Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

That looks nice for maybe getting a Gracia totem on my Monk (or stockpiling for armor) but aren't star drop rates stupidly low?

Not really? I bought literally everything I wanted last time without too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Four hundred hours is over two weeks straight of having your PC powered on and logged in to DFO. gently caress honey time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Four hundred hours is over two weeks straight of having your PC powered on and logged in to DFO. gently caress honey time.

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Anonymous Robot posted:

At least the event runs for a month and a half? It's still dumb and awful and I'll probably do it because it's another free chron item and I'm starting to hate OV so very much.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

It'd be more expedient for you to just mine bitcoins and buy DFO gold with the money.

edit: That poo poo's bind on drop ain't it. :suicide:

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
So considering the free Chron items, may want to make a second fslayer just for the extra box and waste the chron stone on. Question being, are any of the other fslayer classes fun? I mean, I already have a SM so what good are the others?

Maybe grind up a Vagabond for pure masochism? :getin:

Also, I really hope one of these updates when Honey Time ends, I won't have to see another Honey Time taking it's place. :negative:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I don't even get the point of Honey Time. Does Neople really just want people idling in the street to make the game look like it's populated and vibrant? Who are they trying to fool, some hapless executive? New players?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

It's just modified coding for their PC Bang events in kDnF. You play in PC cafes for a certain amount of hours to get rewards except those are usually capped at 100 hours.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Anyone have guides or tips for leveling a crusader? Is it bearable now with scenarios?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Start as a different priest and subclass change at 49 or whatever the upper level limit for that is?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

mightygerm posted:

Anyone have guides or tips for leveling a crusader? Is it bearable now with scenarios?

It's not so bad now. You use a mostly Blades of Purity, backed up by Revenge of Light when you get it. Once you hit 45 or so it gets must better.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
It's such a shame that Vagabond is so bad later on, but at least I'm having a lot of fun after having changed her to a Dark Templar. Lots of holds and laser beams. Guess I need the Collector - Killer chron set for her, right? Are there any other exceptionally good ones?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Raruna posted:

It's such a shame that Vagabond is so bad later on, but at least I'm having a lot of fun after having changed her to a Dark Templar. Lots of holds and laser beams. Guess I need the Collector - Killer chron set for her, right? Are there any other exceptionally good ones?

Collector-Killer: Good for overall DPS/damage. Get fat stacks of Evolve for the skill damage and shoot lasers everywhere as needed. 3pc, 6pc, and 9pc are all good and viable. Note that Dark Templar can still pretty much put enemies into grab hell by themselves, or with a Mind Stimulant potion.
Focus-on Shadow/Dark Templar Armory: Bad sets. Skip entirely.
Black Curtain: 6pc good for Shadow Harvest stacking. 3pc still good/viable, but if you want to stack dat Shadow Harvest, you'll want 6.
Shadow Magnifier: Combine 3pc with 6pc Black Curtain for going all in on holding and Shadow Harvest. 6pc this and 3pc Black Curtain is okay too.
Light-Naught: 9pc hits the balance between holding and damage, due to boosting Destroyer by quite a fair bit, and hella extending the duration of Deadly Cape because its holding scales with hit count, allowing you to delay until your main other two grabs, Scaffold and Shadow Binding, go off cooldown. This is what you should aim for as baseline.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hit level 60 and got access to the 3rd tier of spirits on summoner, they seem like their big thing is their auras that buff/debuff more than being damage dealers like the 2nd tier though? The Light one has light buffs and anything that makes spirit king knuckles the echinda stronger is fine by me. Ghent still sucks.

I now have more neo prem plus and master contract time than I probably should since I was able to buy all the 7 day contracts even after picking up the chron box and all the summer event stuff. I wonder how much cera people even spend on neo premium since it's given out so often.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hit level 60 and got access to the 3rd tier of spirits on summoner

Get Selist. Get Selist. Get Selist. Get Selist. GetSelist. Getselist. getselist getselist getselist getselist:supaburn:

Also I never bought Neoprem with rl cash, but I did buy it with cera I bought with gold, then I supplemented it with stuff you get from events and occasional gold2cera purchases. Also thanks to this and that, I have 133 days of Conqueror's Contract, 143 days of Cube Contract, 186 days of Tactician's Contract, and 193 days of Growth Contract :goku:.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

NachtSieger posted:

Get Selist. Get Selist. Get Selist. Get Selist. GetSelist. Getselist. getselist getselist getselist getselist:supaburn:

Selist at level 6/7 (best we can get at our current level cap without strange equip bonuses) gives 19.2% phys/mag attack in an aura and +20 fire damage. It's good.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah I'm thirding the recommendation for Selist. IF (if) you get a second ordinary spirit, it should likely be shadow because at higher levels Dead Murker shits out damage. Hive is soooo goood and you will love it once you gain access to it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Decide seems nice. The new skills also allow me to swap out one or two things in my rotation that I find a bit ackward to use. :toot:

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Good news, both the stars and the marvelous shards (for the Marvelous Reinforcement event) are bound to account so you can farm them on one guy and shove them to who you're actually using these for.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Since I'm away from my computer right now, just how weak is this Marvelous Weapon? Because real talk, a weapon that can be reinforced up to +13 that cannot break has to be a trap.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

You're still gambling against the RNG gods for that +13. The +13 is also more realistic than what the Korean version advertised.

Why yes, I'm sure someone will pull out a +20. :shepface:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

NachtSieger posted:

Also I never bought Neoprem with rl cash, but I did buy it with cera I bought with gold, then I supplemented it with stuff you get from events and occasional gold2cera purchases. Also thanks to this and that, I have 133 days of Conqueror's Contract, 143 days of Cube Contract, 186 days of Tactician's Contract, and 193 days of Growth Contract :goku:.

I don't know them by names yet but I have the fire/light spirits and I think Selist is fire? I'll look in to the dark spirit in place of fire, I figured light was good because if it buffs the spirit king then his giant gently caress you kamehameha blast would be all the stronger for it.

Raruna posted:

Since I'm away from my computer right now, just how weak is this Marvelous Weapon? Because real talk, a weapon that can be reinforced up to +13 that cannot break has to be a trap.

It resets to +0 if it fails at +10 or higher still doesn't it?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Fire=Selist
Light=Alicia
Dark=Sheyd
Water=Ratria

Never drop Selist, it has a +Atk aura which hella buffs other summons. I'd go Selist/Sheyd honestly.

E: Immolation is good now.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
So I've learned that the event weapon only uses the marvelous shards to reinforce. And the reinforcement percentages are better than normal! But I failed a +9 to +10 and went all the way back down to +0. Got some shards back though but drat are you rolling dice with this. At least it's free reinforcement for it though.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

So I've learned that the event weapon only uses the marvelous shards to reinforce. And the reinforcement percentages are better than normal! But I failed a +9 to +10 and went all the way back down to +0. Got some shards back though but drat are you rolling dice with this. At least it's free reinforcement for it though.

Straight to +12 :smugdog:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Meanwhile, I've got a couple of reinforcement protection tickets to burn, but no weapon that's really worth using them on. I guess I could try and RNG an epic drop but I think my time is probably better spent playing another game.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Time to go have fun with 19.5k patk and 14% innate def piercing.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is Blade Waltz worth the sp? It feels like it underperforms compared like everything else.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

It is for zan. Questionable elsewhere, although it comes out pretty quick and is probably worth dropping points in Elemental Eradicator in order to use it. Unleash is the big winner of the new actives though, no question.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I wasn't aware that the explosion at the end of Unleash nukes the entire room, pleasant surprise.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Raruna posted:

Apparently it has the stats of a level 70 weapon, but gives bonuses to all elemental damage. Which is fine by me since I'm still using a Dragon Zanbato on my Demon Slayer.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Wait so what did 2nd awakening do to SM and DT? Should I actually play my Sword Master again*?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I ended up grabbing the event sword for my Chaos since everything else that isn't 86 already has a growing weapon of some kind. If I can get it to +11 or +12 that'd be cool I guess?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

LogicNinja posted:

Wait so what did 2nd awakening do to SM and DT? Should I actually play my Sword Master again*?

For DTs, going Nemesis gives you Vespers, which reduces Liberate-Madness soul cost, reduces min/max time for Immolation and decreases hit intervals (so it deals the same damage in less time), and makes Shadow Clone not do the first attack. Also, shitloads of skill damage. Deus Ex Ray is a huge x axis laser that eats more souls to deal more damage the longer you charge it up, and Judgment drops a huge sword on your enemies, again eating more souls the longer you charge it to deal more damage. Overall, DT destroys much more now.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

NachtSieger posted:

For DTs, going Nemesis gives you Vespers, which reduces Liberate-Madness soul cost, reduces min/max time for Immolation and decreases hit intervals (so it deals the same damage in less time), and makes Shadow Clone not do the first attack. Also, shitloads of skill damage. Deus Ex Ray is a huge x axis laser that eats more souls to deal more damage the longer you charge it up, and Judgment drops a huge sword on your enemies, again eating more souls the longer you charge it to deal more damage. Overall, DT destroys much more now.

Doesn't adding damage to what I understand is pretty top-tier hold make DT a ridiculously good PVE class?

e: Not that I'll ever have the time and patience to grind Otherverse for chronicle gear, or the money for one those +12 endgame weapons.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm not lying when I say DT outclasses almost everyone in terms of speed and power. :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

dfoneople.com is being a butt, is there some event on for making a new F Slayer? I could reroll my currently-20 sword master if so, otherwise I guess I should log into my now-63 DT first

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
yes

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Man.
I'm gonna be honest, after having touched 9pc Precise Fire, I don't really like it? Wearing Halidoms on my F.Ranger is just worlds more fun, because I'm much faster, and in terms of raw stats I'm far stronger. Precise Fire just makes one skill really really insane while making everything else super boring.
Plus with it I can't use the TP Upgrade for Multi Headshot, which is pretty much the F.Ranger's best area clearing skill. It does a fuckton of damage in a really big area, and is just really satisfying to use.

Guess I'll shoot for Standard Procedure instead?

Edit: Just tried 6pc Standard Procedure and I can say it's some Cool poo poo.

Raruna fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
[ignore this, wrong thread]