Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Tie Striker will get a tallon roll. Only greens faster than 3+ and a tech slot. 2-3-1-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

Tie Striker will get a tallon roll. Only greens faster than 3+ and a tech slot. 2-3-1-3.

No way it gets a tech slot, that's so far only for TFA-era stuff.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

1 hull? Wampa, proton bombs, and advanced homing missiles just got buffed. :)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Oops 3 hull 1 shield.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Hahahaha I don't care how many shields or red dice a ship has. With one hull the drat thing better be worth 6 points.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

With the U Wing I just realized, it's an Alliance fighter from Mass Effect.

I think some people pointed out, it might be the pseudo troop transport in the trailer, so it might be rather big. I guess Rebel Brobot with torps?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I've been thinking more about what I'm going to run for regionals in 2 weeks, and I'm pretty stuck on the idea of Inky + 2
interceptors, though I don't have a lot of EPTs. Running all VIs was suggested, but I only have one (I don't even have
any stealth devices)

Last night, In the second match I switched out Tetran Cowell and gave Kir Kanos a try. I'm not sure about which I'd rather use. I lost both, though the second
one was somewhat closer. (Though part of that might be that I realized in the second battle that rushing Jax over open space to get close is a bad idea).

I don't remember which EPTs I used. I think Outmanuver, Oppertunisat and one VI? On the second one I put expose on Jax, and
shot at my opponent at range 1 through an astroid, which gave me a slightly better accuracy than the opponent, but they got a
pretty lucky shot and mine was all blanks and he got one-shoted. I used PTL on Inky and Kanos and it worked fairly weell, being
able to boost/barrel roll and TL for Inky and evade for Kanos' abilliy in a single turn.

The non-proxy EPTs I have are:
Deadeye, Determination, Elusiveness, Expert Handling, Expose, Juke, Marksmanship (x3), Oppertunist (x2), Outmanuver, PTL
(x2), Squad Leader, Swarm Tactics (x2), Wired and Vetran instincts? (I thought I had, I Can't find it now)

For mods I have shield upgrades (x4), Targeting Computer (x2) and Hull Upgrade (x2). No Autothrusters, sadly.

E: Oh, Kanos doesn't even have EPT slot. Also, I realize probably TL is not going to be very useful for him anyway, since he'd want to evade, so maybe better to use Hull upgrades instead.

Here's my start of a list:

Inky and Friends - 97 Points

• Carnor Jax TIE Interceptor (32 Points)
Royal Guard TIE+Targeting Computer+Shield Upgrade

• The Inquisitor TIE Advanced Prototype (33 Points)
Push the Limit+TIE/v1+Shield Upgrade+?? EPT worth 0-3 Points

• Kir Kanos TIE Interceptor (31 Points)
Royal Guard TIE+Hull Upgrade+Shield Upgrade

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 17, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Someone revive ralph mcquarrie because those rogue one ships look like poo poo.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Eimi posted:

With the U Wing I just realized, it's an Alliance fighter from Mass Effect.

I think some people pointed out, it might be the pseudo troop transport in the trailer, so it might be rather big. I guess Rebel Brobot with torps?

There's a vague comparison shot in the big poster. Looks to be about double the length of an x-wing, maybe a little less. Possibly large base, possibly small, kind of like a brobot, k wing, etc size.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Foolster41 posted:

I've been thinking more about what I'm going to run for regionals in 2 weeks, and I'm pretty stuck on the idea of Inky + 2
interceptors, though I don't have a lot of EPTs. Running all VIs was suggested, but I only have one (I don't even have
any stealth devices)

Last night, In the second match I switched out Tetran Cowell and gave Kir Kanos a try. I'm not sure about which I'd rather use. I lost both, though the second
one was somewhat closer. (Though part of that might be that I realized in the second battle that rushing Jax over open space to get close is a bad idea).

I don't remember which EPTs I used. I think Outmanuver, Oppertunisat and one VI? On the second one I put expose on Jax, and
shot at my opponent at range 1 through an astroid, which gave me a slightly better accuracy than the opponent, but they got a
pretty lucky shot and mine was all blanks and he got one-shoted. I used PTL on Inky and Kanos and it worked fairly weell, being
able to boost/barrel roll and TL for Inky and evade for Kanos' abilliy in a single turn.

The non-proxy EPTs I have are:
Deadeye, Determination, Elusiveness, Expert Handling, Expose, Juke, Marksmanship (x3), Oppertunist (x2), Outmanuver, PTL
(x2), Squad Leader, Swarm Tactics (x2), Wired and Vetran instincts? (I thought I had, I Can't find it now)

For mods I have shield upgrades (x4), Targeting Computer (x2) and Hull Upgrade (x2). No Autothrusters, sadly.

If you're running interceptors competitively they're not going to be any other than Carnor and Soontir unless you're running three of them, and you're almost certainly doing SD or TC, AT, and PTL.

If not, it's not worth running them if you want to stand a chance in high level competition.

If you DGAF and just want to have fun, do whatever and have fun. Squints rule.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

If you're running interceptors competitively they're not going to be any other than Carnor and Soontir unless you're running three of them, and you're almost certainly doing SD or TC, AT, and PTL.

If not, it's not worth running them if you want to stand a chance in high level competition.

If you DGAF and just want to have fun, do whatever and have fun. Squints rule.

Oh. I don't have Soontir. I might pick it up by then, but I was saving my money for the Imp Vets at the end of the month.
I don't have a lot of ships, and I wanted to run Inky since it seems pretty good competitively. Would I better off using FO aces then?

The ships I have for empire is:
FOs x2,
TIE, x4
Interceptors x2,
TIE Adv.,
TIE Adv. prototype,
TIE Phantom

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Foolster41 posted:

Oh. I don't have Soontir. I might pick it up by then, but I was saving my money for the Imp Vets at the end of the month.
I don't have a lot of ships, and I wanted to run Inky since it seems pretty good competitively. Would I better off using FO aces then?

The ships I have for empire is:
FOs x2,
TIE, x4
Interceptors x2,
TIE Adv.,
TIE Adv. prototype,
TIE Phantom
You have juke which means you have the f/o blister.

Inquisitor/PTL/title/(mod sad)

OL/Juke/Comm/(mod sad)

Whisper/VI/ACD/FCS/A Crew.

Solid on competitive stakes but both OL and Inky are sad at your lack of Autothrusters and Stealth Devices respectively, and there's not a huge amount that fills those points.

It's REALLY tough to build competitive Imp Aces without SDs and Autothrusters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
You can run Omega Leader, Inquistor and Carnor Jax. It's not a bad list.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Props to Alris for providing me with an avatar. He's a cool dude!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm kind of hoping for a strike bomber feel for new TIE. Something like having 1-5 forwards, but no 1 turn or bank (no 2 turn?) and the 1-3 are white but 4-5 forward are green, and 3-5 speed k-turns in white. 4 hull, no shields (faster TIE Bomber), 2 primary, 2-3 agility. Torpedoes are generally too action-intensive, but missiles frequently only need one to be effective, so call it a missile slot and a bomb slot, systems slot optional, and action bar consisting of boost, evade, TL, and focus, with a title that gives it SLAM (because no ship has more than four actions on the bar yet natively).

Basically the gottagofast bomber equivalent to the Defender.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Props to Alris for providing me with an avatar. He's a cool dude!

That's awesome.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

You can run Omega Leader, Inquistor and Carnor Jax. It's not a bad list.

Carnor without AT and SD is going to die super quick, and you're going to struggle to fill all the points.

This is a possibility:

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/v1 (1)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

But I wouldn't expect it to do amazingly because of the above notes. Imp Aces usually need to be built up as much as you can because they're otherwise amazingly fragile.

OL is the notable exception, even without SD he can tank almost anything one-on-one that doesn't have a way to shed TLs.

But when he gets ganged up on he dies ignominiously.

I mean, giving Carnor a couple of extra greens and Inky four extra greens is nice, and the AP is a blocker if you can use it to good effect but I wouldn't run this at a big competition.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

thespaceinvader posted:

You have juke which means you have the f/o blister.

Inquisitor/PTL/title/(mod sad)

OL/Juke/Comm/(mod sad)

Whisper/VI/ACD/FCS/A Crew.

Solid on competitive stakes but both OL and Inky are sad at your lack of Autothrusters and Stealth Devices respectively, and there's not a huge amount that fills those points.

It's REALLY tough to build competitive Imp Aces without SDs and Autothrusters.

He could throw a concussion missile or proton rocket on the Inquisitor and then use guidance chips. It's not as good as autothrusters but it's useful.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In honor of a Zaxby's opening soon in my city, have this thing:

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Rookie Pilot (21)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Tractor Beam (1)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R2 Astromech (1)

Total: 100

No synergy, no doubled up ships, nothing useful. But hey its a 5 rebel list!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Long ranged missiles are a complete waste on Inq. Prockets is an argument but probably not something OP owns given they're only in the A Wing and Raider. Cluster Missiles also might do the trick.

But generally, when you always get three dice, paying for a single extra die you can't modify as well is... bad.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I was starting to type out all the lists, but then I realized it's really loving boring and annoying to type out 22 different lists (that I also have to check for accuracy, because at least two people have changed theirs since I got the first ones). I'll do it later. I'm also still missing guts and bolts' submission, and apparently I don't have ro5s's written down anywhere even though I think he's sent it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Played my first game in about a year last night. BroBots vs. a TIE Swarm. Should I just assume if I'm playing BroBots against a swarm that I'll never get to take an action? Between asteroids and ships zipping around everywhere that's a hell of a lot of things to avoid. My friend convinced me to drop Advanced Sensors from my ships right before we started, but drat if that wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Strobe posted:

I was starting to type out all the lists, but then I realized it's really loving boring and annoying to type out 22 different lists (that I also have to check for accuracy, because at least two people have changed theirs since I got the first ones). I'll do it later. I'm also still missing guts and bolts' submission, and apparently I don't have ro5s's written down anywhere even though I think he's sent it.

Maybe everyone should build their list in https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/ and give you the permalink? Then you could something lazy like:

Chemmy
Strobe

Or maybe add a quick description like:

Chemmy (Inquisitor, Omega Leader, Ryad)
Strobe (Every T-65)

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Chemmy posted:

Maybe everyone should build their list in https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/ and give you the permalink? Then you could something lazy like:

Chemmy
Strobe

Or maybe add a quick description like:

Chemmy (Inquisitor, Omega Leader, Ryad)
Strobe (Every T-65)

That's what I've been doing, nice and easy. Sent my round(week) 3 list in this afternoon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FFG can't introduce the TIE/SF or the Striker because there hasn't been a TIE Star Cruiser expansion yet. :colbert:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Strobe posted:

I sent in over Steam, I can send it again if you'd like.

Brunas, what's your Steam name? I had a look on the group but didn't see it.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Well, i'm getting at least one SD from ebay, I'm debating myself if I really want to spend ~$25-30 to get 3 more and an autothruster, since I don't really want to start collecting scum. I'm going to see if people in my local group are willing to sell me some.,

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

FFG can't introduce the TIE/SF or the Striker because there hasn't been a TIE Star Cruiser expansion yet. :colbert:

LMAO

It's basically the RV from Spaceballs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So, thinking of possibly doing something like this

quote:

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Airen Cracken (19)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Twin Laser Turret (6)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Predator (3)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 149

for the escalation tournament. I think overall Strobe's XXX + Dutch and Cracken is better, but I don't want to just steal his thing. This is basically a Rebel greatest hits album, added in basically the order they are listed, Wedge doesn't get to come in with his R2 but that's about it. I'm not entirely sure what astromech to run on him either, but currently there's a point free to mess around with. I get one ship per round, and they are all ships that I'm pretty familiar with. Jake and Cracken feel like the weak links, but not entirely sure what to do in their place. At least Cracken doubles as Poe gets his Focus no matter what.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

LMAO

It's basically the RV from Spaceballs

I want it to be a large base ship with something to allow it to move with ludicrous speed.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Anyone want to get a game in on TTS?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

AndyElusive posted:

I want it to be a large base ship with something to allow it to move with ludicrous speed.

Large base SLAM will be a thing in the near future with that illicit upgrade that comes in the Heroes of the Resistance pack, and it's going to be hilarious.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
To be fair, any large ship with Engine upgrade is already hilariously fast. 4 forward plus boost covers as much distance as a small ship would if it could do an 8 straight maneuver.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Eimi posted:

So, thinking of possibly doing something like this

for the escalation tournament. I think overall Strobe's XXX + Dutch and Cracken is better, but I don't want to just steal his thing. This is basically a Rebel greatest hits album, added in basically the order they are listed, Wedge doesn't get to come in with his R2 but that's about it. I'm not entirely sure what astromech to run on him either, but currently there's a point free to mess around with. I get one ship per round, and they are all ships that I'm pretty familiar with. Jake and Cracken feel like the weak links, but not entirely sure what to do in their place. At least Cracken doubles as Poe gets his Focus no matter what.

If you see something you like that I'm running or have suggested, steal that poo poo. Always play what you want to play, gently caress the haters.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

Always play what you want to play, gently caress the haters.

I love to poo poo on XXX, but this.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Yeah, I steal pretty much all my lists. Speaking of which, I've been running various combos of 2 Jumpmans and 4LOM/Zuckuss against palp aces. I *can* win against palp aces as long as I make 0 mistakes, have really good rolls, and the other guy has a few bad rolls and makes a few mistakes. In one game, I was feeling pretty good when I took out Inq on turn 1. By the time I got OL and the shuttle down to half, I was down to half a Jumpmaster. I'm loathe to do it, but I guess I could pick up a 3rd Jumpmaster...

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, I steal pretty much all my lists. Speaking of which, I've been running various combos of 2 Jumpmans and 4LOM/Zuckuss against palp aces. I *can* win against palp aces as long as I make 0 mistakes, have really good rolls, and the other guy has a few bad rolls and makes a few mistakes. In one game, I was feeling pretty good when I took out Inq on turn 1. By the time I got OL and the shuttle down to half, I was down to half a Jumpmaster. I'm loathe to do it, but I guess I could pick up a 3rd Jumpmaster...

If you set up one JM5K as a bumpmaster it might help in that matchup. Intel agent, APLs, R5-P8, just try and get them to run into you or end up in torpedo arcs for your other ships to shoot. Or depending on points you might be able to just toss a couple intel agents on the regular torpedo JM5K's and have one try and block for the other and 4L0M/Zuckuss.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Strobe posted:

If you see something you like that I'm running or have suggested, steal that poo poo. Always play what you want to play, gently caress the haters.

Well now that I have your blessing. :v: Though I'm me and I have to shoehorn Poe into literally everything. I might try another T65 in that mix, I guess dropping missiles from Cracken.

Doing that I can either do R2/VI Luke with 0 points left and IA on Poe or Stress Jansen, still no AT on Poe though.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 18, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Talas vs Herux up on TTS password: SA join up if you want to see goons push around spaceships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Herux posted:

Talas vs Herux up on TTS password: SA join up if you want to see goons push around spaceships.

Imperial A-holes vs. Imperial A-holes.

Brunas fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 18, 2016

• Locked thread