Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

For Answer is real good.

Hell yeah my man. FA kicks rear end. Probably my favorite mecha game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Some chibese website (ggn I think) asked Miyazaki about demons souls HD and (assuming the translation is correct) he said "we are moving on from souls to a new IP" sorry everyone

Edit I should include the whole thing

"Currently there are no plans to revisit the series. We are moving on from souls to a new IP. If one of my developers comes to me, say 3 or 4 years from now and says, "Please let me make a new dark souls," well, that is something I would have to consider."

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 14, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Micolash is the only boss in all of souls that I feel has too big of a health bar

i never thought he had a big health bar. hes really easy at any rate.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Benny D posted:

Some chibese website (ggn I think) asked Miyazaki about demons souls HD and (assuming the translation is correct) he said "we are moving on from souls to a new IP" sorry everyone

Edit I should include the whole thing

"Currently there are no plans to revisit the series. We are moving on from souls to a new IP. If one of my developers comes to me, say 3 or 4 years from now and says, "Please let me make a new dark souls," well, that is something I would have to consider."

good. i'm sick of the medieval setting. let's see some egyptian souls or a new mecha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i never thought he had a big health bar. hes really easy at any rate.

i just wish his second phase would pop at like 75% or something, just because i enjoy that part more.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

good. i'm sick of the medieval setting. let's see some egyptian souls or a new mecha

He keeps stressing "new ip" so I doubt it's gonna be another armored core, he's also said in the past that their are significant barriers involved WRT the core ip so I think it's gonna be something totally new

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

At e3 2017 we could realistically see teasers for brand new IPs from both hidetaka Miyazaki and hideo kojima

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

At e3 2017 we could realistically see teasers for brand new IPs from both hidetaka Miyazaki and hideo kojima

I bet we see them at e3 2016.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it'd be cool to see a tenchu game made with miyazaki at the helm

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I bet we see them at e3 2016.

Idk kojipro still has a shitload of job openings posted on their site but the man does love to make trailers

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious loyall X posted:

i shot mikolash over and over with double pistol and ash instead of fighting him for real. owned idiot.

He just ran around the entire time for me.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I would like a soulsborne game in a tropical setting.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Benny D posted:

He keeps stressing "new ip" so I doubt it's gonna be another armored core, he's also said in the past that their are significant barriers involved WRT the core ip so I think it's gonna be something totally new

What are these barriers?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ubisft published for answer so mybe something with that? or somethng with sony? idk

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

What are these barriers?

Someone posted an interview excerpt in the thread for 3 where he said the publisher situation is messy or something (I'm only half remembering it), I guess it would have to go through Ubisoft but Miyazaki only really works with BN and Sony, I'm assuming it's because they leave him alone but I'm just speculating

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

it'd be cool to see a tenchu game made with miyazaki at the helm

Id like to see hidetaka miyazakis balls

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Are video games the only medium where people say "id love to see (beloved designer) take on (beloved franchise)"? I mean I guess this kinda happens with movies but you never hear people say "wow this painter is great I hope he does a monet next"

I enjoy sequels and new takes but I really want miyazKi to just make an entirely new game. The first release will be cool but kinda janky like demons and establish an idea that will get better with every iteration

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Benny D posted:

Are video games the only medium where people say "id love to see (beloved designer) take on (beloved franchise)"? I mean I guess this kinda happens with movies but you never hear people say "wow this painter is great I hope he does a monet next"

I enjoy sequels and new takes but I really want miyazKi to just make an entirely new game. The first release will be cool but kinda janky like demons and establish an idea that will get better with every iteration

Yeah, it happens in movies, too, like "I'd love to see X director make a Y franchise movie" sorts of things.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Id love to see Hideaki Anno make a Godzilla movie

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

well, tv "showrunners" have been matched up to properties lately, with bryan fullers take on hannibal leading into an adaptation of american gods, and in movies you have people excited for ryan coogler's take on black panther, or paul feig's ghostbusters. comic book authors are constantly swapping heroes, and prose writers have been taking over for dead authors for some time (see: sherlock holmes, lovecraft mythos, ringworld.) in the end, illustration might be the only medium immune to this because of its fleeting nature compared to literature, but then again how many artists have painted hell, heaven, apples, and flowers?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
forgot about music. consider aerosmith's come together, johhny cash's hurt, or the easy star all stars

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I also would like to see miyazaki not rest on his laurels and make something completely new and bonkers. that said a new soulslike IP wouldn't be a bad thing

In Training posted:

Id love to see Hideaki Anno make a Godzilla movie

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Benny D posted:

getting commissioned to do a take on an established thing is super common in low- to medium-brow art & illustration

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

its common everywhere, but i agree with your sentiment. i think it does a disservice to great artists and developers when people say stuff about how developers like kojima, miyazaki etc should do a version of someone elses work. but it comes from good will so i dont mind.

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 16, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Video games and television are bot art. Film, music, literature, and the visual arts meet the technical definition 9f art by beimg entaretekunst. I hope this clarifies the siuation. Edit 8t didnt

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Muyzaki should make the adult/mature mario nisntr do needs in order tosave itswlf

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Muyzaki should make the adult/mature mario nisntr do needs in order tosave itswlf

Paper Mario Color Splash is coming this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think video games and TV are art.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Paper Mario Color Splash is coming this year.

:dogbutton:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I think video games and TV are art.

:yeah:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i dont give a poo poo whats art nd whats not because im still gonna enjoy what i enjoy regrdless of definitions

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Video games and television are bot art. Film, music, literature, and the visual arts meet the technical definition 9f art by beimg entaretekunst. I hope this clarifies the siuation. Edit 8t didnt

dark souls 1 is a gesamptkunstwerk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gesundheit

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
entartete kunst is what the nazis called all modern art and it means degenerate art so idk

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The ill mind of mysterious loyall x

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i don't know what most of the words in this page mean but i had a dream i was playing Bloodborne but i was a big robot and all my trick weapons were its arms and I could insta-switch to any weapon on the fly and I could jump really high and there was low gravity and air-combos with the whip

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

i don't know what most of the words in this page mean but i had a dream i was playing Bloodborne but i was a big robot and all my trick weapons were its arms and I could insta-switch to any weapon on the fly and I could jump really high and there was low gravity and air-combos with the whip

thats dumb

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

didn't think anyone would go for it tbqh

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh I just realized that is basically Bloodborne + metal wolf chaos fused together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i thought it was bayo 2