Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Where are all those Lum avatars coming from?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Someone in ADTRW (or someones) has spent over $800 on changing people's avatars to Lums.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The latest Poppy O'Possum:

:allears:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Meanwhile, in Cassiopeia Quinn, a reminder to talk to your dad(s) and maybe give them a hug this Father's Day because they've done a lot for you and love you (I hope).

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Not sure if this is gonna be a long form comic or what, but Wild Wasp rolled across my tumblr dashboard and from what's up so far I'm already pretty much hooked :v:.

There's only a few pages up so far, but it seems promising.

Oh hey, this is pretty neat, like a spaghetti western but with bugs-

About posted:

more limbs = more guns
:stare:
Followed.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Yeah there was pretty much no other way this could go down. Note how Kit goes from still trying to maintain some vague tatter of dignity to full on emotional support stranglehug between panel 4 and 5.

Unconscious Lily continues to be a great background detail.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Oh hey, there's the chapter cover. :3:

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

I thought that the artistic decision to portray all the acolytes with huge frowny muppet mouths was an odd one until halfway through the comic where someone mentions that they have their mouths covered :doh:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Esme posted:

I thought that the artistic decision to portray all the acolytes with huge frowny muppet mouths was an odd one until halfway through the comic where someone mentions that they have their mouths covered :doh:

You are absolutely not alone in this.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Conceptual arrangement - Rye bread with chorizo, cheese, and turkey

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Unconscious Lily continues to be a great background detail.

I love it, and also the alt text

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
woah poppy

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Empress Theonora posted:

edit: gdi word filter i actually am gay i'm not being ironic!!!!!

lol

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Someone in ADTRW (or someones) has spent over $800 on changing people's avatars to Lums.

lol

:thumbsup:

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012
In Derelict news: Dude, you're hosed

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rest in actual, literal pieces

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I would pay actual money for Acolyte and Radiant Goddess plushies.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Conceptual arrangement - Rye bread with chorizo, cheese, and turkey

when an acolyte's ritual offering hits the spot just right

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm so glad this is updating again.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Empress Theonora posted:

Lady of the Shard was so good; I'm gay and upset; holy gently caress

im gay

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Apologies, I just like that word filter.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

SlothfulCobra posted:

Really interested in how Vattu is going to turn out. Are they going to have an argument about colonialism? Is Vattu going to tell the painter about flying? Is she going to get an introduction to drugs? Can you even take unweight without a mouth?

What probably won't happen: either one realizing they met previously in the market back in chapter 2.

I think with these last few updates Stand Still Stay Silent has now indisputably taken the worst disqus comment section crown. It was rough going there for a while after Paranatural caved to the people manually typing out URLs to pre-stamp FIRST on comment blocks months in advance and removed them, but the combined powers of ambiguous gay romance and spergin' about spergin' has really pushed SSSS over the top.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Disqus is an awful comments system to begin with, and every time I see it on someone else's computer I'm glad I've adblocked it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anyone get what he's going for in the last panel of today's Wonderella?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you clapped your eyes together somehow it would probably hurt too

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

if you clapped your eyes together somehow it would probably hurt too

Ohhhhhhhh.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Here's a comic about demons, so I thought it'd fit this thread.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's alright but it's no RIP AND TEAR.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
One thinks that using "freaking" in a comic about Doom is missing the point somewhat.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Empress Theonora posted:

Lady of the Shard was so good; I'm gay and upset; holy gently caress

being gay doesn't preclude you being obsessed with your sexuality!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Cat Mattress posted:

Here's a comic about demons, so I thought it'd fit this thread.

It's a bit

hard to

READ

when

a sentence

is split

ACROSS

several pages

of action scenes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Had to stop when the Headmistress wanted the acolyte to testify about her dreams in front of everyone. Because having sexy dreams about your patron saint is completely normal

You know it's been a while since we last saw the horrific John Carpenter-esque monstrosity from beyond the veil. Good to see she's doing fine.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

HookedOnChthonics posted:

I think with these last few updates Stand Still Stay Silent has now indisputably taken the worst disqus comment section crown. It was rough going there for a while after Paranatural caved to the people manually typing out URLs to pre-stamp FIRST on comment blocks months in advance and removed them, but the combined powers of ambiguous gay romance and spergin' about spergin' has really pushed SSSS over the top.

Ambiguous gay romance? That's my second-favorite kind!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Brought To You By posted:

Had to stop when the Headmistress wanted the acolyte to testify about her dreams in front of everyone. Because having sexy dreams about your patron saint is completely normal

To be fair, She didn't get to go into enough detail about the dream for the headmistress to know that it was a sexy dream. Also, it never ends up happening.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Today's Questionable Content is really bugging me. This fire destroyed a person's residence making it a household fire. Which means the local Red Cross chapter gets contacted by the fire department and a Disaster Action Team gets deployed.

Here's a simplified summary of what should happen. A Disaster Action Team would arrive within about 30 to 45 minutes of being notified of the fire. They would talk with the fire victims and the fire department to determine how many victims needed what kinds of immediate assistance. The DAT lead would distribute a Client Assistance Card or Cards to the victims. Each card would contain several hundred dollars which the client or clients could use on food, lodging, and other needs.

In this case Bar Owner would get a CAC card because she lost her house. Robot Hand wouldn't get a CAC card because he just missed the bus. They'd also probably get some sweet and salty snacks, light beverages, and a stuffed animal if it's appropriate.

Client Casework would also be notified. Client Casework would connect the victim to services from other agencies they'd qualify for. They often work as an advocate to for the client if their insurance was giving them a hard time. They can also authorize disbursement of additional funds in certain circumstances.

We don't see a Red Cross presence here. The real life reasons could be that the fire department didn't notify the chapter or that the Red Cross simply hasn't gotten there yet. But what's probably happened is Jeph used this as a way to get the Bar Owner and Robot Hand to spend time together so they could become a couple down the line.

You might rightly point out that Northhampton, MA is about an hours drive away from the headquarters of the West Massachusetts Chapter of the Red Cross. But DAT teams aren't stationed at the headquarters. DAT and Client Casework are exclusively made up of volunteers who live and work throughout a chapter's geographical boundaries. You could also point out that calling it a CAC card is redundant. This is true, but getting a (KAK) Card sounds much more appealing than getting a (KAK).

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

are you implying the comic where bars refuse to serve people anything non-alcoholic and menace patrons who ask with weapons is insipid and poorly written

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

RandomPauI posted:

Today's Questionable Content is really bugging me. This fire destroyed a person's residence making it a household fire. Which means the local Red Cross chapter gets contacted by the fire department and a Disaster Action Team gets deployed.

Here's a simplified summary of what should happen. A Disaster Action Team would arrive within about 30 to 45 minutes of being notified of the fire. They would talk with the fire victims and the fire department to determine how many victims needed what kinds of immediate assistance. The DAT lead would distribute a Client Assistance Card or Cards to the victims. Each card would contain several hundred dollars which the client or clients could use on food, lodging, and other needs.

In this case Bar Owner would get a CAC card because she lost her house. Robot Hand wouldn't get a CAC card because he just missed the bus. They'd also probably get some sweet and salty snacks, light beverages, and a stuffed animal if it's appropriate.

Client Casework would also be notified. Client Casework would connect the victim to services from other agencies they'd qualify for. They often work as an advocate to for the client if their insurance was giving them a hard time. They can also authorize disbursement of additional funds in certain circumstances.

We don't see a Red Cross presence here. The real life reasons could be that the fire department didn't notify the chapter or that the Red Cross simply hasn't gotten there yet. But what's probably happened is Jeph used this as a way to get the Bar Owner and Robot Hand to spend time together so they could become a couple down the line.

You might rightly point out that Northhampton, MA is about an hours drive away from the headquarters of the West Massachusetts Chapter of the Red Cross. But DAT teams aren't stationed at the headquarters. DAT and Client Casework are exclusively made up of volunteers who live and work throughout a chapter's geographical boundaries. You could also point out that calling it a CAC card is redundant. This is true, but getting a (KAK) Card sounds much more appealing than getting a (KAK).

More importantly, QC is terrible.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's not a lot of fictional works that do take painstaking detail in depicting the particulars of how the emergency services operate. Besides, the building is still on fire, the red cross doesn't look like it's come yet. It hasn't been 30 to 35 minutes.

Not that this whole thing isn't a horribly contrived scenario to make grumpy bartender go home with robot hand (honestly, it would make more sense for her to go home with that regular who she knows and trusts than this jerk she barely knows), but it's within standard variation of fictional inaccuracies. At least it's more interesting than QC normally is.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I didn't know emergency response worked like that. Thanks for the cool effortpost on the red cross I would never have expected in a webcomics thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

RandomPauI posted:

• Locked thread