Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

he's quite taken with the Drang Spears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

watching pat loving devour hits with his face and take entire strings with his shield makes me feel bad

I played the game shield-less, underleveled, and with a greataxe

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

same, but the sellsword twin

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
back in the day i played dark souls 10km every day uphill both ways both ways and got beaten down by abusive mimic parents every day and I liked it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
so we're at episode 26 of deus ex, how many more episodes at this rate will we probably get?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

same, but the sellsword twin

goondolences

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just murdered everything with Geat Chaos fire orb on my first playthrough.

That thing trivializes almost everything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

back in the day i played dark souls 10km every day uphill both ways both ways and got beaten down by abusive mimic parents every day and I liked it

Back in my day, we didn't even play dark souls! We just got beaten every hour and we liked it that way dammit! You pansies couldn't handle living Dark Souls, the only real way to play it.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

e: Started deprived, planned to build for the DS1 Halberd then got a Dark Sword so my play through is now easy mode.

DPM fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 15, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope they critique sonic at some point. that franchise had some fun ones

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

straight from the pros

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DumbparameciuM posted:

e: Started deprived, planned to build for the DS1 Halberd then got a Dark Sword so my play through is now easy mode.

the halberd is probably the best weapon in the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

the halberd is probably the best weapon in the game

It's not that good in pve and is only available in the very late game anyway.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 15, 2016

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I sorta wish Pat would've gone with his standard BIG STRENG MANS big weapon build.

My second playthrough was with a claymore, and I'm pretty sure if your attacks are too slow, you can only beat Champion Gundyr with parries. When you finally do it, it's dope and you feel like a badass.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doos posted:

I'm pretty sure if your attacks are too slow, you can only beat Champion Gundyr with parries.

That's not even remotely true.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Well dang. I couldn't ever find a window to hit him on phase 2.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best weapon is any straight sword because you get stunlock+wide hitbox and for some reason massive range on it.

doos posted:

Well dang. I couldn't ever find a window to hit him on phase 2.

Have you never tried the roll attacks after dodging or something?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Tae posted:

Have you never tried the roll attacks after dodging or something?

It's possible I was intimidated by all the times I tried and failed to dodge and attack, but the recovery felt too slow to escape Champ's onslaught.

It felt easier to stay in close, keep dodging, and parry the more obvious attacks. I felt more confident with it, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just beat him yesterday, and I remember huge cooldowns even during phase 2, especially after the big glaive earthquake and his counterkick.

The hardest "boss" for me is still Dragonslayer because of his damage output the first time and the final sirius sidequest enemy.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Mega Man's true enemy has appeared

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Matt has a really loud and obtrusive subscriber noise on his stream.

Also I'm kind of shocked the boxart critique didn't include either the amazing megaman European painterly boxart or megaman 9, but ok.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 15, 2016

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Andrast posted:

It's not that good in pve and is only available in the very late game anyway.

Um, you can buy it from the Handmaid (or Greirat, forget which) early on, and pick up the superior Red-Hilted Halberd in the Undead Settlement.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Um, you can buy it from the Handmaid (or Greirat, forget which) early on, and pick up the superior Red-Hilted Halberd in the Undead Settlement.

I thought we were talking about the Black knight halberd glaive for some unknown reason.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I bought FFX and began the adventures of Toitus today, and oh boy, no-one tell Matt just how trivial it makes grinding. 4 x Turbo, auto-battle and the ability to set encounter rates, all with quick shortcuts. I loving hate grinding in anything, so God bless Square Enix for making this a thing.

Captain Invictus posted:

so we're at episode 26 of deus ex, how many more episodes at this rate will we probably get?

Probably 50 episodes total; there's three main areas left but also the Missing Link DLC, so maybe a little more?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I bought FFX and began the adventures of Toitus today, and oh boy, no-one tell Matt just how trivial it makes grinding. 4 x Turbo, auto-battle and the ability to set encounter rates, all with quick shortcuts. I loving hate grinding in anything, so God bless Square Enix for making this a thing.

You don't ever need to grind in FFX.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

asdfg nevermind

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 16, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Al-Saqr posted:

Good. The entire point of streaming is to have some form of interaction with other people while playing a game. If you just do what they do during full Zaibatsu streams where they just kind of ignore all the chat/live aspects of it there's no real point in it being a stream over just a normal video.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Good. The entire point of streaming is to have some form of interaction with other people while playing a game. If you just do what they do during full Zaibatsu streams where they just kind of ignore all the chat/live aspects of it there's no real point in it being a stream over just a normal video.

Subscriber noises don't count as interaction.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Andrast posted:

Subscriber noises don't count as interaction.

Yeah but usually, with good streamers, they typically acknowledge it and read chat and actually interact with them so it's a sign for the better. At least that's my experience watching people like Witwix and AdmiralBulldog.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Andrast posted:

You don't ever need to grind in FFX.

No, but it means you can blast out the battles for that area in moments then turn them off so they don't bug you while running around talking to people and exploring.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Al-Saqr posted:

Also I'm kind of shocked the boxart critique didn't include either the amazing megaman European painterly boxart or megaman 9, but ok.

They skipped Mega Man 6 too. :(

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Yeah I too enjoy "DADADADA" music to happen full blast every two seconds just because someone followed while Matt is responding to the actual chat and drowning out the interaction.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

gently caress off with every part of this, the SBF streams do the only part of audience interaction that matters, and that's occasionally noting when they're doing/saying something wrong because the chat told them

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

gently caress off with every part of this, the SBF streams do the only part of audience interaction that matters, and that's occasionally noting when they're doing/saying something wrong because the chat told them

Nah that's dumb and kind of pointless when they bring in multiple people into the all to do that already. There's nothing really fun about watching the stream live over jumping into the archive other than occasionally Woolie will pause to read a donation that says a joke that's an hour out of context.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

or, I dunno, the multiplayer (all that great stuff in DeS? Only possible due to streaming!)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Streamers are complete trash and I'm so glad that SBF doesn't imitate poo poo like Max's streams

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nah that's dumb and kind of pointless when they bring in multiple people into the all to do that already. There's nothing really fun about watching the stream live over jumping into the archive other than occasionally Woolie will pause to read a donation that says a joke that's an hour out of context.

and hearing an obnoxious noise every minute on the other hand isn't pointless at all?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

or, I dunno, the multiplayer

All that sick Heavy Rain Co-op action!

Joking aside I kind of lost interest in watching Woolie flail around against invaders because it's just not fun to really watch because of his very defensive play style. He's less turtly than he was in Dark 2 but it's still not the most exciting.

Andrast posted:

and hearing an obnoxious noise every minute on the other hand isn't pointless at all?

I don't know what to tell you, I don't really find it that obnoxious and can still hear him fine during it. I can understand what people have against it, but I just kinda prefer this and Matt's interaction with the stream in general compared to the full crew streams.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 15, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Joking aside I kind of lost interest in watching Woolie flail around against invaders because it's just not fun to really watch because of his very defensive play style

so did you just not watch the last des stream or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

so did you just not watch the last des stream or what

Honestly, not passed the first 30 mins. Having both Plague and GermanSpy on at skype quality wasn't the most entertaining thing. Did Woolie finally learn the Souls trick of just going in a Parrying people to death? Because if so I'll definitely have to go back and finish it in archive.