Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

You know what bothers me about this story arc (well, besides a billion other things)? Gabe was introduced as a bat expert and veteran caver ... but he keeps getting stuck with the role of Guy Who Asks Dumb Questions to Facilitate Exposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Selachian posted:

You know what bothers me about this story arc (well, besides a billion other things)? Gabe was introduced as a bat expert and veteran caver ... but he keeps getting stuck with the role of Guy Who Asks Dumb Questions to Facilitate Exposition.

Beyond that, Yeah the water has to go somewhere. Doesn't mean it goes to the surface, I mean, maybe your corpses might eventually pop out, possibly not.
It's not like you are wearing cold water gear, and scuba tanks

God drat Mark

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

So the people who make this comic looked at Working Daze and decided that their nerd poo poo wasn't annoying enough?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (December 2, 1929)

"Also the cop is clearly trying and failing to hide behind it."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

People seem really blasé about the idea of a student dating a professor over in Mary Worth. That seems at least as blamable as that Hawaiian shirt guy with the painting of a nude woman who everybody agreed was sleazy a while ago.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This is not funny. This is not cute. This is not entertaining. Why does this continue to exist?

:colbert:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

This is not funny. This is not cute. This is not entertaining. Why does this continue to exist?

:colbert:

The old people keeping newspapers afloat find comfort in continuity.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

From here we go back in time, to 1918, and The Missourian.

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Slammy fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 14, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just leave him lying there with an obstructed airway, Everett, that's cool.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 21, 1951)

Barnaby (September 26, 1942)

Nancy (June 5, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (February 16, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (March 17, 1923)

Lil' Abner (October 31, 1936)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah okay, I'm buying the hostility complaints about Lil' Abner now.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set misunderstands the concept of a value meal.

Working Daze actually references a nerd thing months before it's relevant, instead of after.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has an enviable work ethic.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

So loving triggered right now.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Gasoline Alley (March 17, 1923)

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

Goddamn it , entropy can't decrease in a closed loving system, only increase.

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 15, 2016

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Get a start with Jumpy Dog Comix!

Pooch Café

Finally, we're going to see how to make pungee sticks! I've been waiting ever since that Calvin and Hobbes strip first ran.

Ballard Street

Beyond knowing? Their vine account's got 348 million loops!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

RandomFerret posted:

Finally, we're going to see how to make pungee sticks! I've been waiting ever since that Calvin and Hobbes strip first ran.

It's pretty simple. Get your bamboo and cut it into sections of equal length and sharpen one end of the sections to a point. You want to get it as sharp as is possible. Once you've done that, rotate the tips over a small fire until it starts to turn black, and remove. It should be sufficiently hardened and hold a point for a while.

If you want to be fancy, mount the sticks on a plate and set in a pit covered with leaf litter. If you're lazy, just dig a hole, push the sticks into the ground and cover as before.

Before covering, if you can, wipe feces on the end of the spikes. It'll poison their blood and ensure a painful death.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Peanuts: Year Five (November 3, 1954)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kilo147 posted:

It's pretty simple. Get your bamboo and cut it into sections of equal length and sharpen one end of the sections to a point. You want to get it as sharp as is possible. Once you've done that, rotate the tips over a small fire until it starts to turn black, and remove. It should be sufficiently hardened and hold a point for a while.

If you want to be fancy, mount the sticks on a plate and set in a pit covered with leaf litter. If you're lazy, just dig a hole, push the sticks into the ground and cover as before.

Before covering, if you can, wipe feces on the end of the spikes. It'll poison their blood and ensure a painful death.

Don't forget to have the stakes pointing downwards so they trap the leg.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (May 16-17, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (November 4-7, 1954)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

90000 francs of whiskey is a lot, even for Moominpappa. Also 75 million for "extras" is a bit sketchy.

Classic Dilbert

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wow, a strip in which Ellie doesn't seem to hate her family and her life. You don't see much of that.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"Now it looks just like an old mattress in the middle of a cargo container."

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Wow, a strip in which Ellie doesn't seem to hate her family and her life. You don't see much of that.

That struck me as well.

The Amazing Spider-Man

That phrasing makes it sound like Strange expects MJ and Xandu to be in cahoots. I'd be cool with it if that happened.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Or you could, I don't know, get a job or something.

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Beyond that, Yeah the water has to go somewhere. Doesn't mean it goes to the surface, I mean, maybe your corpses might eventually pop out, possibly not.
It's not like you are wearing cold water gear, and scuba tanks

God drat Mark
Yeah I'm far from an expert caver but it seems to me they have so far handled nearly every danger and obstacle in this trip through the caves in just about the worst possible way. They should definitely have stopped and got out at that sinkhole with the plane I still don't understand why they didn't.

And after all this is done there are still the human traffickers to deal with, which I for one had completely forgotten about until just now.

F Minus

Mary Worth

That's an interesting thought you had there, Toby, perhaps we can talk about it further.

Yeah! Look at that! That there! Look at it! That! That sure is something, that is! Look! That!

Rex Morgan MD

I have to give a little credit where credit is due. Beatty has successfully aborted this storyline in a satisfactory way.

"Not quite a full-blown mansion, more of a mid-level one."

Secret Agent X-9

*unzips pants*

Apartment 3-G

"Why, if you don't hurry you'll be unmarried at 25--an old maid!"

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 15, 2016

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah I'm far from an expert caver but it seems to me they have so far handled nearly every danger and obstacle in this trip through the caves in just about the worst possible way. They should definitely have stopped and got out at that sinkhole with the plane I still don't understand why they didn't.
Some nonsense about how the walls of the sinkhole were concave, conveniently ignoring both that there was an inexplicable wrecked plane in the middle of it (which presumably had all kinds of metal bits and wire and struts they could've tried improvising climbing equipment out of), and that this storyline started with shirtless Mark free-climbing a mountain solo.

Then again, if they had climbed out, they wouldn't have found the GYPSUM MOTHERLODE or the underground river that I assume leads to a sahuagin temple (or just pours down into the Underdark). If Mark can punch a few more monsters, he'll be a level 4 nature journalist!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Piccolo

Pros and Cons

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Fort Knox posted only for the political commentary (:confused:)

Viivi & Wagner

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Strontium posted:

This comic strip is the worst thing in the entire universe.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Said Kanye to himself: "How can I be $53 million in debt? :confuoot:"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (May 18, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

The only plausible reason I could come up with that Holly would be on the film set is that Montoni's is catering the shoot, which means this production is in deeper trouble than we thought.

Cancershaft

Out Our Way With The Willets (January 16 and 23, 1927, click for zoomed in)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze actually references a nerd thing months before it's relevant, instead of after.

Except the new Rita design was revealed like a month ago, so it's kind of behind anyway.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I know I've said this many times before, but Jesus Christ I loving hate Brooke's whole thing about how the slightest suggestion of the existence of a woman's butt causes the menfolk to turn into speechless drooling idiots or get boners so fierce they have to remain seated for hours.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Strontium posted:

Happy Sunday! Please enjoy this metric assload of Olde Tyme Comix.

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

And He Did.

I think this comic should be renamed "Now He's Dead."

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Yay! Bill Smith!

Banana Oil!

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Mr. Tweedy

Remember:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Evil Mastermind posted:

I know I've said this many times before, but Jesus Christ I loving hate Brooke's whole thing about how the slightest suggestion of the existence of a woman's butt causes the menfolk to turn into speechless drooling idiots or get boners so fierce they have to remain seated for hours.

Wait, Brooke knows women have butts? Could've fooled me considering how he draws them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set buzzwords.

Working Daze does one of those nerd mashups the kids love so much.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has the sweet smell of success.

• Locked thread