Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

No idea! Not my speciality, but radio mods certainly existed before the CK. That being said, I remember them being somewhat jankily implemented, so you might actually need the CK for them.

I actually really need to buff the flamer's range. Like really really need to buff the flamer's range. It's going in my next revision. Generally pretty happy with how the minigun and missile launcher turned out though!

I do need to figure out some way to make the gatling laser not a straight upgrade to the minigun though, so folks who use the latter don't feel like they're gimping themselves.

Longer spin up time on the minigun, if you can modify that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

The Iron Rose posted:

I do need to figure out some way to make the gatling laser not a straight upgrade to the minigun though, so folks who use the latter don't feel like they're gimping themselves.
The annoying thing is that the design direction of Fallout games seems to make the minigun, a weapon that should be closer to endgame be an early weapon (It was worse in FO3 though). A minigun should really be just an alternative to a gatling laser, as you can't really argue with over 2000 rounds a minute being fired quite accurately.

One thing I would have liked to see is heavy automatic weapons such as the minigun and gatling laser geing super ineffective at longer ranges... unless you were in power armor, and the exoskeleton absorbs the recoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdnT4z1Ugc&t=20s
This is what I think of when I think minigun. That horrific sound of a shitload of rounds ripping through the air one after another. Oh, and death everywhere.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Does this apply to radio station creation, or am I going to need the CK for that? I'm either really out of practice or the new CK is way goddamned different.

I followed this tutorial for making my own version of New Vegas Radio (which this guy also did). Basically, you add sound descriptors for every song, create a quest to determine play order, and place a transmitter in the game world. You can apparently randomize the play order as well, but I've not been able to get that to work.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the Legendary Modification mod broken for anyone else, specifically the part that allows 2 legendary mods? The original works fine (and makes legendary drops far less disappointing), but when I add in the double-mod plugin, I can't add a second mod to anything. The dude also implemented it really weird by making you craft an entirely new gun just to get the 2nd mod slot rather than just adding the 2nd slot to the existing guns, which is, like...why? Why would you do it that way? :psyduck:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

QuantaStarFire posted:

Is the Legendary Modification mod broken for anyone else, specifically the part that allows 2 legendary mods? The original works fine (and makes legendary drops far less disappointing), but when I add in the double-mod plugin, I can't add a second mod to anything. The dude also implemented it really weird by making you craft an entirely new gun just to get the 2nd mod slot rather than just adding the 2nd slot to the existing guns, which is, like...why? Why would you do it that way? :psyduck:

I too was unable to get it to work correctly.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Otacon posted:

“We had two bags of Rad-Away, seventy-five pellets of Mentats, five inhalers of high powered Ultra Jet, a salt shaker half full of Buffout, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of Bourbon, a quart of Rum, a case of Gwinnett Ale, a pint of Bobrov's best moonshine and two dozen Addictol. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious chem collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

Nice :D

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuantaStarFire posted:

It's super broken, yeah, so is the "cheat" version without requirements. The normal one works fine though.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Has anyone done anything that overhauls the settlement mechanics? I'd like to see more done with hapiness, etc. Or an easier way to distribute equipment to settlers? Also, more useful functions for settlements? I saw a teleporter object and some clothes washing, but...

I have been waiting until it's worth starting the game over with an 8-million prop settlement mod and building all-new settlements, then modding in gigantic raids. Since I did like 2 dozen settlements in vanilla, I'd like it to be a little more in-depth the second time.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I'd love to see settlements grow and develop on their own. I hate that these lazy settlers are just waiting around for me to personally build every one of them a house with my own goddamned hands.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

QuantaStarFire posted:

I can't even add a first mod to anything.

I have the mod I get when I remove it from a piece of equipment, but it won't let me put it back on anything else.

I have it set to "normal" difficulty, which is the one that just lets me move the mods around.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Bloodnose posted:

I'd love to see settlements grow and develop on their own. I hate that these lazy settlers are just waiting around for me to personally build every one of them a house with my own goddamned hands.

Yeah, there's a lot that could have been done with settlements -- and maybe still, with the right modder -- and wasn't. I kind of wonder if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, where since the vanilla system sucked, noone wants to waste time on it.

I think there's potential, but then, I don't know how to mod Gamebryo. Even just a flare gun that calls settlers from the closest settlement, or has some of them board vertibirds and do BoS style patrols, with any spare power armor you've got.

I really don't know the limits of what's possible, but setting settlers to turn accessible materials into combat armor pieces, then put them in the communal armor bin... and then setting the "use items in bin" to true and watching everyone go suit up... perhaps even waiting until an attack and everyone rushes and suits up.

There's just many different ways in which settlements could be more rewarding and useful. It doesn't have to be like factorio but with npcs, just... something. Changes to how happiness works. Make them behave more naturally, hell, logically even. loving something. Combine with massive defense missions and a lot more settlers per settlement, and presto!

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 18, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I asked in the general thread:

Is there a mod to make settlers pick up and equip all the guns and armor I leave around OR, better yet, have then take from storage?

If I have to keep equipping people manually, I'm going to swap everyone for robots.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

RaspberryCommie posted:

I can't even add a first mod to anything.

I have the mod I get when I remove it from a piece of equipment, but it won't let me put it back on anything else.

I have it set to "normal" difficulty, which is the one that just lets me move the mods around.

If you're comfortable with the console it is super easy to take any weapon and add a legendary property to it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon_effects

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I fixed the invisible weapons problem: I made a patch for a bunch of the weapons and somehow the fields that dictate which models to use got overwritten with gun modifications from other gun mods. Maybe I updated the files without remembering to update the patch, but it seems like one of these programs went a little rogue and hosed up the .esp.

Anyway now I have all the above weapons plus the broken ones I mentioned, and an .esp that patches all the levelled lists and lowers the damage on some of the more offensively overpowered weapons. Maybe I will put the .esp on the nexus, but If anyone knows somewhere to host a 500MB file, I could drop you guys a no-hassle .zip file that puts a buttload of new weapons put into the game.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Sintax posted:

I fixed the invisible weapons problem: I made a patch for a bunch of the weapons and somehow the fields that dictate which models to use got overwritten with gun modifications from other gun mods. Maybe I updated the files without remembering to update the patch, but it seems like one of these programs went a little rogue and hosed up the .esp.

Anyway now I have all the above weapons plus the broken ones I mentioned, and an .esp that patches all the levelled lists and lowers the damage on some of the more offensively overpowered weapons. Maybe I will put the .esp on the nexus, but If anyone knows somewhere to host a 500MB file, I could drop you guys a no-hassle .zip file that puts a buttload of new weapons put into the game.

I've tried to do the same, to the extent of trying to add stuff to the 2lm workbench, I think i need to open this stuff in the geck,
and try with that, either way, a single esp would clear a lot of space,
or the instructions and details to look for when merging using xEdit
Edit, also NWS :http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13673/

Plus, I am getting closer to unpacking "g.i.t.s. first assault", EDIT : Got it, exporting now, Hope making a tachikoma in the robotron workshop is not impossible.
most places poo poo a kitten with importing another ip into fallout, like ignoring all the guns and n7 poo poo, plus mlp stuff, so i will have to host whatever I make elsewhere from the nexus. :filez:

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 18, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I didn't merge any of the mods, I just use FO4Edit to make a patch esp. Generally the GECK is harder to use and tends to make wild edits. I'll put the esp on the nexus with a couple other things in the next few days.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sintax posted:

I didn't merge any of the mods, I just use FO4Edit to make a patch esp. Generally the GECK is harder to use and tends to make wild edits. I'll put the esp on the nexus with a couple other things in the next few days.

Ah, yes, i get you.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Sintax posted:

Weaponsmith extended does this with a bunch of weapons mods as well. You still need the assets from the individual mods installed, but not the esps. Adds them to the Weaponsmith bench as well. There is some quirkiness when modding these at the workbench, where you need to equip the weapon before going into the workbench or the wrong mods show up.

e: bad phone posting

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 18, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr.Grit posted:

[URL= http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10737/]Weaponsmith extended[/URL] does this with a bunch of weapons mods as well. You still need the assets from the individual mods installed, but not the esps. Adds them to the Weaponsmith bench as well. There is some quirkiness when modding these at the workbench, where you need to equip the weapon before going into the workbench or the wrong mods show up.

Yeah, this is what I was using as a base, there's also some ghetto laser katana and plenty of other stupid junk I wanted to add, plus, merge the legendary stuff with the weaponsmith and armorsmith benches.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

That's terrible, with those tiny strings barely holding it in place it'll be useless.

E: I mean, I don't necessarily expect modders to know what actual human bodies look like, but I figure someone who cares enough to put rubber dongs into the game ought to own one or two of them for themselves.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Here is the shut the gently caress up about my scavenging guys! mod for those who love rolling with companions but hate their anti hoarder view points.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Mr.Grit posted:

Weaponsmith extended does this with a bunch of weapons mods as well. You still need the assets from the individual mods installed, but not the esps. Adds them to the Weaponsmith bench as well. There is some quirkiness when modding these at the workbench, where you need to equip the weapon before going into the workbench or the wrong mods show up.

e: bad phone posting

This has been deprecated in favour of AWCKR, no?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Whomever was talking about a repeater sort of rifle the coming DLC has a rifle exactly like that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Whomever was talking about a repeater sort of rifle the coming DLC has a rifle exactly like that.

and it does 35 damage base.

you can rest be assured i'm gunna make the lever rifle useful, because c'mon, it's a lever rifle and that's amazing

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

The Iron Rose posted:

Weaponsmith Extended uses AWKCR, it just makes it so a bunch of custom weapons use the AWKCR weapon workbench.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

and it does 35 damage base.

you can rest be assured i'm gunna make the lever rifle useful, because c'mon, it's a lever rifle and that's amazing

Glad to hear it. By the way, assuming the round is a .45-70-300 strong, the lever-action should be about 35% stronger than the .308 hunting rifle (~3447 ft-lbf vs ~2559 ft-lbf), but less accurate, due to the lower velocity (2275 ft/s vs 2800 ft/s) causing a more pronounced ballistic arc over long range.

Ballistic info for .45-70 (gundata)
Ballistic info for .308 (ballistics 101)
Muzzle energy calculator, in case I hosed up my calcs or for future reference

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Sjonnar posted:

Glad to hear it. By the way, assuming the round is a .45-70-300 strong, the lever-action should be about 35% stronger than the .308 hunting rifle (~3447 ft-lbf vs ~2559 ft-lbf), but less accurate, due to the lower velocity (2275 ft/s vs 2800 ft/s) causing a more pronounced ballistic arc over long range.

Ballistic info for .45-70 (gundata)
Ballistic info for .308 (ballistics 101)
Muzzle energy calculator, in case I hosed up my calcs or for future reference

I think the best way to model that in game (absent using weapons of fate) would likely be to have a high damage, but low range and higher recoil, encouraging use at closer quarters.

I think I can swing that.

I'm also debating lowering the hunting rifle's damage slightly, it's quite high at the moment.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
This sounds dumb but are there any mods that add owned flags to more stuff? Its bothered me before but things got really egregious when I just finished the Duty or Dishonor quest. I'm sent to investigate missing supplies for the BoS... while hoovering up all the ammo and scrap I can in plain sight. When I first got the game I thought it was cool playing a character where I don't steal anything, then I realized there's barely anything to steal.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That quest always amused me "Nothing leaves this room without us knowing about it!" *PC takes everything not nailed down before following the culprit out of the unguarded, unmonitored, unlcoked back door*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2Or5rCN_Y

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

Anyone got any recommendations for a fresh start on survival? Unfortunately the same 5 naked raiders mods seem to top the Nexus list so it can be pretty difficult to find quality mods.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I'm running pretty sparse in the mods department, but having fun in Survival at level 70-something.

Using

Lowered Weapons - lowers your weapon while running
Armorsmith Extended - tons of armor modifications
Legendary Helmets - gives a chance for enemies to have legendary helmets as loot
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - fixes some quests
FAR Faraway Area Reform - helps with some FPS drops I have
Shell Rain - empty shells/cartridges stick around for a while (MAH IMMERSHIN!)
Arbitration - npc combat changes
Dialogue Settlers Fix - settlers no longer think you're a synth out to get 'em (or at least stop telling you that)
Loot Detector - while your weapon is out, any bodies will glow if they have loot in them
No BOS Vertibird Random Encounters - i play a sneak build and those vertibirds fuckin suck
Bottles' Label Overhaul - gives bottles labels
Enhanced Blood Textures - more gore
Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project - better FPS for me
Raider Overhaul - adds some new raider armors/clothes
Better Settlers - settlers come stock with better armor/gear
Don't Call Me Settler - renames all settlers to easily differentiate them / their roles
Reduced NPC Greeting Distance - keeps things quieter, less settler random chatter
Settlement Management Software - allows me to keep track of workbench locations/settler jobs/caravans
Super Mutant Redux - gives supermutants armor and adds a few, as well as makes Strong one of the better companions in the game
Immersive Vendors - makes the vendor stalls look great
Spring Cleaning - allows me to scrap random crud from settlements like bushes or old houses
More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition - like 100+ new songs, gets rid of the DJ's intros
Elvani's Track Pack - Diamond City Radio like 30+ new songs, re-adds the DJ's intros
Place Everywhere - allows me to place poo poo in settlements pretty much anywhere
Full Dialogue Interface - no more HATE NEWSPAPERS and makes it easier to know what responses I'll give NPCs
Achievements - loading mods in Fallout prevents you from getting achievements, this allows them (REQUIRES F4SE)
Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks - slightly better lighting

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

Otacon posted:

I'm running pretty sparse in the mods department, but having fun in Survival at level 70-something.

Using...

This is exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks as well for the descriptions. They are pretty crucial when trying to decide what to use.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seriously, what is going on with this thread/the OP being updated at all?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So is it a known problem that I seem to have to manually reset the load order of all the mods from the in-game mod menu every time I start the game, even if I used a mod-manager to launch them? Because it's kind of a drag.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

It requires AWCKR.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Far Harbor broke my "no level requirements on perks" mod and now several of my perks are bugged :( Does the DLC actually change the perks/perk system?

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Your Computer posted:

Far Harbor broke my "no level requirements on perks" mod and now several of my perks are bugged :( Does the DLC actually change the perks/perk system?

Yeah it adds some new perk levels.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

oh hey far harbor just downloaded

Denzer
May 15, 2009
Downloaded Far Harbor on steam but I'm not sure how to start the quest.

It's not in my log. Is it maybe because this is a survival mode character and steam still says [beta]? How did other people start the first quest for far harbor, did it just show up in your log when you logged in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Denzer posted:

Downloaded Far Harbor on steam but I'm not sure how to start the quest.

It's not in my log. Is it maybe because this is a survival mode character and steam still says [beta]? How did other people start the first quest for far harbor, did it just show up in your log when you logged in?

Immediately popped up when I loaded up my character (who was standing in Sanctuary, if that matters.)

• Locked thread