Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My guess is that he had the overtake engine mode on or something similar that drains out the battery (which is why he was so fast around the first corner), then started going slow because his battery used all the charge, and then switched it to the mode it was supposed to be on (which is why the harvester came on) right before the wreck.

The Sky post-race showed some video of the engine mode switch via the cockpit cam and how it wasn't set the same at the start as in Nico's other races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

I'm not sure if anyone has picked up on this but if it were the pit lane limiter then the lights are going to start flashing on the back of the car.

Cool Ant Davidson showed exactly this happening, but the car went into harvesting mode coming out of the corner. But, hell i'm glad this happened and maybe Mercedes should fire both their lovely drivers and hire Maldonado and Max Chilton instead, now thats my kinda team.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have not a doubt in my mind if Maldonado had been out there in a decent car today he would have bagged his second Spanish Grand Prix

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You know what would be very cool but would never happen? If Mercedes were to go to the FIA and say "ok, we have the dominant car, and we will probably keep winning until a new engine format comes in. Let's be honest, we don't really give a gently caress who wins the WDC so if you drop the limit on number of drivers a team can use in the season we will not hire any of our own, and just rotate customer team's/young drivers in our cars. We still get the WCC and it makes the sport a thousand times more interesting for the fans"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When was the driver change rule implemented? '94-'95?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Only just caught up with the race tonight. Wow.

Rosberg, truly the hero of the day. My only grumble is that Nico got wiped out too. Would have been nice for him to gain an extra 25 points on Lewis. That wheel toss :allears:

Brundle was doing my head in with the constant 'Lewis had a right to the space!' bullshit.

Shame frog boy won but eh, still better than Lewis on the top step.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I hope Lewis doesn't win all year. Chess not checkers right?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Perhaps the most dominant car(s) in F1 history and Lewis hasn't won any of the last 8 races. More evidence for the fraud file.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Frog Max ran a good race today. Wheel toss was fukken :lol:.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I might actually warm up to frogboy but he needs to quit Red Bull first and stop taking his dad to every (any) race.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I don't mind Max. Have to admit it was a great drive considering how old the tires were and with Kimi breathing down his neck.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

That was awesome!. Better still with Dan confirming #2 status.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

In retrospect a 3 stop strategy was really dumb at a track where it's almost impossible to pass.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It might have worked if Dan hadn't gotten slowed down by the Renault.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Say hello to the next Fernando

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I just finished watching the race.

I loving hate this sport.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Say hello to the next Fernando

I bet that's the same face he makes when he orgasms.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If that petulant loving child Lewis Hamilton hadn't dive-bombed F1 Legend Nico Rosberg we would've been spared this disaster which I can only describe as a "war crime". The fact that Lewis has not received a race ban is in fact criminal in my opinion.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also everyone at Ferrari needs to examine what they are doing with their lives. I haven't been this embarrassed of the Scud since they cost one "Alain Prost" the 1990 WDC.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Formula 1 race winner Nico Rosberg (not pastor maldonado formula 1 race winner) deliberately driving 3-time formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton off the road as he is met by first challenge in 8 races sure has made this year more interesting

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo that race...

Just finished watching. Ummm real glad that the Mercs reached maximum petulance.

Max winning...not sure what to think. He drove a solid race and didn't choke on old rear end tires. Still, it's Max.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Norns posted:

Holy poo poo that race...

Just finished watching. Ummm real glad that the Mercs reached maximum petulance.

Max winning...not sure what to think. He drove a solid race and didn't choke on old rear end tires. Still, it's Max.

His dad is an abusive raging rear end in a top hat but he can loving race.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

geeves posted:

I bet that's the same face he makes when he orgasms.

Wow worst thread reaches a new low as goons are openly pedos.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

If that petulant loving child Lewis Hamilton hadn't dive-bombed F1 Legend Nico Rosberg we would've been spared this disaster which I can only describe as a "war crime". The fact that Lewis has not received a race ban is in fact criminal in my opinion.

They both suck rear end and I hope the same thing happens every race from now.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Rosberg is the man this year. Hopefully the Lewis meltdown continues and he leaves Mercedes for Force India.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

track day bro! posted:

They both suck rear end and I hope the same thing happens every race from now.

:agreed:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

nsaP posted:

Rosberg is the man this year. Hopefully the Lewis meltdown continues and he leaves Mercedes for Force India.

He should leave for a team people hate, like Red Bull.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Thanks Ants posted:

He should leave for a team people hate, like Red Bull.

Open racism in the worst thread.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

nsaP posted:

Just as Lewis Hamilton arriving turned a poo poo Mercedes into a world championship winning car singlehandedly, he will make Force India into top dogs and just as Lewis Hamilton leaving turned a great McLaren team into dogshit, Mercedes will fall off a cliff.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Man I just finished the race....Kvyat totally could have done the same thing and won his first race had he been in the car. Sorry bro.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It was a great defensive drive by max but yeah he did just kind of end up in p1 without actually overtaking anyone

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Human Grand Prix posted:

When was the driver change rule implemented? '94-'95?
I don't know the exact year, but it was before that. It was certainly in place in 1992, as it was a big part of Andrea Moda's shenanigans that year.

If someone here is not familiar with the greatest team in the history of our sport, what happened was that the team owner (Andrea Sassetti) had initially hired Alex Caffi and Enrico Bertaggia to drive the cars, but fired both of them after they criticized the team for being run by a complete moron (having missed the first two races of the season due to poor preparation and general incompetence). He hired Roberto Moreno and Perry McCarthy to replace them, but soon wanted to rehire Bertaggia because the latter was walking around with a million dollars. Of course he couldn't do that because of the driver change rule, so the team proceeded to treat McCarthy as if he didn't exist and occasionally seemed to be actively trying to kill him (at Spa, they knowingly put a broken steering column on his car). Finally, Sassetti was arrested at the Spa paddock for fraud (actual fraud, not the Nico Rosberg kind) and the FIA banned the team for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Man, lovely F1 teams were so much better back then.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

nsaP posted:

He should leave to start his rapping career, then we can witness another trainwreck.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

42% true brits who will vote leave
58% traitors and foreigners

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Despite Max being a frog faced git, I was surprised that Ricciardo wasn't able to get any breathing room between himself and Verstappen. Obviously he had the strategy, fuel and tyres to think about - but so did Max, and the gap never got to more then about 3 seconds and was sub 1 second at stages. Thats not enough for comfort which leads me to believe Danny just wasn't able to get away from him.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm a half Australian half German Jewish Brit, you have no idea how confused I get when it comes to voting on these things.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
If Mercedes management weren't so obviously biased they'd take a page out of Red Bull's playbook and put reckless and bad driver Nico Rosberg in a Toro Rosso before Monaco

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
literally could swap him with Weihrlien in the manor

but nicki is a racist shitlord so they wont

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

First paragraph of this Geri Halliwell interview is hilarious.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/may/16/former-spice-girl-geri-i-like-myself-a-bit-better-now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The most gorgeous man in the world wishes you a good morning, also Alonso uploaded this pic today:

• Locked thread