Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I think I may be going back for the cutting board burger today. Only $10 on Fridays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...
Bacon, avocado and swiss. First fat patty I have done in awhile. It was good, but I really do prefer smash burgers these days.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I guess image posting works again

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Humble burgers.

I wound up eating 6 burgers yesterday. Leftover burg for breakfast, Elevation Burger for lunch, and the rest of those burgs for dinner.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Great burgs dude but up your cheese melting game please. It's critical.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

The Midniter posted:

The burgs were very hot, the cheese melted spectacularly.
The picture was taken seconds after the cheese was applied. I wanted slightly melted, not runny/melty cheese.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Smashburger for lunch.

Bread to meat ratio is a little high, and the construction leaves a bit to be desired.
It was still a tasty burg though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's a gnarly smashburg. They look much prettier from the ones here locally. Still would.

Also dig the home burg on this page. Wish it was a melted cheese pic tho.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Modernist cheese singles are the way to go if you want something that melts properly and is also good cheese.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Modernist cheese singles are the way to go if you want something that melts properly and is also good cheese.

what % liquid do you use for slices?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wookums posted:

what % liquid do you use for slices?

25-30%. I start low and add a little liquid if it doesn't flow well enough to be a thin slice. And 3.5% sodium citrate.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the time I just cut 1/8 inch slices off a block of colby jack because, well, colby jack owns. Tetris three of those onto a patty and it melts perfectly if you do it right.

e: btw, if someone knows where to find colby jack in singles that isn't processed plastic, that would be great, although it's not like slicing cheese is a huge amount of effort.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 12, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fenrir posted:

Most of the time I just cut 1/8 inch slices off a block of colby jack because, well, colby jack owns. Tetris three of those onto a patty and it melts perfectly if you do it right.

e: btw, if someone knows where to find colby jack in singles that isn't processed plastic, that would be great, although it's not like slicing cheese is a huge amount of effort.
Tillamook has Colby-Jack in individual slices

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

The Midniter posted:

THAT CHEESE IS RAW :ramsay:

(Gordan actually said 'raw cheese!?' on an episode of Masterchef last season)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

Tillamook has Colby-Jack in individual slices

Oh snap, I'll have to re-check and see if my stores around here carry that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This was tonight's homeburger.

Two smash patties on the grill, grilled onions & mushrooms with american cheese melted over, on a brioche roll. Mustard, mayo. Sweet potato on the side.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Brawnfire posted:

This was tonight's homeburger.

Two smash patties on the grill, grilled onions & mushrooms with american cheese melted over, on a brioche roll. Mustard, mayo. Sweet potato on the side.

GET
IN
MY
FACE

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Teri burgers rule

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Made a burg with red wine reduction, caramelized onions and goat cheese. 10/10 would eat again. Highly recommended. No pics because we devoured them so fast.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ron Jeremy posted:

Teri burgers rule

Carrots?

Eh... kinda odd but gently caress it, I'd try it.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
We were gifted a subscription to Hello Fresh for a week and this was really tasty, though the photo is godawful. Toasted brioche with bechamel (w/ a bit of nutmeg, who knew), caramelized onions w/beef stock reduction, and gruyere. The side was kale chips which were also p good. Nice crunch to 'em.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I made a burger patty for the first time, and I cooked it until I thought it looked ready and then I ate it, and its 3 friends. I realised a couple of them were pretty pink in the middle am I maybe gonna get sick tomorrow?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Crankit posted:

I made a burger patty for the first time, and I cooked it until I thought it looked ready and then I ate it, and its 3 friends. I realised a couple of them were pretty pink in the middle am I maybe gonna get sick tomorrow?

Yeah, you're probably dead.

Dead from awesome tasting burgers, that is! The best way to go!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The human body is very good at expelling bad things that you eat, so if its bad, you'll know and probably won't die.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I eat all my burgs at home medium rare. You'll be okay.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Crankit posted:

I eat a lot of my burgs like that, you should be fine.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

only children and bad women eat well done burgs

and aids patients

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
:siren: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

Forum member Steve Yun recently revealed his deepest, darkest secret: he has never cooked a single burger in his entire life. It has been several months since then and all he has done is waffle about Modernist burger components. He should be shamed at all opportunities until he rectifies the situation and stops embarrassing his country :911:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Burged at Vera's for the first time in a while today: http://www.verasburgershack.com/

I'd forgotten how good the quality of their meat is, and the bun, toppings, and fries were even better that I remembered.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bob_McBob posted:

Forum member Steve Yun recently revealed his deepest, darkest secret: he has never cooked a single burger in his entire life. It has been several months since then and all he has done is waffle about Modernist burger components. He should be shamed at all opportunities until he rectifies the situation and stops embarrassing his country :911:

SteveY cook a burg

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Bob_McBob posted:

ban this sick filth imo

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Read three or four pages of this thread at work. Then had to take an unscheduled break to the supermarket for obvious reasons.

I am now happy.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I think I reached peak meat saturation on Saturday.

I burg'd every day this week and 7 times on thursday.
Friday was a recovery day with a breakfast burg in the AM and a leftover patty late afternoon.

Then wife's friend called and invited us over for dinner, Sat. They were grilling burgs.
This guy made 4 massive 12oz pattiesburgers. I've been so caught up in the smash burg game lately that I forgot what a nice, thick medium cooked burger was.

Anywho, wife only finished about half her burger, so I got to indulge in 18 oz of pure, grass fed American heart attack, with bacon.
Following that I lost 5 games of pool because of the meat sweats.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 17, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you ate 7 burgers on thursday? :prepop:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Friday was a recovery day with a breakfast burg in the AM and a leftover patty late afternoon.

Then wife's friend called and invited us over for dinner, Sat. They were grilling burgs.
This guy made 4 massive 12oz patties. I've been so caught up in the smash burg game lately that I forgot what a nice, thick medium cooked burger was.

Anywho, wife only finished about half her burger, so I got to indulge in 18 oz of pure, grass fed American heart attack, with bacon.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Jose posted:

you ate 7 burgers on thursday? :prepop:

No, sorry, that was a typo.
It was 6.
But, a couple of them were double patties... so...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I wound up eating 6 burgers yesterday. Leftover burg for breakfast, Elevation Burger for lunch, and the rest of those burgs for dinner.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Smashburger for lunch.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Burg schedule for this week
monday: A double patty burg with egg for breakfast, light lunch of two white castle sliders, dinner is five guys burg with a side of another burg
tuesday: Burg with bacon and breakfast sausage, grass fed organic 100% burg meat for lunch in an artisanal ciabatta bun, whopper for dinner
wednesday: Light burg shake for breakfast to get me going, canned burg for lunch, dinner is a candlelight dinner where I serve burgers to myself and another burger, which I will consume as dessert
thursday: start the day with a nice burg infused bacon bath, spend the day in the local butcher shop rolling in thousands of pounds of ground beef while commenting on their juiciness and grade, dinner will be whatever burger I can get in the prison cell after the police forcibly remove me
friday: Exactly 17 quarter pound patties consumed 53 minutes apart from each other from when I wake up to when I pass out from protein toxicity
saturday: No breakfast today for the operation, lunch will be replacing my now failed liver with a burger, with another placed in my stomach to digest normally. Dinner will be a half pound bison patty with mayo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This guy made 4 massive 12oz patties. I've been so caught up in the smash burg game lately that I forgot what a nice, thick medium cooked burger was.

youre a real fat piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

RideTheSpiral posted:

youre a real fat piece of poo poo

I'm working on it.

• Locked thread