Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Isn't the Croissant Dude supposed to be Totally Not Copyright Infringing Pillsbury Dough-Dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i entered this fight a pillsbury dough boy, but shall leave a pillsbury dough man.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Trumpets, Please

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh so this is literally supposed to be the Foodfight! of Mascot Fighters?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I think the stickman is supposed to be the guy on the Bic logo or something. Geeze, can't you develop your own game engine instead of just using MUGEN which is what this looks exactly like?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

oddium posted:

Trumpets, Please

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't actually care much about Ghostbusters, but my dream project is to one day write a TV series adaptation of Groundhog Day.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So basically if anyone remakes Groundhog Day, I will completely lose my mind.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

may i interest you in the anime Tatami Galaxy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't actually care much about Ghostbusters, but my dream project is to one day write a TV series adaptation of Groundhog Day.

Check out the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Perhaps you've heard of this anime, Pokemon

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Since this thread is no longer about games I'd like to inform everybody that I went to Denny's for the first time on Monday. Not my choice, it was a going-away lunch for a coworker. I'm not sure what you're actually supposed to order at Denny's so I got the waffles. Eh.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

Since this thread is no longer about games I'd like to inform everybody that I went to Denny's for the first time on Monday. Not my choice, it was a going-away lunch for a coworker. I'm not sure what you're actually supposed to order at Denny's so I got the waffles. Eh.

Denny's is pretty good if you're super exhausted from working at M&T Bank Stadium and just want to sit in a comfy chair and chow down on some waffles.

This was at least on Sunday a month for me each fall semester in college.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Denny's is fine but if I'm going to be getting horrific diarrhea anyways I'd rather go with Waffle House. It's a much chiller environment and the staff is generally really nice.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The last time I had Denny's it was after some major surgery after not eating for like 2 days and it was still crappy food. I don't buy the narrative that it's for exhausted people.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Edge of Tomorrow was a Groundhog Day remake if you squint hard enough.

Punxsutawney Phil saw some aliens and Bill Murray decided to throw down.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
Every Day the Same Dream plays a lot like Groundhog Day: The Game, but it doesn't end on quite as positive a note

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

PantsBandit posted:

Denny's is fine but if I'm going to be getting horrific diarrhea anyways I'd rather go with Waffle House. It's a much chiller environment and the staff is generally really nice.

I don't know if "all the phoned-in quality of Denny's but with a higher chance of getting stabbed in the parking lot by some meth addict" counts as being chiller but I mean, maybe Waffle Houses are different wherever you are.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
More like awful house, amirite

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Mordja posted:

Denny's sucks. The only reason you go there is because you live in the burbs and it's the only restaurant open after 1 a.m. when Steak and Shake closes.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

More like awful house, amirite

No, that's Huddle House, Waffle House is at least endearing.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv :bang: Oh man, I only read it, I didn't say it out loud, I'm completely oblivious. Forgive me.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 18, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FanaticalMilk posted:

No, that's Huddle House, Waffle House is at least endearing.

Awful doesn't rhyme with huddle ya dingus

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I spent part of my day today explaining the plot of Groundhog Day to some colleagues who didn't understand it. Once I'd finished they claimed they really wanted to watch it again which made me happy as I adore that film and everything it stands for.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I spent part of my day today explaining the plot of Groundhog Day to some colleagues who didn't understand it. Once I'd finished they claimed they really wanted to watch it again which made me happy as I adore that film and everything it stands for.

Wait... what?
I mean I love that film, but what's loving confusing about it? There's nothing to really understand... A guy repeats the same day over and over again until he doesn't, presumably because the powers that be decided that he "learned his lesson".

But I mean, good? It's a great film and the fact that you explained it in a non-condescending way that made them interested in rewatching it is great.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

It's so good and it would be a perfect sitcom, because sitcoms are defined by 1. a constant return to the status quo at the end of all episodes and 2. romantic relationships that slowly develop over the course of the show, and Groundhog Day is both.

It's one of my favorite films.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FanaticalMilk posted:

Denny's sucks. The only reason you go there is because you live in the burbs and it's the only restaurant open after 1 a.m. when Steak and Shake closes.

Driving home drunk one day, I stopped at one to piss. They served me in less than 5m and I was finished and gone in 10m. You shut up about Denny's the place that will serve me a good breakfest anytime of the day!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's so good and it would be a perfect sitcom, because sitcoms are defined by 1. a constant return to the status quo at the end of all episodes and 2. romantic relationships that slowly develop over the course of the show, and Groundhog Day is both.

It's one of my favorite films.

The idea you're describing is loving genius

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Look at all these goons with refined palates. Is Denny's not good enough for you, frequent posters in video game forum chat thread? Is their low-mid priced dining experience too pedestrian for a person of your fine standing in society? When presented with a laminated menu showcasing various edible Slams do your eyes glaze over and your hands tremble, unable to process the information presented in the common tongue and find an item that you could possibly stomach? Sorry you had to slum it, hope your GI tract didn't eviscerate itself in protest. :rolleye:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Snak posted:

Wait... what?
I mean I love that film, but what's loving confusing about it? There's nothing to really understand... A guy repeats the same day over and over again until he doesn't, presumably because the powers that be decided that he "learned his lesson".

But I mean, good? It's a great film and the fact that you explained it in a non-condescending way that made them interested in rewatching it is great.

Well they didn't understand that the fundamental rule is that learning to be happy comes more from making your 'environment' positive rather than yourself. That once you let go of the constant need to put yourself first and assist others in overcoming things then you will be naturally uplifted and brought alongside them. The people I was talking to about it only thought that it was a comedy about a man hallucinating a never ending storm.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LawfulWaffle posted:

Look at all these goons with refined palates. Is Denny's not good enough for you, frequent posters in video game forum chat thread? Is their low-mid priced dining experience too pedestrian for a person of your fine standing in society? When presented with a laminated menu showcasing various edible Slams do your eyes glaze over and your hands tremble, unable to process the information presented in the common tongue and find an item that you could possibly stomach? Sorry you had to slum it, hope your GI tract didn't eviscerate itself in protest. :rolleye:

It's me, the goon who orders one of their entree salads that's like the size of your torso. Sometimes entree salads are a bad deal at restaurants, but Denny's, for some reason, doesn't gently caress around in that department.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah.

The only "fault" I find in groundhog day is that I don't find Andie MacDowell's character in it to be very attractive, so I don't personally identify with the protagonists motivations/goals. But that's a little thing.

So in this hypothetical amazing show, all you have to do is write the female lead's character to be more interesting of a person.

Edit: also there's no particular reason outside of "the movie" that the man has to be the one repeating the day. You could have the protagonist be female and it would work fine.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When you go to denny's you just have to remember you want the grand slam with everything. If you just get the slam you dont get your pancakes too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The idea you're describing is loving genius
Yes. I know. It's my dream project.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes. I know. It's my dream project.

I read this post in an exasperated Orson Welles. Take that however you want.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Accurate.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

quote:

The alarm clock buzzs and FactsAreUseless wakes up. Still hungry and with a full bladder his first human instinct is to reach his own battered laptop and check the moderator's log of the forum he collaborates with. Great. Those pesky euros did it again and shat all over the videogame threads. As a routine, Facts swings his banhammer, sparing the american shitposting shift on the games subforums the need to suicide-gank their account just to prove the blimeys, frog eaters and mafiosi how wrong they are on the internet and how much they should stay on their own side of the ocean...

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
groundhog day is a funny movie, it was also a pretty good stargate episode

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V0I46FycXI

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

deadly_pudding posted:

now i'm imagining facts are useless saying "we know a remote farm in lincolnshire, where mrs. buckley lives. every july peas grow there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's gonna be really weird when someone accidentally picks up an episode in the middle and can't figure out why some guy is freaking the gently caress out when his alarm clock goes off at the start of the show

• Locked thread