Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

VideoGames posted:

I am afraid, colleagues, I would never probate or ban someone for the promise of rewards.
Even if I did probate someone, I would decline any gifts afterwards because it would be so unjust and unchill.

They know that they just took the opening to pile on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I am afraid, colleagues, I would never probate or ban someone for the promise of rewards.
Even if I did probate someone, I would decline any gifts afterwards because it would be so unjust and unchill.

Videogames is one of the best mods I know :)

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hu3rkRy5Q lol

evilweasel posted:

every time someone tries to use "you're the new bob!!!!!" all it does is fill me with a warm fuzzy glow about how completely we dragged their name through the mud after we won

nobody ever knows what they mean by that statement, just that being bob is bad

TheMittani is basically SirMolle but getting paid to play like Nync.

Who controls that static plex now anyways?

VideoGames posted:

If you want me to max out your corp size for free let me know, I sent you an eve mail about it :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Regrettable Drunk posted:

In that Bob abused their allies, stagnated their leadership and got inside knowledge and resources due to their involvement to CCP. Isn't that why being BoB is bad?

so pl, lots of people, pl?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i had to get my capital leaks from a source manny leaked to because sion wouldn't leak to me, it was v. annoying

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part of last night's fights was that it was not one of our ~Big Name FCs~ but dudes like Pittsburgh2989 and Thomas Lear who did pretty much all of the setting up and the killing. Other folks showed up and inserted themselves into the directorbot pings and command channels, and Laz formed up baltecs after the fight was already over to snipe some feroxes as everything was withdrawing, but we had a couple of ~relative nobodies~ actually get to fly spaceships and shoot mans and make decisions and do important things.

It was great, and we need more of it. :unsmith:

Addamere fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 17, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

jm20 posted:

If you actually played the game you'd have known blackops under TheAdj was awful and full of failures post EO and no one wanted to join that flaming mess willingly.

See this right here is where you derailed. Theadj spearheaded what may well have been the most destructive in isk value Blackops Campaign ever (Hundreds of ratting carriers/plex runners/jump freighters in a very short period) and subsequently collapsed a rental empire and it's master alliance due to bankruptcy.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Oh boy we've started the cycle again where some shitwit says 'you're just like BoB!' and thinks he can put on some big adult undies for the day for what he believes to be his amazing insight that no one has ever had before.

I'll cut to the end of the cycle - the so-called second coming of Nietzsche insight poster just winds up with lovely britches again.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

jm20 posted:

TheMittani is basically SirMolle but getting paid to play like Nync.

lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

LuiCypher posted:

Oh boy we've started the cycle again where some shitwit says 'you're just like BoB!' and thinks he can put on some big adult undies for the day for what he believes to be his amazing insight that no one has ever had before.

I'll cut to the end of the cycle - the so-called second coming of Nietzsche insight poster just winds up with lovely britches again.

That's just what a BoB guy would say.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i think he was referring to the philosopher and not you

also i agree pitt is great, haven't had a chance to see lear in action though

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rhymenoserous posted:

See this right here is where you derailed. Theadj spearheaded what may well have been the most destructive in isk value Blackops Campaign ever (Hundreds of ratting carriers/plex runners/jump freighters in a very short period) and subsequently collapsed a rental empire and it's master alliance due to bankruptcy.

All he was good for was dying on his own deployments before I left. Post the alliance and time frame I'm interested to see this

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Cobalt Edge, 2014, Insidious Empire + Renters. I'd link the campaign but somebody whoopsied the killboard.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cobalt Edge, 2014, Insidious Empire + Renters. I'd link the campaign but somebody whoopsied the killboard.

All told this was about 70 odd carriers, and a few JFs full of super materials. I was only around for a bit of this, I mostly did fountain and ran a proper cloaky camp on the best drone lands pipe I could find there. Adj's blops had some issues but it was largely successful at its goals in those two campaigns.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

dragonstalking posted:

That's just what a BoB guy would say.

:ssh:

evilweasel posted:

i think he was referring to the philosopher and not you

Indeed. From there, you can get :thejoke:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

so pl, lots of people, pl?

Are we really being chastised for abusing allies? Really?

By GoonFleetSwarmDotteFederation of all people? Really?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

little defensive there i see, ally abuser

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

little defensive there i see, ally abuser

How do you abuse something you don't care about and even at times openly speak out against?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

Shame on you for thinking that the GoonFleetSwarmDotteFederation would abuse trusted and valued allies

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
oh so also it looks like there's a rampage going across PB and sov is still falling fairly fast (but not as fast as the undefended rest of CFC space), so soon enough horde will have a nice new home (and GSF can try blopsing or w/e)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

How do you abuse something you don't care about and even at times openly speak out against?

are you talking about fcon or your slaves here

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey peeps, can someone give a brother a quick recommendation for a chill NPC corp to run missions for? I have about 70 million SP in basically every frigate/destroyer/cruiser/command destroyer/hac hull and missile/gun/drone weapon system and feel like spending some time settling down in/near some mission hub anyplace.

I don't even have an idea how this works anymore, I need Connections and something else trained to IV and then run a couple of level 2s and 3s and find a place that doesn't send me to lowsec? And what ship choice is a good idea to breeze through those missions until you have access to level 4s?

This feels so :shobon:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey peeps, can someone give a brother a quick recommendation for a chill NPC corp to run missions for? I have about 70 million SP in basically every frigate/destroyer/cruiser/command destroyer/hac hull and missile/gun/drone weapon system and feel like spending some time settling down in/near some mission hub anyplace.

I don't even have an idea how this works anymore, I need Connections and something else trained to IV and then run a couple of level 2s and 3s and find a place that doesn't send me to lowsec? And what ship choice is a good idea to breeze through those missions until you have access to level 4s?

SOE

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A machariel works well for level 4s. Your tank for kill missions is your DPS.

As far as Corp goes use the agent browser and look for security agents that 1) preferably have more than 1 level 4 agent in a station
2) is a lower sec status - like a .5-.7 (you'll get more lp then a .8)

Don't rice out your mission ship. T2 works fine. Maybe faction the gyros.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Massasoit posted:

As far as Corp goes use the agent browser and look for security agents that 1) preferably have more than 1 level 4 agent in a station

Indeed, if you want to spend money on your mission ship stick it in T2 rigs and especially into your implants.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
BoB was all about elitism and serious business. PL is at least the first half of that and the second half is rare to see anywhere anymore thanks our cultural influence.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Nietzschean posted:

The best part of last night's fights was that it was not one of our ~Big Name FCs~ but dudes like Pittsburgh2989 and Thomas Lear who did pretty much all of the setting up and the killing. Other folks showed up and inserted themselves into the directorbot pings and command channels, and Laz formed up baltecs after the fight was already over to snipe some feroxes as everything was withdrawing, but we had a couple of ~relative nobodies~ actually get to fly spaceships and shoot mans and make decisions and do important things.

It was great, and we need more of it. :unsmith:

Pittsburgh and Thomas are pretty good FCs to fly under. We actually have quite a number of decent newer FCs on the rise.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Massasoit posted:

I sortakinda did mention that my SP are in everything below battleships and -mods (with the exception of perfect large hybrid skills because Talos-ratting used to be a thing in 1962) and I'd assume a home station in a 0.5 system would end up sending me to lowsec for missions. ;)

I just figured there are some insider hints for some good mission hub or npc corp choices.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I sortakinda did mention that my SP are in everything below battleships and -mods (with the exception of perfect large hybrid skills because Talos-ratting used to be a thing in 1962) and I'd assume a home station in a 0.5 system would end up sending me to lowsec for missions. ;)

I just figured there are some insider hints for some good mission hub or npc corp choices.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wait, I thought they only had stations in nullsec?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

jm20 posted:

Speaking of Evolution, Lady Scarlett is taking your space :psypop:

If anyone needs extra space it's Lady Scarlett

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You can do a level 4 mission Ishtar but your drones are going to die. Minmatar bs 4 gal bs 3 and large project 3 will be enough while you train better skills for a Mach.

A you could try a nighthawk??

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
auto targeting rapid heavy missile launcher rattlesnakes with assisted geckos

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
tengus are still things

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Shooting npcs for money is literally the worst. Pick something less likely to make you want to die.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Pick something less likely to make you want to die.

so not your posting

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You need at the very least connections, security connections (or criminal connections for doing those sweet pirate faction missions :twisted: ) and diplomacy to 4. 5 is better for all. Also SOE is chill and the LP is good for their neat ships.

EDIT: diplomacy doesn't matter if you run pirate faction missions either.

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 17, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

BoB was all about elitism and serious business. PL is at least the first half of that and the second half is rare to see anywhere anymore thanks our cultural influence.

it's pretty funny that you don't think GSF was serious business with PAP links, monthly TPS reports from directors, and strong attempts to funnel the CFC playerbase into other games in exchange for cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
"strong"

• Locked thread