Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In the Luhukay, who I still find cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

In the Luhukay, who I still find cool and good.

Yeah, best decision Stuttgart made in quite a while.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Don't play Can as fullback.

Also how does Podolski keep making the German side? When was he last good for you guys?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
He's just there to keep spirits up in the team. Nothing else.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Yeah the guy is basically a mascot at this point.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I am 90% sure Poldi is only there because of long-running sponsorship obligations. I mean Thomas Müller has all but overtaken him as the face of Die Mannschaft but a lot of those earlier contracts are probably still valid and need him to be on the national team

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Why is Kramer not even on the extended team, has he been that bad this season? He started in the world cup final ffs I don't want to see a Kroos/Khedira central midfield...

In defense I am guessing there will either be a revival of the style where Höwedes plays full back or something that involves a back three.

Neuer
Rüdiger - Boateng - Hummels - Höwedes
Kroos - Weigl
Müller - Özil - Draxler
Gomez (Reus?)

Is what I would want to see. I'm going to be way disappointed imo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

elbkaida posted:

Why is Kramer not even on the extended team, has he been that bad this season? He started in the world cup final ffs I don't want to see a Kroos/Khedira central midfield...

We all forgot.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Thread title proven correct once again

elbkaida posted:

In defense I am guessing there will either be a revival of the style where Höwedes plays full back or something that involves a back three.

Neuer
Rüdiger - Boateng - Hummels - Höwedes
Kroos - Weigl
Müller - Özil - Draxler
Gomez (Reus?)

Is what I would want to see. I'm going to be way disappointed imo

What's wrong with Khedira? He's had a pretty good season.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
For me Khedira is a player to bring on in the last 30 minutes if you want to increase the intensity of a game, I think having him around the full time is a bit risky due to his all over the shop playstyle.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I don't know if this belongs in here but I have a man crush on Costa, he is looking fully good and sick so far.

:toxx: For 1 month if Bayern doesn't win the treble this year.

gently caress me, this hurts to read. Can i start my toxx now so i can post again for some of the euro's?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

elbkaida posted:

For me Khedira is a player to bring on in the last 30 minutes if you want to increase the intensity of a game, I think having him around the full time is a bit risky due to his all over the shop playstyle.

That's interesting - I've only ever wached him closely the year at Juve, but he wasn't like that at all for Juve. His big strengths were maintaining possession through short passing, good positioning, and making just the occasional overlapping run forward.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Eichin got fired for wanting Skripnik fired today, Baumann to take charge in his stead.

Also Marco Russ was first tested positive by NADA, then on second look the reason for his high HGC value was a tumour.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Eichin got fired for wanting Skripnik fired today, Baumann to take charge in his stead.

:eyepop:

drat, that's definitely unusual. I mean, neither of them as been doing a particularly great job given the position Bremen is in, but firing Eichin instead of Skripnik is weird.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Healbot posted:

Also Marco Russ was first tested positive by NADA, then on second look the reason for his high HGC value was a tumour.

or is it??

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smirr posted:

or is it??

lmao he read it all on the internet, listen to him!

In other news, Arsenal want to snap up Xhaka and tried their hand with a gigantic offer of €25m.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Healbot posted:

lmao he read it all on the internet, listen to him!

In other news, Arsenal want to snap up Xhaka and tried their hand with a gigantic offer of €25m.

It was being reported as 35-40 but yeah a bunch of sources are saying 25 now. He'll be off to City for 35m soon.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Come on you Nürnbergs

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I'm going to watch this.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
is this some type of playoff and whoever wins stays/goes to the 1st division? tasty

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Weaponized Cum posted:

is this some type of playoff and whoever wins stays/goes to the 1st division? tasty

It is.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Let's think about something entertaining for once, Nürnberg relegating as reigning champion in 1969.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu%C3%9Fball-Bundesliga_1968/69

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Own Goal strikes again

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol frankfurt just lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Welp, Russ scores a nice goal for Nürnberg.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

drat, Russ just having no luck at all today.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I almost feel sorry for the guy.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Does relegation have the away goal rule?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I almost feel bad for eintracht but then again..... lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

dogboy posted:

Does relegation have the away goal rule?

Yup, Europapokal-Arithmetrik.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Greyhawk posted:

drat, Russ just having no luck at all today.

Aaaand now he's banned for the next game

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

boo

also loling at the stadiumsprecher

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Pand posted:

boo

also loling at the stadiumsprecher

What did he do? I was watching it on mute.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He was getting exasperated telling the Nürnberg curve to stop using pyrotechnics every five minutes.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

quote:

Raphael Schäfer (Nürnberg)...

... über den an einem Tumor erkrankten Marco Russ: "Wenn einer wirklich schwer krank ist, dann kann er heute kein Fußball spielen."

:captainpop:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Xhaka to Arsenal would own, but I don't really see the point.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yes it would make the Folen that much more likeable and I could actually enjoy the games of my favorite talent Elvedi (who left us too early).
Assholes being transferred to England is always good

Really looking forward to the pounding Die Mannschaft will get at the Euro with their lovely defense. It will be better than that one time I watched Austria lose to the Faroes on ORF 1
Here's hoping Mehmed Scholl will be there to comment on the amateurish play of Hector and his similarly untalented friends

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Leverkusen have signed Volland from Hoffenheim. That's a pretty good transfer; not really sure why Hoffenheim were willing to sell him.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Xhaka is obviously Basel scum, but he's also pretty good. Just not sure Arsenal need him; I don't think he's creative enough to replace / supplement Cazorla, and that should be priority one. But I guess Wengy knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFnE_GeGalw/

This was supposedly on the Schalke front page for a couple of minutes before it got taken down.

• Locked thread