Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
many things suck, and many things are hecka fun

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I agree

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

NTT posted:

RFC is trash because it gives no attack speed.

and yes, Jhin basically is a mage that pretends to be an ADC so CDR is extremely Good on him. casting spells is good for him, and in more frequency, especially clutch spaghetti shots.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 15, 2016

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Compared to PD, Runaans, Shiv, RFC has the least stats and the weakest proc. That means it's worse.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it used to so good too. Rip, you were too good to last.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

K8.0 posted:

Compared to PD, Runaans, Shiv, RFC has the least stats and the weakest proc. That means it's worse.

On a character that does massively increased damage on a single auto attack and can only fire four times extra range means it is a good on him. Much to my astonishment it may not be as good on characters that do not have that limitation!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Shiv for Waveclear is way better on Jhin

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's good to me that you can make a case for almost all the zeal items on every adc

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Thresh and Jihn, revolver/sheen/firecannon/statik shiv, no random items, final destination

Tired Moritz posted:

it used to so good too. Rip, you were too good to last.

I remember when the ADC first came out I was like holy poo poo this is awesome, they made cool ranged items and now all the ADC's actually feel different

little did I know that this was all a ruse for the nerfening.....

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

I won't kiss your rear end for your guide as it was like literally the first one submitted but I would agree that Jhin is in a bad spot, diving champs are overwhelmingly strong and artman is not good with blowing them up, even with super last whisper. Also it's incredibly easy to dive him. Nevertheless, looking at probuilds, just about everyone rushes ER. The mana return, the CDR are all very valuable in lane. I know the IEdge improves his crit damage which is penalized but again, I think the clunkiness of the individual components of iedge aren't as useful as ER in lane. All the same, he does need both of them endgame. Still not sure about Ionians but I do like being CDR capped.

Honeslty if I'm behind or have a lovely back, I go ER, if I'm ahead I go IE. I don't see the need for CDR on Jhin's first item, ideally.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
serv is right about what The item does As a High Point for him. However, the times when the Proc will wind up with your fourth shot which will line up with a low health squishy enemy is frankly not very common, and when you are not using it for this niche use, you are getting a very underwhelming single Target chunk of magic damage which is almost useless for everything else. Personally I do not think it's a very good trade and would much rather have a reliable waveclear or skirmish tool.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

NTT posted:

serv is right about what The item does As a High Point for him. However, the times when the Proc will wind up with your fourth shot which will line up with a low health squishy enemy is frankly not very common, and when you are not using it for this niche use, you are getting a very underwhelming single Target chunk of magic damage which is almost useless for everything else. Personally I do not think it's a very good trade and would much rather have a reliable waveclear or skirmish tool.

Yeah, I used to buy cannon a lot, but Shiv has given me far better results far more consistently.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
how many times do you have to lose a series to get the free win?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
once

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Chumppell posted:

Yeah, I used to buy cannon a lot, but Shiv has given me far better results far more consistently.

Well of us all Chumppell is the best Jhin player, so I must abide by his suggestion

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Try going from Gold 1 promos to gold 5 before you start winning again

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
The thing about Jhin is that he spikes with items harder than any other ADC and immediately after he buys his item, his power starts to go down again, so you really really really want to min/max his potential damage so that when you face the enemy team you're using all your possible power. That's why I still think Berserker's Greaves have their place on him, and Shiv is better than RFC.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Servaetes posted:

Well of us all Chumppell is the best Jhin player, so I must abide by his suggestion

Lol

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
But basically unless you play Lucian or Ezreal you're probably having a not fun time if you're an ADC player

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

My heart hurts.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ezreal is the best champion in league of legends, the little yellow feather is good.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Methanar posted:

My heart hurts.

glad you got to play ahri into a player worse than you this time

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
same

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Verv Approved™ ✔

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
caitlyn is by far the most powerful adc in this patch imho

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my hot take for the day: black cleaver rush did not seem too good on ezreal

not that i tried it, i just had so much more damage dealt that he did as maokai that i assume it would have to be pretty bad. especially when your tear isn't fully stacked at 30 minutes.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Completely off topic but I gotta say, I love raging streamers

I feed off of their seething anger

wingsofdeath, Shaclone, tyler1, Gross Gore, hashinshin... probably the best stuff on twitch. I just saw Shaclone go 2-15 in a game and still blame his team.

Nothing gets me more amped than seeing people's temple veins bulge and their nostrils flair

It makes me feel so great that I'm not one of those people, I find myself cackling in glee watching them rage and feed even harder

Anyways thanks for reading about how I feel about streamers :wedass:

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Completely off topic but I gotta say, I love raging streamers

I feed off of their seething anger

wingsofdeath, Shaclone, tyler1, Gross Gore, hashinshin... probably the best stuff on twitch. I just saw Shaclone go 2-15 in a game and still blame his team.

Nothing gets me more amped than seeing people's temple veins bulge and their nostrils flair

It makes me feel so great that I'm not one of those people, I find myself cackling in glee watching them rage and feed even harder

Anyways thanks for reading about how I feel about streamers :wedass:

Same but also for in-game spectating. I'm petty and it's great.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i watch hashinshin some times. i like it when he goes on weird rants about historical stuff. i've learned a lot about genghis khan, the ottoman empire and why it's always your jungler's fault if you lose

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

gently caress terminator 2 is probably at least a decade older than he is god loving dammit

its actually 6 years and 6 days older than i am

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Methanar posted:

M A L Z A H A R
lol just read on reddit that "im 16 years old" and "babydoll" are getting paid boosted by someone

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
we lost that game

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
And by we I mean Caster Minion, the goon Mid Lane Main, who was solo killed repeatedly by their midlaner

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Going to be really disappointed if TheHemoGoblin doesn't play a lot of Vlad

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/5738f791b50c0a9d4c/lucian-video?from=user

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
The spaghetti infection jumps from one champ whose name starts in Fi to another.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NTT posted:

we lost that game
Yeah Lu Le is allegedly a Korean booster who's only lost like 6 games on their way to Diamond 1.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah Lu Le is allegedly a Korean booster who's only lost like 6 games on their way to Diamond 1.

I wish he would boost me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Methanar posted:

I wish he would boost me.

No need, you're already boosted

• Locked thread