Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mushroom 11 has been the best game of the eye candy bundle so far, although it seems very short. i'm at chapter 4 (of 7) and my playtime is only 35 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I picked up the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection, and I'm having a lot more fun with Drake's Fortune Remastered than I did with the original on ps3 a few years back. Only some of it is the remaster, mostly it that I'm in a better mindset to enjoy it, slightly less lovely at games, and not chugging alcohol while playing it. I'm about a third of the way through it on the first sitting, so I feel like I'm making pretty good time. I'm also looking forward to playing 2 and 3, which I have never touched before.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

precision posted:

Lotta surprises lately. I think this year will be a real golden era of gaming with uncharted 4, no man's sky, persona 5 and final fantasy 15 all owning hard

Never has a project swung so hard to become Most Disappointing Game of 20XX right out of the gate, Molyneaux has a lot to learn from these bright young upstarts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Never has a project swung so hard to become Most Disappointing Game of 20XX right out of the gate, Molyneaux has a lot to learn from these bright young upstarts.

What's happening with NMS? I thought people were still all a'titter for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a $60 indie game that at best is going to an amusing diversion until people get bored of flying to procedurally generated planets with nothing interesting to do on them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The game itself will most likely entertain for all of one hour but their weirdo Anglobot lead dev who can't make eye contact with people when he talks has already entertained for a lifetime.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a $60 indie game that at best is going to an amusing diversion until people get bored of flying to procedurally generated planets with nothing interesting to do on them.

Huh, I thought you could get into space battles too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Huh, I thought you could get into space battles too.

There's possibly space battles too. Boring procedurally generated ones.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

There's possibly space battles too. Boring procedurally generated ones.

Well poo poo.

In other news, it's 30 days to E3.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hell yeah, e3!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm looking forward to E3 and also to having 18 days off work around then.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The only thing I don't like about e3 is that I won't be able to afford any of the cool things that they show off, but I believe that one day I will be able to play the cool e3 video games!!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope Nintendo has something up their sleeve. Maybe a Direct right before E3. I'm hype for Zelda though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wish E3 wasn't a live show with dummies trying to hype up a crowd and it was just "annual video game trailer day".

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

the people excited anout it are excited because all u do is just exploroe actuwlly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good for them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

this looks a lot less piss-covered than the Steam screenshots

heres a dog

http://i.imgur.com/Qg7g0pC.gifv

This is a good quality dog.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

This is a good quality dog.

he seems very "cool"

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im late to the doom party but doom is fun, im enjoying it

i love how its opening line is literally rip and tear

e: no mans sky looks ok but i will probably not ever play it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What's happening with NMS? I thought people were still all a'titter for it.

People are retards and for some reason are really mad about a game that hasn't come out yet, that they haven't actually played, and that they don't really have to play if it doesn't look like their type of game. Probably mad because it doesn't look like it will have enough epic cutscenes and no sick as hell story.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
will no man's sky have will wright at the center of its universe?

or will it be joe danger 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joe danger was cool until my save data corrupted and everything got wiped

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
*Gets out of ship on planet that is at the center of everything*

*Camera zooms out*

*You're joe danger*

Joe Danger's Sky

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all ive wantned from NMS is all its promised: a big universe to explore and look at.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

People are retards and for some reason are really mad about a game that hasn't come out yet, that they haven't actually played, and that they don't really have to play if it doesn't look like their type of game. Probably mad because it doesn't look like it will have enough epic cutscenes and no sick as hell story.

No need to even play it for yourself whenyou can watch hype men Sony paid to promote NMS get bored in real time while Sean Murray rambles about maths for 20 minutes in every preview video. That's entertaining enough but regrettably won't be a part of the main game.

And yes, Doom is good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wanna play Doom on the Wii U.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

The only thing I don't like about e3 is that I won't be able to afford any of the cool things that they show off, but I believe that one day I will be able to play the cool e3 video games!!
they'll be :20bux: by the Black Friday after next

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

they'll be :20bux: by the Black Friday after next

I hope so, and I hope that I will have the :20bux: to spend at that time

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope so, and I hope that I will have the :20bux: to spend at that time
actually i guess i should say the one after next after whatever arbitrary date they actually release but :effort:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ys origin is insanely good holy poo poo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Is that Doom 64?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I started a new game of Skyrim for no drat good reason yesterday.

Every 10 months or so, I get a weird itch to play Skyrim. I roll a new character, experience surprise because I'd forgotten how lovely all the hairstyles look in the interim, and just kind of organically play the game without trying to speed-run it. Of course, I also have like a billion mods installed. It's like the shortest nostalgia cycle I can think of in my life.

Anyway, I'm not sure what got broken, because I don't have any mods governing physics, but about 2/3 of the shops and inns I've walked into so far have high-velocity clutter ricocheting around in one or more rooms. I got beaned by goblet or something that did enough damage to kill me at one point :v:

Also, at one point the game started spawning wolves up in the sky, so it was just raining wolves that died upon hitting the ground. I wonder if the new version of SKSE is broken, or something.

edit: Googling has revealed that it's probably because the framerate is way too high when I play this on a GTX 980. Luckily, for the same reason, I can probably turn on vsync and not get stutters.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 16, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, all of Bethesda's poo poo utterly freaks out if you go over 60 fps

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, all of Bethesda's poo poo utterly freaks out if you go over 60 fps

The bear in the tutorial dungeon never spawned in :v:
In retrospect it's probably because the game spawned it outside the cave mesh or something because of my obscene framerate. Shine on, Bethesda.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lets hang out posted:

ys origin is insanely good holy poo poo

F yeah it is.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

That's one hosed up dick

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

No need to even play it for yourself whenyou can watch hype men Sony paid to promote NMS get bored in real time while Sean Murray rambles about maths for 20 minutes in every preview video. That's entertaining enough but regrettably won't be a part of the main game.

And yes, Doom is good.

The NMS thread mostly sucks because you rephrase/repost this just about every page in it. "Blahblahblah maths! Ain't I just the most darling poster?!", rather than just investing your time in a game that you may actually play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I started playing that Shadow Warrior from a couple years ago last night. That game rules. I found a couple of bunnies banging in the forest and discovered if you kill one of them the other one turns into a demon bunny and starts warping all over the place trying to eat your face while screamo metal plays in the background

• Locked thread