Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

The only homo I believe in is homo sapiens because I am an educated bigot

It's true, 9/11 really did change everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
I found some conspiracy theory money in the cash register at work today (those are two different bills by the way) and it leads to some glorious sovereign citizen batshittery. It's not quite IOSM but I had to share this somewhere.

(c) is :!: SHARE :!: as open source because that game is SO over... posted:

"NEWS FLASH `!` GET THIS `!`

You are not an ID CARD, so to the

Q: is this YOU?…

What do you say:

A: “no, it’s an ID card…”"

:allears:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This reminded me that Where's George is a thing and now I'm sad that I don't have my tracking info from 14 years ago. I want to see where those bills have been!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It took me a second to realize that the title and text of this listing were the seller's tersely-explained reason for unloading it rather than some weird absurdist nega-advertisement.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Otisburg posted:

It took me a second to realize that the title and text of this listing were the seller's tersely-explained reason for unloading it rather than some weird absurdist nega-advertisement.

"Mr. Babystripper for sale. 50 dollars."

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infanticide_in_China

Its mostly in rural China, where they probably don't have the facilities to determine the fetal gender, so they kill them and never report that there was a child at all.

E: more info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_women_of_China

It's actually because of this in the early 80's it was made illegal for doctors to let people know about the gender of their child before birth, which is still true today despite the one child policy being removed. You can guess how this would be worked around/not followed at all/exploited by doctors who literally just have to accidentally drop a hint, though.

Also in rural areas families were even allowed to have more children if their first child was a girl, but this didn't really help either since the practice long predated the one child policy.

Minority groups were also never beholden to the one child policy which lead to a lot of people forging their documents to be categorized as a minority for that and a lot of other stuff (minority kids also get extra points automatically on what is China's more extreme/important version of the SAT, for instance).

Though from what NGOs report all of this slowed a ton through the 90s and 00s to the point the current birth ratios are p normal.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete
Panels on diversity and 18+ content at Anime St Louis are too much for Super Cosplay Cafe!

One of the page runners decides to double down

Simple evolution science!

Sometimes segregation is good!

There's so much more of it from him and his wife on that page

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Otisburg posted:

It seems more like the baby chair is haunted and they're desperately warning away sellers from trying to use it.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Leavemywife posted:

This was shared by my uncle, who is an unironic fan of Fox News and Donald Trump.

Does anyone know any handy links I can drop on this picture to shut him up?

There's also his part in the Central Park 5.

ETA: Never mind. He'd probably think this was a good thing.

Bast Relief has a new favorite as of 01:47 on May 18, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

People mad about Canadian census who, by the way, post to public pages and also use their real names

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

I still can't wrap my head around someone thinking that men in women's bathrooms is a serious problem, then saying the solution is some variation of more men in and around women's bathrooms and not at any point stop to think "wait this doesn't make any sense."

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Blind Pineapple posted:

I still can't wrap my head around someone thinking that men in women's bathrooms is a serious problem, then saying the solution is some variation of more men in and around women's bathrooms and not at any point stop to think "wait this doesn't make any sense."

Facts don't matter. They loving hate Trans people, and will use any excuse to attack them.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I'm totally hosed up but I'm all yours <3

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SpliffClavin posted:

I'm totally hosed up but I'm all yours <3

There is an individual in my social feed who posts stuff like that constantly, "I just want to give my loyal, undying love to someone even tho I'm messed" along with "I just want a man who is loyal and does what he says and will love me faults and all" kind of sentiments. She is... not a loyal person in monogamous relationships, herself.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You have to accept one of her faults is that she is going to cheat on you.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
An anti drone forcefield

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Otisburg posted:

"For sale: baby swing, don't use"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cash crab posted:

People mad about Canadian census who, by the way, post to public pages and also use their real names

i refuse to believe you, those aren't real names at all

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I saw a thing today where a girl with short hair was called a disgusting transgender or something by some woman in a bathroom. It's all downhill from here.

There's an easy way to solve this issue. It will only affect white men.

FAROOQ has a new favorite as of 09:30 on May 18, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

this whole waifu thing makes me so sad. it's like a bird feeding all it's food to a reflection of it's self in a mirror until it starves

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It is a neverending source of amusement to picture one of these dorklords growing up and running for political office and having to give a press conference explaining why they made thousands of impassioned posts online about being married to an underage cartoon character.

E: I googled it, and apparently "waifu" comes from Azumanga Daioh which I have never seen but the wikipedia article is unnecessarily long and creepy in exactly the way you would expect.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 11:28 on May 18, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It is a neverending source of amusement to picture one of these dorklords growing up and running for political office and having to give a press conference explaining why they made thousands of impassioned posts online about being married to an underage cartoon character.

I have to remind myself that these are (generally) teenage kids, and am grateful I was one of the last generations to go through the most dorky, awkward passage of my life prior to the advent of social media.

I was still an awkward weirdo in AOL chatrooms and dial-up BBSes, tho, make no mistake.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

E: I googled it, and apparently "waifu" comes from Azumanga Daioh which I have never seen but the wikipedia article is unnecessarily long and creepy in exactly the way you would expect.

I've seen that show. The character who says it is essentially a paedophile, but he's talking about his actual adult wife. I don't understand why he's there, it's otherwise a fairly inoffensive show.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Otana posted:

I found some conspiracy theory money in the cash register at work today (those are two different bills by the way) and it leads to some glorious sovereign citizen batshittery. It's not quite IOSM but I had to share this somewhere.

:allears:

What the gently caress even is this? I passed an actual billboard with Legal names are illegal and nothing else on it going to work last week, and I'm in the UK! drat thing was a genuine ad as well, not something someone had scrawled on there.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

King Doom posted:

What the gently caress even is this? I passed an actual billboard with Legal names are illegal and nothing else on it going to work last week, and I'm in the UK! drat thing was a genuine ad as well, not something someone had scrawled on there.

Sovereign citizen or freemen on the land stuff. UK groups were inspired by US groups but quickly grew into its own very British form of craziness.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Technically there is actually no such thing as a "legal name" in British law; a person's name is simply what they decide it is.

This, however, doesn't mean all the Freeman on the Land poo poo people think it does. It's just a common law quirk.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

glowing-fish posted:

Well, I can't totally know whether the statistics for fertility rate are accurate, since they involve estimates, but if the World Bank, Population Research Council, and the CIA all say that the fertility rate in China is between 1.6 (CIA) and 1.7 (the other two), and those population figures seem to be line with the fertility rate of other countries in the area, then I think that anyone claiming there is a wide discrepancy between those numbers and the real numbers should probably explain why they think that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_fertility_rate

Because the organizations you listed are still dependent on figures that the Chinese government releases? The numbers might be correct, but there's no way of knowing right now due to China's habitual fudging of all sorts of data.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/06/07/chinas-lies-drat-lies-and-secret-statistics/

The funny thing is that sometimes the lies aren't intentional at the upper levels. China's local governments are often given quotas for various things and when the local governments can't make those quotas, they'll fudge the numbers just a little before passing them up. Which the next highest looks at the numbers and thinks "Oh that's not good!" and fudges the numbers again before passing them up. Etc, etc.

It's possible that the birth rate is 1.6 to 1.7. But we don't actually know for certain is all I'm saying.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Cumslut1895 posted:

this whole waifu thing makes me so sad. it's like a bird feeding all it's food to a reflection of it's self in a mirror until it starves

:stonk: What on earth is wrong with you???

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think I'm gonna snap and start screaming.

This has just been going on months and months with this guy. And I don't know what the hell has gotten into this person. But I just deleted this long drawn out reply about how I'm disappointed and how God would be disappointed and all that but figured the resulting harassment from his entire fundie family will be worse than his posts.

But my God do I want to just yell at him. He's so much better than this.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Facts don't matter. They loving hate Trans people, and will use any excuse to attack them.

They got the bathroom thing all wrong, too.
If they had even bothered to read the press release we sent out from our head office in Transllbangya, they'd know we don't want public bathroom access to pee with their women and children, but rather to pee on their women and children.
God drat, read the fine print, fuckos.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe he just really wants to wear a dress, too.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Is their a process for identifying as another gender? The boogyman seems to be some pervert who says, 'today I'm identifying as a female!' and goes into the women's room. But is that how the law works? Legally can I just say 'I identify as a lady.' or would there need to be psychological evidence to back that up?

For context, I knew a few MTF trans in the 1990's and they seemed to have...rules, for lack of a better word. I think they were prepping for eventual reassignment surgery though, so they had to live as a woman and go to ladies' bathrooms without drawing suspicion. I didn't know if there was a process you had to follow to identify as a transperson in places where that's protected.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

Ularg posted:

This has just been going on months and months with this guy.

Ularg posted:

He's so much better than this.

Doesn't sound like it if he has been doing it for a while.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just want to see how these people would react to someone like Buck Angel going into the women's room.

Actually maybe not because they'd probably try to kill him.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Is their a process for identifying as another gender? The boogyman seems to be some pervert who says, 'today I'm identifying as a female!' and goes into the women's room. But is that how the law works? Legally can I just say 'I identify as a lady.' or would there need to be psychological evidence to back that up?

For using the toilet? Pretty sure these recent laws are the only ones. I don't think it's ever actually been illegal for men to use women's toilets or vice-versa?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

UnkleBoB posted:

Doesn't sound like it if he has been doing it for a while.

He was better in High School. Or maybe it's just because he didn't start putting everything on Facebook until afterwards.

I know for a fact he would never ever even consider spewing this bullshit in person.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Ularg posted:

He was better in High School. Or maybe it's just because he didn't start putting everything on Facebook until afterwards.

I know for a fact he would never ever even consider spewing this bullshit in person.

So instead he spouts it to a widely public forum of real-life friends, peers, coworkers, etc. He wants everyone to know this is what he thinks, he just doesn't want the repercussions of people being able to visibly react in a negative matter toward him.

Sorry, your friend is an rear end in a top hat and likely always was one.

Krispy Kareem posted:

For context, I knew a few MTF trans in the 1990's and they seemed to have...rules, for lack of a better word. I think they were prepping for eventual reassignment surgery though, so they had to live as a woman and go to ladies' bathrooms without drawing suspicion. I didn't know if there was a process you had to follow to identify as a transperson in places where that's protected.

The process of transitioning actually involves many medical, social and legal procedures. One must legally have their name and gender changed by filing a pleading with their local court. In order to do so, documentation of the individual's transition is required from an MD (at least in my home state). One must live in the gender that matches with their gender identity for a period, and during this time may begin procedures such as hormone replacement therapy, speech therapy, and eventually gender reassignment surgery if it is in the cards. It is a hell of a lot more than just waking up and "deciding" to be another gender and can take years. It's why the "boogeyman" here is such an insult - because it is an attempt to scrutinize transgender people and undo what can sometimes be years of work they've put forward just to feel comfortable with themselves.

Electric Lady has a new favorite as of 16:33 on May 18, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You're right. Now just to decide if I want to burn the bridge and unfriend him after calling him horrible or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sure is E/N in here right now.