Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This is loving terrible, goodbye 12 minutes of my life, turning it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Don't think I've seen that one.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

Well it's been five minutes and no help.

I chose season 3, episode 5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071349/

All episodes with Jack Cassidy are fantastic. He and Falk had a great chemistry in all of them.

edit: Just saw you didn't like it. Maybe you should keep watching. It gets quite intense when Cassidy and Falk have screen time together.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Where's the Father Brown thread TIA.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Jerry Cotton posted:

Where's the Father Brown thread TIA.

inoffensive british detective shows are the lifeblood of tv

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

OctoberBlues posted:

You are wrong and bad

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

Idiot

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I tried to give it a fair and honest shake, but time is a previous resource, so I had to give up.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

I tried to give it a fair and honest shake, but time is a previous resource, so I had to give up.

Try the pilot episode.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

columbo asks you to watch just one more thing

edit: it's going to bug him if he doesn't ask, you understand

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

, said he and continued to post.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Try the pilot episode.

Which one? There were two. And then a first episode for the series.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

no, he's a detective with a glass eye and star of the best tv show ever

GODDAMN RIGHT

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Which one? There were two. And then a first episode for the series.

The Spielberg one about the writer

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The Spielberg one about the writer

That one is some good poo poo.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I watched Any Port in a Storm and it was some good poo poo. Columbo seems to have a degree of empathy for Donald Pleasance's character that's unique to that episode.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 15, 2016

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
One time I saw a guy selling paintings of kittens dressed as famous television characters and I saw one in a beige raincoat w/ a hosed up red tie.
I was like "Hell yes. Colombo kitten." and the guy was like "oh thats Arazazareidel the angel from Supernatural."
I vomited right there, over all his stuff and I screamed at him as long and hard as I could until he ran away.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My gf had never seen Columbo and I hadn't watched an episode since I was a kid. I suggested we watch S1E1 on Netflix tonight. She loved it. And it was just as much fun as I remember.

Thanks for making this thread.

Also, those people who say they don't like it: It must really suck to be you.

Slob
Jul 9, 2002
Columbo is awesome

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Netflix doesn't have the first two "episodes" which were actually movies.

When you watch the first of the two movies (Prescription: Murder) it is pretty apparent that the screenplay was adapted from a theatrical stage play (which it was).

(The second movie or "pilot" is Ransom for a Dead Man.)

When Falk makes his entrance in Prescription: Murder it's actually kind of shocking to see how young he looks.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'm watching Ransom for a Dead Man right now on 5USA, a U.K. channel.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

An Exercise in Fatality is the best one because he gets reverse trolled, but it's only good if you've seen a lot of other ones first.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

You're a horse's rear end

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My favourite Columbia scene.
https://youtu.be/-HT1plNt1L8

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Maldoror posted:

You're a horse's rear end

I appreciate your honesty.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just watched the one with twins, and it was hilarious how this fussy old housekeeper with ocd was constantly in a state of seething rage at columbo's usual antics. she was never even a suspect, but he kept dropping things, breaking appliances, etc.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

How much of the 80s - 2003 revival is good? I haven't got to that point yet. I know about it, and doubt it's bad. But is Old Man Lt. Columbo worth it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
IIRC, he gets a dog.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Waltzing Along posted:

IIRC, he gets a dog.

It's a basset hound who likes to watch tv

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Ork of Fiction posted:

On the subway today, a man came up to me to sell me paintings of kittens dressed as famous television characters. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating and saw one with a beige raincoat with a hosed up red tie and was like "Hell yes. Columbo kitten", but he said "oh thats Arazazareidel the angel from Supernatural" and my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him, over all his stuff. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm watching Murder By the Book now just because of this thread :v:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Shoehead posted:

I'm watching Murder By the Book now just because of this thread :v:
Hooray!
The episode with the irish writer inspired me to drink all day.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

Columbo is poo poo.
First, you know who the murderer is, which defeats the point of a loving cop show.
Second, he's a cop, hes meant to do cop poo poo. And tards think he's amazing just because he asked cop questions like 'where were you...'.
Third, it's not a loving super power to remember poo poo what other people said the day before.

you're so wrong

you're so wrong

I get that it's weird knowing who the murderer is but that's really not what the show is about - it's about watching Columbo break these fools with masterful trolling.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

and just like columbo nothing spergtective forces out would ever hold up in a courtroom with a half-dece lawyer

"so you took his childhood doll, danced around the room while shouting theories, and then you threatened to rip the doll in half unless he confessed? Is that correct detective? And you had reason to suspect him because the black substance you licked off a truck near the crime scene tasted like the oil used at his job?"

brylcreem posted:

Do you know why Columbo never was promoted above Lieutenant?

Because all his suspects was found not guilty at trial, because their confessions were made without being informed about their rights, so none of them were admissable as evidence.

armchair DAs who have no idea about poo poo lmao

if you walk into a police station and confess to a murder they're not going to be like 'well poo poo we didn't read you your rights first guess you're free to go...'

You only need to be mirandized if you being questioned in a formal setting and you definitely don't need to be mirandized to answer the kinds of basic questions Columbo asks 95% of the time.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Those guys are all rich so they will probably go for sweetheart plea deals, especially since many of them are unlikable pricks that the jury will hate.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Poor Donald Plesance, having to settle for toilet wine in prison.

hexenmexen
May 15, 2016

by exmarx

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Poor Donald Plesance, having to settle for toilet wine in prison.

And in all the Halloween movies he is stuck either waiting in the bushes or hitchhiking.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can see how some of these lame young millenials wouldn't like Columbo. There are long shots without much action. In other words, they have to think and pay attention. Can't do that while tweeting your junk to other idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm millenial and my millenial friends I show Columbo to dig it a lot so speak for yourself and your own dumbo kids buddy

• Locked thread