Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

black knights simply do not want to drop their stuff, even when im stacking item discovery. getting really tired of stabbing them over and over

same except for the channelers in dukes archives which ive been grinding for the trident for the last two and a half hours now in a sad attempt to 100% dark souls 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

I don't care what hoops they gotta jump through to justify it with lore all I want is a boss rush mode . I know you can co-op to replay them but that's not the same since there are other people. Hell throw some bosses from the other games in there too I wanna fight O&S with my Dark Souls 3 character. Or uh *fails to remember any boss from DS2*

mirror knight

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
ng+ giant crabs are tanks. a maxed out ultra great sword can barely chip them.

it's funny to use the lie down gesture near a pile of dead bodies and activate a giant tree seed on invaders.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Lost Sinner, Mirror Knight, Freja, Velstadt and King Vendrick are all badass.

flexile sentry was a really cool gimmick boss, highly underrated imo

alonne, sinh and fume were also cool

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i really liked smelter demon but i'm probably in a minority on that

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
skeleton lords ftw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

flexile sentry was a really cool gimmick boss, highly underrated imo

alonne, sinh and fume were also cool

Sinh was just kalameet but instead of fighting in an awesome open area you're trapped in a stupid cave

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The dark souls 2 is bad and forgettable meme has run its course. It's good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked the first sunken king boss. uhhh hard nashandra i forget the actual name. badass boss and summons the best boss in the base game to also fight you

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like they ripped all the textures in dark souls 2 from elder scrolls oblivion.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

The dark souls 2 is bad and forgettable meme has run its course. It's good.

My issue with it is pretty much just the level and environmental design. Neither is as interesting or inspired as the other games in the series. It's still a good game though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dark souls 2 feels bad and looks bad, and has bad bosses, but its still good because its got good armor and weapons and levels.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
dark souls 2 is the dark souls of sequels

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

2 ws good at some thngs but theres no reason to ever play it again nw that three's out

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

2 ws good at some thngs but theres no reason to ever play it again nw that three's out

some day in the future im probably gonna run through all three games with a roleplay character using the same weapons and armor in each

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i havent played this game in a little while. im coming for you polnareff sulyvan

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

pvp continues to be insanely sick. invaded 3 matching bart simpsons who were laying in wait for me and completely lost my poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

some day in the future im probably gonna run through all three games with a roleplay character using the same weapons and armor in each

you gonna CE that poo poo?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

:agreed:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dark souls 2 has the red iron twinblade which makes it alright

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i do hhope the dlc adds twinblades nd the bone fist, those were a shtload of fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

i do hhope the dlc adds twinblades nd the bone fist, those were a shtload of fun

i really just want some trick weapons

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

After three days of trying, I finally beat pontiff at sl1 +2. That fight is such a nightmare with low hp.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing as a purple in crucifixion woods, since my acct is apparently bugged for sentinels and watchdogs

it's really fun, and i've had a few six person melees.

i can't understand, after i play the waiting game, make time for more phantoms to invade, kill one of the host's phantoms, and lure the battle over to one of the crabs that one of the reds would suddenly decide that i'm the best target, instead of the person that they get a loving covenant item for killing, but that's happened once or twice. i guess those people don't know how purples work?

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i can't understand, after i play the waiting game, make time for more phantoms to invade, kill one of the host's phantoms, and lure the battle over to one of the crabs that one of the reds would suddenly decide that i'm the best target, instead of the person that they get a loving covenant item for killing, but that's happened once or twice. i guess those people don't know how purples work?

if they're just invading for fun, why would they care

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDShspLkux0

I'm not sure whether this is retarded or awesome.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

if they're just invading for fun, why would they care

winning is fun

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
winning is not the objective of being a purple, chaos is

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

apropos to nothing posted:

winning is not the objective of being a purple, chaos is

i was attacked by a red, who has nothing to gain from killing me other than me not killing them (and I wasn't)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
high level gameplay from a new perspective

Soral
May 30, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i was attacked by a red, who has nothing to gain from killing me other than me not killing them (and I wasn't)

why werent you attacking the red phantom. seems to me you could have gotten a shackle from this guy instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd gotten it to 2 on 1 with the host, myself and a watchdog when the red invaded. instead of joining us to easily finish off the host, the red started attacking me instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
apart from that, killing anyone who summons is more satisfying than killing another invader

Soral
May 30, 2009

if you dont like fighting invaders consider changing covenants to one that isnt designed around killing other invaders. good luck my friend.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

apart from that, killing anyone who summons is more satisfying than killing another invader

I like having the invader experience without ruining the embered guy's run if I can, but more than that I like killing the summons and then madly gesturing at or dancing around the host as i disappear from their world. It's an absolute delight

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
sunbro'd for a guy and a red sunbro was hanging out with us and never made an attempt on the host. just sat around while we cleared the area and occasionally he'd help us out.

I haven't gotten any hits as a purple so I just settled staying in the sunlight covenant.

siegward isn't trapped in the well yet. did I miss a trigger by opening the fire keeper grave too early?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDShspLkux0

I'm not sure whether this is retarded or awesome.

The one thing I wanted to see was how some the bosses would look from first person and all we got was a few seconds of Yhorm

Soral
May 30, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

sunbro'd for a guy and a red sunbro was hanging out with us and never made an attempt on the host. just sat around while we cleared the area and occasionally he'd help us out.

I haven't gotten any hits as a purple so I just settled staying in the sunlight covenant.

siegward isn't trapped in the well yet. did I miss a trigger by opening the fire keeper grave too early?

no, the trigger for him to show up is in cathedral of the deep. doesnt matter if or when you open up the fire keeper grave

Soral
May 30, 2009

i know this because just earlier this week i was playing at a friend's house and triggered him appearing in that well after they beat the game without ever meeting him there and opening up the grave like 50 hours prior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

I like having the invader experience without ruining the embered guy's run if I can, but more than that I like killing the summons and then madly gesturing at or dancing around the host as i disappear from their world. It's an absolute delight

Like waking yourself up from a dream because you became too lucid

• Locked thread