Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The Alamo Drafthouse near me is doing a screening of the documentary Elstree 1976 tonight and I'm trying to decide if it's worth driving downtown to go see.

Anyone heard anything strongly positive or negative about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i've heard the alamo drafhouse near jivjov is going to be showing it soon, for what it's worth

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

jivjov posted:

The Alamo Drafthouse near me is doing a screening of the documentary Elstree 1976 tonight and I'm trying to decide if it's worth driving downtown to go see.

Anyone heard anything strongly positive or negative about it?

http://www.avclub.com/review/star-wars-minor-players-take-center-stage-elstree--236128

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
Not sure if Force Awakens mashups are yesterday yet-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_sArXAwQo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

bruckner posted:

Not sure if Force Awakens mashups are yesterday yet-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_sArXAwQo

Sound's all hosed up, man

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I ram jammed the three live action Star Wars television specials into one special film

https://vimeo.com/166646653

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The Jedi are a metaphor for antisemitism. When Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul, he was symbolically "Throwing the Jew Down the Well" as was done during antisemitic pogroms in Britain during the Middle Ages. The Sith being a secret cabal of dark wizards, controlling everything as the Jedi view them mirrors real life anti-Semitic conspiracy theories of the ZOG and Israeli domination of all world leaders. When Vader becomes a Jedi again, it is the act of antisemitism, the throwing of Palpatine, symbolic of a Jewish man, down the well that redeems him. Palpatine himself sees the irony in this and chooses to reverse his oppression onto his oppressor by throwing Mace Windu down the building, thereby saying to the Jedi "Now you are the Jew.". The Jedi Purge is symbolic of Israeli treatment of Palestinians, where the once oppressed have now become the oppressor and fail to see the irony. This leads all of their kind to be painted with a broad brush, leading to further anti-Sith views and antisemitism in our world.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

KiteAuraan posted:

The Jedi are a metaphor for antisemitism. When Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul, he was symbolically "Throwing the Jew Down the Well" as was done during antisemitic pogroms in Britain during the Middle Ages. The Sith being a secret cabal of dark wizards, controlling everything as the Jedi view them mirrors real life anti-Semitic conspiracy theories of the ZOG and Israeli domination of all world leaders. When Vader becomes a Jedi again, it is the act of antisemitism, the throwing of Palpatine, symbolic of a Jewish man, down the well that redeems him. Palpatine himself sees the irony in this and chooses to reverse his oppression onto his oppressor by throwing Mace Windu down the building, thereby saying to the Jedi "Now you are the Jew.". The Jedi Purge is symbolic of Israeli treatment of Palestinians, where the once oppressed have now become the oppressor and fail to see the irony. This leads all of their kind to be painted with a broad brush, leading to further anti-Sith views and antisemitism in our world.

See, now this is a reading.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

KiteAuraan posted:

Who, day and night, must find a Sith for killing,
Fight a droid-slave army, save the Chancellor?
Who keeps the light, as master of the temple,
To say the final word "too old"?

The Master, the Master! Tradition.
The Master, the Master! Tradition.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZLrs9gX73M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhR4QEEa5dw

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That part where the guy tries to use acetone to smooth out the tie fighter shell :stare:

Just use some fine grit sandpaper, a buffing cloth, and some black priming paint, goddamn.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Probe droid sfx for the TIE bomber perspective? Do the whole thing over again!
"2160p @ 4k" :stare:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Neurolimal posted:

See, now this is a reading.

Now this is pod-reading!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiX9nbI56DI

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Does hanging clothes in a "freezing" room actually dry them?

Wank fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 30, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ever hear of freeze drying

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Apparently Rogue One is testing terribly with internal audiences over at Disney so they have lined up extensive reshoots for the film. Probably lock Edwards out too as neither he, nor Disney have good things to say about the experience of working together.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PriorMarcus posted:

Apparently Rogue One is testing terribly with internal audiences over at Disney so they have lined up extensive reshoots for the film. Probably lock Edwards out too as neither he, nor Disney have good things to say about the experience of working together.

Got a source? After how good that trailer was and how well fans seemed to react to it, I'd be hard pressed to believe it's testing that poorly

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

PriorMarcus posted:

That's a shame. :( Do you know the specific issues the test audiences had with Rogue One?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Source?

Edwards not having a good experience certainly lines up with reports that he wants to go back to making smaller films after he's finished with Rogue One.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hope they're extensively reshooting some motherflipping Jedis !!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Check out this guy not posting a source

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/30/disney-execs-in-a-panic-over-upcoming-star-wars-film/

There are other outlets reporting this, they are copy-pasting from this site so this is the only source atm.

e: Page Six was the first outlet to confirm Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 31, 2016

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm seeing some sites say it online, but they all seem pretty click-baity.

http://epicstream.com/news/Disney-Rumored-To-Be-in-Crisis-Mode-For-Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story

Like, reshoots have always been pretty common, haven't they? Why are pretty suddenly making assumptions on quality from this and the Suicide Squad reshoots?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

thrawn527 posted:

I'm seeing some sites say it online, but they all seem pretty click-baity.

http://epicstream.com/news/Disney-Rumored-To-Be-in-Crisis-Mode-For-Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story

Like, reshoots have always been pretty common, haven't they? Why are pretty suddenly making assumptions on quality from this and the Suicide Squad reshoots?

People in general aren't aware of how common reshoots are, so you can guarantee a big audience by presenting them as this big shocking thing that means that movie has to be extensively reworked.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Edwards must have hosed up and made an actually interesting movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Esp. with Star Wars.

I've basically come to hate any and all of these gossip sites. It's all just click bait bullshit ala Buzzfeed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Veshpo posted:

Yeah, probably.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If this dicks the film over the same way the reshoots did for Fantastic Four I swear I'm gonna be so flippin' mad

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My best guess is if they tested it 'internally' and it was not well received, it was probably too much of a gritty war movie. Either way I do see this as unfortunate.

I mean I get reshoots are normal, but this sounds like reshoots that will soften the movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Four weeks of reshoots is pretty significant, either way.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I bet they realized they hired the director of Godzilla and that movie sucked and then saw cuts of this movie and were like poo poo guys we really hosed up on this one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I bet they realized they hired the director of Godzilla and that movie sucked and then saw cuts of this movie and were like poo poo guys we really hosed up on this one.

I have my doubts.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

And their goal is the "incredibly high bar set by TFA."

:crossarms:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Veshpo posted:

Seems likely, especially for Disney.

Edit: If they gently caress up the movie, I ain't gonna see it.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 31, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Page Six is a lovely gossip rag. They probably found out about Donnie Yen's confirmed reshooting and ran with it. They also don't list any reasons for why the Disney screenings didn't go well, which is fishy. Usually when you hear a screening was poo poo, you also find out why. Unless an actual cast or crew member speaks up or Disney pushes the release, I'd assume Page6 was just embellishing a thin story.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I would like to punch you right in the mouth.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Punching somebody for being correct doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
For a December release isn't it pretty late in the production cycle to do 'extensive' reshoots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cargohills posted:

Punching somebody for being correct doesn't seem like a nice thing to do.

Let me guess:

a) BRYAN CRANSTON WAS KILLED TOO EARLY

b) STUPID MILITARY MAN WASNT AN UBERMENSH

c) NOT ENOUGH GODZILLA

• Locked thread