Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Disrespecting servicepersons is a pretty good thing to get angry about.

also this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
So "almost got in an argument" literally means "didn't do anything, seethed on the inside, and complained about it on the internet afterwards". Come on guys, this is parody.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the argument would have been them turning around and saying "shut your loving mouth arsehole" which is probably not the best thing to do during a nice dinner you're trying to have

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-refuses-to-admit-he-is-middle-class-on-peston-on-sunday-a7030136.html

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ohh duhhh i need to work on my acronym recognition i guess

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Angepain posted:

ohh duhhh i need to work on my acronym recognition i guess

This Is Bad For Jeremy Corbyn.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

This Is Bad For Jeremy Corbyn.

Oh I get it now, but not before accusing TinTower of terrible things in the page before. Truly, TIBFA.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Angepain posted:

Oh I get it now, but not before accusing TinTower of terrible things in the page before. Truly, TIBFA.

Today you butt hosed yourself?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Hey, I'm a lib dem, if anything Cameron would be buttfucking us. :v:

This loving referendum, though:

https://twitter.com/strongerin/status/731601179130646528

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden
Oh god its like the campaigns are competing to repel anyone slightly thoughtful

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Why would we want to do better in Eurovision? Surely that would prevent us from looking down on the foreigners when they vote in numbers for countries other than our own?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TinTower posted:

Hey, I'm a lib dem, if anything Cameron would be buttfucking us. :v:

This loving referendum, though:

https://twitter.com/strongerin/status/731601179130646528
Every time I see Leave propaganda I edge closer to Remain, and vice versa. They're writing each other's stuff and it's all a joke at this point, right?

I swear by next month it's not going to be a discussion of which position has the most merits but of which is the best thing to spoil your ballot with.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Pretty crazy, is this the first time this has happened in the UK?

"A source at the stadium said that the device included a mobile phone, which was attached to a pipe. It was believed to have been found in a set of toilets in the ground’s north-west corner.

Greater Manchester police confirmed a controlled explosion was conducted within the stadium and stewards were seen filing back into the ground shortly before 5pm. The device was described by police as “incredibly lifelike”."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ford-evacuation

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

What, suspect devices? Those are p. retro

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Jippa posted:

Pretty crazy, is this the first time this has happened in the UK?
A bomb threat? No mate it isn't.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

ugggghhhhhhhh

Hoops posted:

A bomb threat? No mate it isn't.

lol if your school never had a bomb threat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why exactly did they raise the northern ireland threat level after the elections anyway? I thought not much changed?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Why exactly did they raise the northern ireland threat level after the elections anyway? I thought not much changed?

3 people where shot in a 24 hour period

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

What, suspect devices? Those are p. retro

In a football ground.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

In general there's been elevated concern about the New IRA after reports they've got their hands on Semtex after they blew up a prison officer in March and they've deffo been ratcheting up their activities, what with he whole centenary year thing it's been kind of expected

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
You wonder how they got the components in? It was real looking enough too fool the security services.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

the argument would have been them turning around and saying "shut your loving mouth arsehole" which is probably not the best thing to do during a nice dinner you're trying to have

And if I'd raised my voice, may well have got thrown ut the restaurant.
Which is all why i didnt do anything.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

You wonder how they got the components in? It was real looking enough too fool the security services.

A phone and wires isn't very hard to get into a stadium.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

A phone and wires isn't very hard to get into a stadium.

For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave your phones and wires alone'

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Guavanaut posted:

Every time I see Leave propaganda I edge closer to Remain, and vice versa. They're writing each other's stuff and it's all a joke at this point, right?

It's like they saw Better Together's campaign and went. Let's use that as are campaign front.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Eat your cereal and don't worry about the EU.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

It's like they saw Better Together's campaign and went. Let's use that as are campaign front.

Better together won after all.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

baka kaba posted:

ugggghhhhhhhh

lol if your school never had a bomb threat

What happened to the 'T'?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought No Thanks feat. Gordon Brown won.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

In general there's been elevated concern about the New IRA after reports they've got their hands on Semtex after they blew up a prison officer in March and they've deffo been ratcheting up their activities, what with he whole centenary year thing it's been kind of expected

I prefer Classic IRA

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Or the Roth IRA

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

JFairfax posted:

I prefer Classic IRA

New IRA was just a marketing gimmick.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I thought No Thanks feat. Gordon Brown won.

On the one hand, Gordon Brown spent all the pounds and single-handedly crashed the world economy, but on the other, he did a speech once and single-handedly won the referendum. Gordon Brown is a land of contrasts.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm surprised that the BBC hasn't gone with 'so-called Irish Republican Army'.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I'm surprised that the BBC hasn't gone with 'so-called Irish Republican Army'.

You gotta find a way to distinguish between the four different active IRA's or people will just get confused

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

You gotta find a way to distinguish between the four different active IRA's or people will just get confused

Are we down to four now? The recession must have hit them hard.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Are we down to four now? The recession must have hit them hard.

Their Murders and Acquisitions sections are booming actually.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I can never remember which IRAs are terrorists and which ones freedom fighters.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

namesake posted:

Their Murders and Acquisitions sections are booming actually.

Murders and Executions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

I can never remember which IRAs are terrorists and which ones freedom fighters.

One man's terrorist...

• Locked thread