Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

In the original saga was 'fate' as a very strong recurring theme. Characters die with purpose, villains suffer ironic defeats for their hubris and things work out pretty okay when the dust settles, even if there's sacrifices along the way. In the SBRverse none of this is true: Johnny beats Valentine not by providence but solely through his own strength of will and 'dark determination' and then dies a few years later anyway when trying to cure his wife of an illness results in a rock falling on his head. Similarly, even the literal divine power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is not capable of making the world a better place, only transfering 'misfortune' away from one person to another, an idea also being explored with 'equivalent exchange' in JoJolion. It's a fundamentally different world from original JoJo and brings an entirely new set of trials for its protagonists to face, the world is an desolate uncaring place where things happen for no good reason and then you die.

To go back to Stone Ocean, the Ireneverse is presented almost like an afterlife or reward for the characters. After everyone has suffered and died opposing a seemingly unbeatable force, Pucci, with his delusions of godhood, is struck down in the most ironic and comically terrible way possible. As Emporio says, walking the path of justice is true 'fate' and for persevering and seeing an end to DIO's legacy once and for all they're reborn in a new without the shadow of that feud cast over them, they've been through their trials and finally get to live in peace. So thematically it would make no sense for SBRverse to be the same place as Ireneverse, aside from having people who could technically be referred to as 'JoJo' but never are and Stands in them they have nothing in common and actively contradict each other in how storytelling is performed, it would turn the eventually happy ending of Stone Ocean into 'lol j/k this place is even more unfair and hosed up than the last one, try not to get uncermimoniously eaten by a aligator when you step outside the car to pee'.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Another nice little scene to set up some future stuff right at the end.

David are too good at this.

e: Yukako 1

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 13, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hazamada has Pink Dark Boy in his manga pile.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think RPS Kid is beneath it too since the hair and headband immediately bring him to mind.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hazamada has Pink Dark Boy in his manga pile.

YES!! I was trying to figure out what that was, and why it looked so much like Heaven's Door.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Baal posted:

I think RPS Kid is beneath it too since the hair and headband immediately bring him to mind.

looks like a tennis magazine

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is, but I thought it looked like him at first

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It does look like Ken Oyanagi, yeah.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It does, but the magazine has a tennis racket on it so...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw, Yukako's a multi episode affair, I'm assuming two, but who knows.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's about as long as Niji bros so it could definitely make 3, but I think 2 as well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

2 would definitely be my guess. they'll have 2 entire episodes to cover it and i can only assume the first will be the leadup to koichi being kidnapped and the second will be the abandoned mansion

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And then the Spaghetti gets fixed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I hope it's a two-parter so we can get to the best part of Part 4 sooner.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah, Risotto Nero is right after Yukako, how could I forget?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i can't wait for rohan to read hazamada's life story and go "what the gently caress"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If anyone in the anime thread doesn't like Italian Food I don't think they should be allowed to post about JoJo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

i can't wait for rohan to read hazamada's life story and go "what the gently caress"

how many chapters/fights are there before we get to rohan

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it goes Yukako, Italian, RHCP, Shizuka, Rohan from here.
e: I checked, it does.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I can't wait to see heaven's door :3:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We've got a good month and a half to go before we hit Rohan at least.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's really funny how quickly Akira gets outed like jesus

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I keep thinking RHCP is way later than it actually is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah for as much as there were people saying he was this major part of Part 4 he's really insignificant in the grand scheme of it and only has a few fights between his introduction and being properly fought

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I really love that Akira's grand plan to counter the Duwang gang's plan to use Joseph to track him down is just to go kill Joseph in person.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think it goes Yukako, Italian, RHCP, Shizuka, Rohan from here.
e: I checked, it does.

i have a feeling we'll get a new OP after the RHCP fight, but that's kinda obvious

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We won't get a new OP song, but the animation will get an overhaul to include Akira, Joseph, Rohan, Shizuka, Shigechi and probably Ratt where Yukako, Tamami, Hazamada etc are now after Italian Food or RHCP 1.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mabels big day posted:

i have a feeling we'll get a new OP after the RHCP fight, but that's kinda obvious

eh i think that will happen after shiggy dies.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If we get an OP change it'll be when Kira is brought into the story proper

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be after Sheer Heart Attack, which is the changing point of the narrative anyway.

It swaps from being finding the arrow and later, the mysterious serial killer to hunting down who Yoshikage Kira became.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Otoishi and Kira (the first time) get outed insanely quickly, yeah. Like, I remember them being further apart but Quiet Life/People of Morioh > Cinderella > Sheer Heart Attack is like nothing. Cinderella's functionally just setup for (the end of) SHA as well which really makes it even quicker. They decide to try and find the killer and... find him on their first real try we see. It's kind of an amazing swerve, really.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

multijoe posted:

In the original saga was 'fate' as a very strong recurring theme. Characters die with purpose, villains suffer ironic defeats for their hubris and things work out pretty okay when the dust settles, even if there's sacrifices along the way. In the SBRverse none of this is true: Johnny beats Valentine not by providence but solely through his own strength of will and 'dark determination' and then dies a few years later anyway when trying to cure his life of an illness results in a rock falling on his head. Similarly, even the literal divine power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is not capable of making the world a better place, only transfering 'misfortune' away from one person to another, an idea also being explored with 'equivalent exchange' in JoJolion. It's a fundamentally different world from original JoJo and brings an entirely new set of trials for its protagonists to face, the world is an desolate uncaring place where things happen for no good reason and then you die.

Oh, like the kid in SBR that Gyro was trying to save.

Yeah, when you mention it like that, I see what you mean.

Yukako and Josuke as a couple. Beating up people who talk poo poo about their hair.

I kind of wish this was a thing. :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i can't forgive david for giving hazmada a consistent height

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MyNews13/status/731206126230851584

Polnareff made it to Jolyne.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Thing I just noticed this episode: Hazamada's uniform collar is decorated with a 間, the "Hazama" in "Hazamada."
On that note, Keicho's uniform has TRILLION written on it because the "cho"(兆) in Keicho means "trillion," and Okuyasu's uniform has BILLION on it because the his Oku (億) means 10^8 and Okuyasu can't count, apparently. Kyo Nijumura continues the theme in Jojolion, as her name means 10^16.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I won't be surprised if the special variant of the OP has all the shadowy silhouettes of everyone lit up, once we've met them all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I barely remember the Yukako chapters, so I decided to re-read the first one just now.

Koichi's reaction to her suddenly going nuts is magical.

:allears:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think next episode might actually be 2.5/3 parts based on chapter count, unless they just do a lot of truncating like they did with the Surface ep. i dont think 3 parters should be totally uncommon with the different pace of DIU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They'll probably tidy up some of it since a lot is gonna end up being Yukako's wacky craziness and it's not plot relevant like Niji Bros is