Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This was legit the best DBS episode so far. Pan is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

pik_d posted:

I do wonder if they don't age so that they still look like their toys versions being sold.

Reminder that Goku looked like Goten until he was like 16.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gohan aged normally and so did (future) trunks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

Reminder that Goku looked like Goten until he was like 16.

goku was chubbier

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gotens kind of a freak of nature compared to kid goku

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the goten+trunks action figures are really buff

gt goku is built like hulk hogan and has as much spray tan

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
DBSlice Of Life is great. This show is so great. I keep saying this over and over. But I've been rewatching DBZ (english dub, japanese soundtrack, because switch it up a bit, and also it's the default audio for the files i have). I've mostly been skipping past the fights because I just wanna see characters emote and talk to each other. I've mostly started from the Adult Gohan arc (tourney + majin buu)

DBZ has so many pregnant pauses tho. I'm like, "Why isn't there more dialogue, this is wasting valuable time I should be showering or eating food".

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

I've mostly been skipping past the fights because I just wanna see characters emote and talk to each other. I've mostly started from the Adult Gohan arc (tourney + majin buu)

jesus loving christ

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lupus Rufus posted:

DBSlice Of Life is great. This show is so great. I keep saying this over and over. But I've been rewatching DBZ (english dub, japanese soundtrack, because switch it up a bit, and also it's the default audio for the files i have). I've mostly been skipping past the fights because I just wanna see characters emote and talk to each other. I've mostly started from the Adult Gohan arc (tourney + majin buu)

DBZ has so many pregnant pauses tho. I'm like, "Why isn't there more dialogue, this is wasting valuable time I should be showering or eating food".

That arc was where everyone stopped giving a poo poo and most fights were filled out with the same 3 second punch and kick exchange looped over and over. I know they did that throughout the series, but I remember it being really gratuitous in the Goku/Majin Vegeta fight.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Lupus Rufus posted:

These no fighting episodes are awesome, but I wouldn't really call them slice of life seeing as there's nothing mundane or realistic about any of them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A granddad looking after his granddaughter is as mundane and realistic plot outline as you'll ever see.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

A granddaughter with superpowers who gets kidnapped by a blue imp and a ninja-dog and an assassin - all who were turned into children by magical wishing spheres that summon a dragon - and they flew away into space in their attack mech.

Reminds me of the good old days..

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

all who were turned into children by magical wishing spheres

When did this actually happen? I know they were children at the beginning of Super; did I miss a movie or a special or something?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

When did this actually happen? I know they were children at the beginning of Super; did I miss a movie or a special or something?

they mention it at the beginning of BoG.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It was all off camera. They finally got their wish and wished for their youth for some reason instead of world domination or to become billionaires when they could have just gotten the Dragon Balls back after another year or so.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

sharktamer posted:

These no fighting episodes are awesome, but I wouldn't really call them slice of life seeing as there's nothing mundane or realistic about any of them.

They're slices of Goku's life.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

A realistic slice of Goku's life would just be his gravestone because he would've died from some disease he got from the river after his grandpa died when he was like 7

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kild posted:

A realistic slice of Goku's life would just be his gravestone because he would've died from some disease he got from the river after his grandpa died when he was like 7

Who setup the gravestone?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pik_d posted:

Who setup the gravestone?

rADITZ

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Goku's character seems a lot different in Super than he was in Z. Yeah, I know his being less playful has a lot to do with the English dub, but it still seems like they downplayed that a lot since there was so much poo poo going on with the fate of the world. In Super he's actually pretty entertaining instead of the plot just being about him training.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, he's also actually around more. In DBZ he spends most of the series out of commission or fighting someone. Super lets him breathe more.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It is weird after watching mostly the dub my entire life to watching it subbed and the tonal difference I get between the two throws me off at times.

The dub with its voice acting and music is so much more serious

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What I don't get is why when their house gets destroyed they don't just call up Bulma and ask for a capsule house or something.. He's the savior of the universe, Bulma is a billionaire.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

New Leaf posted:

What I don't get is why when their house gets destroyed they don't just call up Bulma and ask for a capsule house or something.. He's the savior of the universe, Bulma is a billionaire.

Because they want their old house, duh. Plus Goku is a multi-millionaire and Chichi is a princess.

Man, DBZ characters are the 1%.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

New Leaf posted:

Good excuse to hang with the new grandkid, and it's not like they aren't effectively being bankrolled by the second richest person anyways.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
ChiChi wants something to force Goku to be around, and so far having to have a job to provide for the family is the only thing that kind of gets him to not immediately run off to train. So she lies and says they're broke so he has to go be a dirt farmer.

If she was smart she'd round up the dragon balls and wish for the most intense training facility in the universe to be built in their back yard

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

deep space nein posted:

ChiChi wants something to force Goku to be around, and so far having to have a job to provide for the family is the only thing that kind of gets him to not immediately run off to train. So she lies and says they're broke so he has to go be a dirt farmer.

If she was smart she'd round up the dragon balls and wish for the most intense training facility in the universe to be built in their back yard

To be fair she also wants Goku to stop playing videogames doing punchman things because it sets a bad example for their children and is immature.

Maybe she should set up a match between him and Guile.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Meanwhile, in news:

Project Fusion shows off some of its previously revealed Fusions while also hinting at some of the characters it'll include: http://dbpf.bn-ent.net/system/

Furthermore, looks like there might be a Xenoverse sequel coming: http://www.flythroughtime.com/us/

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

He invaded their home and called her tits saggy an hour ago.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

It was all off camera. They finally got their wish and wished for their youth for some reason instead of world domination or to become billionaires when they could have just gotten the Dragon Balls back after another year or so.

Seems like an odd choice to have that happen off camera. Pilaf trying to find the Dragonballs is like the oldest recurring storyline in all of Dragonball, to have the scene where he finally gets to make a wish happen as an offhand comment is weird. Like, I imagined that his wish was foiled once again or something and that why hes a kid (like when he turned Goku into a kid in GT), but come on at least show it! I want to see him getting foiled, not just hear about it.

Maybe the modern Dragonball fan just doesn't care about poor Emperor Pilafs character development :(

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 16, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Seems like an odd choice to have that happen off camera. Pilaf trying to find the Dragonballs is like the oldest recurring storyline in all of Dragonball, to have the scene where he finally gets to make a wish happen as an offhand comment is weird. Like, I imagined that his wish was foiled once again or something and that why hes a kid (like when he turned Goku into a kid in GT), but come on at least show it! I want to see him getting foiled, not just hear about it.

Maybe the modern Dragonball fan just doesn't care about poor Emperor Pilafs character development :(

he gets foiled in return of f.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

Furthermore, looks like there might be a Xenoverse sequel coming: http://www.flythroughtime.com/us/
So whatever this game is, it looks like might be covering some classic Dragon Ball stuff? I see images from the 21st Tournament and Path to Power.

Also Bio-Broly and Dead Zone.

EDIT: Also apparently the boxart to the Budokai HD Collection and Attack of the Saiyans?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 16, 2016

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Wild speculation GO

Calling it now. Legendary Super Saiyan Blue Brolly vs Red Ribbon Wheelo

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The images change when you click on others. I've only gotten two to change into what looks like a city being rained on. Looked like something out of the Trunks special

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bring on the Piccolo vs Red Ribbon Army arc.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh hey, this is cool as hell. Goku vs Hit, recreated on Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko54svKIqcs

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That game was so good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gHLCQyGrk4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh hey, this is cool as hell. Goku vs Hit, recreated on Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko54svKIqcs

The modders for this game are a talented bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
http://www.flythroughtime.com/us/

please be xenoverse 2

• Locked thread