Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Scarf posted:

I can't stop buying early 90s hip-hop on vinyl send help

This was my first ever cd, because anyone still buying vinyl when this came out was a weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

itsrobbiej posted:

The garage is HUUUUGE

What's the discolouration on the insulation? Dust/Weird Lighting/Mold?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I've had Android phones since the T-Mobile G1 in 2008. My Nexus 5 is getting real long in the tooth so I bought a new phone on a whim.

Worst case scenario it was only $500 so if I hate it I'll buy an edge. I like the iPad my wife bought, so should be fine.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Bought entry into my first autocross event. Hosted by Porsche Club of America in Hershey PA this morning. Boy was I slow but it was fun as hell and I learned a lot.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

TheFonz posted:

I've had Android phones since the T-Mobile G1 in 2008. My Nexus 5 is getting real long in the tooth so I bought a new phone on a whim.

Worst case scenario it was only $500 so if I hate it I'll buy an edge. I like the iPad my wife bought, so should be fine.

Must be nice to not give a gently caress about $500

travisray2004 has a new favorite as of 01:30 on May 16, 2016

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Night Danger Moose posted:

Bought entry into my first autocross event. Hosted by Porsche Club of America in Hershey PA this morning. Boy was I slow but it was fun as hell and I learned a lot.

Did you drive it in a Delorean going 88mph?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got a metric asston of 45's:

Saw em at the swap meet. It was too many to go through, and they were packed too tight, so I jokingly asked how much for the whole box.
They said 35, I offered 30, they took it. I pulled a few out, and found Johnny Cash and Bing Crosby, so it looks promising. Seems to have a very wide variety of record labels and eras.
Though it's going to take a shitload of time looking them all up, cleaning them, play testing them, and photographing and listing ones that are worth something. But it's a task I enjoy.
Even if all of them are worth nothing, i'd be glad just to have em. Or maybe repurpose them into some funky DIY pinterest project. Sell em to someone who just got a jukebox.

...and the couple who sold me the records, sold me this:

Being a Doom fan since when you had to type DOS commands to start games, I had to get

I like how they made it old school, instead of turning it into Halo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The multiplayer is Halo.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I bought a car

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought iron for my blood and fiber for my butt.

Ugh, also some Korean scrubby pads to slough off all the disgusting skin from my perfect skeleton body.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

travisray2004 posted:

Must be nice to not give a gently caress about $500

PCOS Bill is on Probation and I worried the thread was missing a certain "something".

edit: >Insert "Millennial Rant 009"

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

couldcareless posted:

I bought a car

No, you bought a great car.

If and only if you got the 6-speed.

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 05:06 on May 16, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TheFonz posted:

PCOS Bill is on Probation and I worried the thread was missing a certain "something".

Just enjoy the quiet.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

AnimalChin posted:

A freakin MEN.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

AnimalChin posted:

No, you bought a great car.

gently caress I'll second that. I test drove the automatic and it sucked a lot. I ended up not buying a VW from that guy because he couldn't drive standard and wouldn't have been able to get a car I wanted from back behind the dealership.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

strangemusic posted:

They're pretty lame for fighting games. I have some spare/old Sanwa parts in my bin and I will very likely convert these to square gate ASAP.

And yet I much prefer them for fighters, loads smoother. They snap easier into movements for me, flick of the wrist dragon punches for days. :v:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

couldcareless posted:

I bought a car

Right about to sell mine, but mine is almost 10 years old now (bought it new). Great car, it has been well worth the money :)

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

TheFonz posted:

He's probably already drafted a reply:

quote:

Lol if you give a gently caress about 500 bucks.

I firmly believe if you save you can get 500 bucks too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Daimo posted:

PCOS Bill alt spotted.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Daimo posted:

https://www.youneedabudget.com will change his life

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

That printer owns bones. Do yourself a favor and sign up for newegg's email deals, because 3rd-party toner for it goes on sale regularly. I picked up a two-pack of high-capacity carts for $15 with free shipping last year :dance:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
we can just quote from the time i posted about my plane

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or agreeing with me but I stand by what I said. It may not come today, it may not come tomorrow, but you can attain your goals if you work toward them, sacrifice the now for the later, and don't give up. Do you need that extra $3 bag of candy or would you rather be at $39,997 left toward your $40,000 goal? Cut out the little things you don't need, and over time you'll cut out your desire for them.

Or you can bitch and moan on the internet that you don't have <Big Goal Item> and it's not fair someone else has one, your call!

PCOS Bill posted:

This is why my generation has no faith in Gen Y.

nerox posted:

Woman: Do you drink beer?
Man: Yes
Woman: How many beers a day?
Man: Usually about 3
Woman: How much do you pay per beer?
Man: $5.00 which includes a tip
Woman: And how long have you been drinking?
Man: About 20 years, I suppose
Woman: So a beer costs $5 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at $450. In one year, it would be approximately $5400 correct?
Man: Correct
Woman: If in 1 year you spend $5400, not accounting for inflation, the past 20 years puts your spending at $108,000, correct?
Man: Correct
Woman: Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?
Man: Do you drink beer?
Woman: No
Man: What color is your Ferrari?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

88h88 posted:

And yet I much prefer them for fighters, loads smoother. They snap easier into movements for me, flick of the wrist dragon punches for days. :v:

Different shoryukens for different broryukens I guess.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

strangemusic posted:

They're pretty lame for fighting games. I have some spare/old Sanwa parts in my bin and I will very likely convert these to square gate ASAP.

:respek:

I started out with an octo gate once too, because I was young and dumb, but man, it felt so much better having a tight lock in to diagonals.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

couldcareless posted:

I bought a car

:hfive:

Pro tip: if you bought it new, the Sirius/XM satellite trial starts the day you drive it off the lot, so if you want to give it a try then do so sooner rather than later. I bought mine three months ago this Friday and so of course I have 5 days instead of three months left to try it out.

edit: I just got a PNY 128GB MicroSDXC card for $32 at Microcenter, the price is good until the end of the month. It's a U1 rated card, so good for sustained low-rate writing like video but not for a DSLR still camera in burst mode.

Oddhair has a new favorite as of 17:46 on May 16, 2016

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Oddhair posted:

:hfive:

Pro tip: if you bought it new, the Sirius/XM satellite trial starts the day you drive it off the lot, so if you want to give it a try then do so sooner rather than later. I bought mine three months ago this Friday and so of course I have 5 days instead of three months left to try it out.

Only three months? Weird. My new Fiat came with a year.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

My Focus ST came with 6 months. I think I've used it twice. Haven't found a station I really like yet, my driving music tastes are too varied for one station I think.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I also got one year with the purchase of my Jeep. After looking through a bunch of the stations that looked interesting, I still barely listen to any of them.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Sorry auto goons, I opted for the DSG because I have never learned manual and don't want to start on my first real car purchase nor do I have much of a desire to.

I'm not a big satellite radio fan, so I'll probably never use that free trial.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

couldcareless posted:

Sorry auto goons, I opted for the DSG because I have never learned manual and don't want to start on my first real car purchase nor do I have much of a desire to.

I'm not a big satellite radio fan, so I'll probably never use that free trial.

I always thought it was kinda weird that they let you take your driver's license without learning how to drive manual. Where I'm from (:sweden:) lots of people drive automatic (50%+ IIRC), but you have to be missing a leg or something for them to allow you to take the test in an automatic car.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

We were bummed when we had to get rid of our last manual transmission car before our daughter was old enough to learn on it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Totaled my car in a bad accident last Tuesday. Bought one of these today.

E: I had Sirius years ago when I delivered pizza in a shitbox Corolla. It was fantastic, but the only time I could justify it as I'd obviously be in a car for hours. Now between podcasts and Google Play Music, I just don't see the point. Also, Sirius was the absolute toughest cancel of all time. After my trial, I purposely called because I knew retention would give it to me for nothing. I got the full package & internet radio down to $25 for 6 months.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 01:22 on May 17, 2016

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Those satellite radio people won't stop bothering you for at least 6 months, by the way. Enjoy!

(Don't forget to get your stage 1 upgrade for your GTI.)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This was my first ever cd, because anyone still buying vinyl when this came out was a weirdo.
Ha, mine too. I never figured out why, of all things, my parents bought me that album. I still put some of those on in bars just to see who remembers it.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Trillest Parrot posted:

Those satellite radio people won't stop bothering you for at least 6 months, by the way. Enjoy!

Oh God, this is so true.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tim Whatley posted:

Totaled my car in a bad accident last Tuesday. Bought one of these today.

You poor thing :( This is a sign of a head injury.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Kia Souls may be common as gently caress now but they are awesome. I've got a first year 2010 Exclaim and I still love it. Yours looks like a 2012 or 2013 model which I think is the epitome of the external body styles. The 2014+ models look like someone just maxed out all the sliders in a car modeling program.

It doesn't turn heads anymore but I've had 3 people buy one after riding in mine and I think that says a lot of good things about them.

If you're looking for worthwhile upgrades, buy everything weathertech sells for it. Also I installed a trailer hitch on mine and it's great for bike racks and small trailers.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'd pick candy over an airplane any day. Sure, you can fly an airplane, but are they delicious? Probably not as tasty as a fistful of gummy bears :colbert:

Fistful? Even $40k would be an assload of gummy bears, swim in 'em like Scrooge McDuck

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Fistful? Even $40k would be an assload of gummy bears, swim in 'em like Scrooge McDuck

I once impulse bought a 10 pound bag of Haribo cola gummies on amazon and even after bringing them everywhere and trying to get my friends to eat them I only got through like 2/3 of the bag before they got inedibly stale and hard.

What I'm saying is that when buying assloads of gummy bears, it's best to pace yourself.

Uhh, for content I bought some lo mein from a takeout place I'd never been to next to the grocery. I'm hesitant to call it "good" but it was pretty much everything you'd want in chinese takeout, which I'm pretty happy about since I hadn't yet found a decent place for when I'm craving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i rented a kia soul a couple months ago and i would rent one again and maybe buy one