Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

X-O posted:

Well, that's Ike Perlmutter for you. Not sure a female villain could have made that movie any better though.

True, It's already the best film in the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CelticPredator posted:

True, It's already the best film in the franchise.

It's not even the best Iron Man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Actually I meant the entire MCU.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's the second best individual movies.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Iron Man Three owns, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak if you disagree. :colbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

MrAristocrates posted:

They'll never do it just out of spite.
At this point they're cutting off their nose to spite their face

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Are X-Men toys still classified as non-human to exploit a tax loophole?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sentinel Red posted:

Iron Man Three owns, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak if you disagree. :colbert:

For real. By far the best Iron Man movie.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
If only by default. I mean, have you seen Iron Man 1 lately? The movie is really kind of dull. The stakes are impressively low.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Man, i still love IM1. I think the low stakes were good for the longterm narrative arc of the MCU. Bridges' Obadiah Stane was great.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The most important stakes in IM1 are whether he's gonna get blasted again by the fire extinguishing robot and whether it seems like he's having fun designing and testing the fancy suit.

Probably would've been thematically better if that terrorist guy was able to recreate the original suit and go on a rampage in the Middle East so Tony has to stop him, instead of Bridges boiling his head or whatever. But mostly because I would've liked to see the Dude as a recurring side character in other movies just going whoa man at all the crazy incidents.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's the second best individual movies.

Still no. Even if you disqualify Guardians and Cap 3.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Speaking of the only Shane Black MCU movie, arguably making it the best one on that fact alone:

http://screenrant.com/shane-black-marvel-studios-iron-man-3/

Shane Black posted:

The reason (Marvel is) scoring so big at the box office is they have these mythic caped heroes come striding out of the fog, lit from below and backlit. And then they stub their toe! They remember to do that part. Even with the latest one Captain America: Civil War, The Winter Soldier is brutalized and tortured. But then there’s this scene where he’s in the back of a car (chuckles) and he’s just nudging his buddy, ’cause Cap’s kissing a girl. They know to do that…they know to go straight to that kind of a choice. Those decisions are made routinely there.

His bit on China is interesting.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 17, 2016

Electromax
May 6, 2007

quote:

“Joss Whedon came to me early on, because I really wanted to just keep writing and do things with Drew Pearce and not include the machine with every step of the way.

And the machine was always there looking over your shoulder.

And finally, Joss was like, ‘Look, just trust the machine. I mean, you can’t keep control of every moving part... just let go and let the machine take on part of the work."

:spidey:

Caught in the snare.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

The only thing that directly contradicted the comics was them flying around in spaceships. They could always just say they weren't using the Nova Force for some vague reason.

Speaking of space stuff, Bryan Singer has said that in addition to the 90's thing the next X-movie will involve their space stuff.

Apparently, he's in the "idea" stage of X-Force, and Simon Kinsberg is writing it.

quote:

While Singer was careful to note that he's currently only involved at the idea level, he did confirm that X-Force "is in the earliest script stage" at the hands of X-producer Simon Kinberg, adding, "so that’s kind of where that stands, and we’ll see how it evolves."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/bryan-singer-has-pitched-female-wolverine-x-force-script-in-the-works

Fox is in desperate need for some fresh blood. We've seen what this duo can bring to the franchise, and its something that should have been left behind long ago.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SonicRulez posted:

Still no. Even if you disqualify Guardians and Cap 3.

What is better? Iron Man 1? loving Thor?

Also it's better than Guardians by a mile.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Shageletic posted:

Apparently, he's in the "idea" stage of X-Force, and Simon Kinsberg is writing it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/17/bryan-singer-has-pitched-female-wolverine-x-force-script-in-the-works

Fox is in desperate need for some fresh blood. We've seen what this duo can bring to the franchise, and its something that should have been left behind long ago.

Also in the article

quote:

Singer confirmed that he's discussed with the studio what will happen with Wolverine after Hugh Jackman retires the claws for good, and even suggested featuring Logan's female clone X-23 in Fox's X-Force film. "I actually initially pitched the X-Force and the female," he said.

:stare: I am filled with equal parts excitement for the possibility of X-23 in the X-Men films, and dread for seeing how Singer messes this up.

Also "the female", really?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Any time someone says "THE FEMALE" I just picture them as

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean I've never seen Kinberg in person so he could be a Ferengi.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Light Gun Man posted:

My fav Ghost Rider movie was Drive Angry.

This was a page back but this man speaks the truth.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

X-O posted:

The only acceptable Ghost Rider in live action from this point forward is The Undead G-Man aka The Best Ghost Rider.

i love him so much

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Which issue was that in? I can tell it's a Secret Wars tie-in, but that's about it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Any time someone says "THE FEMALE" I just picture them as

Well to Singer women are practically a foreign species.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

IUG posted:

Which issue was that in? I can tell it's a Secret Wars tie-in, but that's about it.

First issue of the Inhumans tie-in. He was the only good thing in it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is better? Iron Man 1? loving Thor?

Also it's better than Guardians by a mile.

Both Iron Man 1 and Guardians. I'd probably even watch Thor before I watched IM3 again if I had the choice between the two. Ant-Man. Literally all 3 Cap movies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

loving why.

No one chooses to watch Thor, it just happens.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'd watch the first Thor over almost any of the Iron Man films. Though I don't think I'd watch the second one at all.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

X-O posted:

I'd watch the first Thor over almost any of the Iron Man films. Though I don't think I'd watch the second one at all.

That's where I arrived. Like I wanted to say Thor 2, but I know drat well I'll never watch that again unless my life is on the line in some kind of Saw situation. I don't remember hardly anything happening in that movie. It wasn't bad, it was just nothing. Like drinking a glass of room temperature water.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Thor 1 was slightly less balls than Thor 2.
That is my opinion. Please note that I also think Incredible Hulk was one of the better Marvel films.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You'd think computer time at the asylum would end at 8.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I liked the boat chase in Thor 2. :shrug:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I remember liking both Thor movies but its been a while since I saw them. :shrug:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Thor 2 is the metric unto which you can judge all Marvel films. It is neither good nor bad, it just is

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I always felt that Thor 1 was just fairly clunky and then Thor 2 is like okay with some fun action scenes at the end.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Iron Man 1 is dope. Iron Man 3 isn't even as good as Iron Man 2. Low stakes are a good thing.

Both Thor movies are pretty drat bad, which is a shame because they nailed the casting.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Iron Man 1 is a perfect Superhero Movie. Like in the sense of it being about a man punching Men Who Are Bad, it holds up in a way that X-Men and Spider-Man just don't. It's a really great film if what you want is superheroes being some superhero-rear end superheroes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iron Man 1 is boring. 2 is just bad.

Everyone says 3 is the best one but I don't ever want to watch it again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I watch Iron Man 3 a lot. Probably my most watched Marvel film.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Thor doesn't get nearly enough love, in my opinion. I love that it's basically a tragedy with Loki as the doomed hero, succeeding in stopping Thor from becoming the destructive, warmongering king of Asgard, only to consequently become exactly that himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
THR has the scoop: WB is launching a seemingly Marvel Studios-esque DC Films division with Geoff Johns and current WB exec Jon Berg in charge. No prizes for guessing what prompted this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

• Locked thread