Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!
The giant sword hand is only slightly stupider than the actual GW Space Wolves dread with the giant axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JcDent posted:

Chaos Daemon Knight of Slaanesh (NSFW)

Real cool of Slaanesh to install a pullup bar on that thing for the naked lady to use.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

how about a blood bowl team?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is it a counts-as lizardmen team?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Browsing some facebook Dropzone groups and stumbled onto this.

:stare:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Flipswitch posted:

Come on, at least use Stukas for counts-as if you're going to do that! At least it's not swastikas everywhere, right? ....right?

Kaza42 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 19, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
No, then you would need to paint Stukas in Galactic Empire colors, silly!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

goatface posted:

Is it a counts-as lizardmen team?

I'd guess ogres and snotlings.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Kaza42 posted:

Come on, at least use Stukas for counts-as if you're going to do that! At least it's not swastikas everywhere, right? ....right?

No, but there are SS runes on the helicopters (which I can't see as I'm not in that facebook group any more ! )

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I bet if you flip it over, it's just one giant swastika on the bottom.

I will never understand people and their use of Germanic images (particularly Nazi Germany iconography) in games that don't even have a Germany.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'd guess ogres and snotlings.

Yep, it's an ogre team. The ogres are cast from shaped ice cube trays, specifically this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/Fred-and-Friends-Abominable-Ice/dp/B008XCZ58O/175-4826491-2204310?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Kwyndig posted:

I bet if you flip it over, it's just one giant swastika on the bottom.

I will never understand people and their use of Germanic images (particularly Nazi Germany iconography) in games that don't even have a Germany.

What about those that use American images?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Kwyndig posted:

Most people who do this are thinking of the mythical German Warmachine, the elite few holding out against impossible odds thanks to flawless training and advanced technology. They see the cool, badass look of the uniforms, summoning to mind Darth Vader and other fictional villains dripping with appeal and power. They picture underdogs, defeated in history but possibly triumphant under their new leadership. They don't picture murdered victims, torture and gas chambers, the desecration and destruction of centuries or millennia old cultural icons and traditions or any of the other myriad crimes the Nazis committed. They see the Bad Guys from a TV show - sure they're bad, but not like bad bad, and they're still cool right? - and not the horrific people (and they were people. History would be much different if only monsters could do what the Nazis did) who tore Europe and the world apart in ways it is still healing from.

In one sense, it's good that these people can exist. That we've moved on enough from the terrible tragedy of World War 2 that people can look at it and see anything but pain and loss and fear. Like the itching feeling of a scab, they are an unpleasant indicator that the world is healing. On the other hand, they are trivializing one of the worst events in human history, turning symbols that still haunt the dreams of entire generations into a misguided cargo cult. They should absolutely be stopped and reprimanded at every turn, taught why they're doing wrong and maybe given some perspective. They're wrong, after all, not evil. Still, it's not your job to be their teachers or parents, and I can't fault anyone for just walking away in disgust or getting mad at them.

And then of course there's the edgy "Oooo, I'm playing Super Hitler In Space, aren't you offended?" assholes. gently caress those guys.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
A very good post imo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

What about those that use American images?

Bad too. Not quite as reprehensible but still inappropriate.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Baron Snow posted:

Blood Bowel

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Baron Snow posted:

There is something really charming about the one of the front right flexing.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Baron Snow posted:

gently caress you, these own. At least this guy didn't give GW money.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ilor posted:

gently caress you, these own. At least this guy didn't give GW money.

I like the penguins

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I like the penguins

I think from the grey downy feather it means they are baby penguins :3:

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Flipswitch posted:

I'm really stretching here hoping in the goodness of people on the internet but isn't that insignia also used by the modern version of the luftwaffe?

On second thought, modern Germany doesn't seem too big on nationalism, so yeah, its probably Nazi's....

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The modern Luftwaffe specifically uses a rounded edge cross called a Roundel. Those are not Roundels unless that guy is a poo poo painter (which he is, but come on).

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I'm really stretching here hoping in the goodness of people on the internet but isn't that insignia also used by the modern version of the luftwaffe?

On second thought, modern Germany doesn't seem too big on nationalism, so yeah, its probably Nazi's....

Round edges good, flat edges bad:

good

bad

also tbqh the bundeswehr's emblem looks much cooler than the wehrmacht's.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Personally I could care less, provided it's not a swastika themed hitler army and the dude roleplayed the entire time

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BULBASAUR posted:

Personally I could care less, provided it's not a swastika themed hitler army and the dude roleplayed the entire time

Yeah but at least then he'd be a lovely general and kill himself when he lost

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

*Couldn't* care less. Otherwise you are saying that you do care quite a bit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Helen Highwater posted:

Why quite a bit? Why can't it be just a little bit?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Helen Highwater posted:

what if I care 2 out of 100?

I could care less

I could care 1 or even 0

but I only care 2, which isnt much

I could care less

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Both are valid in the American vernacular.

One is just more sarcastic.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

BrownieMinusEye posted:

We could forgive him if it was just the balkenkruz (no, we couldn't), but the yellow-tip markings are specifically from those used by Me-109 squadrons, especially those involved in the Battle of Britain. So, it's kind of a 1 + 1 thing, and also Flipswitch has been going on about this in the DZC thread.

It does also highlight how lovely of a painter/person this guy is that he couldn't even paint proper Luftwaffe camouflage, and instead opted for the "flat grey" the early Wermacht and Heer ground forces were known for, and even then it's the wrong drat grey.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Helen Highwater posted:

No, no - I could care less; I just don't. Meaning my level of caring is pretty drat low, and it would take me :effort: to actively care less, and that effort feels suspiciously like caring about how much I'm not caring.

You are right, of course, but both are used interchangably here.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I couldn't care less about the differences between flammable and inflammable. Fire pretty.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
English is my second language so thanks guys I learned something today

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Flipswitch posted:

Apart from the obvious Germanic insignia; it's a pretty solid colour scheme or does it still blatantly scream Luftwaffe?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

No Pun Intended posted:

Apart from the obvious Germanic insignia; it's a pretty solid colour scheme or does it still blatantly scream Luftwaffe?

YF19pilot posted:

the yellow-tip markings are specifically from those used by Me-109 squadrons, especially those involved in the Battle of Britain.

Sorry to self quote.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

YF19pilot posted:

We could forgive him if it was just the balkenkruz (no, we couldn't), but the yellow-tip markings are specifically from those used by Me-109 squadrons, especially those involved in the Battle of Britain. So, it's kind of a 1 + 1 thing, and also Flipswitch has been going on about this in the DZC thread.

It does also highlight how lovely of a painter/person this guy is that he couldn't even paint proper Luftwaffe camouflage, and instead opted for the "flat grey" the early Wermacht and Heer ground forces were known for, and even then it's the wrong drat grey.

So its insensitive AND historically inaccurate? That Bastard! :argh:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Xlorp posted:

I couldn't care less about the differences between flammable and inflammable. Fire pretty.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

No Pun Intended posted:

It's kinda half-assed but yeah. German planes are usually some variety of mottled green/blue, or orange to brown if it's north africa.

spectralent fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 20, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Reminds me of a story a friend told me about someone asking for specific details on a notorious SS unit for his Bolt Action force because he found them "personally interesting" or something. Pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Helen Highwater posted:

This language faux pas makes me literally explode, bathing the earth in hard radiation and killing all life on the planet.