Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bitcoin bastard posted:

thanks to cold war 2 putin boogaloo, its not racist to hate slavs

the india/pakistan red splotch is because of india/pakistan

Pakistan is blue on that map, and also racially the same as most of India. One arguably good thing about hardcore Islam is that it makes people mostly disregard race. The Arab peninsula is a notable exception because they have a weird and certainly un-Islamic concept of Arab superiority, largely fueled by their large-scale import of slave labor.

Of course, if it was "people of another religion," particularly non-Abrahamic ones, you'd need to reinvent the colour red to create a new hue deep enough to document the firey vitriol of average Pakistanis.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Just look up a few posts, and you'll see how white people are also responsible for India's racism.
durrrrrr what is history, ethnology and not being a loving moron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Re: the olympics, what are bookies paying back on at least one death being televised live?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of the black player who responded by eating the thrown banana.
i think it was dani alves

to really drive the point home, hes a light skinned blue eyed afro-brazilian but he still gets bananas thrown at him

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Americans threw bananas at David Beckham.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

DrWrestling69 posted:

Americans threw bananas at David Beckham.

It was the best chance they had to try and get him to feed his emaciated wife.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheIllestVillain posted:

i think it was dani alves

to really drive the point home, hes a light skinned blue eyed afro-brazilian but he still gets bananas thrown at him

I'd throw my banana at him, if you know what I mean

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

PostNouveau posted:

Are you sure? Their celebrity chefs are actually celebrities over there. "Big Brother" contestants are legitimate stars in England.

Next we'll be voting for them to run the country!

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
As always, the Taiwanese are all over it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

PostNouveau posted:

Are you sure? Their celebrity chefs are actually celebrities over there. "Big Brother" contestants are legitimate stars in England.

I think it's based on some weird personal connections secret society poo poo involving sex with animals and pedophilia

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

I think it's based on some weird personal connections secret society poo poo involving sex with animals and pedophilia

I thought that was the government

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

also i'm gonna call john "J/O" from now on, thanks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

I thought that was the government

any remotely prestigious job in british society requires that you diddle a kid or two first, so they know you are one of them and not some lowly prole who doesnt even molest children.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomodoWagon posted:

un-Islamic concept of Arab superiority,

hahahahahahaha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

popewiles posted:

The reason why it seems that the USA is "more racist" is that many other countries don't have to confront racism in the same way because they are much more heterogeneous. Just because one never meets any black people to be directly racist towards doesn't mean that person doesn't hold horrendous views about them.

Edit: mixed up heterogeneous and homogeneous because I'm a big dummy

it's Europe that is wildly racist but you just don't see it that much because there aren't typically all that many black people. I went through a village in Austria with my black friend though and all the village kids ran outside and ran around us in circles pointing and going 'Negro Negro Negro!' (or whatever the Austrian equivalent was).

the USA is way more heterogeneous than many other countries and especially European ones. Just go there and ask around you'll get all kinds of 'well I'm not racist but I just think people of their own kind should stick together and not intermarry you know?' opinions offered earnestly.

Last time I was in Bulgaria they had 'Little friend of the family' chocolate cookies on the shelves (in Bulgarian obv so: Negercheta) with the mascot on the front being a literal black kid caricature out of 1800 complete with big lips and hobo stick over the shoulder.

Hell Europe is racist towards other white people for not being white enough, and not just in a joking 'haha Slavs aren't white' way.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 16, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Olewithmilk posted:

Next we'll be voting for them to run the country!

way ahead of you

Brazil already has politicians from big brother, and one of the most vocal left wing reps in the upper house is an ex big brother contestant

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its also unfortunate that Brazil never applied to change their ISO country name to the more accurate pronunciation of "Braziw", letting slip the chance to phonetically inflict their tonguey, throaty language on a world trained to drag out that last L.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Last time I was in Bulgaria they had 'Little friend of the family' chocolate cookies on the shelves (in Bulgarian obv so: Negercheta) with the mascot on the front being a literal black kid caricature out of 1800 complete with big lips and hobo stick over the shoulder.

A baker used to sell those until the local retard blm crew sued, won, and then not won any more lol

They're still on sale because who cares

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but I'm talking about a factory made packaged product on supermarket aisles labeled 'Little Niggers'

if you don't think Europe is more racist than the USA then explain gypsies.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it's not offensive in bulgarian, they don't even use the correct alphabet.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but I'm talking about a factory made packaged product on supermarket aisles labeled 'Little Niggers'

Hmm yes, food for thought, in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics thread

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

A gypsy pulled a gun to my face and threaten to kill me because I took a picture near his camp while the rest of them laughed around, gently caress them

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

Maybe it's not offensive in bulgarian, they don't even use the correct alphabet.

I'm Bulgarian and I'm telling you I had to stop and actually laugh out loud at how blatantly racist it was

it's only not offensive to them because there are maybe 2 black people in the entire country which is what my point was originally (Europe is homogeneous so you don't see the racism as often but it is definitely there)

A gypsy pulled a gun to my face and threaten to kill me because I took a picture near his camp while the rest of them laughed around, gently caress them

lol I doubt you're telling us the whole story here and even if you are that proves nothing other than 'oppressed poor people are not polite to tourists taking photos of their slums.'

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

guns are illegal in Europe.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

boom boom boom posted:

guns are illegal in Europe.

Gun is a slang term for the Magnum ice cream bars sold on every single street in Europe and whose omnipresent spokesman Benico Del Toro looks down from every one out of four JC Decaux-owned billboards.

Seriously those things were all inescapable.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

This is a lie because gun control works and europe is a nonviolent utopia

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We have to resort to bananas because we can't just shoot them like in the US.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

I'm Bulgarian and I'm telling you I had to stop and actually laugh out loud at how blatantly racist it was

it's only not offensive to them because there are maybe 2 black people in the entire country which is what my point was originally (Europe is homogeneous so you don't see the racism as often but it is definitely there)

lol I doubt you're telling us the whole story here and even if you are that proves nothing other than 'oppressed poor people are not polite to tourists taking photos of their slums.'

I took a picture of a building, their camp was on the other side. One of the kids called one of the other assholes, he pointed a gun between my eyes and told me he'd kill me.
You're right though he also kicked the side of my car.

And "tourist" gently caress you, I live there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gypsies are just regular people who were raised to become incredibly awful in every way. you must respect their culture.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phlegmish posted:

Hmm yes, food for thought, in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics thread

its almost like he wants this thread derailed into the gas chamber

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I took a picture of a building, their camp was on the other side. One of the kids called one of the other assholes, he pointed a gun between my eyes and told me he'd kill me.
You're right though he also kicked the side of my car.

And "tourist" gently caress you, I live there.

see, you're not telling us what happened before you pulled your camera out to take photos of the gypsies which I find suspicious tbh

yeah they can be vicious assholes but usually not without reason

the fact that you aren't a tourist makes it even more eyebrow raising, why are you even taking a photo then? For internet meme purposes? Surely you know what they look like.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nor does that prove poo poo about anything, it's typical Euro racism to go 'one time one person did something hosed up to me therefore THE ENTIRE RACE is like that make them leave so I can live in my pureblood community.'

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I asked in D&D about "gypsies" vs "roma" vs "travellers" and even D&D posters admitted there's no way to refer to gypsies that won't piss at least some of them off.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I'll take gypsie tolerance lessons from a bulgarian lol

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Moridin920 posted:

see, you're not telling us what happened before you pulled your camera out to take photos of the gypsies which I find suspicious tbh

yeah they can be vicious assholes but usually not without reason

the fact that you aren't a tourist makes it even more eyebrow raising, why are you even taking a photo then? For internet meme purposes? Surely you know what they look like.

H esaid he took a picture of a building. I take pictures of buildings in city where I live some times, it doesn't mean I'm racist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
D&D posters are idiots and idk what that is supposed to prove either. They are a widely varied group of people across an entire continent, no poo poo there's no single term you can use to group them all together that will describe them accurately. "European" isn't even really a good descriptor, it's just convenient.

boom boom boom posted:

H esaid he took a picture of a building. I take pictures of buildings in city where I live some times, it doesn't mean I'm racist

Yeah you probably don't go to the poorest section of town and find some minorities hanging out to snap photos of while grinning like a retard either though, I'm guessing.

Go to Compton and try to photograph some gangbangers and see what happens. Doesn't mean all black people are bad.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
oh my god shut up

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
all of you