Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

nice, definitely something i'd like to have portable. didn't occur to me until a saw the comment asking about a physical release, but you think this will be a full $40 title?

InfinityComplex posted:

No.

One Way Heroics is like 5 bucks on steam. So in the very least it's going to be 15-20 bucks.

Edit: Probably 10 after checking the actual price on steam.
On JPSN the game is 3383 Yen, which is currently roughly 31 USD, so i wouldn't be surprised if it goes for around 30$.

Keep in mind that the PC version was made by a guy who wanted as many people to play it as possible and developed the first version of the game as complete freeware for a long time; while the psn version is a rewrite and localization by a separate company.

That said, hell yeah, i can't wait for this to hit US PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fuuuck why am I even attempting this optional Lucemon fight in the Digimon Cyber Sleuth DLC. I must be a glutton for punishment. Even with all the XP bonuses I've managed to collect, assembling the ridiculous custom ubermons I need to win is such an awful slog.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Really Pants posted:

fuuuck why am I even attempting this optional Lucemon fight in the Digimon Cyber Sleuth DLC. I must be a glutton for punishment. Even with all the XP bonuses I've managed to collect, assembling the ridiculous custom ubermons I need to win is such an awful slog.

Which phase are you on?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The second phase, where he speeds up and starts dropping supercharged AoEs with random ailments. To even survive that horseshit I think I'm going to need three Digimon with Status Barrier and Safety Guard. And I think they're going to have to be WarGreymon, UlforceVeedramon, and Mastemon. Mastemon's the only one that gets even one of those skills by default.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

I dunno, man. Final Fight is a better beat-em-up than Senran Kagura, so it's not like "you can't go from enemy to enemy smoothly, you deal with one enemy, pause while the character focus in other enemy, repeat" is a bad thing.

That's just me, I guess. I think Uppers looks fine, though those example videos are some of the absolute worst examples. It's less that "the game looks janky" and more "the player apparently doesn't know how to play it". Kinda like how Theater Mode for Metroid: Other M took a bad game and made it look even worse.

I don't say this often, but more games should do what Metroid: Other M did and have a theater mode.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

I don't say this often, but more games should do what Metroid: Other M did and have a theater mode.

Some games would really benefit from it. Wasn't Shenmue 1 on Xbox essentially Theater Mode for the first game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood had it in there too, where you could pay to unlock videos of no-hit boss strategies after you beat them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or before you beat them if you were stuck on them for a while.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"Technical Demonstration" in the VR missions part of MGS1 showed, I think, a TAS version of each training mission, which would be a fantastic learning tool for some games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Takoluka posted:

Some games would really benefit from it. Wasn't Shenmue 1 on Xbox essentially Theater Mode for the first game?

It wasn't "on Xbox" so much as it was just a DVD of the cutscenes, so yes. Same with Xenosaga 1 in Europe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

The difficulty starts picking up towards the end on normal difficulty. You could always crank it up to hard and try again.

However, I do recommend you complete it because of the way the story works in the game. Cold Steel blatantly spoils a major spoiler from SC right at the first few minutes into the game.

I think I'll return to the file and finish it one day. I also have SC, I bought all 3 at once when Cold Steel came out.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
How's Vita Civ Rev 2? I'm playing Civ V on and off and even though I'm not very good at it, I quite enjoy it. I looked up a gameplay video and it seems like a simplified version, but I don't know if it's simplified in presentation only (map size, graphics, zoom level) or also in scope (possibilities, diplomacy, strategies). How does it play, what are the most glaring flaws, would a person who has played all of the Civ games enjoy it, or is the difference from the big boy versions too great?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kirbysuperstar posted:

It wasn't "on Xbox" so much as it was just a DVD of the cutscenes, so yes. Same with Xenosaga 1 in Europe.

Still, you could only play it on an Xbox, right?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i haven't played it but i can tell you the mobile game it is a port of is absolute garbage

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Takoluka posted:

Still, you could only play it on an Xbox, right?

No, I just threw my copy in my PC and it's a standard video DVD.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kirbysuperstar posted:

No, I just threw my copy in my PC and it's a standard video DVD.

Good to know!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Davincie posted:

i haven't played it but i can tell you the mobile game it is a port of is absolute garbage

Well, I don't suppose it was improved in the process of porting, at any rate. I don't have much hopes for it, but after playing the Vita XCOM I noticed that the worse graphics and framerate dips don't really bother me - probably because the PS3 version is also not performing all that well, to be honest. And, you know, Firaxis, Vita, port - a connection is there.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Atelier Sophie DLC is up on the PSN store for free as of right now. Probably the usual PSN screw up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*Limited time Campaign!!!
For 4 weeks after the game release, get this DLC for free!
・Atelier Sophie: GUST Select Item Pack
・Atelier Sophie: Custom theme B-1
・Atelier Sophie: Custom theme B-2

so the bgm and weird outfit might be unintentional idk

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The BGM is a Best Buy preorder bonus and Amazon/Gamestop/Le for the swimsuit

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dehry posted:

The Atelier Sophie DLC is up on the PSN store for free as of right now. Probably the usual PSN screw up.

appears to be US only

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grand Kingdom info, all DLC from the nippon version is free for everybody else next month. Looks really great, love the demo.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/17/new-grand-kingdom-classes-and-campaigns-detailed/

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Super No Vacancy posted:

*Limited time Campaign!!!
For 4 weeks after the game release, get this DLC for free!
・Atelier Sophie: GUST Select Item Pack
・Atelier Sophie: Custom theme B-1
・Atelier Sophie: Custom theme B-2

so the bgm and weird outfit might be unintentional idk

Heh, I don't even see any "B" themes on the store. Just the A-1, A-2, and C themes. :v:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Grand Kingdom info, all DLC from the nippon version is free for everybody else next month. Looks really great, love the demo.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/17/new-grand-kingdom-classes-and-campaigns-detailed/

That's awesome. I love the "beta" and am really looking forward to this one.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Szurumbur posted:

How's Vita Civ Rev 2? I'm playing Civ V on and off and even though I'm not very good at it, I quite enjoy it. I looked up a gameplay video and it seems like a simplified version, but I don't know if it's simplified in presentation only (map size, graphics, zoom level) or also in scope (possibilities, diplomacy, strategies). How does it play, what are the most glaring flaws, would a person who has played all of the Civ games enjoy it, or is the difference from the big boy versions too great?

Im intersted in this too. Anyone?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i claim all the free atelier dlcs, just in case i ever buy another atelier game

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i claim all the free atelier dlcs, just in case i ever buy another atelier game

leave some for the rest of us

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
DLC was pulled as expected.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

DLC was pulled as expected.

I didn't grab the Vita ones, but I grabbed the PS4 ones. Are these things cross-buy? I know KT sometimes does that for DLC.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MinibarMatchman posted:

Good news. This doesn't feel like a full-on PS4 game so maybe it'll help breath some new life into my Vita. It's been kind of neglected since I finished Estival.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, uh, I finally got the time to finish the last bits of Cold Steel and here I am 110 hours in and it suddenly turns into Gundam :psyduck:. The twist that led to it was pretty cool and caught me completely off guard, but really? And where's my ending? This is the worst cliffhanger ever.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

September, maybe

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Important to note, the Vita version doesn't work on PSTV.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

I didn't grab the Vita ones, but I grabbed the PS4 ones. Are these things cross-buy? I know KT sometimes does that for DLC.

Not sure about the cross buy, but comparing them to what was shown on the Koei Tecmo twitter account, those were all the Best Buy and Amazon preorder bonuses.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Saoshyant posted:

So, uh, I finally got the time to finish the last bits of Cold Steel and here I am 110 hours in and it suddenly turns into Gundam :psyduck:. The twist that led to it was pretty cool and caught me completely off guard, but really? And where's my ending? This is the worst cliffhanger ever.

Can I sexually harass my companions in this game?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Saoshyant posted:

It's not as bad as FC please look forward to more Gundam and also social links.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So take this with a jar of salt but some guy in 4chan was saying he got an email from XSEED detailing their E3 plans and while he didn't went into specifics, he said

- Their booth would be more impressive than last year's

- No Vita Exclusives to be announced at the show :negative:

- They're partnering with another publisher to bring here a new release from a major franchise sooner than expected

- There's something for everyone (I doubt this but eh)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wonder if they can turn Tokyo Xanada into a PS4 release. Probably yes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So take this with a jar of salt but some guy in 4chan was saying he got an email from XSEED detailing their E3 plans and while he didn't went into specifics, he said

- Their booth would be more impressive than last year's

- They're partnering with another publisher to bring here a new release from a major franchise sooner than expected

- There's something for everyone (I doubt this but eh)

The new release from the major series is probably Fate/Excella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I mean, come on. This is isn't bad, it's good. Exclusives suck. Choice is good.