Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RhoA posted:

Well we weren't going to commit our supers to this war anyway, so I don't see why leaving the supers behind is a big issue. If anything, going somewhere else and actually doing what we used to do, winning fights and pushing people around, could have done quite a bit for morale. Okay, so PL/NC would have followed, but fighting them is way more manageable when you don't have the rest of EVE not moving with them.

The rest of EVE would move with them because they'd get shredded to pieces without being able to cry for backup from PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

-Troika- posted:

The rest of EVE would move with them because they'd get shredded to pieces without being able to cry for backup from PL.

I highly doubt alliances like TISHU, Snuff, etc. would have strayed too far from their home systems.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

RhoA posted:

I highly doubt alliances like TISHU, Snuff, etc. would have strayed too far from their home systems.

So would TEST and Drone Walkers and many others including a good chunk of horde after they get a taste of the sweet guristas ticks and their cool citadel.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

Yes, absolutely. It's either that or find someone willing to moderate this thread SA circa 2010 style and just probate and ban people for being bad posters over and over until they reform or stop coming back, and it's a tossup whether that would just kill the thread or leave anything worthwhile behind afterward.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

Just post in the chill thread, its silly because there's nothing to talk about besides being dumb. Some :ullerrm: level posting would make it a chill and cool thread.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Dalael posted:

No, but the country side kept burning and a lot of rome's allies decided to join Hannibal.
The point I was making is that when you're outnumbered and outgunned, only an idiot charges in the fray hoping his gigantic balls will carry the day.

And the point Aapir is making is that Fabius had a working strategy because Rome and the towns could be hardened against invasion and Hannibal lacked the army to take Rome. If Hannibal had a larger army, he would have done exactly what the MBC has done to us, Fabius or no. Many believe that if Hasdrubal had been able to reinforce Hannibal, he would have been able to do just that.

That's the problem with the whole "Fabian Strategy", it just doesn't work in Eve.

1. We are vastly outnumbered and even though I don't believe MBC has a leader equivalent to Hannibal, they don't need one. They are funded better than we are, they have superiority in numbers, they have superiority in all ship types and they are winning the morale war.

2. You cannot sufficiently harden your "cities". Thanks to Fozzie, flipping a station, system, region, etc is pretty easy compared to what Hannibal faced. If we could just sit docked while they roamed our space at will, it'd be a different story.

3. It's a game and the number of people that want to WIN(!!) at all costs, even entertainment, is fewer than the ones that want to have fun doing whatever thing they find fun that they can no longer do.

I have also said that we should be heading off to a different part of the map. I went further and said that we should drop any sov we have right now. These people are feasting on every tiny victory, so let's abandon the field and leave nothing for them to crow about. If they follow us, at least they aren't in Dek. If they follow us with our supers, then that means they are splitting their forces and increasing their vulnerability, possibly to the point where we have greater numbers back in PB/Dek. If they don't, we have removed the threat of overwhelming supercap superiority and that increases our ability to operate.

The true genius of Fabius' strategy is that you deny what the enemy wants. This enemy doesn't just want "good fights". They want to savor every victory over us and make us watch from our station in Saranen. So, we deny that to them. We move to the Drone regions, Catch, Immensea, Querious, wherever. If we aren't going to be back in Dek for 6 months plus, then let's GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. Right now it feels more like we are watching the new kid in school make out with our old girlfriend from across the cafeteria while we punch his kid brother to make ourselves feel better. It's sad, even if the kid brother makes funny noises when he goes down.

bangers and hash
Sep 27, 2003
Obligatory custom title.
Let's go full dick move and invade FCON now that we're reset. :getin:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Paco Vato posted:

Deadtear said a few pages back that a key thing is that if you're in waffe you don't get purged for not toeing the line. I'd just like to say that is the #1 reason that I love the in-game corp is because I really can do whatever I want - the game is truly a sandbox experience in that regard. I actually didn't believe I had so much freedom (aside from the no goonfucking obvious stuff) so I asked about it in a thread when I was newer. I still click those paps though when I stumble into a fleet because I'm down for the metrics -- big fan of those too. The great infrastructure is one of the things I enjoy so much about the alliance.

You come across as someone that was never under the ire of the illuminati for having spacefunsies under a structure they did not approve of.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

bangers and hash posted:

I have to believe this would result in historic membership numbers for Waffe.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
What about everyone in imperium joining horde.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bangers and hash posted:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Krogort posted:

What about everyone in imperium joining horde.

Everyone already has an alt in there by now, surely

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dalael posted:

I have a nice little theory as to why that is. It includes lots of waffe people :qqsay: about J4G, ~trugooniness~ and lots of other lovely immature behaviors done in the name of :airquote: comedy :airquote:.

:laffo:

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
It explains the sudden swell in numbers from when the war started and the increase in activity as those spais are checking on what phorde is doing.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

ullerrm posted:

I have actively moved fitting questions that I wanted you to see from this thread to the chill thread because of drama or shitposting going on at the time. Apparently you aren't reading the chill thread often.

Lately there have been a fair number of questions around mechanics, isk making strategies, fitting, etc. there. There's obviously at least some appetite for that type of posting in the thread.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Dunno about you guys but I am never basing out of capturable 0.0 again. Would be content to just do what PL does and live out of npc 0.0 space.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Vando posted:

Everyone already has an alt in there by now, surely

Yet despite this. When Horde changed the vulnerability timers. It was the forward scouts of the entosis fleet who were the first to find out. With all these spies and the ever touted black hand looming. Did not a single one of these spy alts glance at the icons in the top left corner, just once?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bangers and hash posted:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I will be sky marshal for fcon invasion, follow me fellow goons :black101:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

I'll honourabl-y third party.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is the unchill thread, it is true. The level of unchill occuring last night is too much. There have been a few incidents where I am close to handing out some probations because our levels of investment in one upping the different Alliance's good and bad points are too bitchy and not fun to read.

We need to improve our posts. We can do better. I've never lost that belief because we've shown it. This is a friendly reminder that although I allow the tensions between our factions I will still step in and make it sit in the timeout corner if it gets too much.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

:jackbud::black101:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Stealthgerbil posted:

Dunno about you guys but I am never basing out of capturable 0.0 again. Would be content to just do what PL does and live out of npc 0.0 space.

You will need no less than 200 paper pushers, and a dozen angry logistics people that don't want to listen to your bullshit.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

You will need no less than 200 paper pushers, and a dozen angry logistics people that don't want to listen to your bullshit.

being a hardcore lowsec entity could be cool, you're close enough to hisec for logistics, and FW space is active enough that there are usually good fights around

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Xolve posted:

well we have the first part down, might run low on logistics people at this point though

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

This thread - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRQRdFaFEo

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

being a hardcore lowsec entity could be cool, you're close enough to hisec for logistics, and FW space is active enough that there are usually good fights around

The sheer amount of tryhard logistics is a pain in the rear end- but I imagine it's not too different than supplying doctrine ships for 2000+ dudes.

Get setup, poach some FCs, own nerds. It's the proven strategy.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

jm20 posted:

You come across as someone that was never under the ire of the illuminati for having spacefunsies under a structure they did not approve of.

I am a shitposter who is terrible at the game and rarely fleets up or PvPs. I doubt illum knows who I am really except a bad poster. I do rock 16 kills and 12 losses on zkill so maybe they're just appeasing me so I don't go join PL?

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

I prefer this analogy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Do not write it off yet.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Does anyone have any good tips for trying to find a corp. that is right for you? I am finding it hard to get good information about a group before joining. From the outside, most groups look more or less the same as corps with similar goals. Most corps recruitment feels like they are all throwing the same lines. Just how like everyone on a dating site loves to hike and travel. I don't like to hop around so I would really love to get a better idea the group before joining up. Does anyone have any experience with this and could offer up any advice?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Nunes posted:

Does anyone have any good tips for trying to find a corp. that is right for you? I am finding it hard to get good information about a group before joining. From the outside, most groups look more or less the same as corps with similar goals. Most corps recruitment feels like they are all throwing the same lines. Just how like everyone on a dating site loves to hike and travel. I don't like to hop around so I would really love to get a better idea the group before joining up. Does anyone have any experience with this and could offer up any advice?

What do you like to do in Eve?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Paco Vato posted:

I am a shitposter who is terrible at the game and rarely fleets up or PvPs. I doubt illum knows who I am really except a bad poster. I do rock 16 kills and 12 losses on zkill so maybe they're just appeasing me so I don't go join PL?

16 to 12 is so amazing I literally cannot wait to feast my mind on such an awe inspiring and excellent applicantion to noted PvP alliance PandaMcLegion.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 16, 2016

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Nunes posted:

Find out what kind of space you want to live in and what kind of gameplay you like. Find groups that fit that description and then ask people you trust about their experiences with them.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Do not write it off yet.

Patience of a saint

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So what is there to do for afk or semi afk income now since ratting anoms is ogre.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
SP farming?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So what is there to do for afk or semi afk income now since ratting anoms is ogre.

Nothing, and it's beautiful.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I found a PI setup last night that is going to make me a hair under a billion ISK per month per character.

Thank youuu citadels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You can still afk rat in the anoms that don't spawn dreads. Otherwise there's mining. That's pretty much it for afk in space income.

• Locked thread