Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Halo14 posted:

Get away from Camel Joe Ted! He looks PISSED.

Arrivabene really needed a cigarette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not sure Villeneuve should really be voicing his opinion on other drivers being dropped tbh.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I said last race that Williams need to stop leaving poo poo to the last second, and what do they loving go and do?
Jesus loving christ this team's management skills..

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

I'm going to cry this year, probably. Supposed to get the most competitive season in years but I bet the only non merc wins are Hungary & Singapore.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Susie with a new hairstyle.

gret fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 14, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Salty Seb and Narked Nico are a go.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wild prediction.

Lewis is going to gently caress up his start which will force Young Max to go wide and smack into the side of a slow starting Are Dan.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Diet Crack posted:

I said last race that Williams need to stop leaving poo poo to the last second, and what do they loving go and do?
Jesus loving christ this team's management skills..

Looks like Claire Williams is a poo poo fraud

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
*Pat Symonds

Far as we can tell Clare deals with media/sponsors/corporate bullshit and Pat does all the actual car stuff and both get orders from Frank.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Just before Sky stopped broadcasting, Rob Smedley called Massa poo poo. And he didn't even really try and hide it. "Yeh, we in the team got everything right, Massa hosed that up and we have to talk about why". Happy redundancy slip.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Q
#believeinmclaren

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Rob Smedley is far more important to Williams than Massa, he was a huge part of why Massa got the seat in the first place.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I don't know Rob, maybe you shouldn't leave it to your drivers pulling a time out of their arses in amongst traffic when every other car is making it's final run. The team are at just as much fault as the driver because it's all too commonplace for Williams to utterly gently caress it all up these days. Massa has been poo poo recently anyway so I don't care if he goes. Bring his son in or something.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

learnincurve posted:

Rob Smedley is far more important to Williams than Massa, he was a huge part of why Massa got the seat in the first place.

If it looked like I meant that the other way around, totally agree with you, Massa is not going to be there after this year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

McLaren's new vomit wing getting them into Q3. Real shame the power unit is still hot garbage.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RedBull sucks rear end and is a team run by retards.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

McLaren's new vomit wing getting them into Q3. Real shame the power unit is still hot garbage.

it was on button's car only lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not impressed with the Scuderia right now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

LOL I didn't notice. Getting ready for work on Saturday is criminal.

Done at the end of this month though!

Also gently caress redbull @ the grow up guy

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

At the very least their car is looking less lovely over time.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Not impressed with the Scuderia right now.

RIP Ferrari will not win another championship for 20+ years.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Looks like Claire Williams is a poo poo fraud

I dont like you today :argh:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky think it's to do with not having this new type of engine injection thingie, Renault Works are supposed to be upgrading to it next race, Red Bull have it this race because it's (renault's) Mario Illien designed ( and the reason Red Bull and Renault will be together again next year) so it will only be Honda who are essentially a generation behind.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Sky think it's to do with not having this new type of engine injection thingie, Renault Works are supposed to be upgrading to it next race, Red Bull have it this race because it's (renault's) Mario Illien designed ( and the reason Red Bull and Renault will be together again next year) so it will only be Honda who are essentially a generation behind.

Honda already said the entire package is hosed, and getting reworked in 2017.

Only hope is them not screwing it up again.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's all way above my head but from what they are saying it's that car makers have been trying to invent this new super engine which works spark plugs and fuel in a revolutionary way for the last 20 years, and F1 managed it in 3. Honda are basically using a old V6 design with the hybrid stuff tacked on and you may as well call it 20 year old technology at this point it's so far behind.

Red Bull were that far behind last race, and now this race they are at the development level on the V6 part of the engine that Mercedes were in 2014, plus all that development in the hybrid stuff and aero in their pocket, along with better reliability than Mercedes and Ferrari. It's not out of the realm of possibility that from this point on they whomp the ferrari and start legit winning in the second half of the season.

e: ironically it was Renault refusing to put Illien's super new injection thingie in the engine last year which caused a lot of the bitching and fights.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 14, 2016

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

monkeytennis posted:

Got to hand it to Lewis there, that was a scorcher.

What did Their HAM do?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

GramCracker posted:

What did Their HAM do?

Drove the insanely fastest car on the grid to an easy pole

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

El Hefe posted:

Drove the insanely fastest car on the grid to an easy pole

Thank god it wasn't ROS. Although I'm willing to bet my pay check on HAM loving the start.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Thank god it wasn't ROS. Although I'm willing to bet my pay check on HAM loving the start.

I just know tomorrows race is going to deliver petulance in the bucket loads. And it will be glorious.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol Jos says he totally hasn't got fired by Max, honest. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-sr-steps-back-from-managing-max-736510/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I just know tomorrows race is going to deliver petulance in the bucket loads. And it will be glorious.

Yeah there's any number of juicy petulant meltdown combinations on tap for tomorrow that it's probably going to be the best race of the year

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I live for the petulance. Let's dial it up to 11, please.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Max will dive bomb the first corner taking out Lewis.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stolen from the nascar thread. But I don't think a single picture encapsulates racing better

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Honda already said the entire package is hosed, and getting reworked in 2017.

Only hope is them not screwing it up again.

the post-arai bluntness is refreshing

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Stolen from the nascar thread. But I don't think a single picture encapsulates racing better

This does not impress me

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wasn't trying to be impressive. Just thought it was hilarious on a lot of levels .

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Let's just hope it all begins at turn 1.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Human Grand Prix posted:

RedBull sucks rear end and is a team run by retards.

Clearly, as their results have shown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Even Red Bull drivers know they are a gaggle of cocks, I bet young Max only signed his big boy contract because as he's 18 now it means he can cut his dad out of everything and tell him to gently caress off.

• Locked thread