Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The enemy can see the traps pretty well, but with a patch in the next week or so they're changing it so they're mostly invisible. All the enemy will get is a red circle.

Often times people will actually walk into them intentionally when they can be relatively sure they won't be attacked or that their team can counter-kill anyone who attacks, just to clear them out so they don't hamper a more important team fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Hence you're recommended to plant them under whenever they can't escape or survive - from Artemis' own kit that would be Tusky stun if you're quick enough. Then pop the steroid and melt them.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

MagicAlex posted:

So I'm a filthy casual who just started picking this game up after it came out on PS4. Prior to this the only MOBAs I've had experience with were LoL and Awesomenauts (and part of the DOTA2 tutorial). I definitely prefer having direct control over my own character rather than using RTS controls to move a single unit. Is it worth it or even viable to join the Goon clan if I'm only playing for an hour or two at night? Playing with pubbies hasn't been too bad, but as with any online game there are definitely some who take it way too seriously and there are just as many if not more who didn't bother to play the tutorial or watch any of the instructional videos. I'm not great at this but I'm at least starting to feel like I know what I'm doing.

Also, a quick question. When I play as Artemis I'm never sure if the other team can see the traps. Like, sometimes it feels as though they don't know they're there, but many times they seem to be avoiding them. I want to use them effectively but I'm not great a placing them where people are running, so I just sort of litter the area with them and hope someone gets careless.

Clans aren't available on consoles yet, they said next patch but they've delayed them a few times already.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Wow bad weekend for FP. I got two games right.

These loving roster changes and role swaps :psyduck:

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

beaner69 posted:

Clans aren't available on consoles yet, they said next patch but they've delayed them a few times already.

Oh, I started playing the PC version. Guess I left that out when I revised my post.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

MagicAlex posted:

Oh, I started playing the PC version. Guess I left that out when I revised my post.

TBH the goons in the clan mostly solo or sometimes duo queue. It's impossible for us to get a 5-man that will find good fair (FUN) balanced games because the elo distribution is too wide. And also people have their specific tastes in modes (some people only play assault, some people never want conquest, some people hate siege/arena, etc).

You can join us to try to get some groups going, but if you're not level 30 yet it's going to be rough because matchmaking is poo poo.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I'm new to SMITE (and MOBAs in general) and I've been watching the SPL games and was wondering something. It seems like Khepri gets banned a lot and I'm curious why. Is he broken or something?

I don't ever see him played casually, so I'm wondering what's up.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Quasipox posted:

So I'm new to SMITE (and MOBAs in general) and I've been watching the SPL games and was wondering something. It seems like Khepri gets banned a lot and I'm curious why. Is he broken or something?

He's considered the top support right now with his root, pluck, and rez. He's not necessarily broken, but he can be very hard to deal with and most teams at this point I think are just like "nah".

There's always some god or another in that spot at any given time.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Quasipox posted:

Coordinated teams will shot call targets, and they'll get the kill secured through all the enemy beads, cc immunities, aegis, ults, etc.

Khepri's rez adds another hurdle teams have to go through, which if you're still chasing that target after being rezzed, you're probably 2 towers deep with nothing left in your kit so it's not worth it anymore. And to make it worse, you probably blew a bunch of ults trying to kill them.

He's not as effective casually because the same level of communication isn't there. If anything, it's the opposite - you get yelled at for not rezzing someone when there was no prior communication about it (ie-someone dives a tower when someone else is getting Loki'ed - who do you rez?)

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I just started playing this game and I am enjoying loving people up as Ah Muzen Cab in Arena. Normally I hate MOBA poo poo but Arena is fun and this game doesn't port over so many stupid legacy mechanics from WC3 (Point-click movement? Seriously? gently caress that poo poo), so it's good in my book so far. Also the presence of auto-buy and auto-level is a goddamn god-send, pun intended.

So I've ready some guides for BEES! God online but most seem pretty out of date, is there anything I should know to help me gently caress up dudes even more? Most of the guides say he is not so good anymore since so many new gods have so much CC and he has no escape ability.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
He's not so good in conquest which is the moba moba mode, he's extremely good in the other gamemodes though.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Rhjamiz posted:

is there anything I should know to help me gently caress up dudes even more? Most of the guides say he is not so good anymore since so many new gods have so much CC and he has no escape ability.

That's pretty much all you need to know. In casual Arena games, he can do fine; but against a semi-competent or coordinated teams that want to shut you down, they will.

If you successfully do too well with him in Arena, you will eventually hit an elo bracket where you'll have a hard time. People are going to notice you and they'll know to shut you down. Those games are not fun - the ones where everyone focuses you all the time and there's nothing you can do about it (unless you're duo/trio queuing or something).

My tips: place hives everywhere. The common places are behind the pillars in the center, but don't forget you can hide them behind walls in your base, or around the buff camps. If you find people keep destroying them, place them randomly everywhere - it forces the enemy team to keep watching out and clearing them. I even like to drop them off to their peripheral when I'm boxing someone, because it's a mind game that makes them shift focus.

Don't save your stinger to last hit someone - use it when they're just above being one-shotted; it cripples the target so if someone gets nailed with a sliver of health left, they'll panic and mash their escape.

Also since it's Arena, gimmick builds are fun. Wait for 3.8 patch and if Wind Demon is getting the passive it's supposed to be geting:
Fatalis, Wind Demon, Asi, Titan's Bane/Brawler's/Jotunn's (depends on who you're against), Rage/Death Bringer/Malice

(For reference, new Wind Demon passive in 3.8 patch:)

quote:

New Passive – Your Critical Hits increase your attack speed and movement speed for 20% for 5s.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
So Susan seems fairly strong so far in Arena.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Susano and Blood Forge are going into live client as-is?

This really is the "SORRY, JUNGLERS!" patch.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Susano is really quite fun, i've not got a build i'm overly keen with yet, but even building experimental builds i'm still doing well with him.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zain posted:

So Susan seems fairly strong so far in Arena.

ya tried him out, won my match, got a 7 kill streak with a pubbie team, all the dashing man. He's more like a Kurosawa samurai to Amaterasu's banzai charge. Susano gets like 2 frickin dashes, a lot of mobility gods lately~

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I mean I saw the patch notes, and the intent was that Susano isn't supposed to 100-0 someone. But his scaling numbers are completely out of whack - I don't see how he can't 100-0 someone. A dash, a teleport, a passive that gives movement speed, a grab, a knockup, scaling/damage on par with Thor. Finally, a god that can counter low mobility gods :thumbsup:

I caught a little bit of Wolfy's stream last night where he started talking about the latest patch. Apparently people are ALREADY crying about speed buff coming back? :bang:

His argument was why are people crying about the yellow buff when there's already an absurd amount of movement in the game (not just all the dashes/leaps, not just the fact that Sprint is available to everyone at level 1, but also the fact that +%movement is on so many items that don't need it - like Winged Blade).

And aftering seeing Susano getting in without any changes from the PTS, he said (I quote, "god bless!") that nothing surprises him anymore; then went on a tirade about why HiRez didn't release Khepri with his ult being a global rez.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

As much as I do love SMITE the design is starting to get bonkers.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
A G I L I T Y C R E W
G
I
L
I
T
Y
C
R
E
W

gotta go fast :thumbsup:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Susano is ridiculously fun and i'm coming back from matches where i'll get 30 kills to something like 4 deaths (arena/clash). Once he gets going he loving goes. I don't usually 100- 0 people but i'll nuke half their health and be out before they realise, or i'll catch them as they're running and finish them off.

Honestly if he stays like this he'll be in my fave gods list for a while.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

dogstile posted:

Susano is ridiculously fun and i'm coming back from matches where i'll get 30 kills to something like 4 deaths (arena/clash). Once he gets going he loving goes. I don't usually 100- 0 people but i'll nuke half their health and be out before they realise, or i'll catch them as they're running and finish them off.

Honestly if he stays like this he'll be in my fave gods list for a while.

So you're saying he's like the inverse of ao kuang?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Pretty much, I only ever use Ao to catch people out of position. I use Susano to pull people out of position.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

"Underworld" event is over, but another one might be coming up soon:

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/730513880485494784

Smite forums are now snow themed: http://forums.smitegame.com/ (last time the forums changed themes it was for Underworld event).

So more Norse/snow skins coming up?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

What the hell... I swear I keep getting matched with worse and worse teams as I play arena. I don't know if it has an ELO or anything, but I get people who are like "gods with CC or a tank? What's that? We need more squishies~!"

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Anyone who didn't catch the NME vs. LG game, it was pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziOrYW8UvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BqogHivaMQ

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How long do I have to suffer Susano melting me with his overpowered skills and insane damage scaling?

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Jimbot posted:

How long do I have to suffer Susano melting me with his overpowered skills and insane damage scaling?

As long as you decline to play Nox and blow his silent, immobile poo poo up as soon as he appears

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
I'm currently drunking my way down in ELO in hopes that I might actually be able to enjoy this cash farm piece of poo poo game once again.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pimp Drakula posted:

As long as you decline to play Nox and blow his silent, immobile poo poo up as soon as he appears

have to force beads on him first tho :suicide:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Play Nox, Odin, Ares...or wait until another god is released that makes him look weak in comparison.

Everyone remember when Serqet was OP? :smith:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Playing against Susano is great because all of them are used to people not playing gods with cripple. My regular group have taken to rolling Ares/Rama/Nox/Thanatos/Nu Wa recently. Loads of grabs/silences. He can't bead us all!

It being a solid arena comp regardless of Susano helps too, of course.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

HiRez feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hF9nokXTwn2Qs-N4vjGm6qnD5MlsqBfKH1DTBq6dnU8/viewform?c=0&w=1

Reddit tier list form: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/4j10tz/official_rsmite_tier_list_submission_thread_v38/

:eng99:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Maybe Hi-Rez will finally listen to me about reverting Runeforged Hammer! :saddowns:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Hmmm trying to find a way to fit wind demon into my builds now. It's really good just need to figure it out.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

cyclonic posted:

Also since it's Arena, gimmick builds are fun. Wait for 3.8 patch and if Wind Demon is getting the passive it's supposed to be geting:
Fatalis, Wind Demon, Asi, Titan's Bane/Brawler's/Jotunn's (depends on who you're against), Rage/Death Bringer/Malice

(For reference, new Wind Demon passive in 3.8 patch:)

Thanks for letting me know about Wind Demon, it's pretty awesome.

I squeezed in the Wind Demon into my build and changed out some things so it looks like this now: Warrior Tabi, Ichvail, Soul Eater, Wind Doom, Malice, Deathbringer. Used to be Asi and Titan's Bane in the middle (whatever the axe was). Churns out crits like no tomorrow it overwhelms most God's damage mitigation. I'm pretty comfortable 1v1ing any god in Arena save for well-built Assassins, since even my life-steal and Crit damage can't outpace their sheet power. Warriors, Guardians, Hunters? I eat 'em. Mages die to crits super fast, also.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Goons won an Arena game against Gandhi and Oceans:

http://smite.guru/match/hr/249687494

:getin:

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
Is that an Arena match? Did Oceans build the Crusher? Doesn't that only do objective damage?

I am confused...

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Knee posted:

Is that an Arena match? Did Oceans build the Crusher? Doesn't that only do objective damage?

I am confused...

It's still pretty good on assassins if you're trying to cap physical pen even disregarding the passive.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Last item in Arena - why not :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

When you are down 5 to 25 before the 10 minute mark don't hit "No" when the surrender prompt comes up. Don't be that jerk who wastes everyone's time. However good you may be if the teamwork isn't there, you aren't going to turn things around. Double so if you hit "No' on the second prompt to surrender and those numbers only doubled since then.

On an unrelated subject: When solo laning as Amaterasu, which starter item do you folks typically get? Or do you skip the starter item and start towards one of your core items? I've mainly played Clash because Clash is like Conquest but good and fun and doesn't last forever. But since a friend started playing again we've been playing Conquest and my solo lane game is worse than it used to be (which was bad to begin with).

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 15, 2016

• Locked thread