Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
By the way, this does not mean go back past my posts today and report previous posts.
It's from this moment onwards. The warning is out and in the ether for people to now be aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

VideoGames posted:

By the way, this does not mean go back past my posts today and report previous posts.
It's from this moment onwards. The warning is out and in the ether for people to now be aware of.

Let it stand. Doxxing is no longer permitted in this thread and any entity within the game who is found to practise Doxxing should be vigorously called out on it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I can see my homesystem! Lonetrek :D

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Who the gently caress is Solaryis Chtonium?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

VideoGames posted:

I can see my homesystem! Lonetrek :D

:shobon:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

reporting you for being mod of my heart

Reporting you for frivolous reporting.

Xolve posted:

Who the gently caress is Solaryis Chtonium?

A crew of people that hang with DARK.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

Reporting you for frivolous reporting.

Please don't report Deadtear.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

I was being facetious.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
it wasnt funny

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Syndic Thrass posted:

it wasnt funny

mlyp

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly outside of NC. all of the people clogging up Dek are some of the most loving retarded alliances I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. I want people to really think about the implications of me saying "Darkness is worse than TEST in every way."

I'll give it a moment for the horror to sink in.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

:swoon:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Can someone give me a recap of the last 60 pages?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

No. There was a call to evacuate Vale and Branch but not Deklein.

Deklein went from "Fortress Deklein" to "What you haven't evaced yet? RIP you"

Sorry you missed the memo everyone else got.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

pugnax posted:

You've not missed much.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Kind of like how sov mechanics went from Dominion Sov to Fozziesov. Hmmmm...

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

pugnax posted:

Sadly, it's mostly:

"You're dumb"

"No, you're dumb"

"No, you're wrong"

Also- someone I've never heard of had a pretty significant meltdown about deadtear being deadtear or something like that.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

We got most of our stuff out and those that didn't are idiots who never read the forums or dotlan and need to be handheld and told the obvious.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
I'm wondering what will happen to the north now that it has been freed from our cold grasp of evil. I bet it will be something along the lines of "we will shoot each other but don't attack moons or other strategic assets". :sun:

Also the best way to prevent trapped assets in hostile space is to not have any assets worth anything in the first place and be space poor, like me.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hubbl3 posted:

I'm wondering what will happen to the north now that it has been freed from our cold grasp of evil. I bet it will be something along the lines of "we will shoot each other but don't attack moons or other strategic assets". :sun:

Also the best way to prevent trapped assets in hostile space is to not have any assets worth anything in the first place and be space poor, like me.

Hopefully yall will farm the gently caress out of the southern dregs squatting in dek and make PL repeatedly form to save them until they get sick of it.

Add in some blueballs liberally

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That Works posted:

Sorry you missed the memo everyone else got.

Fine link the memo.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Zephyrine posted:

Fine link the memo.

Not sure if you have GF.com access through a spy or alt or something, but it was in the Standing orders thread from April 5th. At which point the Sov map still looked like this: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/20160405.png

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

War Eagle posted:

Not sure if you have GF.com access through a spy or alt or something, but it was in the Standing orders thread from April 5th. At which point the Sov map still looked like this: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/20160405.png

A screenshot then?

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

A screenshot then?

Forgot they post those to TheMittanni.com, sorry.

https://www.themittani.com/news/gsf-ceo-update-war-sovless-aggression

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

please don't screenshot things from our forums to win arguments with enemies tia

(things on tm.com are fine of course)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That hardly counts as a call to evacuate.

Edit: In fact neither evacuation nor Deklein are even mentioned. It's at best referring to Saranen as the Deployment.

evilweasel posted:

please don't screenshot things from our forums to win arguments with enemies tia

No it's fine go ahead.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 18, 2016

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
There was no call to evacuate. I even complained about it one of my bitter posts back in April. A lot of people were very careful to say you should get deployed to Saranen and Saranen was our home now, but never a strict "Get everything out of Dek". You can even see conversations on the forums about whether people should pack up and move their non-PvP stuff out or not right up to when Dek was already half gone.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Edit: In fact neither evacuation nor Deklein are even mentioned. It's at best referring to Saranen as the Deployment.

No it's fine go ahead.

Well Deklein is never mentioned, but when you list the destination for a withdrawal then you sort of assume that you're withdrawing from everywhere. Also, withdraw and evacuate are literally synonyms, so not a great argument there.

Sarcasm aside, I know what you're actually saying is that there was never a :frogsiren: get your crap out of Deklein post, but when you're talking about a group as big as ours there's a real consequence to setting off a panic with something like that, plus it's a bad PR move. I had been back to Eve for all of a week when that came out and I read between the lines enough to get all of my stuff out of Deklein. (Including a whole bunch of sniping Oracles that no one in the game uses any more apparently)

edit: I did leave behind a bunch of PI stuff though, so if anyone from Darkness is reading this buy my drat fire sales.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

No it's fine go ahead.

Did you get this stupid before you joined horde, or was it a condition of employment?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Anyone who left significant assets in Dek post nullsec staging is silly. There's no good reason to keep capital assets in dek nor has there ever really been a good reason to do so. The only time I brought my carrier into Dek after 2012 was to rob a capswarm fuel cache to pick something up before I went elsewhere.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

War Eagle posted:

Well Deklein is never mentioned, but when you list the destination for a withdrawal then you sort of assume that you're withdrawing from everywhere. Also, withdraw and evacuate are literally synonyms, so not a great argument there.

Sarcasm aside, I know what you're actually saying is that there was never a :frogsiren: get your crap out of Deklein post, but when you're talking about a group as big as ours there's a real consequence to setting off a panic with something like that, plus it's a bad PR move. I had been back to Eve for all of a week when that came out and I read between the lines enough to get all of my stuff out of Deklein. (Including a whole bunch of sniping Oracles that no one in the game uses any more apparently)

Bad PR is right on the money. Though leaving the members in ignorance until the house was on fire was too high of a price to pay. Combined with "we will take Deklein back"

The second that the outcome became uncertain, the call should have been made to evacuate non-essential equipment. Probably right after CO2 flipped.

We had no problem telling Lawn, Bastion and FCON to pick up everything and evacuate. Ironically this probably left them better off afterwards since they still held their space when the evacuation was done.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Anyone who left significant assets in Dek post nullsec staging is silly. There's no good reason to keep capital assets in dek nor has there ever really been a good reason to do so. The only time I brought my carrier into Dek after 2012 was to rob a capswarm fuel cache to pick something up before I went elsewhere.

I live in a Sov Station with capital assets, AMA

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The only caps you should keep in dek are ratting carriers for those sweet sweet ticks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think it's silly to blame people for not evaccing their stuff and I certainly wouldn't. Hopefully Horde has moved a lot of stuff into fade that will be irritating to have locked up when the time comes though.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

evilweasel posted:

I think it's silly to blame people for not evaccing their stuff and I certainly wouldn't. Hopefully Horde has moved a lot of stuff into fade that will be irritating to have locked up when the time comes though.

I don't think Horde will still be living in Fade during the great re-conquista of 2019

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

The second that the outcome became uncertain, the call should have been made to evacuate non-essential equipment. Probably right after CO2 flipped.

I disagree of course. If the outcome was still uncertain, then calling for everyone to evacuate makes it very certain, and not in our favor. Even if it was just a call to remove non-essential equipment, that would be akin to telling everyone to abandon the region and wouldn't have served anyone's interests.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

What will they ever do when they lose all those Feroxes??

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Did you get this stupid before you joined horde, or was it a condition of employment?

Before, but there was no official call to evacuate general stuff. The majority of assets that are stuck in dek are most likely industrial assets not ships. Most people who really wanted to get their capitals out of dek before we actually lost stations did so fairly easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

never any call to evacuate Deklein

Actually, space dad did just this. Dunno about the rest of the alliance or coalition.

• Locked thread