Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah hitbox also has no one watching it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Lovechop posted:

i loved it before the names were removed tho, just cause bronze v players have the best usernames ever

Yeah, but I mean it was a valid criticism even if the threat was probably not there, if you're a lovely player and happen to also be down on yourself for being a lovely player a random dude adding you to harass you mercilessly probably doesn't help. I don't really know what the likelihood of that was exactly, but that's odd the stream got killed.

Have the other saltybet streams started to get hit?

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Wait, the Saltybet guy is a goon??

Holy poo poo, that's awesome.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

3000 normals :toot:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

NTT posted:

3000 normals :toot:

Poor Warwick :(

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Herman Cain Udyr was looking to steal your double sheen build

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Thanks for the elo Wings

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Why do people still pick skarner

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mikujin posted:

He's still good :iiam:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Rammus is really stupidly fun in Ascension.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mikujin posted:

if you max e he's safe & reliable while still being able to snowball so he does pretty well in solo queue

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

Why do people still pick skarnerRiven

:iiam: actual real mystery

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Sexpansion posted:

:iiam: actual real mystery

In Bronze/Silver she is still a great pick because people are clueless about cooldown timings.

According to twitter saltyteemo will be back up tomorrow, it just got caught up in a mass reporting somehow? Wait and see what happens I guess.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NTT posted:

Thanks for the elo Wings

Do you find that playing ranked on your smurf translates to playing on your main, despite the elo difference?

And grats! Now you've gotta go for the redemption play of beating qtpie as xerath with a baron steal imo.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm really bad at league of legends man

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

MTHNR KREW

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
idk, as a bad bronze I think that anyone D2 and up can't claim to be bad anymore.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

idk, as a bad bronze I think that anyone D2 and up can't claim to be bad anymore.
depends what you mean by bad

bad compared to the average player? no

bad compared to the amount of skill a person can theoretically have? yes

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Oh boy.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
woah, a ranked (?) match where malz wasn't banned

best of luck in punishing them for that

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i had a jg malz on my team earlier, we lost so hard it wasn't even close

lotta games like that today, come to think of it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar claims another easy victory.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/5737f20676dde7f6b0/malzahar-isnt-a-broken-champion

check out the most underwhelming quadra of the century

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

M A L Z A H A R

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How is Malz not being banned? :riot:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Endorph posted:

depends what you mean by bad

bad compared to the average player? no

bad compared to the amount of skill a person can theoretically have? yes

It always strikes me as weird that a lot of people unironically call pretty much any player that is below the level of the best pros bad. Like say you're in Diamond 5 or something, that puts you in the top 3% or so of League players, but so many people call that level of skill bad. It's something that seems to be unique to video games, like if you're in the top 3% of literally any other skill in the world nobody would say you are bad, you would be considered outstanding at that skill.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

It always strikes me as weird that a lot of people unironically call pretty much any player that is below the level of the best pros bad. Like say you're in Diamond 5 or something, that puts you in the top 3% or so of League players, but so many people call that level of skill bad. It's something that seems to be unique to video games, like if you're in the top 3% of literally any other skill in the world nobody would say you are bad, you would be considered outstanding at that skill.

When you're in the top 1% you get placed often against people who are in the top 0.01% because of progressively smaller populations for them to play. When you're in the top 50% and play against someone in the top 45% it's just another day. When you're 1 in 100 and you play against someone who's 1 in 10000, let's just say that it's a really humbling experience.

The first time I got into Gladiator range in WoW as a Feral I immediately faced Reckful and I was destroyed so incredibly hard that it pretty much made me see how bad I was instantaneously.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
players are very obsessive and pedantic about ladder rankings and it annoys the poo poo out of me.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mikujin posted:

How is Malz not being banned? :riot:

there's a bell curve thing where most players are willing to ban overpowered champions, but the least skilled players are too dumb to know what to ban and the most skilled players are too arrogant to ever think they would lose to fotm picks

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Nami, sona, soraka

Yay

e: both threads shouldn't have the same tag...

henkman fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 15, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did they not hotfix him yet?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

players are very obsessive and pedantic about ladder rankings and it annoys the poo poo out of me.

I mean so were you when you went out of your way to mention you were plat or w/e last thread after you duo'd with bond for like a week

Enthusiasm
Jul 11, 2010

NEVER go back for any reason.
Please nerf Malz into the ground so I can play him again

e; Zyra is p cool, tho

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Luna Was Here posted:

I mean so were you when you went out of your way to mention you were plat or w/e last thread after you duo'd with bond for like a week

dusted

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Luna Was Here posted:

Destroyed

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

:sad:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this new ascension map is too foggy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

did they not hotfix him yet?

they increased his mana costs a bit, truly he has been gutted and brought back into line with other champions

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

Keebster isn't unique to this as any one of us mediocre shits that hit diamond in the past two or three years wouldn't shut the hell up about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
When I used to play with Keeby like a year ago he basically spent every game calling everything he laned against OP and I'm surprised he didn't die of a rage stroke. Now he's very good at multiple roles and makes calm and smart calls on the map while I'm losing one or more lanes for the team and joins a wonderful pool of goons who regularly carry me - a nearly useless old man - to victory.

• Locked thread