Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Digimon is the store brand Pokemon knock-off that you have to act excited about because your grandma bought it for you and she doesn't know any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like Goemon

did someone say that already

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
digimon is better then pokemon in a lot of ways, for instance, every girl digimon wears bondage gear

and several of the males as well

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blackheart posted:

I like Goemon

did someone say that already

I said Doraemon but nobody said anything about it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:palmon:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Jesmon

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Jesmon is a Holy Knight Digimon whose name and design are derived from the Jesuits and the legendary Jesus. It exceeded the perfection shining from the crystal in SaviorHuckmon's chest, assumed its ultimate form, and acquired the title of a "Royal Knight", the highest rank of Network Security

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
are you people just stupid, sukamon is clearly the best digimon.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Sukamon

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

are you people just stupid, sukamon is clearly the best digimon.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Sukamon

you're thinking of the closely related etamon

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ruggington posted:

you're thinking of the closely related etamon

Rock and Roll Monkey is hard to top.

Except by Chrome-plated Rock and Roll Monkey.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Veemon is my favorite Digimon and Armor Evolution is a rad idea I wish they had done more with.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Gabumon or bust. It's always been my favorite

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
my favorite Digimon is mega garchomp

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
my favorite digital monster is Porygon-Z

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
The similarities to digimon are just further evidence of Sun/Moon doing fusions.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I said Doraemon but nobody said anything about it.

There's just no respect for the classics anymore.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
All sounds pretty lovely to me

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Speaking of stuff sounding pretty lovely,

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/732305313970323456

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
PokéMongo

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Christo posted:

Question for the thread: Are there any good Pokemon clones aimed at older audiences? I don't mean all grimdark or anything, just something a bit more challenging than the usual monster catching game aimed at 6-13 year olds like Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

I wish they'd bring back hard mode, have it accessible from the start, and actually put up a proper challenge by also heavily improving the AI.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Classtoise posted:

Rock and Roll Monkey is hard to top.

Except by Chrome-plated Rock and Roll Monkey.

Oh, but we can go further beyond.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Wizardmon is another good digimon

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

im excited

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 17, 2016

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
wait a sec are you trying to cheat me again

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

I have a hard time imagining what niche fusions are supposed to fulfill. I don't find the idea offensive or anything, but I'm also not seeing what it does that mega evolutions didn't already cover. I mean, aside from a sudden increase in people drawing pokemon fursonas.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Be strong clarence. Be strong for mother.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Obligatum VII posted:

I have a hard time imagining what niche fusions are supposed to fulfill. I don't find the idea offensive or anything, but I'm also not seeing what it does that mega evolutions didn't already cover. I mean, aside from a sudden increase in people drawing pokemon fursonas.

The only things I can think of are making them apply to non-fully evolve pokemon, not requiring an item, or being based on friendship.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

I dunno if GF's decisions are entirely based on competitive niches. Fusion in children's series are just another way to convey attachment between the pet/friend surrogate and the child. It could be implemented as simply as "equip one of these special fusion items that are just life orb or insert other existing item here only fusion animations". Or it could just be an amie sort of battle boost with your buddies that's only for single player from the beginning.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
... you guys know those tweets are fake right?

like, ridiculously obviously fake.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Fuse with your best friend Pokemon and then release it to the wild after being used as a breed-sire because your eugenics program demands perfection. Kids game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

Beepindoubleyeootheitinatungutorpincheottoslurchanoobatcrowdudelett is definitely real.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

FishBulb posted:

Jesmon is a Holy Knight Digimon whose name and design are derived from the Jesuits and the legendary Jesus. It exceeded the perfection shining from the crystal in SaviorHuckmon's chest, assumed its ultimate form, and acquired the title of a "Royal Knight", the highest rank of Network Security

I'm the legendary Jesus.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Zore posted:

I was just talking bout the concept in general, the tweet is obviously a joke, yeah.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Beepindoubleyeootheitinatungutorpincheottoslurchanoobatcrowdudelett is definitely real.

I'm looking forward to S&M's increased character limit.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Holy poo poo this is digireal

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Which religion does Jesusmon practice? Who is his dad?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Killer Queen posted:

Which religion does Jesusmon practice? Who is his dad?

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Alphamon alteritively http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Yggdrasill

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I like EmperorGreymon because he looks like a Dark Souls character and Dragonfire Crossbow is like the most metal attack name ever. I also like Stingmon because he's basically a Kamen Rider and he can fuse with a dragon to become a cool bug dragon.

I also like how I came to the Pokemon thread for the first time and Digimon is the topic of conversation. I'm gonna like it here.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

sharrrk posted:

digimon is awesome, who are your favorite digimon? mine is gatomon

Beelzemon and Bancho Lillymon because she's a boss. Leather clad anarchist monsters 4 lyfe.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I'm trying to see all the pokemon in the Hoenn pokedex in Omega Ruby.

How the heck am I supposed to see Latias and Kyogre?

• Locked thread