Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Tide posted:

So, who knows. I may throw down about three thousand in cash on the deck and see what he says.

Might just be the happiest day of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

California liberals are pretty unbearable too. California doesn't know how to have a happy medium, people are either extreme left or right. It's a sight to behold when they both meet. It usually ends up on YouTube.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

trouser chili posted:

Might just be the happiest day of his life.

And or the worst day of mine. Or at least some days down the road.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Tide posted:

And or the worst day of mine. Or at least some days down the road.

Well see you don't get to know that until years later, when you sell it to the next sucker.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

bolind posted:

It's kinda like a very early Apple TV/XBMC. Networked Media Tank I think they called them. I think mine was the C200 or C300. It was pretty cool for its time.
Right, ok, never heard of them.

Tusen Takk posted:

only in indiana are the liberals as terrible as the conservatives
They're not "liberal" in any sense, as covered by:

keykey posted:

Social justice warriors are awesome. :allears:

keykey posted:

Pretty much. I DON'T LIKE YOUR NAME! *assault* ALSO, WE'RE SUPER OPEN MINDED UNLESS YOU DISAGREE!
I heard the term "crybullies" recently, and drat, that's bang on the money for the majority of these twats.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

SJW and the pussification of America.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

InitialDave posted:

I heard the term "crybullies" recently, and drat, that's bang on the money for the majority of these twats.

Dang, that's a perfect name for them. We see a ton of that poo poo here at work. 2 things I hate more than anything working here; safe spaces and trigger words. Fortunately, none of our instructors have bought into that bullshit so they're not as bad here as our bay area counterparts. The downside is some of our counterparts are buying into the safe space trigger word bullshit because millennials are mythical creatures that need to be coddled instead of learning to be adults in the real world.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

only in indiana are the liberals as terrible as the conservatives

It gets even worse the further south you go.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

man triggers - real triggers- are not all that new age of a concept; it's just a different flavor of "don't talk to uncle jack about vietnam, it sets him off"

some people go overboard but i don't think it's all that unreasonable to go, for example, "hey I was raped as a teenager can we please not make rape jokes"

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

scuz posted:

:siren: ATTN: All Ubiquiti users :siren:

Upgrade your firmware immediately, I'll be doing so upon arrival home.

:stonk:

Thankfully I'm not using any of the affected product lines.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

scuz posted:

:siren: ATTN: All Ubiquiti users :siren:

Upgrade your firmware immediately, I'll be doing so upon arrival home.

Thanks for this. Shared with my LUG

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Enourmo posted:

man triggers - real triggers- are not all that new age of a concept; it's just a different flavor of "don't talk to uncle jack about vietnam, it sets him off"

some people go overboard but i don't think it's all that unreasonable to go, for example, "hey I was raped as a teenager can we please not make rape jokes"

I'd venture to say uncle jack also doesn't knowingly sign up for a class about Vietnam and not want to hear about it because trigger words.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:rip:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

keykey posted:

I'd venture to say uncle jack also doesn't knowingly sign up for a class about Vietnam and not want to hear about it because trigger words.

We had a Vietnam vet in one of my classes that would crouch anytime a jet came by and would be covered in sweat when he sat back down.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

...did the enemy even have jets in vietnam?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

...did the enemy even have jets in vietnam?

Yes. But American jets were not known for their accuracy in close air support.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh jeez

Poor dude :/

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
We still manage to bomb our own troops occasionally, but it happened a lot more back then.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A-10 pilots in the throes of an upper binge killed more of our soldiers in Iraq than the enemy did*.

*not checked for accuracy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

kastein posted:

We still manage to bomb our own troops occasionally, but it happened a lot more back then.

A lot of the napalm and Phosphorus bombs were basically drums with fins. Yeah, very minor accuracy

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hell, sometimes the fins were optional:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

Dang, that's a perfect name for them. We see a ton of that poo poo here at work. 2 things I hate more than anything working here; safe spaces and trigger words. Fortunately, none of our instructors have bought into that bullshit so they're not as bad here as our bay area counterparts. The downside is some of our counterparts are buying into the safe space trigger word bullshit because millennials are mythical creatures that need to be coddled instead of learning to be adults in the real world.

Millennials may be hosed up, but we were raised by you assholes.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hmm kids now a days are sensitive because their parents split up after years of petty yet explosive fighting and those same parents coddled them when they weren't bursting blood vessels in their eyes?

drat

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The whole trigger words thing is stupid tumblrina bullshit that I really wish people would stop taking seriously.

That being said, "everyone is a winner, give everyone a participation medal/ribbon/plaque" is the worst sort of mollycoddling garbage ever and should be stopped asap. Not everyone is going to be a crazy good athlete, stop trying to hug everyone and make everyone win at the same things and allow people to be different. Push kids to find what they love and are good at and then be as good as they can be at that thing. Everyone's got their thing they love and will be awesome at, but if you try to tell me "you tried" is good enough for a participation award in sports that I absolutely sucked at, I'm gonna tell you to cram it and stop flapping your dumb face at me, and then go find something I'm good at and excel at that until I'm worthy of a real medal.

*rant off*

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jill, 22, still blames herself for her parents split when she was 4 years old, and now avoids all forms of conflict because of it

Meanwhile boomers, who destroyed the economy and made it impossible for families to have only one working parent, roll their eyes and write long winded articles about the """over sensitive millennials""" as they dodge under a table when a jet flies over

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I mean I broadly agree with you TT but we don't need to throw war-induced PTSD sufferers under the bus to make a point.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

I mean I broadly agree with you TT but we don't need to throw war-induced PTSD sufferers under the bus to make a point.

I'm just pointing out that emotional trauma is emotional trauma and everyone is hosed up because of it

Not really throwing anyone under a bus, but boomers completely ignore one group while focusing and sympathizing with another

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Lol if you think baby boomers care about veterans in any capacity other than to use them as political pawns.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ExplodingSims posted:

Lol if you think baby boomers care about veterans in any capacity other than to use them as political pawns.

boomers are incapable of actually caring so in this case the quotation marks around sympathizing are inferred

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

How about dealing with people on a person by person basis and not slotting them into whatever half baked category the internet decides is a fit for them? Surprise, real personalities have more than one dimension to them! I'm not making GBS threads on anyone here, we're more balanced than most of the internet (not a high hurdle, admittedly, but there you go). Adblock all comment sections and deactivate all social media, substitute with funny animal videos.

e: Here I'll help, with a pet Corella yelling at the kids on his lawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR_gt1W2o_s

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 17, 2016

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

keykey posted:

Yeah, you're a loving rear end in a top hat. My friend was molested by her uncle and cousin when she was 8-11 and now when Rod and Tod at the office talk about how sports team x "TOTALLY RAPED" sports team y she gets to enter a private hell where she relives three years of sexual abuse.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gas

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ageism replaces racism and homophobjism. And society marches on.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I like to sit back and watch the turds fly with some of my coworkers. One guy went from "The prison system is bad and is keeping poor people poor" to "No way am I letting trannies in my bathroom" within 5 minutes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Don't worry I did enteral feedings on detainees but that doesn't trigger any emotions or anything.

Actually it doesn't but that's because I'm an rear end in a top hat but if it did I would totally understand because that's some hosed up poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

Don't worry I did enteral feedings on detainees but that doesn't trigger any emotions or anything.

Actually it doesn't but that's because I'm an rear end in a top hat but if it did I would totally understand because that's some hosed up poo poo.

:stare:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Wait poo poo I'm confused who's winning the victim game

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

Wait poo poo I'm confused who's winning the victim game

The only winner is those who dont play

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

TWSS posted:

Yeah, you're a loving rear end in a top hat. My friend was molested by her uncle and cousin when she was 8-11 and now when Rod and Tod at the office talk about how sports team x "TOTALLY RAPED" sports team y she gets to enter a private hell where she relives three years of sexual abuse.

Some people lile her are psychology majors that demand rape isn't talked about in an academic environment. It's part of the field. I'm not being an rear end in a top hat, I'm being a realist. Before you go into a major, expect that what your trigger is will be talked about in an academic environment. We're not in the business of filtering information, were in the business of preparing you for the real world.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeah, it's a zero sum game.

keykey fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

P. much.

• Locked thread