Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

It's not a disappointment that the mercs wrecked you Spanish git, it's the best thing that's happened to the sport in 20 odd races.

I would rather see a thousand year Mercedes reich than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

learnincurve posted:

I'm good with "anyone but Lewis"

I'd take Lewis winning 5 more championships in a row than Max winning a single more race.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You have to think though, if Red bull do start legit beating ferrari then Vettel is going to be salty as gently caress.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky are staying on air until the stewards have made a decision.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

42% salty brits

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Sky are staying on air until the stewards have made a decision.

While I'd love to see Rosberg get a race ban, if the decision is anything other than "Noone got an advantage, racing incident chill out from now on" then it's a stupid decision.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The stewards saying anything other than it was a racing incident would be dumb

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Are Dan seems a bit upset.

Looks like young max got given the better strategy even though Dan was in the lead.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Max did so well today that Jos won't even have to beat him tonight.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

El Hefe posted:

42% salty brits

Hope you're streaming Sky if you really want to see salty Brits.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Aqualung posted:

Woah.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Aqualung posted:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

NtotheTC posted:

While I'd love to see Rosberg get a race ban, if the decision is anything other than "Noone got an advantage, racing incident chill out from now on" then it's a stupid decision.

If the stewards don't refer the incident to the police then we know a white man can attempt to murder a black man with impugnity anywhere in the world.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

learnincurve posted:

Are Dan seems a bit upset.

Looks like young max got given the better strategy even though Dan was in the lead.

Red bull bad team confirmed.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What was Rosberg charging his battery down that straight that seems weird

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let me know if Sky's 5/15 coverage has any good theories.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Goetta posted:

What was Rosberg charging his battery down that straight that seems weird

Rosberg bad driver and hosed up

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

GET INNNN (your pram) LEWIISSSS

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That's sure what it looks like. It is stark how much loving slower he was when Lewis was trying to pass him

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

FAROOQ posted:

If the stewards don't refer the incident to the police then we know a white man can attempt to murder a black man with impugnity anywhere in the world.

Amen. #BLM

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

I wonder if Nikki's hat is from the 1970s or if it's like the Seinfeld dad who always has new clothes, but they're still old.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I'd call it a racing incident. Lewis and Nico seem to be as dumb as each other sometimes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Holy Cheese posted:

I'd call it a racing incident. Lewis and Nico seem to be as dumb as each other sometimes.

This times a loving million.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

:laffo:

Sky speculating that Lewis may be considering taking a sabbatical.

gently caress they love making this drama up.

Edit: At least Brundle dismissed that as bullshit.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis has told German TV that it was his own fault.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
they asked toto about that yesterday too

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Oh hey guys, it's been a few weeks since I've been able to watch an F1 race live did anthing

:stare:

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Dubs posted:

they asked toto about that yesterday too

Really? Sounds ridiculous.

If Lewis takes a sabbatical, I'll match it in the F1 thread.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

learnincurve posted:

Lewis has told German TV that it was his own fault.

black man admits fault when pressured by nazi TV

it means nothing

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Aqualung posted:

Really? Sounds ridiculous.

If Lewis takes a sabbatical, I'll match it in the F1 thread.

Now I'm conflicted

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

The one race I don't watch live :negative:

From some salty compatriots of mine on twitter

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Just finished watching the race as I had to pause it half way through for awhile.

What a great loving race eh? Are Max the Second is surely going to go on to win multiple world championships. I am so pleased for the lad and he won that race with merit and performance and was not fazed one bit with a world champion on his tail for so long. Well done lad. You may have stole the looks from an unfortunate looking down syndrome frog, but you stole our hearts too.

Im not too fussed about Their Lewis's appalling petulant like driving today because not only did he take out Are Great Champion of 2016 he also took out himself which means there is no change in points and he has effectively with the righteousness and justice of fates karma puts Are Great Champion of 2016 one less race of the season to worry about #Their #petulance #aloof #oval office's ability to maybe close the points gap, if you believe in that kind of thing of course. Also its about time Their #oval office bully tactics completely back fired on him for once.

Great race, I loved it, perhaps the best of the season so far. Looking forward to Four Time in a Row Are Great Champion of 2016 Monaco Winner.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thing is the move has already been executed by that frame, Rosberg saw it just as soon as Lewis pulled to the side to overtake. It's a racing incident at the end of the day and let us just bask in the glory of not having another boring loving race dominated by Mercedes.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Just finished watching the race as I had to pause it half way through for awhile.

What a great loving race eh? Are Max the Second is surely going to go on to win multiple world championships. I am so pleased for the lad and he won that race with merit and performance and was not fazed one bit with a world champion on his tail for so long. Well done lad. You may have stole the looks from an unfortunate looking down syndrome frog, but you stole our hearts too.

Im not too fussed about Their Lewis's appalling petulant like driving today because not only did he take out Are Great Champion of 2016 he also took out himself which means there is no change in points and he has effectively with the righteousness and justice of fates karma puts Are Great Champion of 2016 one less race of the season to worry about #Their #petulance #aloof #oval office's ability to maybe close the points gap, if you believe in that kind of thing of course. Also its about time Their #oval office bully tactics completely back fired on him for once.

Great race, I loved it, perhaps the best of the season so far. Looking forward to Four Time in a Row Are Great Champion of 2016 Monaco Winner.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This is a fairly good post actually

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Watch it get reported from multiple British IP addresses.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Petulance incoming after the break.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lewis on Instagram: We're just gonna keep our heads down and look forward to the next GP #StilliRise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Astroclassicist posted:

The one race I don't watch live :negative:

From some salty compatriots of mine on twitter

The trouble is that if you take the rule literally without context then it seems to sanction dive-bombing.

Also, Nico had 'initiated' his move to the right before Lewis poked his nose into the rapidly closing door.

Lewis's fault IMO.

• Locked thread