Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm glad that Luna at least managed to reforge himself into being able to lay out a decent burn after melting down like the terminator in the slag pit though

gently caress terminator 2 is probably at least a decade older than he is god loving dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I remember having fun with ascension. Now I just get hosed trapped on one of the battle platforms.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Libertine posted:

When I used to play with Keeby like a year ago he basically spent every game calling everything he laned against OP and I'm surprised he didn't die of a rage stroke. Now he's very good at multiple roles and makes calm and smart calls on the map while I'm losing one or more lanes for the team and joins a wonderful pool of goons who regularly carry me - a nearly useless old man - to victory.

Keeby still tilts off the edge and does the first part quite often even if we're winning, it's just his thing. He plays really well though.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Never forget his alter ego: the Keebster!!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what is discord

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

SaffronKit posted:

Keeby still tilts off the edge and does the first part quite often even if we're winning, it's just his thing. He plays really well though.

He does get mad like anyone else but also can get over it really quickly, which is something a lot of goons seem to struggle with. I've been playing with him for a while and yeah, he's improved dramatically. He's good people.

Gibberish, do you still main Jhin? I've been playing the poo poo outta him in ranked and I think I've finally settled on rushing 40% CDR with ER as the rush, not IE. The power spike in IE is significant, but I think the 72 second CD on his ult and grenade spamming is way easier for last hitting and general fighting. Also feels like RFC is the big zeal item winner for the flash + extra range fourth shot. Also, people underestimating that fourth shot in lane low levels has netted me so many kills it's not even funny. CSing is still kind of a pain in the rear end.

Oh, and for you aspiring ADC players and anyone else--ban Lucian. Sounds stupid but the CDR black cleaver build is getting steam and it's insanely strong. Normally I wouldn't see him as a big threat, just an extremely common ADC pick but the build is a bit nuts. He's gonna get nerfs soon but in the meanwhile it's not worth dealing with.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 15, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ascension is weird because actually doing ascension is usually worse than just going Rammus/Shaco/Singed/CDR Zilean and capping all the relics and making both teams mad

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

what is discord

its like slack with voice lobbies.

if you don't know what slack is its like irc but with support for embedding videos and pictures and more text formatting.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Keeby isn't one of the guys in bronze who are always telling plat players what they're doing wrong. Those are they annoying goons.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In all honesty everyone makes mistakes in videogames, its not like bad players are incapable of noticing mistakes. If anything they're better at it because they're looking for someone else to blame.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am absolutely trash at league but I can still watch pro play and see when people make a mistake. I just can't do the same to myself while also playing.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Neurolimal posted:

In all honesty everyone makes mistakes in videogames, its not like bad players are incapable of noticing mistakes. If anything they're better at it because they're looking for someone else to blame.

I don't think bronze players are better at anything, really

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Every time you die in League you should be able to immediately assess why it was your fault and no one else's. If you can't do that, you will find this game extremely frustrating and you will probably treat teammates like a petulant poo poo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Libertine posted:

Every time you die in League you should be able to immediately assess why it was your fault and no one else's. If you can't do that, you will find this game extremely frustrating and you will probably treat teammates like a petulant poo poo.

Generally a good idea, but the nature of focus fire and flash mean someones usually going to get the lions share of deaths, and thats not necessarily a fault of you or your allies.

Many a game was won off of me suicide-initiating as Support Aura Alistar.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Neurolimal posted:

Generally a good idea, but the nature of focus fire and flash mean someones usually going to get the lions share of deaths, and thats not necessarily a fault of you or your allies.

Many a game was won off of me suicide-initiating as Support Aura Alistar.

I mean that's not necessarily contradicting my point. If you suicide initiate you know why you died, and there's totally a place for high-value suicide trading. I'm talking about people who spend all game in chat blaming their allies for their deaths. All your deaths are your deaths, if you can't figure out why you are getting killed you are failing to process the basic information in the game.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I'm a plat player and my mmr is so bad I've been playing with mid-golds. The fact that I can't carry those games proves I'm bad.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I have been playing a lot of Taric, and my worst enemy is an ally that walks up to the enemy, baiting me into thinking he's initiating, and then bailing without making any effort to fight.

I just had two games in a row where my allies kept pussyfooting around enemies we could have just hard engaged upon and destroyed. Taric is not a mobile champion, and when you bait me into getting close then use your gap-closer to escape (i'm looking at you, ekko) it puts me in a really bad position for no reason.

Taric is really, REALLY good at 2v2s. He's not so good at 1v2.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I-I love playing with goons!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

I have been playing a lot of Taric, and my worst enemy is an ally that walks up to the enemy, baiting me into thinking he's initiating, and then bailing without making any effort to fight.

I just had two games in a row where my allies kept pussyfooting around enemies we could have just hard engaged upon and destroyed. Taric is not a mobile champion, and when you bait me into getting close then use your gap-closer to escape (i'm looking at you, ekko) it puts me in a really bad position for no reason.

Taric is really, REALLY good at 2v2s. He's not so good at 1v2.

On the far other end though, nothing sucks more than playing a kiting or stealth hero, harassing the enemy team, then watching an immobile ally die because they thought you were totes gonna try a 2v3.

Doesn't invalidate your experience, just sharing a gripe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NTT posted:

I don't think bronze players are better at anything, really
they're better at usernames

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

diamond player: caster minion, ez been real

bronze player: ADOLFDIDNOTHIN (Clantag: WR0NG)

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Servaetes posted:

Gibberish, do you still main Jhin? I've been playing the poo poo outta him in ranked and I think I've finally settled on rushing 40% CDR with ER as the rush, not IE. The power spike in IE is significant, but I think the 72 second CD on his ult and grenade spamming is way easier for last hitting and general fighting. Also feels like RFC is the big zeal item winner for the flash + extra range fourth shot. Also, people underestimating that fourth shot in lane low levels has netted me so many kills it's not even funny. CSing is still kind of a pain in the rear end.
The Jhin Bible gets updated pretty regularly, probs just read that and assume it's the same as asking them. Committing it to memory and trying to figure out the justifications behind the conclusions as an exercise for me, the reader and boosted scrub, has made a world of difference.

If my analysis is correct, IE is needed to offset the crit damage penalty, which applies not just to 4. If you finish it on time, it will always be better than ER for fighting and objective takes because you only ever hit people with one rotation of spells in a fight, and between fights you have to wait for your ammo to be at the right stage to really trade, which lengthens the timing of and between windows of opportunity such that lower cds aren't as important as damage. Even if you really value cdr, ER only gives 10% until you build more crit chance. I think the only reason you're supposed to build it first while behind is the top-tier efficiency of Caulfield's Warhammer in terms of stats/gold if you have to back without BF money. It builds into ER–if catching up passively is viable–or YG, which od the best item for fighting from behind in items (it's more consistent and better than even IE especially if you're unlucky with crits).

For zeal items, RFC's proc can't crit and shiv's does more and AOE damage. Since hard and slow farming slows rotations, shiv is even better by helping with that. Also shiv has 5% more aspd, so it does a little bit more damage even without procs. During laning phase "at low levels," when flash kill is really good for snowballing the lane, you won't have RFC for it because it's your 3rd item. After laning phase, Flash should probably be saved to stay alive, using it to surprise kill can be punished. By the time you would finish RFC, trading your flash for any summoner spell or kill better be really worth, and even when the opportunity presents itself having an item more likely to secure that kill is probably better than having an item that makes it a few teemos more available.

If any of this is wrong I hope Gibberish comes to set it straight for both of our benefits.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 15, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kashuno posted:

I am absolutely trash at league but I can still watch pro play and see when people make a mistake. I just can't do the same to myself while also playing.

Few people can, that's why it's so valuable to watch your own replays.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's hard to improve in bronze because your enemies don't punish anyone correctly and team work is half hazard and random at best. It's better to just learn how to farm well and to watch a video on how to do flashy stuff with your champion and cram as much damage as you can into a small window. Kill people and *take things* after you kill them. When in doubt about what to take, you can never go wrong with whatever is free.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

NTT posted:

It's hard to improve in bronze because your enemies don't punish anyone correctly and team work is half hazard and random at best. It's better to just learn how to farm well and to watch a video on how to do flashy stuff with your champion and cram as much damage as you can into a small window. Kill people and *take things* after you kill them. When in doubt about what to take, you can never go wrong with whatever is free.

spam ping whatever you're closest to and hope your team comes

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

waiting 30 minutes in queue and then someone on the enemy team dodges after picks and bans are done is some good poo poo

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

slydingdoor posted:

The Jhin Bible gets updated pretty regularly, probs just read that and assume it's the same as asking them. Committing it to memory and trying to figure out the justifications behind the conclusions as an exercise for me, the reader and boosted scrub, has made a world of difference.

If my analysis is correct, IE is needed to offset the crit damage penalty, which applies not just to 4. If you finish it on time, it will always be better than ER for fighting and objective takes because you only ever hit people with one rotation of spells in a fight, and between fights you have to wait for your ammo to be at the right stage to really trade, which lengthens the timing of and between windows of opportunity such that lower cds aren't as important as damage. Even if you really value cdr, ER only gives 10% until you build more crit chance. I think the only reason you're supposed to build it first while behind is the top-tier efficiency of Caulfield's Warhammer in terms of stats/gold if you have to back without BF money. It builds into ER–if catching up passively is viable–or YG, which od the best item for fighting from behind in items (it's more consistent and better than even IE especially if you're unlucky with crits).

For zeal items, RFC's proc can't crit and shiv's does more and AOE damage. Since hard and slow farming slows rotations, shiv is even better by helping with that. Also shiv has 5% more aspd, so it does a little bit more damage even without procs. During laning phase "at low levels," when flash kill is really good for snowballing the lane, you won't have RFC for it because it's your 3rd item. After laning phase, Flash should probably be saved to stay alive, using it to surprise kill can be punished. By the time you would finish RFC, trading your flash for any summoner spell or kill better be really worth, and even when the opportunity presents itself having an item more likely to secure that kill is probably better than having an item that makes it a few teemos more available.

If any of this is wrong I hope Gibberish comes to set it straight for both of our benefits.

I follow that guide because I'm the guy who wrote that guide, and yeah you basically said it all

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Note though that Jhin is in a bad spot right now since the QSS nerf and the meta shifting unfavorably for him. Just take Lucian if you can, or go Black Cleaver --> Ghostblade rush Quinn, which is my new poo poo, but don't tell anyone about it because it's OP as gently caress right now.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jhin... is not good?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Jhin is good and so is AP WARWICK!!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Who is a good starter ADC champ? Its the one role I haven't played at all.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Not in 6.9 at least he's not

Ask any pro ADC, you should just take Lucian now. Lucian has his own damage, his own move speed, his own damage, his own setup; he's the perfect bot laner in this meta.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cabinet posted:

Who is a good starter ADC champ? Its the one role I haven't played at all.

Lucian and Caitlyn are pretty safe picks with solid escapes and decent damage even without hyperfarm.

Honestly though, this patch may be the worst time to learn ADC. You will be eating so much burst and zed ults.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Tired Moritz posted:

Jhin is good and so is AP WARWICK!!

Go on....

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Gibberish posted:

Just take Lucian if you can, or go Black Cleaver --> Ghostblade rush Quinn, which is my new poo poo, but don't tell anyone about it because it's OP as gently caress right now.

I'd rather burn in hell than ride that bullshit Lucian build. gently caress him. Quinn I dunno. I've been taking Graves bot and just taking his toplane build botlane and doing surprisingly well. After seeing Verv survive fights he has had no loving right to survive with the stupid as hell sustain he gets it's been fun to play it.

I won't kiss your rear end for your guide as it was like literally the first one submitted but I would agree that Jhin is in a bad spot, diving champs are overwhelmingly strong and artman is not good with blowing them up, even with super last whisper. Also it's incredibly easy to dive him. Nevertheless, looking at probuilds, just about everyone rushes ER. The mana return, the CDR are all very valuable in lane. I know the IEdge improves his crit damage which is penalized but again, I think the clunkiness of the individual components of iedge aren't as useful as ER in lane. All the same, he does need both of them endgame. Still not sure about Ionians but I do like being CDR capped.

slydingdoor posted:

During laning phase "at low levels," when flash kill is really good for snowballing the lane, you won't have RFC for it because it's your 3rd item. After laning phase, Flash should probably be saved to stay alive, using it to surprise kill can be punished. By the time you would finish RFC, trading your flash for any summoner spell or kill better be really worth, and even when the opportunity presents itself having an item more likely to secure that kill is probably better than having an item that makes it a few teemos more available.

I'm talkin like level 3 with regards to the flash when I mean low levels, but yeah, the flash autos with RFC later on are to secure critical kills on champs that are definitely out of range due to either good frontlines or what have you. Typically you shouldn't have to get that desperate but when a fight teeters on their caitlyn pelting your entire team and you needing to get past the Gragas and Maokai to finally put her out it's big.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ristolaz posted:

Go on....

Runic Echoes > Morello >Nashor tooth/Wits end > Ice born > ZZportal/tanky ap items are good and it lets you burst down champs like Lux before she can murder your rear end

I definitely think it's more fun than standard Warwick anyway.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Magewick is really funny atm since hexdash means you can pull off even more absurd outta-nowhere ganks. He's also pretty much the only hero that benefits from Nu Rageblade so that's a cool build too. Basically play wolfman.

Also get hextech dash on everyone. I dash crit-killed a Syndra as Trynd and I got Pushstick Skelly King chills.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
As an adc main, here are my bot lame picks:

Lucian Tier: Lucian
Good, safe tier: Ezreal, Caitlyn
Strong, but situational tier: Draven, Jhin, Twitch
I Don't Feel Like Laning Tier: Sivir

Vayne and Tristana work but are bullied hilariously badly by Dirk Lucian and should never be blind picked

Tldr Lucian is an incredible outlier right now and should be first picked every game. He flexes mid too, which is even better. Ezreal competes in damage but loses to Lucian. Caitlyn does no damage mid game but outpaces Lucian/Ezreal after you finish your IE/Hurricane/PD core.

Twitch is currently at a 55% win rate, and is definitely the closest to Lucian in overall power. Blucian falls off late game.

Jhin is still excellent, but should be drafted late into teams that don't have good tools for dealing with him. In particular picking him into Alistar is probably your best matchup.

Draven is the same way; pick him into Not Lucian and aggressively look for kills after you farm Dirk and 150 adoration. He still has good kill pressure on everyone, but struggles against nami/Braum badly.

Caitlyn is easy to play and strong in lane. You hit a power trough mid game while Blucian is rampaging, so just hang out and take towers until you get 80% crit, at which point you go back to being Late Game ADScary.

Just push with W as Sivir and always have a 15% hp advantage from chip damage. You follow Cait's IE/zeal/PD, but you swap hurricane for shiv. She does no ability damage really, so the extra burst is important.

RFC is trash because it gives no attack speed.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Also, please buy ER on Jhin. He is, despite appearances, a utility Carry. You set up picks with W and R, and provide good flank support and kite backwards with smart E placement. You want the mana and CDR to always have W/R ready to go to catch someone out of position.

By the way the QSS changes were negligible. If the take Zed, just run exhaust. Most ADCs will have no problem being around him with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NTT posted:

RFC is trash because it gives no attack speed.

It can be pretty funny in normal games on Trist or Cait though, because the enemy doesn't expect you to suddenly land a spooky half-lane range crit on them

• Locked thread