Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

own it or change it, imo. either is morally and intellectually superior to pretending it doesnt exist and lying about it when called on it by an outsider just because they are an outsider

I'm entirely apathetic "Edgy Racism" because just about every alliance in eve is chock full of this "Gigantic Edgelord thinks Casual Racism is the Funniest Thing" up to and including PL. If Unfunny Poster really was on this wild crusade for good he'd probably start by cleaning his own glass house filled with awful people instead of pitching stones at ours. But this would imply he actually gave a poo poo about casual racism in our lovely spaceship video game instead of just using it as the most boring concern troll/fake outrage because I'm totally not mad at those goonies for whatever the reason is for this week.

Me? I vote with my feet. If someone is doing/saying something that makes me wildly uncomfortable, I jet. This is why I don't go on boat fleets and have generally viewed them as cancer since like 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

unfunny poster why you gotta be the most disingenuous idiot since d-names

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm entirely apathetic "Edgy Racism" because just about every alliance in eve is chock full of this "Gigantic Edgelord thinks Casual Racism is the Funniest Thing" up to and including PL. If Unfunny Poster really was on this wild crusade for good he'd probably start by cleaning his own glass house filled with awful people instead of pitching stones at ours. But this would imply he actually gave a poo poo about casual racism in our lovely spaceship video game instead of just using it as the most boring concern troll/fake outrage because I'm totally not mad at those goonies for whatever the reason is for this week.

Me? I vote with my feet. If someone is doing/saying something that makes me wildly uncomfortable, I jet. This is why I don't go on boat fleets and have generally viewed them as cancer since like 2011.

Can you take us all to your safe zone?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281990/

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dragonstalking posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773671&userid=40838 yeah here now shut up about racism or whatever you idiots have been arguing about for pages ty

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5qpyxRR-A

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Hey Vyst I know this was 200 responses back but be careful with the Vicodin bro, too much and you literally give yourself acute liver failure.

This kills the Vyst.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Hey Vyst I know this was 200 responses back but be careful with the Vicodin bro, too much and you literally give yourself acute liver failure.

This kills the Vyst.

I've only been taking one per day. So hopefully I'm good

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

If Unfunny Poster really was on this wild crusade for good he'd probably start by cleaning his own glass house filled with awful people instead of pitching stones at ours.

Except I do, and pretty regularly, tell people they're stupid fucks for using racist (or whatever else is socially frowned upon) language in TYOOL 2016.

That's both here and on PL services, as well as the SA Discord. :shrug:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/ud1PJNl.webm

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

own it or change it, imo. either is morally and intellectually superior to pretending it doesnt exist and lying about it when called on it by an outsider just because they are an outsider

nobody, especially me, is claiming it doesn't exist. if you point something that's still around then i'll generally try to do something about it though

i'm just not going to tolerate the idiot making poo poo up that actually doesn't exist and i'm not interested in letting him try to make poo poo up wholesale and his making poo poo up wholesale makes it so any reasoned discussions about the problems that exist get mixed with the fantasies of an idiot in a way that makes it impossible to have a useful conversation because most of it needs to be slapping down whatever nonsense he's trying to slip in so that it gets credibility by being linked to real problems

bangers and hash
Sep 27, 2003
Obligatory custom title.
Well, this thread got even fuckin dumber. Awesome.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I just discovered I can't change other people's names and now I'm sad. :saddowns:

You're safe for now Daco Vato and Dunfunny Poster.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Rude as hell

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Carth Dookie posted:

I just discovered I can't change other people's names and now I'm sad. :saddowns:

You're safe for now Daco Vato and Dunfunny Poster.

When I namechanged I seriously almost did "DPaco Vato" but Daco Vato is honestly a bit better and I would think that was pretty funny if it were possible.

We may have our differences (I don't know who you are in goonfleetswarmwaffe but I have an idea maybe) but humor is certainly the key to my heart.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
does anyone wanna twist the knife if you know what i mean :wink:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I been out of town for a week is the war over yet? Who won and who is having the most fun?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except I do, and pretty regularly, tell people they're stupid fucks for using racist (or whatever else is socially frowned upon) language in TYOOL 2016.

That's both here and on PL services, as well as the SA Discord. :shrug:

:a2m: SUCK MY DICK WHITE AMERICA! :a2m:

Your move.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

I been out of town for a week is the war over yet? Who won and who is having the most fun?

I hereby declare myself winner and supreme funhaver. czechmate imperiumailures :smug:

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Orange Red Bull posted:

From what I hear, it isn't Goonswarm. But what do I know, everyone who talks to me and tells me things hates Goonswarm. :zoid:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
So maybe someone can explain to me why anyone gives a poo poo that sov is taken from goons, or that the MBC may lose sov in the near future. I understand that metagaming exists in all titles, but the way people lean into pro-goon/pro-MBC propaganda seems....super cultish and weird.

Is it because there is legit that much bad blood between the factions?

I thought the whole point anyone plays this game was to engage in "the butterfly effect" (like in that one trailer ages ago) where the situation is literally different every day. That's what draws people into a long term subscription no? I mean, discounting carebear poo poo. I plan to just PLEX for my PvP ships, because ratting sucks dick and mining is awwwwwful.

This seems like the best time for the game, considering there was a long period in the past where power never shifted hands for like years, and that sounds super gay and boring. So maybe one of you dudes who have seen many winters can sit me down on their lap for a storytime as to why people seem to have so much space-salt over arbitrary space-borders.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Orange Red Bull posted:

War never ends. Since we reset FCON I'm pretty sure that Hole Squad is having the most fun, though.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh yes. Once my wife's grandad passes and I have some time I'm going to camp FCON pipes for about a month.

bangers and hash
Sep 27, 2003
Obligatory custom title.
I may just come back for that.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Xolve posted:

EverQuest never did PvP right. Ever.

You shut your whore mouth. PVP in Everquest was PERFECT.

Rooting dudes for hours so they couldn't log out. Killing them if they quit and then stealing their stuff. PERFECT.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Jegan Ace posted:

So maybe someone can explain to me why anyone gives a poo poo that sov is taken from goons, or that the MBC may lose sov in the near future. I understand that metagaming exists in all titles, but the way people lean into pro-goon/pro-MBC propaganda seems....super cultish and weird.

Is it because there is legit that much bad blood between the factions?

I thought the whole point anyone plays this game was to engage in "the butterfly effect" (like in that one trailer ages ago) where the situation is literally different every day. That's what draws people into a long term subscription no? I mean, discounting carebear poo poo. I plan to just PLEX for my PvP ships, because ratting sucks dick and mining is awwwwwful.

This seems like the best time for the game, considering there was a long period in the past where power never shifted hands for like years, and that sounds super gay and boring. So maybe one of you dudes who have seen many winters can sit me down on their lap for a storytime as to why people seem to have so much space-salt over arbitrary space-borders.

My mental inventory of the situation:

* There's a small handful of entities in the game who have legit bad blood with Goons. TEST, MOA, and OSS were old allies who turned enemies; NCDOT, meanwhile, has all the old remnants of BoB and see this as their revenge.

* There's a much larger handful of entities who have no long-standing bad blood with Goons, but like to see the big bad guy taken down a notch, and are throwing in to be part of it.

* There's a few core entities in the game who are perfectly willing to support the above entities (and, more often than not) egg them on. Take PL/PH, for example; they don't really consider Goons to be their forever enemies, like TEST does. But, they figured that they could profit significantly from our demise, both politically and isk-wise, so they're content to play along, even if they abhor their allies of convenience.

* Finally, there's opportunists who are looking for the best way to profit from the power vacuum in the North. TISHU, Shortbus, Blood Covenant, etc. are in this group.

All of this was aided along by IWI, who had a blood feud with SMA (one of Goons' oldest allies) and paid most of the above entities a patently ridiculous amount of money -- by their own admission, on the order of trillions per week -- to work together against Goons. This isn't a prime cause, but it caused everyone to cooperate together when normally they wouldn't; for example, normally PL and TEST are bitter enemies, as is DARK and TEST, but the isk was enough for them to put aside their differences.

It has, indeed, temporarily reenergized the game. But we'll see how long that lasts.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

Oh yes. Once my wife's grandad passes and I have some time I'm going to camp FCON pipes for about a month.

maybe my kids will die in a car crash, and i can buy plexes with the grocery money i'd save

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

* There's a small handful of entities in the game who have legit bad blood with Goons. TEST, MOA, and OSS were old allies who turned enemies; NCDOT, meanwhile, has all the old remnants of BoB and see this as their revenge.

* There's a much larger handful of entities who have no long-standing bad blood with Goons, but like to see the big bad guy taken down a notch, and are throwing in to be part of it.

* There's a few core entities in the game who are perfectly willing to support the above entities (and, more often than not) egg them on. Take PL/PH, for example; they don't really consider Goons to be their forever enemies, like TEST does. But, they figured that they could profit significantly from our demise, both politically and isk-wise, so they're content to play along, even if they abhor their allies of convenience.

* Finally, there's opportunists who are looking for the best way to profit from the power vacuum in the North. TISHU, Shortbus, Blood Covenant, etc. are in this group.

All of this was aided along by IWI, who had a blood feud with SMA (one of Goons' oldest allies) and paid most of the above entities a patently ridiculous amount of money -- by their own admission, on the order of trillions per week -- to work together against Goons. This isn't a prime cause, but it caused everyone to cooperate together when normally they wouldn't; for example, normally PL and TEST are bitter enemies, as is DARK and TEST, but the isk was enough for them to put aside their differences.

It has, indeed, temporarily reenergized the game. But we'll see how long that lasts.

This is a good non-"my dumb space guild is amazing because...." infested summary.

I'd add that unlike other regions in the game's conquerable map, the Norther area that GoonSwarm Fed & their allies held was untouched for the better part of 6 years which was also a big incentive for people to take up what is essentially EVE's version of a WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

In the past two months there's been the whole "niggertown" thing, the ardent defense to call players who make money in-EVE "jews" in this thread, and the numerous times people have called someone else a "friend of the family" on GSF comms, including when they were broadcasted live on Twitch. :shrug:

Lol man whoever said that on twitch sounds like a real McAsshole

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

I bet that link is Stellaris....

yep

mmmmmm delicious Stellaris.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Test and PL aren't bitter enemies. They've worked together plenty of times and a lot of the dudes that migrated out during the Hero days are on good terms with people. Intel is regularly shared between the groups as well :S

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Carth Dookie posted:

i said no to the wordsalad not killing fcon

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
MoA was never a ~close ally~, they were retards that got blued just because someone didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of being shot by them. They were rightfully reset because that was retarded.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol man whoever said that on twitch sounds like a real McAsshole

Why is there such a backlash about people trying to make money off of a game that is all about making money?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mnoba posted:

maybe my kids will die in a car crash, and i can buy plexes with the grocery money i'd save

I dithered on how to sensitively explain that I have irl responsibilities as my wife's grandad is in palliative care and we're waiting for "the call" as neatly as possible without it sounding like I'm circling his hospital bed like a buzzard waiting for the last gasp. Apparently I failed.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i said no to the wordsalad not killing fcon

Oh right. Would you like to camp with me? I shall bring cheap domestic beer and roast beef sandwiches.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Carth Dookie posted:

Mnoba posted:

Carth Dookie posted:

Apparently I failed.

Not if you were trying to make me laugh my rear end off, no you didn't.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is a good non-"my dumb space guild is amazing because...." infested summary.

I'd add that unlike other regions in the game's conquerable map, the Norther area that GoonSwarm Fed & their allies held was untouched for the better part of 6 years which was also a big incentive for people to take up what is essentially EVE's version of a WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

To be fair, the CFC was also about the only viable 0.0 opponent left for PL, a few months ago when this conflict started and the server population was easily half what it is at the moment.

PL is smart enough to not start a war with Rusrus, so that ruled out much of the East. (Plus, NC is unlikely to participate in any Eastern war that might put their rentals at risk.) Querious/Delve wouldn't be a challenge, and it'd also starve PH of content while they were growing. Fountain is a pain to attack -- or, at least it was pre-Citadel -- due to its veins of NPC space and the fact that you basically only have one convenient invasion point in Hophib.

Speaking of NPC space, the North is also the easiest part of the map to attack due to the little veins of NPC space in it. In terms of cyno range, ease of staging, ease of getting replacements from Jita, etc, it's piss-easy to create a multifront war in the North by staging in Black Rise, or Lonetrek, or Venal. (Especially Venal, now that you can drop Citadels to create safe cyno locations within range of The Forge.) In exchange for that, it's reasonably lucrative if you can hold it.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

ullerrm posted:

*An excellent, balanced and non-culty summary of the current situation*
:viggo:

Thank you sir. If you had a newsletter, I would have already subscribed.

Also, those IWantIsk space saudis sound scarily, filthy rich. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Regrettable Drunk posted:

You shut your whore mouth. PVP in Everquest was PERFECT.

Rooting dudes for hours so they couldn't log out. Killing them if they quit and then stealing their stuff. PERFECT.

And that one dude on Sullon Zek who went afk for the night and got pked. Only to respawn in zone to his bind spot which was quickly discovered. Those people killed him over and over until he went from max level to levle 3 or some poo poo. The autist actually releveled from being a newbie to max again almost immediately.

• Locked thread