Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/PrinceCGR/status/732308231679266816
https://twitter.com/StardustWWE/status/732309152182239232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Face to Face is a good band.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Cody with a Two-Face gimmick would be great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rehash the recent Demon/Corporate Kane angle except with Stardust and Link for some reason.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He's got one Stardust glove on in the first pic, if he turned around he's probably half half his face done up in the paint

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what if cody rhodes didn't have a lovely gimmick

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Rehash the recent Demon/Corporate Kane angle except with Stardust and Link for some reason.

Y.. yeah, I'd watch that.

And maybe we have a new Brothers of Destruction?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oatgan posted:

would still be not as good as goldust

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

would still be not as good as goldust

that goes without saying, few people in wwe are

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Just not so much lately...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

What if WWE booked Stardust correctly instead of rando dude who enjoys losing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

impossible

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

impossible

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/732384859021266945

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

Stardust was given time and Sami Zayn to work with at Roadblock and managed to have a lovely match.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Thauros posted:

Stardust was given time and Sami Zayn to work with at Roadblock and managed to have a lovely match.

Whoever agented that match was a dumbass. Should've been a convincing victory for Sami, but instead he got his rear end kicked for 15 minutes and then won with his move.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Oh yeah. I have no idea who agented that match but whoever it was should have been fired.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Roadblock more like Roadbump

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I completely forgot Roadblock was a thing that happened.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Endless Mike posted:

I was actually just browsing the network yesterday and saw Roadblock and had no idea what the gently caress that was. It even happened on my birthday.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

I was there and I forgot it happened till just now. What a nothing event.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Happy Birthday! WWE got you a near-complete failure of a wrestling show!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

had a better main event than mania

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Wrestlemania was a total failure of a wrestling show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like to pretend that Dean Ambrose beat HHH, setting up a beautiful heel turn for Roman Reigns and everyone's kinda turning him face because he's awesome and cool.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That Roadblock GDT was depressing. Everyone positive about the main event ending was like "it's fine, now he looks strong so him beating Brock makes sense"

6 weeks later :smith:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I paid for Ambrose/Triple H and to see Brock chump Bray Wyatt and I still feel ripped off for half of that

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

That Roadblock GDT was depressing. Everyone positive about the main event ending was like "it's fine, now he looks strong so him beating Brock makes sense"

6 weeks later :smith:

I still believe that the way the brock match was done is still the most inexcusable decision in all of mania, especially with hindsight since they're almost certainly doing fuckall with Brock until summerslam at the earliest and of all the people who needed a big, defining win at mania, dean was by far the most deserving

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ParanoidInc posted:

I still believe that the way the brock match was done is still the most inexcusable decision in all of mania, especially with hindsight since they're almost certainly doing fuckall with Brock until summerslam at the earliest and of all the people who needed a big, defining win at mania, dean was by far the most deserving

:agreed:

gently caress Brock's "mystique". His schtick has gotten REALLY stale, the best matches he's had since returning (singles) were before the advent of Suplex City.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ParanoidInc posted:

It would've been silly to have Dean beat Brock unless they have plans to push him above his current level (and :lol: if expect this without a heel turn).

Still, there's no excuse for the match itself being entirely mediocre and while Brock/Cena I was amazing they really need to stop running the suplex based match into the ground like they do most everything else.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

It would've been silly to have Dean beat Brock unless they have plans to push him above his current level (and :lol: if expect this without a heel turn).

Still, there's no excuse for the match itself being entirely mediocre and while Brock/Cena I was amazing they really need to stop running the suplex based match into the ground like they do most everything else.

They easily could've have Dean lose a war. Instead, we got...what we got.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lesnar/ambrose was like one of those network special house show matches

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Wacky face Ambrose sucks so I'm glad Brock crushed him tbh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:agreed:

gently caress Brock's "mystique". His schtick has gotten REALLY stale, the best matches he's had since returning (singles) were before the advent of Suplex City.

I'm like the biggest Brock mark around and I totally agree. Brock needs more offense than suplex x15, f5, match over. The last above-average match Brock's been involved in was the triple threat at RR15.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I mentioned in the GDT this week that Lesnar/Ambrose in a street fight was my dream matchup to end all dream matchups. In my head I saw it going like Brock's PPV debut against Jeff Hardy where Hardy gets all his moves in and looks strong but it's just not enough.

Instead I got a match where you could have replaced Ambrose with literally any jobber on the roster and it would have been the same thing.

It was my first true WWE moment since getting back into wrestling :negative:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maybe it was supposed to be a much different match and Brock just started shooting on Ambrose.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
If only Seth was waiting in the wings to call an audible and stop him this time.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't think the problem is Brock as a performer, he's shown he can put on good matches when the person he's booked against is someone we're supposed to perceive as a threat--Dean just was not at any point whatsoever presented as that kind of threat, not in the buildup and especially not in the match itself, so said match got the one-sided suplexes/F5/pin treatment just like Dean was Kofi, and that was completely loving stupid and one of the most shortsighted creative decisions they've made in a long, long time.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Right, Brock can still put on a good match. His match with Roman and the Undertaker series over the last year were awesome. It's just that WWE seems to be perfectly content having him sleepwalk through anyone who isn't a face of the company type of guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst the Wrestlemania match with Ambrose wasn't quite as lovely as a lot of people are saying it is, I approve of this half-arsed Brock.

The man doesn't really care about wrestling, or the wrestling business, and has managed to get the biggest promoter in the world to pay him big bucks for a part time schedule that includes free holidays to Japan and Hawaii.

Good on you Brock.