Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Like, have you ever laughed really hard non-stop for a few minutes? poo poo starts to hurt man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Chinatsu will def. make some cursed candy of her own and bring it to school.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I'm surprised it took Chinatsu this long to make that request.

High Speed Soldier looks like it's just one long, continuous car chase that lasts the entire movie.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Command Ant posted:

High Speed Soldier looks like it's just one long, continuous car chase that lasts the entire movie.

I think the movie switched to Speed at some point :v:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What a fun episode :3:

I love beef stew :cry:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Knorth posted:

I love beef stew :cry:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I hope we get an episode that focuses a little more on the parents, they seem so chill.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah. Using :) is ALWAYS suspicious. ALWAYS!

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Poor Kei doesn't have any idea what kind of trouble his sister has in store for him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy loving poo poo this anime is so good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

paragon1 posted:

Like, have you ever laughed really hard non-stop for a few minutes? poo poo starts to hurt man.

It's not like Makoto's crying is any better. Have you ever had a fit of crying that lasted for a few minutes? Your throat gets freaking ragged!

That cursed candy is nothing to sniff at!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

paragon1 posted:

I remember watching a comedy show, I want to say it was Always Sunny, and laughing so hard at a bit while extremely sick with a URI and felt like I was dead afterwards.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

I remember watching a comedy show, I want to say it was Always Sunny, and laughing so hard at a bit while extremely sick with a URI and felt like I was dead afterwards.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Command Ant posted:

With explosions, and possibly space fighters at one point? But it has an NSX in it so it can't be all bad.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

The older sister doesn't even help out around the house. She just eats, sleeps, and casts spells that seem to always cause problems to others -- the massive amount of crows for her sister for that first spell, turning her friend into a were-fox or whatever, and today's stuff.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dan7el posted:

The older sister doesn't even help out around the house. She just eats, sleeps, and casts spells that seem to always cause problems to others -- the massive amount of crows for her sister for that first spell, turning her friend into a were-fox or whatever, and today's stuff.

Yeah, she's the best. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dan7el posted:

When she's not traveling the world on a journey of self-discovery. In other words, she's a privileged, upper-middle-class magical twentysomething. It's too bad she dropped out of high school, she could've stuck to it a few more years and got a degree in Sociology or English Lit.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
tbh you dont need to beg your parents for airline money when you're a witch

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

To be fair, Makoto asked Akane to teach her a spell, and she did. Same with Chinatsu, and Inukai technically stole that candy after being told to not eat it. It's not Akane's fault if there's interesting, harmless, and amusing side effects.

And the Trick and Treat was pretty intentionally picked. She doesn't want Chinatsu to legitimately try to be a witch. But tricking her into giving it up of her own accord via bad experiences with magic is a good solution.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

:catstare:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Zweihander01 posted:

And the Trick and Treat was pretty intentionally picked. She doesn't want Chinatsu to legitimately try to be a witch. But tricking her into giving it up of her own accord via bad experiences with magic is a good solution.

If that really was her intention, it doesn't look like it worked.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

i think her intention is to gently caress around a lot

she seeeeems like a serious witch when it comes to serious witching.

Also, it's nice that witchery still needs pentagrams even in the peaceful japanese countryside.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Jintor posted:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jintor posted:

she seeeeems like a serious witch when it comes to serious witching.

Also, it's nice that witchery still needs pentagrams even in the peaceful japanese countryside.

Akane was pretty nice teaching her sister and cousin how to use the power of Satan.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Shouldn't Makoto have known the effects of those basic spells. I get the feeling that she's a bad witch.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Shouldn't Makoto have known the effects of those basic spells. I get the feeling that she's a bad witch.

Maybe Akane invented them

Jintor
May 19, 2014

it almost seemed like she was product testing

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
She's very specifically not good at magic spells, it's been pointed out multiple times. But as she said, spells aren't everything.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

She's also bad at flying.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

And she's also bad at making potions! What witchy thing is she good at then?!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

plants maybe? not sure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

And she's also bad at making potions! What witchy thing is she good at then?!

Being cute, the most important witch skill.
Though Chinatsu has her beat on that front.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Owning a Good Kitty.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Being cute.

She's a pro at being cute.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I think I know why her parents want her to finish high school.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Knorth posted:

Maybe Akane invented them

Yeah, it seems like the sort of spell that would never be specifically taught, but could be easily invented.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nao, be nice to Chito!

e:
Yeah, that'll learn ya.

Wait, Chito is a girl? I guess I didn't know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

And there's the cafe and ghosty waitress. Cute!

• Locked thread