Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This is going to be the first mod I ever download! It looks really amazing! Do I need to do anything special to load a mod, besides downloading it off of Steam?

Also, does this mod have anything in it to act as "influence", for lack of a better word, from the outside world? With no France to worry about I would imagine that would make Burgandy a lot more potent.

France is in, just, like... the edges of France? Ditto Poland?

it looks incredible and i'm in love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Judging by that screenshot it looks like there is a France as a single state to the west to represent it but I wonder how the mod will simulate France's conflicts and growths if it does at all. Speaking of which, does it not have Denmark or more importantly, the Ottomans? Having nothing outside of HRE also means it can't simulate the Netherlands or Venice's trades that well.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hints do Naples? Not in that mod just ya know all dlc eu4.

I've broken away from Aragon with Castile and France's help. They broke alliance soon after. Pope helped me too but he peaced out early and broke right away.

After I was independent I full annexed the Pope and then gave Rome back because I didn't want -1 diprep

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
1650 in my new France game and I may finally get cut down to size. Spain coalitioned me while with the loving Ottomans. If Austria and the PLC can hold off the Ottomans, maybe I can take Spain and most of the HRE. After 10 years of rebels, this was a lovely time, but I give props to the AI for realizing when I needed a break.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

Hints do Naples? Not in that mod just ya know all dlc eu4.

I've broken away from Aragon with Castile and France's help. They broke alliance soon after. Pope helped me too but he peaced out early and broke right away.

After I was independent I full annexed the Pope and then gave Rome back because I didn't want -1 diprep

got back home and loaded up the save

im basically in the "Naples Spot" i need two cores of aragon to take back what i rightfully own and then I have all of italy in the HRE still. I suppose I just try and snake these last two cores of aragon and wait until the HRE breaks off Italy event or w/e?

e: i just need to hang on to Ancona and Urbino to force the SHADOW KINGDOM event? err to trigger it? will i be allowed to attack them w/o fighting austria or whoever is emperor? ahhh loving HRE jerks go away i want to be italy

e2: just me and austria and savoy up against a 9 country coalition at 1469 :I i don think i should have taken rome at first
savoy did eat all of southern Provence though. Castile and France are not a part of this so i'm glad. time to merc up and attach to austria i guess~~

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 15, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i quit because i was ultra hosed.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

verbal enema posted:

i quit because i was ultra hosed.

That is pretty much the story of my life

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Crazy HRE mod trip report: France has some small areas so it is at least somewhat represented, along with Aragon and Poland. Game crashes every time on first day roll over for me though. I suspect it is because I am running an older version of EU IV.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I got my nose bloodied by savoy as France post-Burgundian inheritance. Look upon my shame and learn my friends.

I think I let my army sit for too long due to Europe turning into a mess of alliances between all the great powers and I didn't want to kick up a hornets nest so instead I let my army tradition flounder.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 15, 2016

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I was called into an alliance war, and more fool me, I accepted. Does the AI place some importance on eliminating the human players armies over everything else? I've had a 15k strong Brandenburg army chase my 6k army for months - even though I'm not sieging them, and in fact am at least three countries away. Twice his armies bypassed Silesia to head deep south into Hungary to attack me, as I cower in the mountains. Meanwhile the idiot AI has lost all its armies, is sitting at -24%, has one free territory but no cash - and refuses to make peace. I assume because it has 'high war enthusiasm'. Jerks.

I really get the feeling that I shouldn't get involved with alliances?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Not really, the ai seems to know the value of a stack wipe

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

verbal enema posted:

got back home and loaded up the save

im basically in the "Naples Spot" i need two cores of aragon to take back what i rightfully own and then I have all of italy in the HRE still. I suppose I just try and snake these last two cores of aragon and wait until the HRE breaks off Italy event or w/e?

e: i just need to hang on to Ancona and Urbino to force the SHADOW KINGDOM event? err to trigger it? will i be allowed to attack them w/o fighting austria or whoever is emperor? ahhh loving HRE jerks go away i want to be italy

e2: just me and austria and savoy up against a 9 country coalition at 1469 :I i don think i should have taken rome at first
savoy did eat all of southern Provence though. Castile and France are not a part of this so i'm glad. time to merc up and attach to austria i guess~~

You don't need to hang onto them, just make sure that they don't belong to an HRE member. I don't have much experience with Naples, but I'd say try to buddy up with the Ottomans and use them as your sledge hammer against the Empire.

e: The hardest part about forming Italy is all the super developed provinces you have to take. Even outside of the HRE you're likely to get a coalition if you take a big province like Milan or Rome. Influence ideas are practically mandatory.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 15, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah full annexing the Pope did not impress literally every country around me

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

Yeah full annexing the Pope did not impress literally every country around me

If you want to form Italy I'd go protestant, so you don't get the crap modifier for owning it. Or just releasing it after you form Italy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tsyni posted:

If you want to form Italy I'd go protestant, so you don't get the crap modifier for owning it. Or just releasing it after you form Italy.

Oh this was like 6 years into the game. I was a bit far off that

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

Oh this was like 6 years into the game. I was a bit far off that

I know, I know. Just saying, since Rome is a pain to take that early.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tsyni posted:

I know, I know. Just saying, since Rome is a pain to take that early.

Oh gotcha. Yeah owning urbino and Ancona no one gave a poo poo about.

Wish I was able to snag that lower island Naples has cores on so I could have just hosed off to North Africa for a bit

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

Wish I was able to snag that lower island Naples has cores on so I could have just hosed off to North Africa for a bit

Heading into North Africa I'd highly recommend using vassals to expand because most of the countries there have increased coring costs so it can be pricey on admin points.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
You don't get the modifier if you're Italy.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Naples can easily convert to Orthodox via rebels too.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Tsyni posted:

I seem to remember getting an event to set the pope up in the Vatican while keeping the actual province of Rome after forming Italy as a Catholic.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

1. Get mission: "Subjugate X".
2. Ask X politely to be protectorate, they agree.
3. Fail mission.

Wow.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

1. Get mission: "Subjugate X".
2. Ask X politely to be protectorate, they agree.
3. Fail mission.

Wow.

And there's the "Conquer X" missions where you gotta annex the provinces, you can't just feed them to your vassal.

The mission system could use some tweaking.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mehrunes posted:

You don't get the modifier if you're Italy.

Oh really? I wonder if that's changed in the last little while. I could probably be misremembering as well.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
How is EU4 nowdays? Last time Ive played it was a bit after Art of War, it seems like a lot have changed since.

In the paradox general thread I saw some people complaining that the last DLCs added a bunch of bad systems to the game and that is now a lot worst than it used to be and got curious , what exactly is so different now?

I was wanting to go back to the game and was almost grabbing the latest DLCs on a sale

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The game is fine, but some people like to complain about the new systems of corruption and states/territories. It's a bit like when idiots were complaining about the forts.

Instead of the old normal core/distant overseas distinction you now have States and Territories.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Territories_and_states

Corruption is a value that goes up if you're overextended or your religious unity is low. It makes stuff more expensive and it's not really a big issue at all. If you keep your corruption at 0 you can get some good events, including free +1 stability.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Corruption

Spy Networks are another new thing, instead of just fabricating claims you now build a spy network and once you get a certain amount of "spy points" you can instantly make claims.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Espionage#Spy_network_construction

Oh and you now have manpower for ships, they're called sailors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Elman posted:

And there's the "Conquer X" missions where you gotta annex the provinces, you can't just feed them to your vassal.

The mission system could use some tweaking.

Feeding them to your vassals isn't conquering them :colbert:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

How is EU4 nowdays? Last time Ive played it was a bit after Art of War, it seems like a lot have changed since.

In the paradox general thread I saw some people complaining that the last DLCs added a bunch of bad systems to the game and that is now a lot worst than it used to be and got curious , what exactly is so different now?

I was wanting to go back to the game and was almost grabbing the latest DLCs on a sale

I don't think that Mare Nostrum is worth the full price, but I enjoy Cossacks. For the new "bad" core game systems:

States/territories is actually a very good system that circumvents a common gimmick in "high-level" play (vassal blocking) by giving you more direct control in a semi-historical way, but grognards on the Paradox forums dislike because they are grognards and therefore hate change

Corruption is not great unless you thought that small non-Western powers needed to be made less powerful, which is what Corruption is designed to do.

The latest espionage changes are good and let you choose to either minimize risk in claims fabrication, the downside is that the new system requires more involvement on the part of the player (or much less involvement if you just want to let a huge spy network get built up and then generate a ton of claims all at once)

Sailors kind of take the piss out of nations that have 1 coastal province, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you have a tiny sliver of coast then it's normal for you to not be able to build a huge navy overnight

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MrBling posted:

Corruption is a value that goes up if you're overextended or your religious unity is low. It makes stuff more expensive and it's not really a big issue at all. If you keep your corruption at 0 you can get some good events, including free +1 stability.

"-8 ducats/month to keep Corruption at 0 growth as a mid-sized Shia power in the Middle East, no big deal"

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I don't have Cossacks or Mare Nostrum but I'm playing the game on the current patch and I'm having a total blast right now. I think I just cracked 800 hours and the game's never been more fun (I'm playing a game as England though, so I can't speak to how corruption is ruining the non-western world). I don't love the Corruption mechanic and Parliament (which is only really an English problem) is a micromanaged pain in the rear end (although also a great way to get cheap stability points), but overall the game's at least as fun as it's ever been.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CK2 vs EU4? Own the former but haven't played it a ton. I know CK is more about families and dynasties whereas EU is more about countries. Trying to get into it though.

My favorite part about paradox games is the 500 hour playtime entry requirement.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Eej posted:

"-8 ducats/month to keep Corruption at 0 growth as a mid-sized Shia power in the Middle East, no big deal"

Last patch notes said they reduced corruption for religious unity by a lot, didn't they? How is that playing out? I haven't played on the new patch yet.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Thanks, corruption seems kinda bad, but the rest looks fun

What DLCs do I need to be able to have parliament and states and the spy thing?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

Thanks, corruption seems kinda bad, but the rest looks fun

What DLCs do I need to be able to have parliament and states and the spy thing?

Just Common Sense for Parliaments (it's one of the best DLCs, well worth it). States are in vanilla, as well as most of the spy stuff. I think the only thing missing is the ability to steal maps but that's not a big deal.

Elman fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 17, 2016

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stupid newbie question--if I'm playing as England and just want to offload all my continental provinces so that France doesn't bother me about it, what's the best way to do it?

I was able to sell every province except gascony, which nobody wanted, even for free, because nobody accepted the culture. Couldn't sell to France because they chose me as a rival.

I guess I can just break them loose as a subject and say "good luck with all that" when France attacks them? Or is there a better way to ditch a province that nobody will take off your hands?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can't you decrease autonomy until it rebels and then just let it ferment until it breaks off?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Stupid newbie question--if I'm playing as England and just want to offload all my continental provinces so that France doesn't bother me about it, what's the best way to do it?

I was able to sell every province except gascony, which nobody wanted, even for free, because nobody accepted the culture. Couldn't sell to France because they chose me as a rival.

I guess I can just break them loose as a subject and say "good luck with all that" when France attacks them? Or is there a better way to ditch a province that nobody will take off your hands?

Just ally with Castile and Austria and watch them gleefully disassemble France when France makes the mistake of declaring war on you anyway. It's not really necessary to ditch your French holdings anymore.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

There's a "return province to owner" button but it might be locked behind a dlc.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cool and good posted:

There's a "return province to owner" button but it might be locked behind a dlc.

I have all the dlc but I never noticed that button...I'll look harder I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
How do I get vassals to give me occupied land back? Like if they can't core poo poo and I hosed myself out of anything good from a war?

• Locked thread