Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If only more comment sections could be like Kill Six Billion Demons' comment section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SunAndSpring posted:

If only more comics could be like Kill Six Billion Demons

FTFY

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Retarded reader: I DEMAND you remove this bad poster from the comments section

Artist: feel free to ignore the guy, you really don't need to respond to him

Retarded reader: I DESERVE a bad poster free environment

Artist: k. *removes comment section*

And somehow it's ashley's fault, right.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Seriously, banning one guy opens up the moderation slope and she shouldn't have to deal with that. MMM would stop posting if people didn't reply to him. And if he doesn't then just laugh at the guy shouting into the void.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

'don't feed the troll' is like the oldest internet saying there is, you're already acting like you're entitled to someone taking a fulltime unpaid job to babysit you and a hundred other randos why on earth would anyone in their right mind commit to making your happiness with the state of internet commenting their responsibility

'if yall can't deal with unmoderated comments I'll just turn them off' is a perfectly reasonable policy for someone who isn't getting something incredibly rewarding from their comments section

Yes, but, again, it's not a matter of "free speech". This isn't some principled stand she's making, she just doesn't want to deal with moderating her comments. Also her standards for what makes a "bad" comment section don't make sense, if the person who was, according to other posters in this thread, speculating about children genitals and trying to get people to Google them isn't a problem but the people who don't want to deal with that guy who are.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 25, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh yeah it's just terrible that she misused the language of the first amendment to state her completely reasonable position, simply awful, inexcusable

Fabricated posted:

Retarded reader: I DEMAND you remove this bad poster from the comments section

Artist: feel free to ignore the guy, you really don't need to respond to him

Retarded reader: I DESERVE a bad poster free environment

Artist: k. *removes comment section*

And somehow it's ashley's fault, right.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Is there a physical disability or particular mental illness that compels responding to a really bad poster because if there is I know how I've been a beneficiary of it

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if that is the first weird pervert the unsounded fanbase has attracted I am frankly astounded

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't import loving comment thread drama lol

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Importing comment thread drama means you've already violated the cardinal rule of the Internet by reading comment threads.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Never read anything about Unsounded that isn't the comic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh right there's a comment section isn't there.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

Never read anything about Unsounded that isn't the comic.

The Tumblr is pretty good and informative tho.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

who cares about wierdo comment drama

Look who just became Matty's new idol, the positively giddy undead abomination

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Duane is having a good day and not even Mathis Quigley can ruin it. Though he drat will try.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Imagine, a plod trolling Mathis Quigley...forever.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Roland Jones posted:

Duane is having a good day and not even Mathis Quigley can ruin it. Though he drat will try.

Can't wait to see how fuckin' hard this comes crashing down.

Is he gonna eat the little blind boy in his night-rage?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Captain Oblivious posted:

Imagine, a plod trolling Mathis Quigley...forever.

A well-deserved fate for them both.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
iori just rocketed up the character tier list

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

iori just rocketed up the character tier list

Watching her actually intimidate Bastion is a wonderful little bit of characterization for both of them.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Intimidate, hell, that's a straight up scolded puppy face.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Panel 4 Sette would make an excellent avatar. :3:

UNRELENTIN' EXPLOSIVE FIRE!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Between Duane, Quigley and Bastion, I'm beginning to suspect that all Aldish wrights are terrifying, ostentatious dorks.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Considering what we've seen, advanced wrightery seems to be kind of similar to cold war, punch-card-based computing. So that's probably a very accurate description.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
So this comic is good? I remember I started reading it years ago and then dropped it because I wasn't in the mood to tolerate its edgier subject matter involving children. And then I caught a glimpse of that one chapter cover that has a crude drawing on a wall of Sette eating a dick like what the gently caress?

But it's good?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yup.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It hasn't got any less crude or edgy, but it's good besides that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unsounded is good, if you can deal with it being very unfiltered about how awful the world is

e: honestly i came close to stopping reading it a few times but i'm still here because it's still good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Oxxidation posted:

Between Duane, Quigley and Bastion, I'm beginning to suspect that all Aldish wrights are terrifying, ostentatious dorks.
That's most wizards in most settings, honestly - and all D&D wizards without exception.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the child does not actually eat a dick, thankfully

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
poo poo I never noticed that guy had no legs

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

poo poo I never noticed that guy had no legs

It is a surprisingly easy detail to miss.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
When a man strides confidently and with purpose, it is easy to overlook that he has no legs. When he crawls on his belly like a worm, it's easy to forget that he can stand.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Uh, what guy? I'm quadruple-checking and I still can't find who are you talking about.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kyte posted:

Uh, what guy? I'm quadruple-checking and I still can't find who are you talking about.

Rahm, the Black Tongue wright who helps Quigley and Matty. It's hard to tell since he's wearing boots and you rarely see him from the waist down, but he's got Invisible Man legs.

That's what it's like in the khert. Make one magical mistake and it segfaults and declares that Aspect of Your Legs, Yes Yours can no longer be found.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Basically, being a wright is like being a computer programmer, except instead of compiler errors everyone dies horribly.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Does anyone know what pun Ashley is referring to in Friday's comic? I've read the comic like, six times now over three days and I still don't see a pun in there. :confused:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Drop your guard has its meaning, but also the peace guard are literally being dropped.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Holy poo poo that's a ton of soldiers and artillery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
She's back with a new page.

I discovered Unsounded through another webcomic's (Daughter of the Lilies) recommended reading list and subsequently blazed through the entire thing in about a week. I was so hooked that continuing my reading was usually the first thing I looked forward to after coming home from work. I love Duane and the dichotomy between him and Sette. It's really a different sort of webcomic, set far apart from the others I read with regularity. Unsounded is good.