Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Which classic mega man of the core series, aside from 1, was the hardest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

7 for the Wily capsule.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

voltcatfish posted:

I honestly love and appreciate most megaman games with only a few I can think of as bad bad

X6 is a technical nightmare but its rad soundtrack saves it

X7 is complete loving garbage with no redeeming features that I can recall

X7 had some good tracks too, Vanishing Gungaroo (I actually like his design too) and Our Blood Boils to name a couple.

Also speaking of soundtracks I was reminded how awesome Launch Octopus's theme is when I was playing Xtreme 2 and I ended up listening to X's soundtrack again and it is real solid all around, not a single weak track in there.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

X7 had some good tracks too, Vanishing Gungaroo (I actually like his design too) and Our Blood Boils to name a couple.

Also speaking of soundtracks I was reminded how awesome Launch Octopus's theme is when I was playing Xtreme 2 and I ended up listening to X's soundtrack again and it is real solid all around, not a single weak track in there.

Yeah X1 had the best soundtrack

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MMZ had a bit of a reverse difficulty curve. Aztec Falcon was pretty rough, but after that it just got easier and easier.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

He did the Hourly-Pay Squad Part-Timers! :swoon:

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

dragon_pamcake posted:

He did the Hourly-Pay Squad Part-Timers! :swoon:

She, just FYI.

Also, gently caress yeah, someone toss her a few million dollars to animate all of Megamix. At least the Stardroid stuff from Gigamix.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If it ever snows in hell and Capcom decides to make a new Megaman game, they need to get Hitoshi Ariga to do all the designs. He manages to retain the "guy in a costume" look of Megaman's cast, but manages to make every character completely distinct while nailing the robot aesthetic. He also managed to make the Stardroids look interesting, which is a feat in itself.

Hell, Hitoshi Ariga is amazing regardless of what he does. The first season of The Big O was essentially perfect; it was Batman: The Animated Series: The Japanese Anime.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Potsticker posted:

MMZ had a bit of a reverse difficulty curve. Aztec Falcon was pretty rough, but after that it just got easier and easier.

Aztec Falcon is secretly the easiest because if you do it right you can reach him with your Z-Saber at only level 1.

You can endlessly combo the first slash of the triple combo, soooooo.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

He honestly was only tough for me when I had no idea about his patterns. Once you learn all he can do, he's pretty easy.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Aztec Falcon is secretly the easiest because if you do it right you can reach him with your Z-Saber at only level 1.

You can endlessly combo the first slash of the triple combo, soooooo.

Certainly after getting practice in he's not to difficult, but for a fresh playthrough when the game first came out? It took a lot of practice.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Every x/zero boss is easy when you've practiced them enough, they go in patterns that are designed to be dodgable when learned with few exceptions.

The difference is comparing Aztec falcon to the Mavericks you get to beat first in snes x games. They are mostly basic jumping, shooting, and ramming, and they are picked at random. They do something, you dodge it. Aztec has a way to immediately react to whatever you are doing.

Plus some of the attacks you must dash under, I don't think dashing under low shots is a required tactic until agile's fight in the snes games.

Aztec can be learned, but learning him is a longer struggle than many of the snes bosses imo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Reposting this video from Violen so that:

1. Future generations of posters on this dead comedy forum know of Violen's greatness
2. We can see some of the best bossfights in the zero series
3. We can go to the start of that video and remember that the Zero series also had some really dumb bossfights
4. Hoping against hope that Violen will one day return to us to post monotone angry commentary over restricted runs of MN9 and Mega Man DOS.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also the super dope much more difficult ZX version

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Super Best Friends just uploaded a video in their Boxart Critique of Megaman boxarts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqppv1Oml0

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

Super Best Friends just uploaded a video in their Boxart Critique of Megaman boxarts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqppv1Oml0

They need to release something new so we can stop griping about the same old poo poo ad nauseum.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mega Man: The Cartoon: The Game is coming, just sit tight.

The final platform survey for MN9 backers is going out on Monday, by the way.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Mega Man: The Cartoon: The Game is coming, just sit tight.

The final platform survey for MN9 backers is going out on Monday, by the way.

The only way it could be good is if it's based on the old Ruby-Spears cartoon.

"Now I got your power!"
Weapon Get! Pharaoh Shot
*right hook*

That blog is killing me, by the way. That cartoon was a masterpiece of absurdist humor.

And sometimes Ruby Spears got things just right.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 15, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got really sad at how expensive old Mega Man games seem to have become until I remembered I own the Anniversary Collection, the X Collection, and the Zero collection so hooray!

I feel bad for losing my copies of SNES X1-X3 but I didn't realize they'd go for $100 each these days!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I sold all my megaman carts a while back. X1-3 + Megaman 7 went for a good 450ish together. I can't believe how much X3 and 7 went for at one point.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
X1 is worth more than peanuts somehow?!

I think my copy of X Collection GCN is worth the same as it's always been, maybe a few more. Even X7-8 are worth more than a good joke right now through this magic. And somehow the amazing MM8 isn't in on this pricing bubble... well I guess taste has nothing to do with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think you'll find taste has everything to do with it, as megaman 8 is a bad game for people with bad taste, they belong together

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Liking Mega Man 8 sincerely is like thinking the Star Wars prequels are good films.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The final backer surveys for MN9 are going out now:

quote:

Hey Mighties!

With the release date of Mighty No. 9 coming up, we are now rolling out the final round of the Platform Survey for Mighty No. 9 backers.

It is vital that you complete this survey by the deadline of 11:59PM PDT on May 29th.

It is very important that every possible backer answers this survey before the deadline closes as we need to submit final orders for everyone's codes to the various platform holders in order to deliver everyone's game on time.

The results of the previous surveys will not count towards your reward selection, so even if you have chosen your platform in a previous survey please take the time to give us your answer again! ​

Any backers who have not chosen their preferred platform by the deadline will be given a Steam key and DRM-free PC download by default.

Because of the volume of recipients involved in this survey, it will take a few days for the mails to reach every single backer so please be patient and keep an eye on your inbox!

Thanks,

-The Mighty Team

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The final backer surveys for MN9 are going out now:

tried to click the survey link in my email and got this

quote:

Oh bananas!

We can't find the page you requested.

lmao, mighty no. 9 really is the gift that keeps on giving

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mine worked just fine so maybe it's your end

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Mega Man 8 is cool

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Box of Bunnies posted:

tried to click the survey link in my email and got this

lmao, mighty no. 9 really is the gift that keeps on giving

Same here, I can't believe this poo poo.

e:

Baffling. Simply baffling.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 16, 2016

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Even their loving surveys have delays. We're going to have an actual new Megaman game out before MN9 comes out at this rate.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Careful what you wish for.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/16/expect-new-mega-man-monster-hunter-sengoku-basara-mobile-games-japan-march-2017/

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Ithe only straight up bad games in the series are X7, the DOS, and the Wonder Swan games as far as I was aware.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I really didn't like Zero 1 when I played it and I thought it was way too hard and strict on grading. Then I attempted Zero 2 and found it wasn't much better, which led to me selling my copy of Zero Collection.

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Same here, I can't believe this poo poo.

e:

Baffling. Simply baffling.

Huh. I filled mine out and it worked just fine. If they actually want people to fill it out again, even if it was successful, they should probably send another email because I gives a poo poo about their forum.

Edit: oh he says right in the message that's exactly what they were doing. Either way this is hilarious.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

can't wait for them to make a lovely mobile game to "gage interest" and assume we don't want a real mm game when it flops.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I don't see how a good MM game on mobile is possible unless you design it to basically require an external BT controller or something. Touch screen d-pads just can't swing it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Electromax posted:

I don't see how a good MM game on mobile is possible unless you design it to basically require an external BT controller or something. Touch screen d-pads just can't swing it.

They make it a loving Battle Network game like any developer with common sense about mobile limitations would consider

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Electromax posted:

An side-scrolling endless runner -type of game could work (maybe without the "endless" part). MM runs automatically, tap to shoot, swipe up to jump, maybe swipe right to slide.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Forktoss posted:

An side-scrolling endless runner -type of game could work

it didn't

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

Ithe only straight up bad games in the series are X7, the DOS, and the Wonder Swan games as far as I was aware.

DOS 3 and wonderswan are incredible and I will fight you. :colbert:

Mega Man II for GB is the wurst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

They make it a loving Battle Network game like any developer with common sense about mobile limitations would consider

Forktoss posted:

An side-scrolling endless runner -type of game could work (maybe without the "endless" part). MM runs automatically, tap to shoot, swipe up to jump, maybe swipe right to slide.

Why are you all describing Rockman Go Go which got canned within a year?