Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Teledahn posted:

Kairo let me buy your game.

nop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Game does look good. And I went back and read the Limit Theory forums yesterday so I can confirm that ENEMY STARFIGHTER is still more of a game than both LT and Star Citizen. Congrats Kairo!

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Kairo lied starfighter died.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I heard Kairo is waiting for a Trump presidency to prepare the American people for the release of Enemy Starfighter.

We already have David Cameron over here so how about a beta?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Elite Dangerous is adding more "we think we're an MMO" grinding nonsense, so pretty please release your game.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Shine posted:

Elite Dangerous is adding more "we think we're an MMO" grinding nonsense, so pretty please release your game.

"is adding" Uh I thought it was always grindy even in beta?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm in a dark place where none of the cool video games are ever going to come out.

On the bright side, CoD4 is still fun? :smithicide:

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

I'm in a dark place where none of the cool video games are ever going to come out.

Overwatch next week bro, keep the faith

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not going to be playing it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

wjs5 posted:

"is adding" Uh I thought it was always grindy even in beta?

"More."

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I see now.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Orv posted:

Have faith yo.

Is there anything you guys are really curious about w/r/t to Starfighter's lore? I mean when you imagine the game and the atmosphere, even without knowing specifics.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

wjs5 posted:

I see now.

They're adding an upgrade system for ship components that requires a bunch of collected materials and has that Korean MMO "reroll a hundred times until you get the random combination of upgrades and special features you want" bit, instead of just letting the player say "I'd like my laser to be blue" and buy a blue laser.

Elite Dangerous would be a fantastic game if they had someone less idiotic making these sorts of decisions. The flight model is as stellar as always and they keep adding really cool poo poo, but then they ruin other would-be cool poo poo with baffling decisions.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

Elite Dangerous would be a fantastic game if they had someone less idiotic making these sorts of decisions. The flight model is as stellar as always and they keep adding really cool poo poo, but then they ruin other would-be cool poo poo with baffling decisions.

Game Dev.txt

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Tell me what you want to know about the world of Enemy Starfighter!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So are you more like Space Golden Horde, or is it kind of like a Post-Alexander World/Universe with a bunch of kingdoms sprouting up in a power vacuum and you're just one of many trying to carve your own little fiefdom out of the remains

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

General Battuta posted:

Tell me what you want to know about the world of Enemy Starfighter!

what's space like, in terms of temperature

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
will the traitorous enemy deploy pop idols against us

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

d-d-deculture?!!?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

d-d-deculture?!!?

The game you like is anime

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I've always wanted to fight against a Macross Cannon.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Gejnor posted:

The game you like is anime

much like anime this game isn't real

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Brick Dust Otis posted:

what's space like, in terms of temperature

Technically, it's quite hot. The few particles about tend to be moving very quickly. :science:

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Ynglaur posted:

Technically, it's quite hot. The few particles about tend to be moving very quickly. :science:

is it war m enough, in space that i would need to wear a light shirt of some kind rather than say, a space cardigan

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Kairo posted:

I'm looking to hit 1.0 by the time the Rift CV hits, if not shortly before.

Hey.

Kairo.

Rumor has it some people have obtained the Rift CV.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Son of a bitch this thread is three years old, what the gently caress.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This game looked cool and I was excited for it but it seems to have fallen into the Barkley 2 pit

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I've run out of jokes. Help.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

game dead, so what?

Orv
May 4, 2011
So gently caress indie devs, is apparently what I've learned.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
if you check his twitter he's still working on the game, you guys. chill

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
note to self: goons will get pissy about lack of videogame even if they didn't give you money

I also am somewhat disappointed, but also a bit scared for kairo that he might have missed a market window.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Really though, it's just disappointing, there's no point in getting mad at the guy he doesn't owe us anything. I posted this already but I'd love to hear how the game has changed, because it obviously has immensely, since every time he talks about it he's reworking something from feedback. I just hope he didn't fall into a hole where he's never happy with it.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Keep the faith (and just relax it's just one video game ffs)

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I'm playing the game right now, it's fun as poo poo and not vaporware, Kairo is completely unsentimental about iteration so don't be surprised if a lot of what you heard about design-wise has changed.

He has obviously worked his rear end off on it. It's not trapped in some endless state of feature creep: pretty much the exact opposite. Kairo is a one man team and he's been tightening and cutting and polishing at insane crunch levels for a while now. Dude will post some updates when he's not in every-hour-counts mode.

Kairo
Jun 21, 2003

I realize I've been quiet, but I still love you, especially Orv and how dramatic he is. If there is a next time, I'll hire someone to do updates.

• Game has been going really well for a while now.
  • Public Early Access is only gonna be for bug fixes, balance, and wave clear mode (I need to fix it up as it got no attention and broke over the last couple months). No new features.
  • Game is much more streamlined, but feedback across the board has gotten 10x better. Figuring this out was a major milestone.
  • Podding is back as something more than flavor.

I'll do a huge informative, brutal post-mortem writeup when I'm done. In the meantime, back ta werk.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I am also hilariously easy to sate.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

When Koofus' game gets buzz, he expands the scope, extends the schedule, and adds more stuff to do that is not [flying a spaceship].

When Kairo's game gets buzz, he stays focused on his core design, brutally chops everything that doesn't work, and makes a game about flying a spaceship.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Kairo strikes me as someone who would be a pretty good writer: he understands the value of good editing.

On the bright side, by the time this comes out maybe VR will be more mainstream. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
i'm just glad podding is back.

• Locked thread