Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I've gotta ask how anyone ever manages to get perma banned because I'm king of passive-aggression and I've never even gotten a notification that I've been reported too many times and need to "chill out"
slurs or telling people to kill themselves, mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Sometimes grandma dies and you gotta break out some 1920s racial / homophobic slurs you just can't help it, it's more of an homage than anything else.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I've gotta ask how anyone ever manages to get perma banned because I'm king of passive-aggression and I've never even gotten a notification that I've been reported too many times and need to "chill out"

TT players are really thin skinned, and fewer players + "not the real map" means any criticism or suggestions fester into the postgame room. I was a douche due to IRL stuff, but trust me when I say that, having played like 4000 TT games since LoL was released, TT players are and will forever be very fragile about being bad on a casual map.

Libertine posted:

Sometimes grandma dies and you gotta break out some 1920s racial / homophobic slurs you just can't help it, it's more of an homage than anything else.

You get points for not suggesting a gay poster was calling people faggots, but also an uncomfortable stare for using Just World Fallacy to make me into a frothing bigot to justify being banned after losing a loved one. Some people just take loss in the family hard.

For the record, I've never said anything bigoted in a MOBA, never told someone to kill themselves (I have depression FFS), not even using the classic "please uninstall". Any goon that's played with me can attest to me being a chill and helpful guy.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I played for the first time in almost 2 years and everything is different.
Help

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sol is kind of like swain in how he doesn't really Feel powerful even while you're grinding the other team into dust, and swain also spent a long time at like 53% winrate 3% playrate before they hosed him up

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Can anyone tell me if you can use Taliyah's pop up to knock Gromp over the wall and into lane resetting him?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you got permabanned. you did something, maybe while blacked out?

thin skin doesn't get people permad, lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Verviticus posted:

you got permabanned. you did something, maybe while blacked out?

thin skin doesn't get people permad, lol

when you play 4000 games with thin skinned people, and aggressively calling someone an idiot when they flip out at the suggestion of "quicksilver sash is a great and underused item, it will help a great deal against this Malzahar", does.

Them reports, they add up over time friend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RC Cola posted:

I played for the first time in almost 2 years and everything is different.
Help
there's a guy defending his permaban and a discussion of garen winning lane by ramming his face into people, how is this different

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I got perma'd 4 years ago but that's when riot's system really was trash.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Methanar posted:

I got perma'd 4 years ago but that's when riot's system really was trash.

This is also a factor; remember that these were the dark times of Tribunal giving a bunch of IP for picking the "right" choice on reports (i.e the one everyone else picked [i.e punish]), unless you were a saint in the chatlog the interns who skimmed through each case had enough reasonable doubt to go along with the consensus.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Neurolimal posted:

This is also a factor; remember that these were the dark times of Tribunal giving a bunch of IP for picking the "right" choice on reports (i.e the one everyone else picked [i.e punish]), unless you were a saint in the chatlog the interns who skimmed through each case had enough reasonable doubt to go along with the consensus.

The system was so infantile it couldn't give you the chat logs, it also had a great feedback system when it would become infinitely more sensitive after your first ban. I got banned almost immediately after my 2 week ban expiring several times. Once I got a new account I've literally never had another problem

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Neurolimal posted:

The system was so infantile it couldn't give you the chat logs, it also had a great feedback system when it would become infinitely more sensitive after your first ban. I got banned almost immediately after my 2 week ban expiring several times. Once I got a new account I've literally never had another problem

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i clicked punish every time on my way to a 95% success rate

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

i clicked punish every time on my way to a 95% success rate

same

i will say though everytime I saw someone get perma'd I checked the logs and hoo boy they deserved it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
You still had to do some really heinous poo poo to get perma'd back in the day. I remember one goon a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago made some kinda team using a homophobic slur in the name, told Pendragon at the time he was being discriminatory towards homosexuals, then Pendragon laid out logs and the bazillion reports he got then changed the name and perma'd the guy. Name escapes me but now he plays dota I think

Then there was some other guy that was a HoN sperg that transfered to League that tested out the leavebuster thing by constantly quitting games endlessly until his account was banned for the next 300 years.

Basically you had to be one hell of an rear end in a top hat to get in deep poo poo in the old days. People give Lyte poo poo but the game became a lot more pleasant from the first two seasons of the game and I'm pretty sure the guy was at least to some degree responsible for it improving.

Luna Was Here posted:

i will say though everytime I saw someone get perma'd I checked the logs and hoo boy they deserved it

Yeah, those cases were abundantly clear that those people were tremendous sacks of poo poo. I kinda miss the tribunal, honestly.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 18, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah, well. The thing about the old tribunal is that you had to get reported a lot to even show up there, and then it just pulls random reports to show people Punish/Pardon so sometimes people would look completely innocent because of a couple reports that came because someone stole red buff from their ADC or post-game lobby stuff.

But if you ever popped up in the Tribunal there was always a good reason you were there, it wasn't just because of five or six false reports. It was more like 30 or 40 reports over a month. The average person got reported like 15 times a year back then if they weren't being toxic.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Also I think the ribbon thing was a really excellent idea in theory but it kinda fell flat after a while. That kinda carrot on a stick mentality really made the game super pleasant for a few months. They ought to do something like that again.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think the honor system is even a part of the new client anymore but I could be wrong. Its just such a pointless feature with no reward attached to it, idk why they don't just rip off Overwatch and have people vote for an MVP of sorts and then give that person like +150 IP

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

Also I think the ribbon thing was a really excellent idea in theory but it kinda fell flat after a while. That kinda carrot on a stick mentality really made the game super pleasant for a few months. They ought to do something like that again.
The reason why it failed was because you needed an absurd amount of honors per game/percentage of games played and people lost interest in it pretty quick. I had Green and Blue ribbons on separate accounts for a while and they decayed because nobody ever gave anything except honorable opponent. Also honors from your friends didn't mean poo poo because they weighted them down if you were queued with them

If there were rewards for maintaining them then people would care again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think it also needs to be a more mandatory part of the client. Instead of you having to actively click on the button and then pick one of the options, just have the post game results screen have something like MOST WARDS PLACED (honor for teamwork) MOST DAMAGE DONE (honor for honorable opponent)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I didn't see a huge change in attitude from the honor system; people were a bit less blatantly antagonistic, but that was replaced with "honor you if you honor me" begging

IIRC it was really easy to lose the ribbons too, I had a Teamwork ribbon for like, a week at most.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

:toot: rip chosen master yi, you have served your purpose

e: wait lmao that's just the shard's value i need another 2k to make it permanent :negative:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Neurolimal posted:

You get points for not suggesting a gay poster was calling people faggots, but also an uncomfortable stare for using Just World Fallacy to make me into a frothing bigot to justify being banned after losing a loved one. Some people just take loss in the family hard.

For the record, I've never said anything bigoted in a MOBA, never told someone to kill themselves (I have depression FFS), not even using the classic "please uninstall". Any goon that's played with me can attest to me being a chill and helpful guy.

It's hilarious to me that you are trying to justify this. To get permabanned in league you have to be slurring people to a degree that would make a KKK member blush. League has the most lenient banning system I've ever seen. What your individual sexual orientation is has no bearing on how you treat other people.

My mom and both of my grandmothers died when I was a small child and I've never once even gotten a warning because I don't take personal drama to my video game battlegrounds. If you do then you should probably seek therapy before hitting requeue.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Someone who can't fathom why they got banned or admit they're wrong and deserved it won't even go to or benefit much from therapy anyway. Instead they just want some validation from fellow goons and game players.

Too bad there's none to be had.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

The reason why it failed was because you needed an absurd amount of honors per game/percentage of games played and people lost interest in it pretty quick. I had Green and Blue ribbons on separate accounts for a while and they decayed because nobody ever gave anything except honorable opponent. Also honors from your friends didn't mean poo poo because they weighted them down if you were queued with them

If there were rewards for maintaining them then people would care again

Well yeah, the whole requirement to actually maintain it became so absurdly high it wasn't worth it. Plus I think "Helpful" probably isn't that useful of a category given most people have a pretty decent concept of what goes on in a game. They did something again recently I think with a free mystery skin for folks that hadn't been reported a boatload last year? Little stuff like that will help to make a less unpleasant experience. I do miss my honorable opponent badge.

Neurolimal posted:

I didn't see a huge change in attitude from the honor system; people were a bit less blatantly antagonistic, but that was replaced with "honor you if you honor me" begging

I didn't see the begging thing but most games the whole homophobic/racist slurs toned down tremendously. I mean yeah people were less antagonistic but they at least had to force a smile through grit teeth which is a hell of a lot better than telling people to kill themselves or whatever.

Libertine posted:

It's hilarious to me that you are trying to justify this. To get permabanned in league you have to be slurring people to a degree that would make a KKK member blush. League has the most lenient banning system I've ever seen. What your individual sexual orientation is has no bearing on how you treat other people.

My mom and both of my grandmothers died when I was a small child and I've never once even gotten a warning because I don't take personal drama to my video game battlegrounds. If you do then you should probably seek therapy before hitting requeue.

Also Libertine is on point here. Probably should do anything else but mash queue again when you're upset/depressed because the slightest little thing will send you off and make you irrationally angry at a videogame. Something you as presumably an adult should not be doing.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 18, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
On the flip side in the past couple months I've reported multiple people openly screaming racial and homophobic slurs all throughout full SR games and never once gotten the "Hooray a shithead you reported got punished thanks!" message. I don't even know how it's possible to get banned at this point.

I had just assumed that Lyte had temporarily frozen all banning so he could run more toxicity studies and publish more exciting papers confirming that people who name themselves "BlackDudeLyncher69" are, in fact, generally unpleasant to interact with.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

slydingdoor posted:

Someone who can't fathom why they got banned or admit they're wrong and deserved it won't even go to or benefit much from therapy anyway. Instead they just want some validation from fellow goons and game players.

Too bad there's none to be had.

This is really creepy.

quote:

I'l keep in mind that I'm apparently a bigot and inhuman for not turning off the "loved one just died" part of my brain when starting the pro moba esport League of Ledgers.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Neurolimal posted:

This is really creepy.

I'l keep in mind that I'm apparently a bigot and inhuman for not turning off the "loved one just died" part of my brain when starting the pro moba esport League of Ledgers.

did you really get like legit permabanned lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Someone did bring up a good point, it would be nice if they relaunched the honor system, it's main problem is needing everyone to hop through clicking tiny menu's to bring up a big list of things to honor, overwatch beta showed you can get people to "honor" you if you bring up the top stats of the game and put a giant, easy to click way to honor the person for it.

They are reworking the client anyway, all they need to do is lump "Friendly" "Helpful" and "Teamwork" into a single category and make that button to honor your teammate/enemy very visible and immediately able to click before people forget about the game that just happened too much or leave.

Half the time I don't honor because the button is really tiny and close to report/ignore so you might misclick those and sometimes the menu closes itself while you scroll through the options.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i talk poo poo and get hit, with 10 game chat bans and nothing else. i'm a rager and a piece of poo poo but the system is pretty god drat lenient

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

it's what she would have wanted

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who was the goon that made those nunu/game commentary videos?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

This is really creepy.

I had two grandparents pass (One of which lived with us, and the other lived next door), dumped a week short of my anniversary, lost my best friend, and my mom was diagnosed with cancer. And yet I still didn't get warned in League of Legends.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Every Single Person, all of them, all rationalize that they really weren't all that bad, it was just the other guys who were thin-skinned that didn't want to listen to my well reasoned advice, you aren't the first person to use this exact same logic in this same thread and you won't be the last.

If you want to get sympathy for your unjust ban from League of Legends, your going to have to post some chatlogs or ask Lyte why you were banned on the forum then post it here, otherwise, please stop acting like a saint that sacrificed himself in a unjust world of thin skinned reports, regardless of what you were going through, which I am sorry you had to deal with, or what your sexual orientation is that you brought up for no real reason.

On another note.
Ryze
Overload (Q) damage lowered to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/95/130/165/200
Desperate Power (R) cooldown increased to 50 seconds from 50/40/30

Ryze can't catch a break, he was somewhat usable this patch too.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
most of my family are dead but the fact that i love hitler is incidental here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ryze and Rengar are some of those champions where they're either obnoxiously broken or hilariously useless without much inbetween. I think Ryze is on the rework list again

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Every Single Person, all of them, all rationalize that they really weren't all that bad, it was just the other guys who were thin-skinned that didn't want to listen to my well reasoned advice, you aren't the first person to use this exact same logic in this same thread and you won't be the last.

If you want to get sympathy for your unjust ban from League of Legends, your going to have to post some chatlogs or ask Lyte why you were banned on the forum then post it here, otherwise, please stop acting like a saint that sacrificed himself in a unjust world of thin skinned reports, regardless of what you were going through, which I am sorry you had to deal with, or what your sexual orientation is that you brought up for no real reason.

On another note.
Ryze
Overload (Q) damage lowered to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/95/130/165/200
Desperate Power (R) cooldown increased to 50 seconds from 50/40/30

He has been 100% pick/ban in competitive so I am surprised the nerfs aren't bigger honestly. They really need to rethink their whole "machine gun mage" who also scales off mana thing because he is always useless or broken as poo poo, never in between.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ryze was rocking 51% winrates overall and massive winrates on people with significant experience on the champ, so yeah he was too strong this patch. He's definitely a balance nightmare for Riot but he had pretty clearly swung over to 'too strong'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i am probably the reigning king of being exactly one foot over the line every single game and i havent been restricted in like three years. you cant be consistently just "telling thin skinned people what they did wrong" to get permabanned, you gotta triple jump past the line multiple times

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Someone did bring up a good point, it would be nice if they relaunched the honor system, it's main problem is needing everyone to hop through clicking tiny menu's to bring up a big list of things to honor, overwatch beta showed you can get people to "honor" you if you bring up the top stats of the game and put a giant, easy to click way to honor the person for it.

They are reworking the client anyway, all they need to do is lump "Friendly" "Helpful" and "Teamwork" into a single category and make that button to honor your teammate/enemy very visible and immediately able to click before people forget about the game that just happened too much or leave.

Half the time I don't honor because the button is really tiny and close to report/ignore so you might misclick those and sometimes the menu closes itself while you scroll through the options.

if they just made honor a semi-voluntary (participation = reward) system it would be fine. it being completely non-beneficial to the user means it wont be used

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 18, 2016

• Locked thread