Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, I generally just use it when talking about trans issues like the current bathroom debate, which I get pulled into a lot since I work at a Target.

My condolences - it's totally not fair that your stores have been the whipping boys for a decent policy that pretty much every major retailer shares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Hermetic posted:

T.R.A.N.S. crusaders!
Working overtime!
Fighting crime!
Fighting crime!
:five:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, I generally just use it when talking about trans issues like the current bathroom debate, which I get pulled into a lot since I work at a Target.
I'm sure you have the number to corporate public relations memorized by now. Any kind of craziness happened at your store besides the guy who threatened Target a few weeks ago?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Nah, just one person threatening that we'd lose the hundreds of dollars(his words, not mine) he spends here when I told him that even if I agreed with him I couldn't do anything since it's corporate policy. I think we're missing the brunt of it since it's Denny Hastert's hometown and it's hard to call trans people the real threat with what's been going on with him unless you have your head super far up your rear end.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Nah, just one person threatening that we'd lose the hundreds of dollars(his words, not mine) he spends here when I told him that even if I agreed with him I couldn't do anything since it's corporate policy. I think we're missing the brunt of it since it's Denny Hastert's hometown and it's hard to call trans people the real threat with what's been going on with him unless you have your head super far up your rear end.

Yeah but unless you spend most of your day looking at your own colon you're not giving two shits about where someone's taking their shits.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXozlHH_2gU

First off.

Can we please stop acting like Glenn Beck is a historian? I know no one here does, but his understanding of american history is so corrupt and wrong it's laughable.

Glenn, The founder's would all loving hate your rear end. Also I'm getting really tired of you insulting Teddy Roosevelt.* Go to hell.

Second off.

By all means Glenn? Feel free to create some sort of bizarre Ayn Rand/Freedom USA-Town in a place like South America or some other place like that. That's not insane or anything.

*If there's criticism of Rosevelt being racist like pretty much every president before and after him? By all means, criticize him. But that's not what Beck cares about.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If he wants to start his own town in South America, I hear there's a good location in northern Guyana.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

You'd think he could afford a taller chair

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

First off.

Can we please stop acting like Glenn Beck is a historian? I know no one here does, but his understanding of american history is so corrupt and wrong it's laughable.

Glenn, The founder's would all loving hate your rear end. Also I'm getting really tired of you insulting Teddy Roosevelt.* Go to hell.

Second off.

By all means Glenn? Feel free to create some sort of bizarre Ayn Rand/Freedom USA-Town in a place like South America or some other place like that. That's not insane or anything.

*If there's criticism of Rosevelt being racist like pretty much every president before and after him? By all means, criticize him. But that's not what Beck cares about.

He hates Teddy because he started the progressive movement.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

Is he still pushing for that poo poo? Beck buddy, if it didn't get off the ground when you still had crazy amounts of followers it sure as shut isn't now that you're spiraling insanely into irrelevance

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Oh, man, there were some beyootiful threads back then about Libertopia, Seasteading, etc. and some grade-A fiction about same.

Any goons have links to those gems?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
He finally has a good comparison with what he and his ilk are like. The pilgrims "fled" places that just wouldn't only cater to them and so therefore went to America to found a colony where only they would matter.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Fox News Sunday was pretty great this morning and got even better when Obama's new policy for schools was brought up on the panel. Brit Hume looked like he was about to punch someone, it was beautiful. I highly recommend watching the VOD when it's available. I'll post it if I find it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So this happened

http://associatedmediacoverage.com/transgender-woman-shot-to-death-in-department-store-restroom/

Sadly, this can be spun by RWM as "Concerned citizen uses their 2nd amendment rights to defend innocents from a dangerous pervert" rather than "bigoted woman creates a confrontation that didn't need to happen where she gets to shoot an unarmed person that is of the current group that she is afraid of".

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

I don't think it did..

http://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/1055363-transgender-woman-hoax.html

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The comments sure did, though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chilichimp posted:

He hates Teddy because he started the progressive movement.

so he hates him for all the wrong reasons. of couse he does.

this. if it had happend, i would have seen it on other sites by now. hell even the regular news.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is he still pushing for that poo poo? Beck buddy, if it didn't get off the ground when you still had crazy amounts of followers it sure as shut isn't now that you're spiraling insanely into irrelevance

i like how all his followers(audiance members) have the crazy eyes.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

FuzzySkinner posted:

First off.

Second off.

The Pilgrims landed in the vast wilderness of existing European colonies, American Indian towns and American Indian confederacies. Truly the hardest lot.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

For the record, transgender women frequently get assaulted when using men's bathrooms. Which is ironic as conservatives are trying to force them to use men's bathrooms to prevent children from getting molested by them, which never happens. I guess it's more idiotic than ironic.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

beatlegs posted:

For the record, transgender women frequently get assaulted when using men's bathrooms. Which is ironic as conservatives are trying to force them to use men's bathrooms to prevent children from getting molested by them, which never happens. I guess it's more idiotic than ironic.

It's only stupid if your goal is to prevent molestations and to maximize the safety of all involved. In this case, transgender people being assaulted and harassed is the feature to them, not a bug. They do not actually give a poo poo about the hypothetical molestations (if they did, they'd ban Republican congressmen from all restrooms).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Didn't see it on snopes, and its not embellished enough to seem like STDH.

But I'd not be surprised to see this get reported somewhere more mainstream, if you can call Breibart mainstream. It's kind of a perfect storm.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Holy gently caress, what a crass, ghoulish thing to say

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

oh. oh, how edgy. gosh.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Holy gently caress, what a crass, ghoulish thing to say
Careful, whenever someone reacts to Milo like that he becomes more powerful.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
You know, it may be lovely of me to say, but I can't wait until the far-right stops having any use for that lovely little troglodyte.

His reaction once they turn on him will be HILARIOUS.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

When the gently caress did he get his check mark back

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Epic High Five posted:

When Twitter decided to reward bad behavior, I would guess.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

It's an old tweet from back before Twitter did anything about his crazy-rear end behavior.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Didn't he do something to give himself a fake one?

Oh, right, he gave himself an X

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

*naaaailed it*

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Oh wow I cut myself. Unless Milo starts calling for violence in which case you can request his Visa be pulled and refer him to British security services. Ignore him.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

beatlegs posted:

I think it's more a simple matter of people thinking that our safety doesn't really matter (cf the comments on that article)

[edit: what Dirk said actually. For the religious right who are pushing this hard, the logic is that this is a lifestyle choice and in fact the harbinger of the end times. If they make being trans more dangerous and difficult, then apparently more of us will repent and stop behaving so sinfully]

DeathMuffin fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 15, 2016

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. if it had happend, i would have seen it on other sites by now. hell even the regular news.

On other sites, sure, but I'm way too used to mainstream news ignoring murdered trans people to give them the benefit of that.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So Target got this today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJDMtDLPxM&ebc=ANyPxKqy5fKoGKrGad14B8ZMYUEDVg0OQE5raz-AxA-2QOdI9Uc1aHGi9dNvMxpx6XU3WLaF2wqH

quote:

A mother who was apparently angered over Target’s vow to allow transgender customers to use bathrooms and fitting rooms that correspond to their gender identity went marching through a store while waving a Bible. A video of the woman’s loud protest was posted to YouTube. The woman was not named but appears to have her family in tow.

“Attention Target customers,” she yelled. “Do not be deceived, Target would have you believe with their Mother’s Day displays that they love mothers and children. This is a deception. This is not love, and they’ve proven it by opening their bathrooms to perverted men. I’m a mother of 12 and I’m very disgusted by this wicked practice.”

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Where can I buy a holy bible that says HOLY BIBLE on the front cover?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

djw175 posted:

On other sites, sure, but I'm way too used to mainstream news ignoring murdered trans people to give them the benefit of that.

maybe but some nut shooting up a bathroom in a crowed target might epcialy if their was a body count would make the news.

the mother looks like my gf least from behind. mostly the hair style/length. she also comes from a very religious background too (Mennonite) but doesnt believe any of this weird poo poo. other then that also that bible looks tacky. I expect this is gonna be what most of the protests are now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/arthurcschaper/status/731920356739559425

https://twitter.com/neuromaria/status/730795805213220864

https://twitter.com/angelasedlacek/status/730789399844151296

https://twitter.com/dchomos/status/726091719096279041

https://twitter.com/newarkadvocate/status/725509912042831872

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Those are going to be twelve very screwed up kids.

These protests are the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Where can I buy a holy bible that says HOLY BIBLE on the front cover?

Pretty much anywhere? When I worked in a bookstore the majority of the bibles had HOLY BIBLE on the front (though usually in much smaller characters than that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
The first thing I thought when I saw the "HOLY BIBLE" with huge'rear end letters is "Wow, this is a woman who wants us to see her praying in public."