Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is that Simon Belmont from the Captain N cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

No that's Cia from hyrule warriors

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I dig Coelasquid's rendition of Cia!

I don't recall this being noted yet, but I'm pretty certain, at this point, that the "Material Master" mixture is broke in Legends. Don't go wasting your materials or rupees on it, because it simply does not do anything. Hopefully they'll fix this in the next update, otherwise getting that last set of badges will be a bit of a bitch...

Finally entered my add-on code to the WiiU game, and while it may be scaled back in content overall, it's pretty satisfying seeing Linkle going murderdeathkill on a version of the game that's in HD and can place more enemies on the screen.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

SuperHappy posted:

I don't recall this being noted yet, but I'm pretty certain, at this point, that the "Material Master" mixture is broke in Legends. Don't go wasting your materials or rupees on it, because it simply does not do anything. Hopefully they'll fix this in the next update, otherwise getting that last set of badges will be a bit of a bitch...

Finally entered my add-on code to the WiiU game, and while it may be scaled back in content overall, it's pretty satisfying seeing Linkle going murderdeathkill on a version of the game that's in HD and can place more enemies on the screen.

It does actually do something, but that is to give you more silver materials which is bad if you're looking for the gold ones.

That said, I have used it on occasion to get the silver materials I want to get, because I am literally swimming in silver materials that I don't need by now.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

SuperHappy posted:

The Japanese website for the patch tomorrow specifically mentions that that potion is getting fixed.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Sakurazuka posted:

First panel is Ganondorf (he had a lot of sisters, of course he can do his hair up nice) and Commander Badass.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I liked this more before I realized the first panel says "petty" and not "pretty"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The fact that drunk Ganondorf says "Listen. Listen." is never going to stop being the best part of that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the great sea adventure map is really weird. It seems... linear? weirdly? also where are all the items

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bakalakadaka posted:

I liked this more before I realized the first panel says "petty" and not "pretty"

I should probably mention the previous comic to that one.

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/been-in-a-ganondorf-kind-of-mood-lately

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

This explains a lot, really. Was the king also going to build a wall dungeon and make them pay for it?

(Also, what's with all the Lum avatars popping up in the last few days?)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the great sea adventure map is really weird. It seems... linear? weirdly? also where are all the items

For whatever reason the items spawn after clearing a few missions. The Twilight Princess map has the same issue.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Jsor posted:

(Also, what's with all the Lum avatars popping up in the last few days?)

Someone went on a shopping spree on ADTRW, and gave a lot of forum goers Lum avvies.

Lowtax is profiting off of this green haired lady.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It kind of goes in a spiral pattern. The final maps are in the center. Items start showing up once you've cleared a few maps. I thought it was weird at first, but it grew on me. At least it's easy to tell what item you need to use where. I'm up to the Master Quest map next, and I'll be back to looking up what spots need a bomb or whatever again. :sigh: It was nice while it lasted.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

It kind of goes in a spiral pattern.

So it's a tornado or hurricane?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

He is pretty as hell though :swoon:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The new DLC is out now in Europe.

Medli needs Ganondorf and Phantom Ganon (boo!) materials for her badges. On the Master Wind Waker Map you start out on Outset Island.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dunban posted:

The new DLC is out now in Europe.

Medli needs Ganondorf and Phantom Ganon (boo!) materials for her badges. On the Master Wind Waker Map you start out on Outset Island.

Right now the DLC just sticks me in a never ending cycle of "You recieved !"

pressing A just repeats the window.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can't wait to get home and play it :woop:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fixed it. The error comes from downloading the DLC seperately from the 1.3 game update via the store. Close the game fully, update via the estore, then launch the game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm liking Medli so far (granted, I haven't used her in a really difficult mission yet since I leveled her up to level 60 right away). She kinda feels like an all-around better version of Zelda's baton.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bloodly posted:

So it's a tornado or hurricane?

Yes, precisely! I had made that connection before but it did not surface in my brain at the time I was posting.

Can't wait to try out Medlii when I get home! Does the new Adventure map have any prerequisites? Recommend level?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Silver Falcon posted:

Yes, precisely! I had made that connection before but it did not surface in my brain at the time I was posting.

Can't wait to try out Medlii when I get home! Does the new Adventure map have any prerequisites? Recommend level?

Not sure if it has any prerequisites since I had already unlocked all the other maps beforehand, but I highly doubt it has any.

I've only played on the first couple of stages so far, but they were really easy, maybe around the level of the original Great Sea map. I'm sure it'll get more difficult, but I can't see it being as tough as the Termina or Twilight maps.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Is the new DLC pack not out in America yet, because I cannot get this god damned thing to update.

EDIT: Ok I guess it doesn't launch in America until noon? This is what I get for confusing AM with PM.

FormerPoster fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 19, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

For the new characters like Medli on the Wii U version, do they have different material requirements for the badges for Wind Waker specific materials that aren't on the Wii U version?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
So is the level cap still 99? I really hope they didn't increase it.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

For the new characters like Medli on the Wii U version, do they have different material requirements for the badges for Wind Waker specific materials that aren't on the Wii U version?

Yes. Medli requires Zant and King Dodongo materials on the Wii U version.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Lemon-Lime posted:

So is the level cap still 99? I really hope they didn't increase it.

Yeah, still 99.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

Yeah, still 99.

Awesome. Hoping it stays this way even with future DLC packs.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

tithin posted:

Right now the DLC just sticks me in a never ending cycle of "You recieved !"

pressing A just repeats the window.

I did this before downloading the update and now I have a bunch of blank unusable icons for new fairy clothing :(

nitendo plz patch

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86305092&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Apparently Nintendo let the Hyrule Warriors trademark lapse. No idea if this actually means anything because I don't know poo poo about copyrights and all that, but I saw people talking like this means doom and gloom for the franchise.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Well well well, looks like Medli does drop materials... Ruto's materials! That's actually a nice shout-out to who the Rito evolved from.

Also got a new costume for King Daphnes. It makes most of his attire green for some reason.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
With the wind waker release, is it now possible to purchase the new dlc just for WiiU as opposed to the WiiU/3ds bundle?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86305092&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Apparently Nintendo let the Hyrule Warriors trademark lapse. No idea if this actually means anything because I don't know poo poo about copyrights and all that, but I saw people talking like this means doom and gloom for the franchise.

It means nothing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

It means nothing.

It means the next game will be changed to Grooseland Warriors

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looked up some gameplay footage of Medli, she looks like she has insane extended air combos and also she looks fun as hell

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait. So is the update instantly downloaded if you've the season pass? And if so how and when do you unlock Medli? I'll admit I just finished story mode and I'm really just about to crack in to adventure mode and what I figure is the first map (there are other maps that I suppose are unlocked the more you advance?)

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait. So is the update instantly downloaded if you've the season pass? And if so how and when do you unlock Medli? I'll admit I just finished story mode and I'm really just about to crack in to adventure mode and what I figure is the first map (there are other maps that I suppose are unlocked the more you advance?)

You have to download the 1.3.0 update from the eShop, then you'll get Medli when you launch the game.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What I did was exit Hyrule Warriors and load up the eShop. I searched for Hyrule Warriors to find the new patch, because it sure wasn't listed under the game showing up on the eShop's home page. Once that downloaded, I started HW back up and Medli unlocked but not the new map. So I went to Extras in the main menu and selected Download Gifts, which got me a message saying it needed to download updates for my DLC. I backed out when it asked for a download code, and I got the Master Great Sea Map unlocked message.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Anyone going to the eShop for the update should look up "Hyrule Warriors update" because at least when I checked they didn't have it as an option on the front page and it was not under the game's main page and just Hyrule Warriors has a million gameplay videos and trailers.

• Locked thread