Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

What's deadtears updated space credit to forum probation exchange rate, since his ascension to power?

You actually think deadtear would take any amount of isk to free me? No no he's just a stupid poo poo eater who yells at clouds and poo poo. My probation was just up is all. I'm actually thinking about ditching my current gimmick and giving this "playing spaceships" thing a try. I've been acting really loving stupid lately and I'm even starting to get sick of myself at this point so it's time to light a match, turn the fan on and step out of the water closet for a while.

I listened to the last fireside earlier and something was said about having to not suck in order to fly stuntcats. You either die true goons or you live long enough to become elite pvp.

Man that was a good loving post about kayfabe though. My humor is lost on you goddamned cretins.

I like xolve because you can like people that play in a different guild than you -- even if that guild is pandemic legion.

I had nothing to do with Querns' giddiness over the PL welp but I am glad that he is happy. Flanders makes a good point about the strangeness of the ships that died -- I thought HBC was more elite.

Suck each others' cocks in hell, deadtear and vyst.

Namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
This thread: MBC is dying/dead/cracks showing & Our strategy is just as planned
/r/eve: Goons luv2club/never undock & Declaration of victory by TEST

Guess I'll just have to wait ten years for the next Andrew Groen "Empire of Eve Vol.10" book to actually uncover what the loving poo poo is going on in this "War".

Also, can someone give me pointers on how to run an effective gatecamp, I've never done one before and it seems like a space-fishing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Paco Vato posted:

You actually think deadtear would take any amount of isk to free me?

Wrong way around idiot

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Wrong way around idiot

I'm going to deploy Fabian strategy against your terrible posting and not give you good postfights until you either piss off or sperg yourself out and personally failure cascade.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Jegan Ace posted:

Also, can someone give me pointers on how to run an effective gatecamp, I've never done one before and it seems like a space-fishing.

For a Gatecamp you need:

Deployed Bubble or a sabre who can bubble for you.
Fast Locking Ship (If with lots of dudes) or something that can disengage if solo.
Safes (lots of safes)
Perches (lots of perches)
Cloaked eyes on the other side of the gate (you don't really want to be baited into something that then jumps the gate)
Patience

Try to avoid regional gates, as the person can land on grid in a larger variety of locations and at different distances meaning they might get away from you if you're not able to snag them.

For maximum effect, have a falcon alt cloaked if solo. If with a group, have a cyno and drop capitals on anything that tries to roll you.

erm... there's probably more and probably with a lot better advice from other dudes.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Regrettable Drunk posted:

For a Gatecamp you need:

Deployed Bubble or a sabre who can bubble for you.
Fast Locking Ship (If with lots of dudes) or something that can disengage if solo.
Safes (lots of safes)
Perches (lots of perches)
Cloaked eyes on the other side of the gate (you don't really want to be baited into something that then jumps the gate)
Patience

Try to avoid regional gates, as the person can land on grid in a larger variety of locations and at different distances meaning they might get away from you if you're not able to snag them.

For maximum effect, have a falcon alt cloaked if solo. If with a group, have a cyno and drop capitals on anything that tries to roll you.

erm... there's probably more and probably with a lot better advice from other dudes.

This is exactly what I needed, thank you sir.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Paco Vato posted:

I'm going to deploy Fabian strategy against your terrible posting and not give you good postfights until you either piss off or sperg yourself out and personally failure cascade.

Good luck, I have all the posting morale and you have none

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Good luck, I have all the posting morale and you have none

a-are you declaring victory?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

evilweasel posted:

There's really only one way to get good at grabbing opportunities like this, and that's grabbing at them and learning from your mistakes. I don't get why you'd think it was depressing, didn't work out but it was a good shot at it.

Isn't it nice to be validated within a matter of a few hours?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Xolve posted:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

When am I not

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Nunes posted:

Sorry for not being clear before. I am talking in the frame of the similar type of activity. For example, If I were to look at a Wormhole PVP corp, they all pretty much say the same things, the only real difference I see is what time they are most active. I am also noticing similar things in FW corps (Minus the faction they represent) as well as Null corps (separating sov and non-sov null of course). I guess what I am really having trouble with is figuring out if I would fit into a group culturally or not. I don't want to waste people's time if I can figure out if I would be a fit or not before joining.

As far as what activity I am looking for, I want to get more into PVP things. I spent too much time doing PVE things and as a direct result. I am absolute garbage at PVP. Beyond that, I am not married to any other particular details. Every type of space presents a unique set of dangers and challenges that I can enjoy.

Join any Corp that looks halfway interesting. If they turn out to be awful steal everything not nailed down and find a new one :)

Somehow I feel like the parallels between Bush's mission accomplished and TEST's are lost on them

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Who are Test in the coalition of the willing of 2003 cuz they sure as gently caress aren't the US. Maybe Poland.

Also the imperium still has it's WMD and in Iraq they didn't find any. gently caress it I can't believe anyone would associate with that photo op willingly ever.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Somehow I feel like the parallels between Bush's mission accomplished and TEST's are lost on them

Really? You think that anyone in the western hemisphere thinks that Bush's "Mission Accomplished" can be used in any non-ironic fashion? Because if so, then they're maybe not the dummy here.

4th Horseman posted:

gently caress it I can't believe anyone would associate with that photo op willingly ever.

And yet apparently you do.

I mean ffs I used the same image in a war update when we left Delve early on whichever invasion that was (Delve 4? There were so many).

Endie fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 17, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jegan Ace posted:

This thread: MBC is dying/dead/cracks showing & Our strategy is just as planned
/r/eve: Goons luv2club/never undock & Declaration of victory by TEST

Guess I'll just have to wait ten years for the next Andrew Groen "Empire of Eve Vol.10" book to actually uncover what the loving poo poo is going on in this "War".

I'm not in a group on either side, but the truth seems to lie somewhere in between. The various remaining MBC groups are squating in the Imperium lands up north after booting them out. They are largely declaring victory and trying to get settled in to make it a new home. PL and NC. are sitting with their supers and titans meaning they currently can win any escalation.

GSF are in saranen and using it as a base to strike back against the various alliances with a number of different strategies and fleets. They're using swordfleets and clownshoes to contest sov while using stratios blopsing to attack ratters and cane fleets to suicide into valuable objectives like enemy cap sleets.

The remanents of the mbc are now faced with the prospect of fighting a defensive war with the same sov mechanics against pissed off hordes of imperium players doing the exact type of warfare they have shown to excell at again and again over their history. In short, GSF is in a hard spot, but its far from a new situation for them. The next few month should honestly prove interesting. If GSF can keep up their growing momentum, they'll be able to take back a ton of territory.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
I was the first dread to die. The call to siege dreads was not the right one as we were blapping just fine without it.

Probably should have just gone to bed but it was fun till I popped, and at least I insured it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Paco Vato that long post at the top of this page is very close to probation worthy. Please simmer down friend. This is just a game of mining and space ships and amazing planets and beautiful stars and glittering asteroid fields and stunning views across the vastness of existence.

Please try to remember this as I do.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Paco Vato that long post at the top of this page is very close to probation worthy. Please simmer down friend. This is just a game of mining and space ships and amazing planets and beautiful stars and glittering asteroid fields and stunning views across the vastness of existence.

Please try to remember this as I do.

I will buy you your first Exhumer if you probate paco. I might even bling fit it.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Seems to me that HAW dreads are not very good for this situation.
They don't have much dps compared to battleships, can't be repped and can be killed quickly enough.
With such number you're supposed to have enough support ships to be worth using the big guns.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oodles posted:

I will buy you your first Exhumer if you probate paco. I might even bling fit it.

I'll buy VG a boosting Orca and a character to fly it in exchange for banning him.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Krogort posted:

Seems to me that HAW dreads are not very good for this situation.
They don't have much dps compared to battleships, can't be repped and can be killed quickly enough.
With such number you're supposed to have enough support ships to be worth using the big guns.

I think we'd have done better if we were buffer fit, or dropped at scorch optimal range instead of at 0.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

the number of non-HAW dreads that got dropped by hostiles leaves me with a quandary

to me that says either one of two things

A) hostiles were panicked and dropped literally anything anyone had online
2) hostiles unironically thought we were going to instigate b-r5 2.0 and wanted to be on grid in anti-capital ships "just in case"

option 2 has that shameful ping to pandemic horde backing it up but i still can't decide which is better

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Glory of Arioch posted:

the number of non-HAW dreads that got dropped by hostiles leaves me with a quandary

to me that says either one of two things

A) hostiles were panicked and dropped literally anything anyone had online
2) hostiles unironically thought we were going to instigate b-r5 2.0 and wanted to be on grid in anti-capital ships "just in case"

option 2 has that shameful ping to pandemic horde backing it up but i still can't decide which is better

It's more like some people still haven't bothered upgrading their poo poo (lazy/useless) but smelled dank frags and thought we wouldn't eat poo poo and no one would be the wiser as to how bad they were.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dragonstalking posted:

It's more like some people still haven't bothered upgrading their poo poo (lazy/useless) but smelled dank frags and thought we wouldn't eat poo poo and no one would be the wiser as to how bad they were.

ah yes, valued allies

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

This is just a game of
mining and
space ships and
amazing planets and
beautiful stars and
glittering asteroid fields and
stunning views across the vastness of existence.

In that order!

VideoGames I was going to join you for the mining but then I needed to rearrange myself into a different configuration for doing black ops stuff and also joined Goonwaffe with the rest of my characters. I miss you

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Endie posted:

Really? You think that anyone in the western hemisphere thinks that Bush's "Mission Accomplished" can be used in any non-ironic fashion? Because if so, then they're maybe not the dummy here.

And yet apparently you do.

I mean ffs I used the same image in a war update when we left Delve early on whichever invasion that was (Delve 4? There were so many).

I'm sorry, I didn't know, I started eve right after c02 flipped.

If it's just for internal dissemination I'm not sure why they'd use an ironic image about a war turned quagmire. If it's meant to be a joke it doesn't fit into the overall MBC narrative that goons are beaten(even before today's fights)

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Glory of Arioch posted:

ah yes, valued allies

Who said anything about valued allies, I'm talking PL.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

Who said anything about valued allies, I'm talking PL.

Are you saying you think all corps in PL are on equal footing no matter what and there's no concentrations of stupidity along corp lines in PL?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Are you saying you think all corps in PL are on equal footing no matter what and there's no concentrations of stupidity along corp lines in PL?
Depends. What's the distribution of SA posters in PL

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Command destroyers are pretty fun, even if I mostly use them to teleport friendlies instead of enemies.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Blazing Zero posted:

do you think anyone will write a book about how goons let pl go in this fashion post B-R and how they now are endlessly curbstomping goons? id read a chapter of a book about this

You were saying?

YouTuber posted:

You never could have stopped them from leaving in the first place, PL is quite willing to just gently caress off and play another game for a week or two.

So would you call that a... Fabian strategy?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I have no loving idea how you gleaned that line of thought from what I said. Did you even read this conversation before vomiting out that lovely reply?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

YouTuber posted:

You never could have stopped them from leaving in the first place, PL is quite willing to just gently caress off and play another game for a week or two.

When working with fozzie sov this means you lose your space.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

postscript to last night's saranen slaughter -- a literal tantrum occurred in the d2-hos pocket as viola chair and manny brought hackers to blanket the constellation

then they got lyris'd

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?...0,1520,80&t=eae

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

a 40 year old man posted:

luv2club

What did he mean by this?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also https://zkillboard.com/kill/54051757/ no stop you idiot that is not how you clownshoe

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey guys I just want to say that if you haven't tried Vicodin before I'd highly recommend it. This is my first foray with the miracle drug and I'm in a pretty good mood.

Anyway, in EVE related news that TEST Baghdad Bob broadcast was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vyst posted:

Hey guys I just want to say that if you haven't tried Vicodin before I'd highly recommend it. This is my first foray with the miracle drug and I'm in a pretty good mood.

Anyway, in EVE related news that TEST Baghdad Bob broadcast was hilarious

i'm glad it's working for you, vicodin didn't do poo poo for me

percocet otoh? :yum:

• Locked thread