Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Got the serpent armor, but the game softlocks when I equip it, the soldier and the armor disappear and no dialogue plays. Oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ah it was my uniform manager mod.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

surrender posted:

How would XCOM 2 run on a 2015 Retina MBP 13" with integrated graphics? I've been playing EU/EW and I want a new fix, but the graphics fall just under the system requirements. Or should I just buy Xenonauts instead

Don't know what the integrated card on the 2015 MBP's are, but I got it running at a quasi-playable framerate on my 2011 15' MBP in Bootcamp.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Just make Rulers require you to run a soldier up and grab ahold of it in order to hit the thing so I can form teams of colonel snipers named Piccolo and rookies named Goku.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Better idea, call them Gohan so you can yell at the rookies for their inability to DOOOOOOOOOOODGE

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
This is different. I started a commander game with the Nest mission checked, and I played until June when I realized that I hadn't seen any MECs. I've had a few missions with Mutons, and they appear after MECs, right?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr Christmas posted:

This is different. I started a commander game with the Nest mission checked, and I played until June when I realized that I hadn't seen any MECs. I've had a few missions with Mutons, and they appear after MECs, right?

I've noticed the same thing. I'm in july (on Legendary so things are a bit delayed) but I have run into exactly 1 MEC when I did the Blacksite mission and I am swarmed with Mutons/tier 2 Advent.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
loving lol: I just played a mission in which I tried to do a hack with a 63% chance, penalty was 'call in reinforcements'. It failed of course, but it called in reinforcements TWICE, with an officer and shock trooper in each reinforcement (I'm only in month 2, guys! commander!). I finished the mission without achieving my 'find documents' goal, with 17 aliens dead and 2 of my dudes, JFC. Call in reinforcements, 2 turns in a row? gently caress!!!

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
That would've been the penalty plus a standard set of scripted reinforcements most likely.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

loving lol: I just played a mission in which I tried to do a hack with a 63% chance, penalty was 'call in reinforcements'. It failed of course, but it called in reinforcements TWICE, with an officer and shock trooper in each reinforcement (I'm only in month 2, guys! commander!). I finished the mission without achieving my 'find documents' goal, with 17 aliens dead and 2 of my dudes, JFC. Call in reinforcements, 2 turns in a row? gently caress!!!

Whatever this was, it also happened before the dlc, because I had the same thing happen to me earlier in the week.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

redreader posted:

It was definitely

Maluco Marinero posted:

That would've been the penalty plus a standard set of scripted reinforcements most likely.

Because a lot (possibly all?) of the timed missions have scripted reinforcement calls.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Ok serious question - does this game not run like poo poo for anyone?

I mean - does anyone with good hardware actually get 60 fps AT ALL TIMES? I'm not talking about 60 fps when you first hit the map, I'm talking 60 fps terror mission and 60 fps when there's a couple of burning things and some destroyed terrain and some roofs caved in?

I'm on a 980 Ti and i7 4770k and this game still runs like loving garbo, despite the 'performance patch'

I'd love to see a video of someone playing on a map like that and a solid 60 fps counter because I don't believe its possible

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't understand people's obsession with 60fps gaming in things that aren't VR (where under 60 can cause physical reactions) and games where frame advantage is an actual thing. The human eye is perfectly fine with a consistent framerate even at like 24fps. A turn based strategy could easily be playable at ONE frame per second as long as the relevant information remained on screen long enough for you to read.

That said, this game is optimized fairly poorly, and I'd be fine if they framerate locked it if that would give better performance.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

I don't understand people's obsession with 60fps gaming in things that aren't VR (where under 60 can cause physical reactions) and games where frame advantage is an actual thing. The human eye is perfectly fine with a consistent framerate even at like 24fps. A turn based strategy could easily be playable at ONE frame per second as long as the relevant information remained on screen long enough for you to read.

That said, this game is optimized fairly poorly, and I'd be fine if they framerate locked it if that would give better performance.

24fps looks like total poo poo

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Personally I'm torn between seeing what the shredstorm cannon does to the terrain, and my current seeing what the shredstorm cannon does to my fps.
Because it's really funny watching my computer try really hard to deal with that amount of destruction.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Not really sure how to explain it but I 'feel' the fps drops when I'm moving the screen around and watching the animations. It's something that always bothered me and significantly hindered by enjoyment of any game.

I know XCOM is a tactical game and it's more playable but FPS drops can result in missed clicks and things like that when they're bad enough - remember the dropping in FPS is the problem. If it actually just ran at a consistent rate it wouldn't be an issue, but it's the constant drops that are jarring and can even impact gameplay

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Are flashbangs broken? Every time I flashbang an enemy, they manage to land a shot on one of my soldiers on their turn.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

:/
Try limiting frame rate to such low numbers in games using Rivaturner statistics server. (It comes with MSI Afterburner) It won't feel good.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

oswald ownenstein posted:

Ok serious question - does this game not run like poo poo for anyone?

I mean - does anyone with good hardware actually get 60 fps AT ALL TIMES? I'm not talking about 60 fps when you first hit the map, I'm talking 60 fps terror mission and 60 fps when there's a couple of burning things and some destroyed terrain and some roofs caved in?

I'm on a 980 Ti and i7 4770k and this game still runs like loving garbo, despite the 'performance patch'

I'd love to see a video of someone playing on a map like that and a solid 60 fps counter because I don't believe its possible

I've got a GTX 970 and some flavor of i5 and I haven't noticed any really significant FPS drops. I haven't bothered to check if it's hanging out at 60 all the time, but it feels fine.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Because, you know, Vipers. Internet. This thread. Tits on a snake. :thejoke:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Are all debuffs extended for rulers? IE are flashbangs etc. worth it?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Not reading the thread because I want to avoid any spoilers but I'm really enjoying this DLC. Playing with Commander ironman and so far I've killed the Viper King and had one encounter with the Berserker. They really spice up the routine missions by being such tough unfair assholes and it makes the game much more fun since there isn't trivial way to handle them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

dyzzy posted:

Are all debuffs extended for rulers? IE are flashbangs etc. worth it?

Yeah. They take burning/acid damage on every one of their turns and Flashbangs lock them out of most of their abilities and force them to squirm for a while. Usually its only 1 or two of 'your' turns, but its super helpful.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm not sure if the burning debuff prevents them from using their abilities (I know it locks out a lot of special abilities when MY guys are burning anyway) but it certainly can't hurt.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Cool. I wasn't really that into flashbangs before but after that Bradford mission...

Also lol that they designed a story mission to make blade ranger look good

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Captain Gordon posted:

Are flashbangs broken? Every time I flashbang an enemy, they manage to land a shot on one of my soldiers on their turn.

Flashbangs are only a 20% debuff to aim. You've still got to put some effort into avoiding fire by hunkering or taking heavy cover.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Well I ran into the most annoying bug. I ran into the Berserker Queen on a Retaliation mission and it just will not move. So every time it goes to Ruler Reaction the green screen just comes up but I get control of my dudes back. I can save and reload to get to the next action so I can theoretically get past it, but goddamn is it tedious since the Queen has 60 some odd HP still.

Also one of the mods I had got pulled from the Workshop so I can't use quicksave/quickload :shepicide:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

dyzzy posted:

Cool. I wasn't really that into flashbangs before but after that Bradford mission...

Also lol that they designed a story mission to make blade ranger look good

It was either that or improve them!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dr Christmas posted:

Update: I just ran into MECs on this same session on June 16. The same mission also introduced Archons.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Zore posted:

Yeah. They take burning/acid damage on every one of their turns and Flashbangs lock them out of most of their abilities and force them to squirm for a while. Usually its only 1 or two of 'your' turns, but its super helpful.

Worth noting that flashbangs don't lock the berserker queen out of a ton of abilities but it does make her already somewhat chancy to-hit crater down to "pretty funny" so I still recommend them against her.

Also, funny note about the Queen: she activated with only one guy in view for me on a guerrilla op, so I gold moved him away to get back to the squad. Once she was unable to see XCOM the berserker queen instead went over and turned the advent patrol I had been fighting into a greasy smear on the pavement. It was hysterical.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Coolguye posted:

Worth noting that flashbangs don't lock the berserker queen out of a ton of abilities but it does make her already somewhat chancy to-hit crater down to "pretty funny" so I still recommend them against her.

Also, funny note about the Queen: she activated with only one guy in view for me on a guerrilla op, so I gold moved him away to get back to the squad. Once she was unable to see XCOM the berserker queen instead went over and turned the advent patrol I had been fighting into a greasy smear on the pavement. It was hysterical.

Patch Notes posted:

Fixed an issue where the Berserker Queen would target allies if no X-COM operative was in sight.
Fixed an issue where Flashbangs were affecting Alien rulers.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are you serious?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unless they just released a hotfix in the last few hours he's joking.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I'm playing with a few custom class mods(ones made by Grimy, whose loot mod I'm also using) and for some reason their skills aren't showing up on the Soldier loadout-thingy. They have them on the skill tree and in actual combat, but not on the same menu where you can see their mobility, HP, etc. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Jetamo posted:

I'm playing with a few custom class mods(ones made by Grimy, whose loot mod I'm also using) and for some reason their skills aren't showing up on the Soldier loadout-thingy. They have them on the skill tree and in actual combat, but not on the same menu where you can see their mobility, HP, etc. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

I think that's just a bug with his class mods. You can see it happening on the screenshots on the workshop too.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Aaaahahaha got to the viper king mission. I had five dudes, and managed to get tier 2 armor and guns. I am fighting the viper king right now and it's the most bullshit thing I've ever encountered in this game. I'm going to have to restart on veteran because there's no way I can do this on commander.

edit: This is amazing. The viper king 'reacted' to me reloading my weapon with one of my 4 remaining guys (he's kept 2 of them frozen throughout the entire fight), then again to me firing, with a crit.
edit 2: YESSSS I SURVIVED WITH NO LOSSES!

redreader fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 15, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

redreader posted:

Aaaahahaha got to the viper king mission. I had five dudes, and managed to get tier 2 armor and guns. I am fighting the viper king right now and it's the most bullshit thing I've ever encountered in this game. I'm going to have to restart on veteran because there's no way I can do this on commander.

edit: This is amazing. The viper king 'reacted' to me reloading my weapon with one of my 4 remaining guys (he's kept 2 of them frozen throughout the entire fight), then again to me firing, with a crit.

Get Bradford up in his face, Bladestorm is not the Viper King's friend. I carved off over half his health in our first encounter this way and completely punked him with reaction fire the next time he showed up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone using the steam controller and having it not recognize your bindings?

When I started playing yesterday, my left/right stick works as do the face buttons and triggers, but not the shoulder buttons or the up/down stick. The start button doesn't even function. I've rebooted steam, the controller, and my computer as well as deleting the configuration profile and tempting re importing, but nope!

This happened last week too, but fixed itself when I loaded up the next night.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Encountered the Berserker Queen, lured her up to the top of a building then dropped her down with grenades, seemed to work pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

I don't think I'm a fan of this new DLC

The rulers basically just cheat the rules of XCOM, and they weren't balanced with the VIP extraction missions in mind at all.

It's fun story time stuff and I like the lore but it just doesn't fit XCOM. You'd think they would have learned from the reception of Slingshot but I guess not

Much love for Firaxis tho