Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Despera posted:

Yes well perhaps you didnt have friends outside of GSF who would constantly ask you "whats the deal with the mittens latest retarded stunt?" or occasionally glance at reddit and not have to read a thread by the same name.

Wait WAIT are you saying you left because you were actually *embarrassed*?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
No just annoyed.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I'm glad you admit people making GBS threads on about Mittens is incredibly annoying, does this mean you will stop now?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Thatim posted:

Does that matter?
does anything matter? a rose is so beautiful but lined with thorns~~~ ahhh, life

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Vando posted:

I'm glad you admit people making GBS threads on about Mittens is incredibly annoying, does this mean you will stop now?

When he stops doing stuff that is worthy of being poo poo on, sure.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Despera posted:

When he stops doing stuff that is worthy of being poo poo on, sure.

Read that post again son.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

retard narrative pushing

TEST destroyed their alliance because of this. Get hosed idiot.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not stamping on TESTs fingers as they held on to the edge of the abyss in lowsec was probably as much of a mistake as letting PL bropact out of B-R

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 16, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

vyst posted:

TEST destroyed their alliance because of this. Get hosed idiot.

Test is dead? poo poo someone should have told me.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Vando posted:

Read that post again son.

If you find it incredibly annoying why would I stop?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

In game allies for in game goals are fine. What I mean is a space empire that exists to hoard page viewers, ad clickers and stream watchers. To the point where the game itself gets to take a back seat.

I saw it more as, "We like playing Internet Spaceships together, maybe we can dominate other games too," kind of thing. I don't exactly feel used or abused by a group of people who work lots of hours to make my occasional play more enjoyable. The laughable amount of revenue a few people pick up on the side doesn't really bother me either. It's not like I'm paying into it or anything.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Despera posted:

Sorry Bernie. Sooner or later Larry and Richard are going to have to stop holding you up.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
poo poo vyst where on the doll did TEST touch you?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

GSF has always been what you choose to make of it.

I like you Syndic, but I definitely don't agree there.

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

As for me I found a group of chill people (Old SV, Hole Squad, then Hole Violence) who did poo poo I wanted to do in EVE and hung with them, gently caress the narrative. GSF let me do that with minimal/no expense to myself.

Minimal expense, sure, but there was definitely no truth to the "yeah, you can do wormholes if you want, we don't care" business. They definitely cared that we weren't under the GSF banner, so it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns, let's be honest here.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Syndic Thrass posted:

GSF has always been what you choose to make of it.

https://youtu.be/BvUS2F-IPjI?t=20s

Like to see homos naked that's cool.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

RhoA posted:

I like you Syndic, but I definitely don't agree there

well you're stupid and he means goonfleetwaffe, you arent beholden to do a god drat thing except what you want, you get steered to "hey go do things we want you to do" but nobody is purging you for not toeing the line

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

RhoA posted:

I like you Syndic, but I definitely don't agree there.

Minimal expense, sure, but there was definitely no truth to the "yeah, you can do wormholes if you want, we don't care" business. They definitely cared that we weren't under the GSF banner, so it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns, let's be honest here.

Hole squad had pretty lax activity requirements iirc.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wait except darius, darius purged for not toeing the line lmbo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

No they died before you jumped ship out of convenience. They just are trying again.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wait except darius, darius purged for not toeing the line lmbo

Lmao if you're not a true goon

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

https://youtu.be/BvUS2F-IPjI?t=20s

Like to see homos naked that's cool.

Andupor you suck poo poo, If you'd read like 10 posts back you would have seen I'd already done that one.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

vyst posted:

No they died before you jumped ship out of convenience. They just are trying again.

TEST like gsf has changedover 4 years. Even they hate what they were back in Fountain.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

well you're stupid and he means goonfleetwaffe, you arent beholden to do a god drat thing except what you want, you get steered to "hey go do things we want you to do" but nobody is purging you for not toeing the line

Well considering he's an Amokian, I didn't want to assume he meant goonfleetwaffe. Hell, he could have meant GoonFieet by what you're saying! :stonk:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I know it was many pages ago but evilweasel, CZ won't be able to get the IP of the person commenting on disqus without a lot of effort unless they get like 0 traffic. Disqus is like a third party plugin, requests to and from it won't hit their site at all. All they could get is IPs of people who loaded that article at roughly the time the comment was made.

Seems more likely DJ made a sarcastic comment akin to TV psychic bullshit. Scooter just found a link and thus contact was made. The audience gasps and DJ says something like 'I sense you were once close to your 64 year old mother who now, apparently, lives in a different city to you, but are no longer'. At this point scooter breaks down in tears and says 'yes Mr JOHNSON I fell out of her when I was very young and since moved to a different part of the country, we talk often but geographically, we are no longer close indeed.'

The audience applauds.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello i already answered your post preemptively please go back through my hundreds of posts and find it

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vando posted:

I'm actually interested in what the dname crew are actually proposing that GSF+co should do. Like you want us to not be in Saranen and shooting mans wherever possible because that means... what? Unless the point is you want someone here to say "yes good point holy poo poo my eyes are opened we cannot live in Dek it is time to honorably disband the alliance" because I have some bad news if that's your goal.

Don't bother trying to understand what they want. They simply want to be smug for as long as they can. CFC/Imperium members had the last 6 plus years to be smug, so the d name crew (including a X and UP name). Now that these players are part of the :airquote: winnnig :airquote alliance, they are furiously masturbating while they can.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jiggerypokery posted:

I know it was many pages ago but evilweasel, CZ won't be able to get the IP of the person commenting on disqus without a lot of effort unless they get like 0 traffic. Disqus is like a third party plugin, requests to and from it won't hit their site at all. All they could get is IPs of people who loaded that article at roughly the time the comment was made.

Seems more likely DJ made a sarcastic comment akin to TV psychic bullshit. Scooter just found a link and thus contact was made. The audience gasps and DJ says something like 'I sense you were once close to your 64 year old mother who now, apparently, lives in a different city to you, but are no longer'. At this point scooter breaks down in tears and says 'yes Mr JOHNSON I fell out of her when I was very young and since moved to a different part of the country, we talk often but geographically, we are no longer close indeed.'

The audience applauds.

disqus mod panel gives you ips of commenters, look at the images on here:

https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466238-moderating-your-community

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
As a newbee line member, I went on 3rd stratop ever this weekend.

We formed up just before downtime, headed out to syndicate to do something secret. When the server came back up we met up with razor/init in m-d.
Ours was a cane fleet, I think razor was mainly sleips and svipuls. I was in a FYF maalus. In all we had around 150 people. Then our scouts reported enemy gang on the other side. A dashboard link came in with 200 people on the other side. Then 350. I was pretty nervous because all I know about machariels is they're big damage ships and there were upwards of 65 of them. Then theres 400+ in the neighboring system. Jackdaws cerbs, and a shitton of rifters.

Nobody did anything for about 10 minutes. Then the enemy frigates jumped through followed by a bunch of cruisers and a lot of them got popped or jumped back through. I even got to shoot what I think was you zephyrine. So far so good. Enemies dying, but local kept spiking up, especially when our scout reported machs jumping through. We were already aligned away, and after a flurry of of shots our FC disengaged. I think razor sleips were a juicer target and they took the brunt of the machariel fire, but the machariels jumped back through the gate pretty quick. Then the standoff resumed. We got back on grid, formed up fleet with the razor guys. I guess the call for reinforcements had gone out, because apparently bombers started hitting them on the other side, and they were forced to jump through to us, where we picked off some more.

After that it was pretty much over. The other guys left, especially the machariels, they were the first to leave f- and we went with razor to shoot some pos, first time seeing dreads in action was cool. Then fc took us all the way home.

Everyone was real nice and calm, even when I was asking how to align to a broadcast, or how to get back the drones I left behind on the gate. I really like this game.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

evilweasel posted:

disqus mod panel gives you ips of commenters, look at the images on here:

https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466238-moderating-your-community

Good point, well made.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, thank you /r/eve crew.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Vando posted:

The SA well ran dry because SA doesn't have any fresh blood to speak of and everyone who had the slightest interest in Eve will have been and gone by now. It's not 2007 any more.

evilweasel posted:

pretty much

waffe recruitment of genuinely new people from this thread has been pretty low for some time

I have a nice little theory as to why that is. It includes lots of waffe people :qqsay: about J4G, ~trugooniness~ and lots of other lovely immature behaviors done in the name of :airquote: comedy :airquote:.

Endie posted:

You can keep talking about how it must have been about me in some weird kind of self-fulfilling prophecy or you can accept what I say when I try to reassure you that I meant the person who extracted hundreds of JF loads from Dek and then got royally shat on for her troubles (I think Zeph is a she) here and in Elysium. But I have to suggest to you that between the two of us I have a teensy suspicion that I know rather better what I meant than you do, and I've already tried to explain it to you in the simplest terms I know.

A few people here were idiots about her leaving but I think its safe to say that most of us recognizes that Zeph did a great job and could definitely have hosed off at an earlier time but didn't.

Those who poo poo on her, really do it because after a day in Horde she acted as if the grass was so much greener and everything in horde is just great.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 16, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

where to next?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hole squad probably

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Who?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

RhoA posted:

Well considering he's an Amokian, I didn't want to assume he meant goonfleetwaffe. Hell, he could have meant GoonFieet by what you're saying! :stonk:

Well I am and I enjoy playing with my fellow bad posters, so that's what I do. I was certainly saying what deadtear said, but also that if you join and join sigs that do poo poo you like or have people you like in them and then either do fun stuff with dudes you like or even do unfun stuff with dudes you like, you'll likely have a really good time.

On the other end of the scale if you join and sit in elysium and go on boat and whatever other random shitters interceptor mainfleet, unless you really enjoy interceptors, you might not have such a good time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unless you're Kimsemus and are beholden to leak NC. logs or get purged after being told you didn't have to leak NC. logs.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

Well I am and I enjoy playing with my fellow bad posters, so that's what I do. I was certainly saying what deadtear said, but also that if you join and join sigs that do poo poo you like or have people you like in them and then either do fun stuff with dudes you like or even do unfun stuff with dudes you like, you'll likely have a really good time.

On the other end of the scale if you join and sit in elysium and go on boat and whatever other random shitters interceptor mainfleet, unless you really enjoy interceptors, you might not have such a good time.

Well I agree then, I still have friends in GSF that didn't move over to GROON in the recent migration. I also miss blackops quite a bit, those cloaky camps were fun times.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Despera posted:

It's definitely an acquired taste. Some of us just love politics. If you don't there plenty of places politics free

I've never been under the impression that you love politics. Only that you love being smug about EVE politics imediately after losing a super and joining the enemies. Plenty of people here talk about EVE politics.

You're not one of them. Ever since you left your posts have been nothing but, "Haha you lost your sov! Haha test is better!" or stupid infantile arguments with deadtear.

See this post for an example of how political your posts are

Despera posted:

For a group that's supposedly having fun you are sure losing a lot of members

Go back to kindergarden, dumbass.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 16, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I see desperate and angelique douchecanoe have both continued posting and neither will respond to any of my points I made in that long winded post. Unfortunate because I really want to understand why I'm supposed to be so ashamed I leave or whatever I'm supposed to do to not be complicit in things some guy on the internet does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

RhoA posted:

Well I agree then, I still have friends in GSF that didn't move over to GROON in the recent migration. I also miss blackops quite a bit, those cloaky camps were fun times.

Lol what gameplay with guys I like did you think I was talking about. The core group from theta and a few other groups (that basically amounts to "most people who log in and play on a regular basis") has just all stuck together under different names/missions/gameplay styles and the ones who weren't just there to rat with 50 carriers as coverage and are examples of why angelique is wrong as gently caress about theta are now the ones doing stuff with blops. Also with the advent of fozziesov, we found our style also lent itself to the new sov war mini game pretty well so we were actually doing good and important poo poo until whatever happened recently in Fade. What I'm saying is this is a spaceship thread about a spaceship game and we should post about spaceships more and about some larping peg lord on the internet less

• Locked thread