Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

christ at half speed that is scary poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Ignite Memories posted:

You just kinda fear / silence him and walk away.

edit: even if he does get a kill on you at 6, fiddle rushes zhonya's and you'll be outfarming him hilariously so his window of effectiveness is short as hell.

I think fiddles does well in the all-in with zhonyas and fear, but fiddle really shouldn't be outfarming zed.

Fiddle e is just worse than Zed w+q or q spam at shoving the wave in, and until you get blue if you try and match it you'll run oom and they'll be able to either roam or make you do fiddle's awkward csing at tower.

I'm sure if you're better than the zed it wouldn't be so bad, or if they play the match-up incorrectly, but a big reason fiddle is kind of mediocre in lane (aside from him generally having a lot better suited to the jungle) is that he can't match heavy wave clear, especially with the mana regen nerf. Zed, with mana-less wave clear, exploits that really well and played properly should win that.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'll keep picking it into him and report back with a larger sample size. I do run a few mana runes, and my friends like to play jungle so I get lots of blue buff.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

I ban Zed because gently caress Zed.

I hate Zed so much.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Fiddle sounds like a good counter pick if you're in an elo where mid laners only try to kill the other mid laner

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exethan posted:

Fiddle sounds like a good counter pick if you're in an elo where mid laners only try to kill the other mid laner
EU LCS? :bustem:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm reminded of this chart but it's a shame I can't find an updated version, probably because there isn't a tribunal anymore? Or data for it?

If I could have six bans every game I'd ban:

Master Yi, Zed, Yasuo, Vayne, Riven, and probably Rengar (although if I could selectively ban people from building full AD Lee Sin I would prefer that over Rengar). Regardless of their win rate, or performance on any given patch, doesn't matter.

I don't know what it is about physical damage melee champions (and Vayne) and the people who play them, but they are just all monstrous people, and I'd take any patch FOTM OP picks getting through to get this whole lot of champions and the people who play them out of the game.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Verviticus posted:

i dunno, get to 6, have a cloth armor, and you own the lane. trynd cant outdamage him with jax r up

This used to be true, but Jax has taken a ton of nerfs. Jax has the kit to beat Trydnamere but he doesn't have the stats to hang with anyone in top lane anymore.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
runic echoes > cinderhulk > bloodrazor > warriors

in terms of fun

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Yeah Fiddle can only fear one person, if you get a Gragas or something that can lock you down jungling on the enemy team, Fiddlesticks becomes a tasty feast for Zed or whoever their jungler is. Also, yeah, in higher elo players aren't dumb enough to ult the Fiddlesticks 1v1 at all, they just roam bot and murder your Jhin/Soraka for the double kill.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

In this case, I brought TP and ganked bot more effectively than he did. Being really on top of your MIAs doesn't hurt.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ugh think I'm just done with top lane -- I'm going to have to crawl out of bronze in another role.

Pretty much played my best Garen round ever, getting an early TP doublekill on bot lane and killing both the enemy jungler and mid in 2 separate gank attempts top. Came out of laning phase super fed. Still lost though because my jungler/mid had a combined score of like 0-19-3 and my bot lane still managed to loving get ganked a hundred-million times by a jungle rammus.

So who's the cheesiest cheese-ball hyper carry for low elo?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jungle: amumu, volibear
mid: annie, brand
support: blitz, zyra, leona, sona, pretty much any support that can kill lane because theres twice as many people for you to kill in that lane
adc: if you had good mechanics you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place so don't bother, but probably sivir or ashe

(i am assuming malzahar is banned in bronze)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

LegalPad posted:

So who's the cheesiest cheese-ball hyper carry for low elo?

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Maybe Ill have to do some jungle. Amumu is fun. Don't think I've ever played voli before

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hes an incredibly strong bear

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Malz/Ekko/Brand all make sense. Blitz is eternal bronze ban. The rest I don't think I've ever seen banned once. Weird.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
a good bear that can build defense and still kill a carry

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Speaking of Volibear
:getin:
Lucha Gnar
:getin:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the gently caress

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Just a reminder that tier 2 runes will now cost what they are actually worth: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/starter-tier-2-runes-go-1-ip-sale

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Malz/Ekko/Brand all make sense. Blitz is eternal bronze ban. The rest I don't think I've ever seen banned once. Weird.

It's not a list of what is typically banned, it's a list of what the site thinks you should ban in that elo.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo I need to actually hop on my Korea smurf and pick those up

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

All three are loving awesome, goddamn.

If skins werent hilariously overpriced I'd totally get Mundo or Gnar, easily worth 4 bux

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh poo poo a Volibear skin I actually want.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the skins are way better than the crap warden skins

ImpAtom posted:

Oh poo poo a Volibear skin I actually want.

Copbear was a good skin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's a goddamn disgrace that there's no Warwick wrestling skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwcSIBdOik

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fid is secretly a really good mid laner this patch, 2 E's can clear a wave while poking the other guy and a E and W with a bounce target just murderizes anything, he pushs fast and safe enough that he can roam often with his ult.

Might not be good next patch with 1 less bounce.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Not to mention the new dash item, in conjunction with his new passive, giving him some much needed movility to exploit his ult to its fullest

Fiddlesticks is in a nice and balanced place now, which means he's probably going to get nerfed because 1v1 bronzies get infuriated by melee range single target 3 second fears on a low damage barely-sustain squishy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Patch notes are up

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Holy poo poo

Gnar has gotten a ton of skins despite having to make them for two forms

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Not to mention the new dash item, in conjunction with his new passive, giving him some much needed movility to exploit his ult to its fullest

Fiddlesticks is in a nice and balanced place now, which means he's probably going to get nerfed because 1v1 bronzies get infuriated by melee range single target 3 second fears on a low damage barely-sustain squishy
He's getting a very slight nerf this patch (7 bounces to 6) which seems fair because 7 bounces was a little goofy

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
:siren: SWAGSTORM Using Zhonya’s Hourglass no longer interrupts Glacial Storm :siren:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the balanced fiddlesticks with his 55% winrate in plat+

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Radical posted:

the balanced fiddlesticks with his 55% winrate in plat+

Yeah seriously he's kind of busted right now lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
All the mages are enjoying the last patch quite a bit. Aside from the bounces all that's changed is that he can actually chase now, under certain circumstances.

He still does barely anything besides be a fearbot when his ult is down. I'd chalk his success up to current play being too focused on climactic spectator-friendly fights than Fiddles being OP. Same reason Veigar used to crush in chinese tourneys, since he could initiate on team blobs and burst a designated carry.

What I'm saying is that we need a new iteration of the TF + 5 fortifies strat.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Neurolimal posted:

All the mages are enjoying the last patch quite a bit. Aside from the bounces all that's changed is that he can actually chase now, under certain circumstances.

He still does barely anything besides be a fearbot when his ult is down.

There's another big change: He has CDR built into his ideal build path now, which means his ult is up more and when it's down he actually does a lot more sustained damage/can kite a lot longer.

From the games I've played the better itemization seems about as big as his passive.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played a game where we had an ashe and she ulted the fiddle out of his ult multiple times because he tried to do it in vision

i like to imagine that dude was really sad, but maybe he had accepted his fate long ago

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
cool nerfs for aurelion sol, the champion that nobody plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the way they pronounce Taliyah gives me literal brain aids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-XQ0Jb2MRs

• Locked thread