Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this is my wrestler's entrance theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I usually blew them all up at the start of the race whenever I could.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just beat Doom E1 25 years late and goddamn its really really good. I alreayd wanna replay it and try to beat my time. I recorded a video of myself playing E1M1 for the first time a few months ago and then watching videos of the new one made me wanna revisit it. I felt like a dumbass when i realized theres a sprint button and you could go even faster. I dont think any games feels as completely loving sick as the original doom does.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm installing marvel heroes in hopes that this computer can run it. I hope it can, it seemed pretty fun, albeit buggy from what I've heard. It's a shame that engine is so broken that a character like quicksilver would be impossible to make without slowing him down a bunch though.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I'm going through my unplayed steam games (I'm broke) and been trying to make progress in miasmata even though im scared of the weird green kitty. :(

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In Training posted:

I just beat Doom E1 25 years late and goddamn its really really good. I alreayd wanna replay it and try to beat my time. I recorded a video of myself playing E1M1 for the first time a few months ago and then watching videos of the new one made me wanna revisit it. I felt like a dumbass when i realized theres a sprint button and you could go even faster. I dont think any games feels as completely loving sick as the original doom does.

I know homie. I fuckin :love: DooM!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

i put like 200 into it as a kid and never went into another oblivion gate after the first.

I put in enough time in Oblivion to max out alchemy, make the lightest invis potions, stack them to over 100% invis and mucked about. Apparently, the daedra tell you "you're not supposed to be here mortal" if you aren't busy trying to kill each other. It's so game breaking, but then again, half the fun of open world things is using the predefined and constrained parameters to do what you can, sometimes to hilarious and impressive effect.

Pro click, better than the 90-minute rant, and considerably more informative. I might have to delve into that channel more.

Unguided posted:

I usually blew them all up at the start of the race whenever I could.

Victory through attrition. This also works for most F-Zero races :getin:

I recall one of the initial reveals of an F-Zero game, and the winner was someone who didn't just race, but wrecked rides when the opportunity presented itself.

I say most because the GX story mode was a load of horse poo poo rubberband AI :livintrope:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If youre gonna disrespect hbomb dont be boosting a sleep inducing video like that

Fucker cant even mention how the bodies on the ground keep their orientation in 3d cause hes too busy saying everything twice to check off another boring voiceover cliche turn of phrase.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNVSpeL3WpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ABVfeUHQgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvzEZ1Sq4tI

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 15, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In Training posted:

One game does. It's Quake 1, drat early id were genuine rockstars of game development. These games were just so perfectly non-bullshit. Also both soundtracks <3.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
drat, even on lowest settings I still get lag and stuttering in marvel heroes even when I'm by myself. Oh well. Maybe some day later when I can afford a better graphics card.

Until then...I've always got Sacred Gold to play!!

I really like that the different characters start in different places, even if all of the starting areas are just a stone's throw from one another so it is more or less just aesthetic choice. It adds a lot to the game just knowing they took the time to add something like that for each character.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Palpek posted:

One game does. It's Quake 1, drat early id were genuine rockstars of game development. These games were just so perfectly non-bullshit. Also both soundtracks <3.

Amen. Quake 1 is still a blast all these years later.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Anybody wanna play Quake Live? PM me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One bad thing about UC4 is that it's rock steady framerate has made me notice more what garbo other PS4 games fps are. :(

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Agreed, going from the dark souls 2 PS4 edition to bloodborne was somewhat harrowing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will buy a NEO day one if it has 60fps Bloodborne support

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still in the camp that believes NEO doesn't exist. If it did Sony would not announce it at E3 unless they were going to make it available for purchase in stores that day. If that were the case then stores would already know about the NEO and we would have a lot more serious credible sources where right now we have none. None of the executives at various big publishers know about the NEO and they have all commented on it at this point.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

That's twice the number of frames to render out of order.

I said come in! posted:

Still in the camp that believes NEO doesn't exist. If it did Sony would not announce it at E3 unless they were going to make it available for purchase in stores that day. If that were the case then stores would already know about the NEO and we would have a lot more serious credible sources where right now we have none. None of the executives at various big publishers know about the NEO and they have all commented on it at this point.

...Why the hell do you think they'd take the Sega Saturn release approach?

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 15, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

One bad thing about UC4 is that it's rock steady framerate has made me notice more what garbo other PS4 games fps are. :(

That's always been Naughty Dog's thing, I remember being blown away playing Jak II after GTA3 and it having a buttery-smooth framerate despite the bigger draw distance and characters that were detailed enough to not have blocks for hands.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

...Why the hell do you think they'd take the Sega Saturn release approach?

It's not a whole new console, makes no sense to announce a release date for months from now. Say goodbye to the PS4's very strong sales for the next 4 - 5 months if the NEO is announced for this fall. Sony and Microsoft made their redesigns of the PS3 and 360 available right away.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

It's not a whole new console, makes no sense to announce a release date for months from now. Sony and Microsoft made their redesigns of the PS3 and 360 available right away.

Those were simple redesigns, not incremental upgrades.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Those were simple redesigns, not incremental upgrades.

No one's going to buy a PS4 when they know a new one is coming out soon. It'll either be available day of E3 or not at all.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Price cuts are a thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I don't care about 60fps but stable 30 would be nice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol the PS4 is already practically given away at this point. $350 is an absolute steal, Sony doesn't need to lower the price but the Xbox One is now $300. Sony might do that but still doubt there will be a NEO announcement.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have no intention of buying a "new" PS4 console, and I strongly suspect most PS4 owners think the same way. If it isn't a straight up new system or upgrade, it feels pointless. And nobody else is doing it--if Sony is trying to match step with Nintendo of all companies, then they've really lost sight of who their market is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't in all seriousness buy the argument that the PS4 needs better hardware when games like Uncharted 4 exist.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

I can't in all seriousness buy the argument that the PS4 needs better hardware when games like Uncharted 4 exist.

Does Sony pay you to post like this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just thought they were doing it because of the new blu ray format.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Yes, they do. I'm a Sony employee.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I have no intention of buying a "new" PS4 console, and I strongly suspect most PS4 owners think the same way. If it isn't a straight up new system or upgrade, it feels pointless. And nobody else is doing it--if Sony is trying to match step with Nintendo of all companies, then they've really lost sight of who their market is.

lol trying to match step with Nintendo? the company that took all of 2016 off and probably will just barely reach XB1 levels of hardware? I don't think anyone needs to worry

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol trying to match step with Nintendo? the company that took all of 2016 off and probably will just barely reach XB1 levels of hardware? I don't think anyone needs to worry

Yeah, it'd be baffling, but why else shove this sort of thing out there now, if they weren't trying, for some reason, to head off the NX? There's certainly not been any hype or buzz for an announcement like this, only rumors and "leaks".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Why do you assume Nintendo when the much more obvious reason is PlaystationVR which needs high resolution and rock solid framerate

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I said come in! posted:

I would say all the best looking playstation games have come out when the system is at its end. Release titles just didn't look as good as those end life games, nor did they have close to the same gameplay value.

I.E. Shadow of the Colossus vs all the PS3 release titles. I know there's a bunch more on PS1 & 2 but just can't remember because of time.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 15, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

Why do you assume Nintendo when the much more obvious reason is PlaystationVR which needs high resolution and rock solid framerate

Oh yeah. I'd forgotten about this VR headset thing. Well, good luck with that. I anticipate another soon-to-be-hated gimmick like motion controls were.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

Yes, they do. I'm a Sony employee.

That explains all the MGS 4 was GOTY drivel, no person would ever write that without getting paid.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh yeah. I'd forgotten about this VR headset thing. Well, good luck with that. I anticipate another soon-to-be-hated gimmick like motion controls were.

Why do you assume that proprietary VR accessories on an underpowered plastic brick would somehow fail?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ilustforponydeath posted:

That explains all the MGS 4 was GOTY drivel, no person would ever write that without getting paid.

MGS4 was amazing. It had closure. It had to have a long ending sequence because it was supposed to be the end of the series.

The problem today is you spend 50 hours beating the game and its a 30 second video basically hi fiving you. Zero closure sometimes it makes the game just a shaggy dog story, like give us $60 bucks for nothing to happen. HAHA good job!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

MGS4 was amazing. It had closure. It had to have a long ending sequence because it was supposed to be the end of the series.

The problem today is you spend 50 hours beating the game and its a 30 second video basically hi fiving you. Zero closure sometimes it makes the game just a shaggy dog story, like give us $60 bucks for nothing to happen. HAHA good job!

The ending sequence is the least of MGS4's problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

I'm actually paying him.

• Locked thread